Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batten Down the Hatches....Obamacare Ruling Possible Monday 6/25

Batten Down the Hatches....Obamacare Ruling Possible Monday 6/25

So says pretty much all news outlets.

Let the drama begin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Place your bets... I say the mandate is struck down, but the rest of the law is upheld.

Jets Insider VIP
    I bet the whole law goes.

To sever just the clause the supremes must figure out how the rest stands. The bill is too big & complicated for that. They even joked about it while hearing arguments.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I have ten dollars on Elena Kagan farting loudly at least once during the announcement.

All Pro
    On top of all the bowing and scraping, blaming America, blaming Bush, overspending by the trillions, coverups of plans to nullify the 2nd amendment, race baiting, class warfare, mismanaging America's economy and general incompetence B. Hussein is now potentially a Constitutional imbecile to boot.

Because "the Supremes" :rolleyes: are nominated by Presidents and ratified by Congress this decision will once again prove how crucial it is to vote with your Conservative brain instead of your dopey Liberal/Crypto-Liberal hive-minded drug-addled DREAM-acting terror-ignoring gay-marrying tattooed- with-the-sign-of-the-beast heart.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4499747]I have ten dollars on Elena Kagan farting loudly at least once during the announcement.[/QUOTE]

You lose, the robes of justice are designed with baffles that muffle unladylike sounds.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4499750]You lose, the robes of justice are designed with baffles that muffle unladylike sounds.[/QUOTE]

Those robes must also be quite frustrating when she needs to scratch her balls.

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4499749]On top of all the bowing and scraping, blaming America, blaming Bush, overspending by the trillions, coverups of plans to nullify the 2nd amendment, race baiting, class warfare, mismanaging America's economy and general incompetence B. Hussein is now potentially a Constitutional imbecile to boot.[/QUOTE]

Obama is the Peter Principle on steroids personified.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4499747]I have ten dollars on Elena Kagan farting loudly at least once during the announcement.[/QUOTE]

Does that cover quifs?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GreenGeek;4499738]I bet the whole law goes.

To sever just the clause the supremes must figure out how the rest stands. The bill is too big & complicated for that. They even joked about it while hearing arguments.[/QUOTE]

This. Agreed.

My bet a very narrow decision that doesn't give much clarity and puts the markets in further turmoil.

First Ruling Issued......and it's not Obamacare.

It's Arizona/Immigration.

[QUOTE=CNN]The Supreme Court issues split verdict on Arizona's controversial immigration law, upholding some parts, rejecting others [/QUOTE]

Details pending.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4499921]First Ruling Issued......and it's not Obamacare.

Details pending.[/QUOTE]

Hysterical:

Fox News: "Supreme Court Upholds Part of AZ Immigration Law Involving Checking Status."

MSNBC: "High Court Strikes Down Most of AZ Immigration Law."
    Last edited by Axil; 06-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4499921]First Ruling Issued......and it's not Obamacare.

Details pending.[/QUOTE]

Most important part, imo, stays:

[url]http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/25/will-supreme-court-rule-on-major-health-care-and-immigration-cases/[/url]
    CNN's Kate Bolduan, clarifying the ruling, said of the provision that was upheld: "If they suspect you have broke a law that is already on the books, they can check your immigration status" if theres reasonable suspicions a person is in the country illegally.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4499931]Most important part, imo, stays:

[url]http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/25/will-supreme-court-rule-on-major-health-care-and-immigration-cases/[/url]
    CNN's Kate Bolduan, clarifying the ruling, said of the provision that was upheld: "If they suspect you have broke a law that is already on the books, they can check your immigration status" if theres reasonable suspicions a person is in the country illegally.[/QUOTE]

Not the most important part but sort of surprising... It basically forces Arizona to rewrite the law based on being able to check in the event of normal law enforcement contact with an individual they deem to be here illegally... (i.e. you'll hear quite a few cases of profiling in regards to traffic stops now)... If they cannot produce ID, what can they then do with that suspect?

It's going to be a slippery slope for those officers... We'll see what happens...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4499933][B]Not the most important part but sort of surprising..[/B]. It basically forces Arizona to rewrite the law based on being able to check in the event of normal law enforcement contact with an individual they deem to be here illegally... (i.e. you'll hear quite a few cases of profiling in regards to traffic stops now)... If they cannot produce ID, what can they then do with that suspect?

It's going to be a slippery slope for those officers... We'll see what happens...[/QUOTE]

You don't think? What was the more important piece? The one prohibiting illegal immigrants to seek work?

And what does this mean?

"Even there, though, the justices said the provision could be subject to additional legal challenges.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/supreme-court-upholds-part-controversial-arizona-anti-illegal-immigration-law-article-1.1101799#ixzz1yofl9JKM[/url]

I thought this was it?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4499938]You don't think? What was the more important piece? The one prohibiting illegal immigrants to seek work?

And what does this mean?

"Even there, though, the justices said the provision could be subject to additional legal challenges.

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/supreme-court-upholds-part-controversial-arizona-anti-illegal-immigration-law-article-1.1101799#ixzz1yofl9JKM[/url]

I thought this was it?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the bill entirely but I thought the most important piece was in regards to the way it was written as state enforcement... The SC just upheld that it is federal law to deal with immigration as a whole and the state be damned...

Don't mind being wrong on this one, just going off memory...

To be honest, the Arizona ruling holds very little import now IMO. Given the Executive Decision to not enforce Immigration Law outside of "serious criminals", checking or not checking at the State Level is pretty much 100% irrelevant now. The Feds won't prosecute and won't deport just because they are illegal immigrants, so what purpose does State-based checking do?

This ruling is an Anti-Climax to the already made Obama Administration "selective non-enforcement/prosecutorial discretion" announcement.

All Pro
    Sigh, I guess the Mexicans really do win just about all of this one:

Cole said the court did not necessarily uphold the provision allowing law enforcement officers to check peopleís immigration status when they are pulled over for a traffic violation or arrested for a crime.

ďAll they said was itís too early to tell before itís actually implemented whether itís inconsistent with federal law,í Cole said.
    [url]http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/25/will-supreme-court-rule-on-major-health-care-and-immigration-cases/comment-page-7/#comments[/url]

How long before an illegal wins a multi-million dollar civil suit for being deported, even though he's illegal, because his civil rights were violated when he was pulled over for having a broken taillight and had his status checked. :rolleyes:

I wonder what Finland's immigration policy is and if they get Sunday Ticket. :(

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4499945]I wonder what Finland's immigration policy is and if they get Sunday Ticket. :([/QUOTE]

Here you go.

[QUOTE]Citizenship of Finland can be obtained on the basis of birth, marriage of parents, adoption, or the place of birth. In addition, it may be acquired by application or by declaration to authorities. Finnish citizenship acquisition is based primarily on the legal principle of jus sanguinis. However, for many practical purposes, the concepts of municipal domicile and domicile in Finland are as important to the relation between the individual and the Finnish authorities as the individual's citizenship status.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_nationality_law[/url][/QUOTE]