Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Value of Anthony Fasano

[QUOTE=Tackleem;4500464]How about Keller for Fasano + a third?[/QUOTE]

Phins have Clay and Engew,no need for Keller

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500691]Nothing useless about comparing A.) Keller's first 4 years to Vernon's first 4 years.

Nothing useless about comparing B.) Keller's career numbers to Vernon's first 4 years.

Nothing useless about comparing C.) Kellers 2011 numbers to Vernon's 2011 season.

It's only useless (to you) because you can't argue the facts, that Keller has ranked right up there with Davis over the years.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

Even Jets fans are sick of your stat $hit.

You are really trying to compare a JAG TE like Dustin Keller to an elite TE like Vernon Davis? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500513]Negative. You can find blocking TE's during later rounds of the draft, or even during free agency, but you never trade a dynamic pass catching TE threat in Dustin Keller, for a player such as Fasano... A run blocking TE who has a career high of only 39 receptions for 528 yards. That's his career high.

Dustin Keller has the overall speed, size and catching ability to cause problems for just about any opposing defense. He's also been our most productive offensive (skilled position) player since the drafting of Mark Sanchez. A pass catching TE has always been a young developing quarterbacks best friend, Keller has been huge for Sanchez over the years, and we're talking about trading away the most productive Jets pass catching TE in franchise history? Not a chance.

In 09 Keller ranked (amongst Jet players) 2nd in targets, 3rd in receiving yards, 3rd in receiving TD's and 2nd in 1st down receptions. In 2010 Keller ranked 2nd in targets, 3rd in receiving yards, 3rd in TD's and 3rd in first down receptions and last year? Keller ranked 1st in targets, 1st in receiving yards, 3rd in TD's and 1st in first down receptions. He's also ranked 3rd, 2nd and 1st each of the past 3 seasons in regards to plays of 20+ yards. Last but not least, Keller has ranked 2nd, 2nd, and 2nd in regards to yards after catch each of the past 3 seasons.

But yet, we're seeing fans talking about getting rid of a pass catching TE in which has been our most productive offensive (skilled) position player since the drafting of Sanchez. and also coming off a career year? Keller was ranked as the Nation's number one pass catching TE coming out of college back in 2008, and he's since lived up to that hype. He's improved his production each of the past 3 seasons despite the fact that he's played under an awful offensive coordinator along with a raw/developing quarterback in Sanchez. This kid gives Sanchez and our offense a matchup advantage each and every Sunday.

If Dustin Keller, at the age of only 27, has another strong season here in 2012? He'll be signed to a 3-5 year deal in no time. He's not going anywhere. Since the drafting of Sanchez, Keller's production has gone up each of his 3 years developing with Sanchez. Keller produced 45 receptions, 522 receiving yards, 27 first down receptions and 2 TD's in 2009. Keller produced 55 receptions, 687 yards, 33 first down receptions and 5 TD's during the 2010 season and last year? He's coming off a career high, putting up 65 receptions, 815 receiving yards, 39 first down receptions and 5 TD's.

If Dustin Keller continues to improve his overall chemistry with Mark Sanchez, while continuing to improve (production wise) as he's done each of the past three seasons? Then, we're looking at an 80 reception, 1,000 yard, 5-8 TD's type of pass catching TE. Sanchez needs impact players on the offensive end of the ball, and we're talking about trading away a prime Dustin Keller? Makes no sense to me.

In closing, can anyone find me 2 Jet TE's that had career averages that could beat 53.25 receptions, 639.75 receiving yards, 3.75 TD's and 32.75 first down receptions per season? Correct me if I'm wrong, but statistically speaking, Dustin Keller has been one of (if not the most) productive pass catching TE this franchise has ever had.

I pray he signed long-term before seasons end. He's improved each of the past three seasons, and he's done this with a raw/developing quarterback in Mark Sanchez. He's a keeper without question.[/QUOTE]

After signing so many core players I really believe Keller is the man they let walk
    Last edited by auctionking; 06-25-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: more to add

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500513]Negative. You can find blocking TE's during later rounds of the draft, or even during free agency, but you never trade a dynamic pass catching TE threat in Dustin Keller, for a player such as Fasano... A run blocking TE who has a career high of only 39 receptions for 528 yards. That's his career high.

Dustin Keller has the overall speed, size and catching ability to cause problems for just about any opposing defense. He's also been our most productive offensive (skilled position) player since the drafting of Mark Sanchez. A pass catching TE has always been a young developing quarterbacks best friend, Keller has been huge for Sanchez over the years, and we're talking about trading away the most productive Jets pass catching TE in franchise history? Not a chance.

