Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Value of Anthony Fasano

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502090]How is that?

JAG's can be decent to good players. The majority of NFL players are JAGs.

You are trying to compare a JAG TE (Keller) to an elite TE (Davis) and you are, as usual, wrong.[/QUOTE]

I go by the Parcells definition of a Jag, which is a guy that can be replaced by another guy on the waiver wire. A third string guy like Kurovides. A Starter is not a Jag, you just can not replace a starter on a nfl team. Keller is an above average pass catching TE, that is a liability as an inline blocker, and is less than average as a blocker when working wide of the tackles.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502301]Really?

Of course it does.

I didn't say Keller was better.

Keller plays more like someone picked 30th, Davis doesn't play like someone taken 6th.

Of course you'll whine how you're right. As you would if I posted that the sky is blue.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Vernon Davis hasn't lived up to his hype coming out of college. Dustin Keller on the other hand? He's not only lived up to his potential, but he's continued to improved each and every season. Coming off a career year heading into his 5th season.

You can actually combine all TE's and WR's selected during the 2008 NFL draft, regardless of which round(s), and Dustin Keller ranks top 5 from that draft class. Production wise.

[B]Vernon Davis is heading into his 7th season in the league, he's getting paid 7.4 million dollars per year[/B] and only put up 67 receptions, 792 receiving yards, 11.8 yards per reception, 33 first down receptions, 6 TD's/3 Fumble(s).

[B]Dustin Keller is heading into his 5th season in the league, he's getting paid 2.4 million dollars per year [/B]and also put up 65 receptions, 815 receiving yards, 12.5 yards per reception, 39 first down receptions, 5 TD/s/1 Fumble.

I would say the Jets have the much better value TE in Keller when compared to Vernon Davis. Production wise that is.

How quickly some of you Jet fans forget when talking about "replacing" Keller with Fassano, that Keller has been exactly what the Jets were hoping for (the #1 pass catching TE talent coming out of 2008's draft class). He's ended an awful run of first round busts that included Anthony "stone hands" Becht, Kyle Brady and the trade of a first rounder for Doug freakin' Jolley. Keller led the Jets in receiving last season with 65 catches for 815 yards and 5 touchdowns. Those are, by far, the best numbers a Jets tight end has put up in years. He's also developed a rapport with Mark Sanchez over the past 3 years (improving upon production each of his first 3 years with Sanchez under center). And you mean to tell me, that you're ready to "replace" a pass catching TE talent such as Keller... For Fassano? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502316]Thank you. Vernon Davis hasn't lived up to his hype coming out of college. Dustin Keller on the other hand? He's not only lived up to his potential, but he's continued to improved each and every season. Coming off a career year heading into his 5th season.

You can actually combine all TE's and WR's selected during the 2008 NFL draft, regardless of which round(s), and Dustin Keller ranks top 5 from that draft class. Production wise.

[B]Vernon Davis is heading into his 7th season in the league, he's getting paid 7.4 million dollars per year[/B] and only put up 67 receptions, 792 receiving yards, 11.8 yards per reception, 33 first down receptions, 6 TD's/3 Fumble(s).

[B]Dustin Keller is heading into his 5th season in the league, he's getting paid 2.4 million dollars per year [/B]and also put up 65 receptions, 815 receiving yards, 12.5 yards per reception, 39 first down receptions, 5 TD/s/1 Fumble.

I would say the Jets have the much better value TE in Keller when compared to Vernon Davis. Production wise that is.

How quickly some of you Jet fans forget when talking about "replacing" Keller with Fassano, that Keller has been exactly what the Jets were hoping for (the #1 pass catching TE talent coming out of 2008's draft class). He's ended an awful run of first round busts that included Anthony "stone hands" Becht, Kyle Brady and the trade of a first rounder for Doug freakin' Jolley. Keller led the Jets in receiving last season with 65 catches for 815 yards and 5 touchdowns. Those are, by far, the best numbers a Jets tight end has put up in years. He's also developed a rapport with Mark Sanchez over the past 3 years (improving upon production each of his first 3 years with Sanchez under center). And you mean to tell me, that you're ready to "replace" a pass catching TE talent such as Keller... For Fassano? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thats why I mentioned where they were drafted. Trolls and SOJFs would automatically tell us that Keller sucks.

