Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Value of Anthony Fasano

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller is a good TE

No, he isn't as good as Davis, but that doesn't make him a JAG either, he's a lot more than that.

Keller has improved his blocking as well.

It's a big year for him, a big year will get him an extension, I can see him having a big role in Sparano's offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501920]If you asked 32 GM's who they would rather have, Vernon Davis or Dustin Keller, all 32 would take Davis, including Tanny. [/quote]

True, I don't think anyone other than Statz is arguing otherwise.

But that's like pointing out that every team would rather have Calvin Johnson that Dwayne Bowe.

Of course they would -- he's a freak with unparalelled athleticism. Doesn't mean that Dwayne Bowe isn't a quality receiver many teams would like to have.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4501937]True, I don't think anyone other than Statz is arguing otherwise.

But that's like pointing out that every team would rather have Calvin Johnson that Dwayne Bowe.

Of course they would -- he's a freak with unparalelled athleticism. Doesn't mean that Dwayne Bowe isn't a quality receiver many teams would like to have.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you.

Keller is a good TE.

But comparing him to Vernon Davis is like comparing one of SAR's Rolex's to one of FF2's Timex's.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501967]I totally agree with you.

[B]Keller is a good TE.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

What a trolling tool you've become.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501967]You are really trying to compare a [B]JAG [/B]TE like Dustin Keller to an elite TE like Vernon Davis? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501967]Dude, don't you have some rain water to push away down there in FLA?

Veron Davis is an elite TE in the NFL.

Dustin Keller is[B] barely a friggn' JAG.[/B] [/QUOTE]

You're a liar and a little troll. That's all your worth is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502061]What a trolling tool you've become.

You're a liar and a little troll. That's all your worth is.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Somebody had to say it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4502077]+1.

Somebody had to say it.[/QUOTE]

You're just jealous cause you lost at the polls

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502061]What a trolling tool you've become.

You're a liar and a little troll. That's all your worth is.[/QUOTE]

How is that?

JAG's can be decent to good players. The majority of NFL players are JAGs.

You are trying to compare a JAG TE (Keller) to an elite TE (Davis) and you are, as usual, wrong.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502090]How is that?

You are trying to compare a JAG TE (Keller) to an elite TE (Davis) and you are, as usual, wrong.[/QUOTE]

Statz® owned you Gramps. It's almost 3:00, go have your tapioca.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502090]How is that?

You are trying to compare a JAG TE (Keller) to an elite TE (Davis) and you are, as usual, wrong.[/QUOTE]

So now in your language JAG ~ Good. Fail

I know better than to argue with you, but I've nothing better to do. Both of these players had average stats, but neither is anywhere near an average guy which is what a jag is. There aren't 10 guys in the NFL like these guys. Davis is no where near elite btw. He can be, but he's not, just like Keller isn't great but can be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4502105]So now in your language JAG ~ Good. Fail

I know better than to argue with you, but I've nothing better to do. Both of these players had average stats, but neither is anywhere near an average guy which is what a jag is. There aren't 10 guys in the NFL like these guys. Davis is no where near elite btw. He can be, but he's not, just like Keller isn't great but can be.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Well said. For someone such as PatsFanTx, who's been around the game of football for "so long", it's kind of funny/shocking that he still doesn't understand what the term "JAG" means. :eek:

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502112]Exactly. Well said. For someone such as PatsFanTx, who's been around the game of football for "so long", it's kind of funny/shocking that he still doesn't understand what the term "JAG" means. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Where is Keller ranked out of 32 starting TE's?

If he's below #12, that's a JAG. TX says many starters are JAG; JAG that can start an NFL game. It's relative.

Go easy on the insults please; I have to work harder when you (and others) don't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501967]I totally agree with you.

Keller is a good TE.

But comparing him to Vernon Davis is like comparing one of SAR's Rolex's to one of FF2's Timex's.[/QUOTE]

Haha ... clever.

A fake Rolex to a real Timex.

Had to read that a second time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hate the offseason.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody tried to compare Keller to Vernon Davis? Really?

Vernon Davis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keller

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502147]Where is Keller ranked out of 32 starting TE's?

If he's below #12, that's a JAG. TX says many starters are JAG; JAG that can start an NFL game. It's relative.

Go easy on the insults please; I have to work harder when you (and others) don't.[/QUOTE]

No sorry. A jag is someone that is average, not someone that has average stats. Anyone that has a special skill set is by definition not "just another guy", even if they happen to have average stats. Besides that, teams carry 2 or 3 TEs so average, would be somewhere around #45. Better than Tex did, but still not a winner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4502155]Somebody tried to compare Keller to Vernon Davis? Really?

Vernon Davis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keller[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the discussion. Thank you for your insight.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4502155]Somebody tried to compare Keller to Vernon Davis? Really?

Vernon Davis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keller[/QUOTE]

It's comical.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502147]Where is Keller ranked out of 32 starting TE's?[/QUOTE]

In regards to pass catching talents/production; he's top 10.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502147] If he's below #12, that's a JAG. TX says many starters are JAG; JAG that can start an NFL game. It's relative.[/QUOTE]

You know as well I as do, that by PatsFanTx calling Jet players out as being "JAGS" it's only another form/his way of trolling. But to answer your question WCO, no, Keller doesn't rank below 12th. So I guess it's safe to say he's not a "JAG".

Not only has Dustin Keller improved (production wise) each of his first 3 seasons with Sanchez under Center, but last season Keller ranked (amongst TE's) 6th in receiving yards (60 receiving yards behind Gonzalez for 5th and 4 receiving yards ahead of Brent Celek who finished 7th, also ranked 9th in receptions (1 reception ahead of Gates/2 receptions behind Vernon Davis) and 9th in 1st down receptions. He also ranked 12th in receiving TD's amongst TD's. You look at his 5 TD's and say damn, he's pretty low on the list (at 12). But when you consider the fact that Jermichael Finley ranked 3rd in receiving TD's, with only 8... You'll see that Keller's 5 TD recpetions are right up there with players such as Gates (7), Gonzalez (7), Vernon Davis (6) etc, etc.

He's a top 10 pass catching TE without question. Maybe even top 7.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502147]Go easy on the insults please; I have to work harder when you (and others) don't.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-27-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4502164]No sorry. A jag is someone that is average, not someone that has average stats. Anyone that has a special skill set is by definition not "just another guy", even if they happen to have average stats. Besides that, teams carry 2 or 3 TEs so average, would be somewhere around #45. Better than Tex did, but still not a winner.[/QUOTE]
    I don't see how "average" DOES NOT = "average stats" because you are measured on the specifics of your performance; ie what happened to the team because of your contribution.

My dear, dear friend acepepe would say that this here is a turble example of "semantics, my man".

[QUOTE]A jag is someone that is average, not someone that has average stats. [/QUOTE]

Turble. :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4501912]Where they were drafted is irrelevant at this point. Maybe never relevant.

I mean, I don't need to remind you where Gholston was drafted.

The bottom line is, Davis is an athletic and talented beast at the TE position.

He more than anyone else was probably the reason the Niners beat the Saints in the playoffs last year. He was remarkable in that game.

I [U]wish[/U] Keller was that talented.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Of course it does.

I didn't say Keller was better.

Keller plays more like someone picked 30th, Davis doesn't play like someone taken 6th.

Of course you'll whine how you're right. As you would if I posted that the sky is blue.