In 09 Keller ranked (amongst Jet players) 2nd in targets, 3rd in receiving yards, 3rd in receiving TD's and 2nd in 1st down receptions. In 2010 Keller ranked 2nd in targets, 3rd in receiving yards, 3rd in TD's and 3rd in first down receptions and last year? Keller ranked 1st in targets, 1st in receiving yards, 3rd in TD's and 1st in first down receptions. He's also ranked 3rd, 2nd and 1st each of the past 3 seasons in regards to plays of 20+ yards. Last but not least, Keller has ranked 2nd, 2nd, and 2nd in regards to yards after catch each of the past 3 seasons.

But yet, we're seeing fans talking about getting rid of a pass catching TE in which has been our most productive offensive (skilled) position player since the drafting of Sanchez. and also coming off a career year? Keller was ranked as the Nation's number one pass catching TE coming out of college back in 2008, and he's since lived up to that hype. He's improved his production each of the past 3 seasons despite the fact that he's played under an awful offensive coordinator along with a raw/developing quarterback in Sanchez. This kid gives Sanchez and our offense a matchup advantage each and every Sunday.

If Dustin Keller, at the age of only 27, has another strong season here in 2012? He'll be signed to a 3-5 year deal in no time. He's not going anywhere. Since the drafting of Sanchez, Keller's production has gone up each of his 3 years developing with Sanchez. Keller produced 45 receptions, 522 receiving yards, 27 first down receptions and 2 TD's in 2009. Keller produced 55 receptions, 687 yards, 33 first down receptions and 5 TD's during the 2010 season and last year? He's coming off a career high, putting up 65 receptions, 815 receiving yards, 39 first down receptions and 5 TD's.

If Dustin Keller continues to improve his overall chemistry with Mark Sanchez, while continuing to improve (production wise) as he's done each of the past three seasons? Then, we're looking at an 80 reception, 1,000 yard, 5-8 TD's type of pass catching TE. Sanchez needs impact players on the offensive end of the ball, and we're talking about trading away a prime Dustin Keller? Makes no sense to me.

In closing, can anyone find me 2 Jet TE's that had career averages that could beat 53.25 receptions, 639.75 receiving yards, 3.75 TD's and 32.75 first down receptions per season? Correct me if I'm wrong, but statistically speaking, Dustin Keller has been one of (if not the most) productive pass catching TE this franchise has ever had.

I pray he signed long-term before seasons end. He's improved each of the past three seasons, and he's done this with a raw/developing quarterback in Mark Sanchez. He's a keeper without question.[/QUOTE]

Bro, you really should make your next screenname TLDR. ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500697]Even Jets fans are sick of your stat $hit.

You are really trying to compare a JAG TE like Dustin Keller to an elite TE like Vernon Davis? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Seems like you're getting mad/upset/angry/frustrated with the truth.

Davis has a career average of 50.6 receptions, 633.3 receiving yards, 12.5 yards per reception, 26.8 first down receptions and 5.8 TD's per season.

Keller has a career average of 53.25 receptions, 639.7 receiving yards, 12.1 yards per reception, 32.7 first down receptions and 3.75 TD's per season.

If Davis is so much more of an "elite TE" when compared to Keller, and Keller is so much of a "JAG" when compared to Davis, then please explain why...Keller has averaged 2.65 more receptions per season, 6.4 more receiving yards per season, 5.9 more first down receptions per season when compared to Davis, but yet, only .04 of a yard less in average yards per catch and only 2.05 TDs less than Davis per season over their respected 4 (Keller) and 6 (Davis) year careers.

Shouldn't the difference be much greater in regards to an elite talent vs a JAG bum? I mean, it's not like Keller hasn't averaged more receptions, more receiving yards, more first down receptions with just about the same exact yards per catch averages over the years... :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://cincinnatiredlegs.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/kid-head-slap.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500722]Seems like you're getting mad/upset/angry/frustrated with the truth.

Davis has a career average of 50.6 receptions, 633.3 receiving yards, 12.5 yards per reception, 26.8 first down receptions and 5.8 TD's per season.

Keller has a career average of 53.25 receptions, 639.7 receiving yards, 12.1 yards per reception, 32.7 first down receptions and 3.75 TD's per season.

If Davis is so much more of an "elite TE" when compared to Keller, and Keller is so much of a "JAG" when compared to Davis, then please explain why...Keller has averaged 2.65 more receptions per season, 6.4 more receiving yards per season, 5.9 more first down receptions per season when compared to Davis, but yet, only .04 of a yard less in average yards per catch and only 2.05 TDs less than Davis per season over their respected 4 (Keller) and 6 (Davis) year careers.

