Thread: Sewer Help...

Hall Of Fame

Sewer Help...

Let's help this guy un-GMC his sewer line:

[url]http://www.indiegogo.com/sewerhelp[/url]

All League
    Is this a little chum in the water to see if GMC is back under a different name?? Its almost time!! :D

His goal is to raise $21,000 he has only $525...

Poor guy

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4500057]His goal is to raise $21,000 he has only $525...

Poor guy[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I know. Sucks. He's a friend of my brothers......I'll probably donate by helping with the installation after he gets everything straightened out with the town/permits/excavating, etc.

I figured I'd post it here and get some hamperites in on the "prizes". :D

[QUOTE]$50

Cleansing flush

As one of our first acts after it's safe to use the toilets again, we will flush away an intention of your choice (written on toilet paper) with prayers to flush the same out of your life.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how small he could write and whether or not one of DWC's diatribes would fit on a sheet of TP.

Hall Of Fame
    I am not claiming to be an expert but 21k seems excessive. How much damage is there? Did his neighbor pick up his entire sewer line and crack it? I only see a small piece of broken pipe. The digging is expensive but 21k seems like a lot unless his house is far away from the sewer. Also what about his homeowner's insurance.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4500160]I am not claiming to be an expert but 21k seems excessive. How much damage is there? Did his neighbor pick up his entire sewer line and crack it? I only see a small piece of broken pipe. The digging is expensive but 21k seems like a lot unless his house is far away from the sewer. Also what about his homeowner's insurance.[/QUOTE]

What it is, is that his old line ran behind his house and connected to the town sewer mains quite a distance away. Now that the lots behind him are subdivided, the town doesn't want him to reconnect in that direction...they'd rather he come out of the front of the house and connect to the main in the newer street, which will require some rock-hammering and opening the road up to tap into the main. PLUS, I don't think he has enough pitch to just throw a few 90's and 45's in and just aim his entire system to the front...a lot of the piping in his basement will probably have to be redone to go to the front instead of the back of the house.

He has a case for prescriptive easement...but legal wranglings don't make his toilet flush today, lol.

All Pro
    "Cleansing Flush" and "prescriptive easement" both occur when I get home from work, as I refuse to empty my a$$ bag at work.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4500172]What it is, is that his old line ran behind his house and connected to the town sewer mains quite a distance away. Now that the lots behind him are subdivided, the town doesn't want him to reconnect in that direction...they'd rather he come out of the front of the house and connect to the main in the newer street, which will require some rock-hammering and opening the road up to tap into the main. PLUS, I don't think he has enough pitch to just throw a few 90's and 45's in and just aim his entire system to the front...a lot of the piping in his basement will probably have to be redone to go to the front instead of the back of the house.

He has a case for prescriptive easement...but legal wranglings don't make his toilet flush today, lol.[/QUOTE]

legal facking recourse!!!!!!

All Pro
    I would think Shakin would jump right on this. He haz 'sperience and knows his way around ****ter lines.

Does the city or town treat the wastewater?
    If so have them put in a wye or san-t and reroute the line

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4500172]What it is, is that his old line ran behind his house and connected to the town sewer mains quite a distance away. Now that the lots behind him are subdivided, the town doesn't want him to reconnect in that direction...they'd rather he come out of the front of the house and connect to the main in the newer street, which will require some rock-hammering and opening the road up to tap into the main. PLUS, I don't think he has enough pitch to just throw a few 90's and 45's in and just aim his entire system to the front...a lot of the piping in his basement will probably have to be redone to go to the front instead of the back of the house.

He has a case for prescriptive easement...but legal wranglings don't make his toilet flush today, lol.[/QUOTE]

I see. This is awful. I take being able to take a crap everyday for granted.

The town should kick in. Either way it is a lose-lose b.c he will always be at odds with this neighbor that costed him all this money. I would wait a few years, and blow the guys house up while he is sleeping.

Hall Of Fame
    Got a couple donations so far from here.

You guys rock :yes:

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    wtf, dude. You're a front-office big-wig at a major construction concern now. Send one of the backhoes over and give the guy a free scrape. sheesh.