Throw in money as a high pick and it become more interesting.

Though you have to realize that the guys who whine incessantly about even the smallest amount of money only do it over players that they don't like or don't have a clue about.

You'll see soon enough.:yes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4502331]Thats why I mentioned where they were drafted. Trolls and SOJFs would automatically tell us that Keller sucks.

Throw in money as a high pick and it become more interesting.

Though you have to realize that the guys who whine incessantly about even the smallest amount of money only do it over players that they don't like or don't have a clue about.

You'll see soon enough.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's nice to see we're on the same page. Not only has Dustin Keller competed (production wise) with the likes of "elite" pass catching TE's such as Vernon Davis over the years, but he's also improved each of his 3 years working with Sanchez under center. Keller's actually Mark's favorite target. Kid is coming off a career year, and now that we've replaced an awful offensive coordinator in Shotty Jr (with Sparano), I fully expect to see Keller feast this up coming season.

Also, for the Dustin Keller critics around here, I have a simple question for you; who's the last Jets TE that we've had, that's actually put up better production on the football field when compared to Dustin Keller's 4 year career thus far? I'll be waiting... :D

Bewildered Beast
    I dunno; I have this strange desire to go and hug Dustin Keller. :scratch:

:dunno:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502248]I don't see how "average" DOES NOT = "average stats" because you are measured on the specifics of your performance; ie what happened to the team because of your contribution.

My dear, dear friend acepepe would say that this here is a turble example of "semantics, my man".

Turble. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Sorry if english is your second language. Can someone translate this for him? I tried to explain it as clearly as I could.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500356]What's the market value for an inconsistent TE who can't block?[/QUOTE]

Tx, I sometimes find you humorous, but you're starting to remind me of a gnat that just won't go away.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4502350]Sorry if english is your second language. Can someone translate this for him? I tried to explain it as clearly as I could.[/QUOTE]

So you would pay more for a guy with average stats? "He's in the wrong system", that type of thing?

You'd have to have a pretty special skill set (like J Vilma) to be thought of in this way.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502852]So you would pay more for a guy with average stats? "He's in the wrong system", that type of thing?

You'd have to have a pretty special skill set (like J Vilma) to be thought of in this way.[/QUOTE]

Honest questions; are you saying that Vernon Davis' stats are elite or average? Also, would you consider Dustin Keller's stats elite or average? Last but not least, who would you say the best Jets pass catching TE was prior to Dustin Keller arriving?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502889]Honest questions; are you saying that Vernon Davis' stats are elite or average? Also, would you consider Dustin Keller's stats elite or average? Last but not least, who would you say the best Jets pass catching TE was prior to Dustin Keller arriving?[/QUOTE]

1) You demonstrated that the stats seem close for Davis and keller. I don't know how to really make further sense of that
    2) IDK about Keller being elite; I watched Kellen Winslow and John mackey. Those guys were like GOnzales.
    3) I liked Sure Hands Shuler, and I had enormous hopes for Johnny Mitchell. Barkum was good!

dude says that he would pay more for a "average stats"guy than he would pay for an "average" guy and I say that is pretty confusing. :)
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-28-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO, I don't think JAG's even rise to the level of "average."

To me, Eric Smith is "average." Garrett McIntyre is JAG.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502889]Honest questions; are you saying that Vernon Davis' stats are elite or average? Also, would you consider Dustin Keller's stats elite or average? Last but not least, who would you say the best Jets pass catching TE was prior to Dustin Keller arriving?[/QUOTE]

Stats cannot be elite.

Only players can be elite.

There is a difference. But you will not understand this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502344]I dunno; I have this strange desire to go and hug Dustin Keller. :scratch:
    [/QUOTE]

That's what living in San Francisco to long does to you..:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2®;4503623] [B]Stats cannot be elite[/B].

Only players can be elite.

There is a difference. But you will not understand this.[/QUOTE]

They can be when DWC writes them..:P