Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darrelle Revis: Savior of the term 'shutdown corner'; #8 Top 100 NFL Players of 2011

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4502481]Apparently you aren't very smart. I'm not bashing the player. I am bashing the fans who idolize the player.

I root for the laundry, not the players. I don't care about having HoFers on the Jets. All I want is a SB.

For the record, the only thing I have "bashed" about Revis is the way he handles himself with regards to his contract.[/QUOTE]

You're a whiney sh1t that hasn't met a player that you can't complain about.

You're the type of idiot who wants to trade your best players simply because others would want them. Or because you don't want to pay to keep your star players.

And you haven't figured out who will come in return to whine about down the road.

Your routine rubs people wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    The best part of this is that during this season or next offseason the Jets are going to extend his current band aid contract into a long term deal that pays him what he is worth and allows the best defensive player in the NFL and arguably the best DB ever to retire as a New York Jet before heading to Canton

It is an honor as a Jet fan to be able to watch Revis play football for the team I root for

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4502481]Apparently you aren't very smart. I'm not bashing the player. I am bashing the fans who idolize the player.

I root for the laundry, not the players. I don't care about having HoFers on the Jets. All I want is a SB.

For the record, the only thing I have "bashed" about Revis is the way he handles himself with regards to his contract.[/QUOTE]

Says the person with a Joe Namath picture. Ala a player (Not a Jets logo). :rolleyes:

On a side note, what's wrong with being true Jet fans while also pulling for players such as Ferguson, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Sanchez, Tebow, Greene, McKnight, Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, Cumberland, Coples, Pouha, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pace, Harris, Scott, Davis, Maybin, Thomas, Cromartie, Bell, Landry, Revis, Wilson etc, etc? What's wrong with pulling for some of our favorite players who put their bodies/health/heart/future on the line each and every Sunday as Jets? For our enjoyment, the fans.

Since when was being a loyal fan and supporting our players considered as "idolizing" these guys? It's obvious that you idolize Joe Namath for helping the Jets win our first and only championship, so I guess I'm 'guilty' of "idolizing" Darrelle Revis' football ability as the greatest Jet that's ever lived to play the game of football. You claim to want a Super Bowl victory, but without these players... The Jets aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon sweetheart.

Curtis Martin rushed for the Jets until his body broke down. Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones gave their careers to the Jets. Wayne Chrebet and Aaron Glenn did the same. Shaun Ellis left it all on the field for this franchise. Laveranues Coles, Keyshawn Johnson, Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet, Wesley Walker and Don Maynard are some of the greatest Jet Wide Receivers of all-time. Animals like Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau provided old school Jet fans with years of enjoyment while watching the N.Y Sack Exchange. Before the Sack Exchange there was Gerry Philbin. Kevin Mawae gave the Jets what, 8-9 years of some of the greatest Center play Jet fans (such as yourself) has ever seen. You ever heard of Dennis Byrd? This man put his body and life on the line for the Jets.

None of this means anything to you? Without these players mentioned above, the Jets (as a team, franchise and fan base) have no history; none what so ever. When you watch old school film of the Jets, what do you see? NFL players. Without those players, as a fan, you have nothing at all. Darkness without these players mentioned above. But yet, you're actually criticizing Jet fans on a Jets message board for supporting/pulling and rooting for our players? To make it worse, you even have the nerve to accuse us of "idolizing" these players?

Get off your high horse pal. You have no idea/understanding/knowledge of what it takes/means to be a loyal fan. You support the "box score", we support the player who contributed to that box score.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502488]You're a whiney sh1t that hasn't met a player that you can't complain about.

You're the type of idiot who wants to trade your best players simply because others would want them. Or because you don't want to pay to keep your star players.

And you haven't figured out who will come in return to whine about down the road.

Your routine rubs people wrong.[/QUOTE]

Whenever you want we can take this to PM and I can go through every player for you. There are far more players I am complimentary about than players I criticize. The posts where I compliment a player or stick up for them go ignored. But when I say something critical of the idolized players, everyone's panties get in a bunch.

"Hasn't met a player that you can't complain about." is a complete overstatement.

I have criticized Sanchez and Revis, the two most popular players on this board. And Revis doesn't count b.c I never criticized him as a player. I criticize how he and his representation handles things.

I am all for paying players, but there are limits. I am not going to get into Revis again b.c it has been discussed ad nauseam.

Now you and your crew can overreact to everything I say and make assumptions or you can take what I post at face value. That is on you. I can't help you there.

Or you can put me on ignore.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502498]

On a side note, what's wrong with being true Jet fans while also pulling for players such as Ferguson, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Sanchez, Tebow, Greene, McKnight, Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, Cumberland, Coples, Pouha, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pace, Harris, Scott, Davis, Maybin, Thomas, Cromartie, Bell, Landry, Revis, Wilson

[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you name the other 25 players on the 53-man roster?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502498][B]Says the person with a Joe Namath picture. Ala a player (Not a Jets logo). :rolleyes:[/B]

On a side note, what's wrong with being true Jet fans while also pulling for players such as Ferguson, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Sanchez, Tebow, Greene, McKnight, Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, Cumberland, Coples, Pouha, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pace, Harris, Scott, Davis, Maybin, Thomas, Cromartie, Bell, Landry, Revis, Wilson etc, etc? What's wrong with pulling for some of our favorite players who put their bodies/health/heart/future on the line each and every Sunday as Jets? For our enjoyment, the fans.

