Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie LB makes big impression on Revis, Jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tackleem;4500473]I was immediately high on Davis after looking at his measurables and tape, and only got higher after hearing about his character. But the one number that concerns me is that stinky 3-cone time. It translates to his pre-draft scouting reports, which noted that while his blazing speed makes him a potentially run-containment linebacker on the outside, his burst is more straight-line and isn't matched by exceptional agility. That could be a problem against cutback runners and -- especially since we're considering him for sub packages -- in coverage.

But hopefully he's smart and instinctual enough to somewhat makeup for that limitation. If nothing else I think he could be a great special teams tackler.

Anyway, there's a dose of pessimism mixed in with all this optimis.[/QUOTE]

Great point that three cone drill scouts use to determine a player ability to match up in coverage. IF Jets plan to set him free and let him rush the passer than he probably going to have a big year, but if they want to use him a lot in coverage than how much help is he really going to be in that area. Alot of scouting reports say that is his biggest weakness.

[url]http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/olb/demario-davis/[/url]
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-25-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4500523]Great point that three cone drill scouts use to determine a player ability to match up in coverage. IF Jets plan to set him free and let him rush the passer than he probably going to have a big year, but if they want to use him a lot in coverage than how much help is he really going to be in that area. Alot of scouting reports say that is his biggest weakness.

[url]http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/olb/demario-davis/[/url][/QUOTE]

Patrick Willis had a slower 3 cone time than davis (7.23) do you think he has trouble in coverage?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign this beast.
    I cant wait to see Terminator vs Davis, in training camp.....it will go on to become a video game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4500614]Patrick Willis had a slower 3 cone time than davis (7.23) do you think he has trouble in coverage?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember anyone questioning Willis coverage ability. [url]http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=834[/url]

The point was Quentin Groves at 260 was alot more impress an athlete as Davis and yet he wasn't a very good LB or very good in coverage. Instincts and awareness are much important qualities than speed for a LB.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-25-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4500759]I don't remember anyone questioning Willis coverage ability. [URL]http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=834[/URL]

The point was Quentin Groves at 260 was alot more impress an athlete as Davis and yet he wasn't a very good LB or very good in coverage.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, Groves is now a Raider?

:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4500761]Let me guess, Groves is now a Raider?

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No Q Groves plays for Arizona.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetlifer;4499841]hey you never know...perhaps this draft class will turn into something special. Wouldn't that be fantastic!!![/QUOTE]
    The endorsement from Revis that he could be a special player is god enough for me