Since when was being a loyal fan and supporting our players considered as "idolizing" these guys? It's obvious that you idolize Joe Namath for helping the Jets win our first and only championship, so I guess I'm 'guilty' of "idolizing" Darrelle Revis' football ability as the greatest Jet that's ever lived to play the game of football. You claim to want a Super Bowl victory, but without these players... [B]The Jets aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon sweetheart. [/B]

Curtis Martin rushed for the Jets until his body broke down. Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones gave their careers to the Jets. Wayne Chrebet and Aaron Glenn did the same. Shaun Ellis left it all on the field for this franchise. Laveranues Coles, Keyshawn Johnson, Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet, Wesley Walker and Don Maynard are some of the greatest Jet Wide Receivers of all-time. Animals like Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau provided old school Jet fans with years of enjoyment while watching the N.Y Sack Exchange. Before the Sack Exchange there was Gerry Philbin. Kevin Mawae gave the Jets what, 8-9 years of some of the greatest Center play Jet fans (such as yourself) has ever seen. You ever heard of Dennis Byrd? This man put his body and life on the line for the Jets.

None of this means anything to you? Without these players mentioned above, the Jets (as a team, franchise and fan base) have no history; none what so ever. When you watch old school film of the Jets, what do you see? NFL players. Without those players, as a fan, you have nothing at all. Darkness without these players mentioned above. But yet, you're actually criticizing Jet fans on a Jets message board for supporting/pulling and rooting for our players? To make it worse, you even have the nerve to accuse us of "idolizing" these players?

Get off your high horse pal. You have no idea/understanding/knowledge of what it takes/means to be a loyal fan. You support the "box score", we support the player who contributed to that box score.[/QUOTE]

LOL @ trying to use my avatar to prove I am a hypocrite. My last avatar was Phillip Seymore Hoffman in his Jets cap. I just happen to like that pic of Namath.

Only player I have ever come close to idolizing is Curtis Martin.

There is nothing wrong with pulling for players. I have rooted for every player that has ever worn a Jets jersey. Rooting for a player and making that player your source of pride and joy about your team are two different things. I don't care what HoF players we have on the team. I don't want to brag about players, I want to brag about hardware. "We got the best CB, blah, blah, blah" Who give a ****? The Giants just won a SB with JAGs at the CB position.

I put no player in front of the team. And "pay Revis anything he wants" is putting him in front of the team.

Right now I am unpopular for criticizing him, but lets wait and see in a month when he shows up to camp and does jumping jacks and rides a stationary bike. Lets see how people view him then.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502565]Why didn't you name the other 25 players on the 53-man roster?[/QUOTE]

Curious, why do you care how many players he does or doesn't list?

How does it change his point?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502498]Says the person with a Joe Namath picture. Ala a player (Not a Jets logo). :rolleyes:

Since when was being a loyal fan and supporting our players considered as "idolizing" these guys? It's obvious that you idolize Joe Namath for helping the Jets win our first and only championship, so I guess I'm 'guilty' of "idolizing" Darrelle Revis' football ability as the greatest Jet that's ever lived to play the game of football. You claim to want a Super Bowl victory, but without these players... The Jets aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon sweetheart.

[B]Curtis Martin rushed for the Jets until his body broke down. Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones gave their careers to the Jets. Wayne Chrebet and Aaron Glenn did the same. Shaun Ellis left it all on the field for this franchise. Laveranues Coles, Keyshawn Johnson, Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet, Wesley Walker and Don Maynard are some of the greatest Jet Wide Receivers of all-time. Animals like Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau provided old school Jet fans with years of enjoyment while watching the N.Y Sack Exchange. Before the Sack Exchange there was Gerry Philbin. Kevin Mawae gave the Jets what, 8-9 years of some of the greatest Center play Jet fans (such as yourself) has ever seen. You ever heard of Dennis Byrd? This man put his body and life on the line for the Jets.[/B]

Get off your high horse pal. You have no idea/understanding/knowledge of what it takes/means to be a loyal fan. You support the "box score", we support the player who contributed to that box score.[/QUOTE]

And their all millionaires do you feel the same for cops,firemen,military,coal miners etc that make quite a bit less??

[QUOTE=sg3;4502494]The best part of this is that during this season or next offseason the Jets are going to extend his current band aid contract into a long term deal that pays him what he is worth and allows the best defensive player in the NFL and arguably the best DB ever to retire as a New York Jet before heading to Canton

[/QUOTE]

There isn't a 26 yr old on earth "headed to Canton." Will it upset you if he is old and accepts a contract from the Chiefs?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Savage69;4502788]And their all millionaires do you feel the same for cops,firemen,military,coal miners etc that make quite a bit less??[/QUOTE]

Yes I do.

Now how does that change anything? What does money have to do with it, the point is they give.

Football players make millions because few can do what they do. As much as I respect cops, firemen, etc, its not the same.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502824]Yes I do.

Now how does that change anything? What does money have to do with it, the point is they give.

Football players make millions because few can do what they do. As much as I respect cops, firemen, etc, [B]its not the same[/B].[/QUOTE]

Your right but we can live without football but not without the others.. I just get tired of some fans crying about the poor players getting hurt they signed up for it they weren't forced at gunpoint were they??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4502819][B]There isn't a 26 yr old on earth "headed to Canton[/B]." Will it upset you if he is old and accepts a contract from the Chiefs?[/QUOTE]

You could have said that about Jim Brown at 26 unless your counting the 5 years waiting time to get in..