Shouldn't the difference be much greater in regards to an elite talent vs a JAG bum? I mean, it's not like Keller hasn't averaged more receptions, more receiving yards, more first down receptions with just about the same exact yards per catch averages over the years... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this will show you how retarded your little stats argument is.

[B]Shonn Greene in 2011:[/B] 253 carries, 1054 yards, 6 TD's, 4.2 AVG

[B]Chris Johnson in 2011:[/B] 262 carries, 1047 yards, 4 TD's, 4.0 AVG

Now, are you going to tell me that Shonn Greene is a more talented, better RB than Chris Johnson?

Knowing you and your total dependency on stats to form an argument, you probably will.

[QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4500491]How about we just wait til camp and see if he gets cut?

I mean it really wouldn't surprise me if he's a cap casualty. According to Jason's website, he has the 7th highest cap value on the team for 2012 ($4.375MM). If they cut him, it saves $3.6MM against the cap and only costs $700K in dead money for the Phins.

If they cut him, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jets at minimum look into Fasano for the reasons mentioned by other posters. The Jets have shown a little bit of interest in beefing up the position: Remember last year they were interested in Todd Heap. If the money is reasonable, I would look into signing him to a two year deal with basically only guaranteed money for the 2012 season. It would allow the Jets to retain his rights for 2013 and serve as excellent leverage if the Keller talks stall (aside: FWIW, I think the Jets should just franchise Keller next year and let him walk in '14).

The concerns:

1) Even if he is cut, he could be out of the Jets price range
    2) Contrary to popular belief on this board, the Dolphins didn't run [I]that[/I] many 2 TE formations

I personally think he'd be a great fit if the money and opportunity is right (meaning he is cut). I've long thought that Keller needed someone to complement him so he can be most efficiently used. They need a run blocking TE but one that is competent enough to catch the damn ball if it's thrown to him (he can trip over his feet after that for all I freakin' care) so that defenses actually acknowledge his presence in the passing game and one who won't be a penalty machine. Mulligan was neither of those. Hartsock was a good blocker and didn't commit a bunch of penalties, but he had zero pass catching ability. I was interested in Kellen Davis this offseason, but he was re-signed by the Bears. I also support the Jets trying to get someone like Daniel Graham, who was recently released and could be signed for a cheap(ish) 1 year deal considering his age.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

I thought of Fasano when Sparano was hired, and before the Jets signed Hayden, at the time, I didn't realize that Fasano wasn't available.

It would be a good fit, but I'm interested to see the kid Hayden, and if Cumberland can bounce back.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500697]Even Jets fans are sick of your stat $hit.

You are really trying to compare a JAG TE like Dustin Keller to an elite TE like Vernon Davis? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

STFU troll, nobody gives a **** what you think.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4500728]Hopefully this will show you how retarded your little stats argument is.
    [/QUOTE]

Nope, you actually just made my point (without knowingly doing so). Thank you. Also, these aren't "my little stats", these are career statistics of both Vernon Davis and Dustin Keller. They can be found on ESPN/NFL.COM etc, etc. I'm not creating these "little stats". These two TE's have created these statistics with their performance/production on the football field.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4500728]
    [B]Shonn Greene in 2011:[/B] 253 carries, 1054 yards, 6 TD's, 4.2 AVG

[B]Chris Johnson in 2011:[/B] 262 carries, 1047 yards, 4 TD's, 4.0 AVG

Now, are you going to tell me that Shonn Greene is a more talented, better RB than Chris Johnson? [/QUOTE] Nope. I'm on the verge of showing you, why Shonn Greene isn't on the same level as a Chris Johnson type of talent (in the same of ways that I've proven that Keller has ranked right up there with the likes of Vernon Davis over the years).

Using 1 season in regards to Greene vs Johnson is a huge difference when compared to 6 career years of Davis being compared to 4 career years to Keller, now isn't it? If Davis is the better talent when compared to Dustin Keller, that's news to me, because he's yet to show it on the football field (production wise).

The fact of the matter is this, Dustin Keller's first 4 years in the league have been much stronger when compared to Vernon's first 4 years in the league. Can you argue that fact? No, you can't. Keller has also improved each of his first three seasons with Sanchez under center. Can you argue that fact? No, you can't. This Keller kid has continued to improve, he's also coming off a career year in which he (yes) out performed Vernon Davis. Can you argue these fact's? No, you can't.

Shonn Greene can not compete/compare with an elite talent such as Chris Johnson. But Dustin Keller? Not only has he competed with the likes of Vernon Davis, but he's also out performed him over the years. Production on the football field doesn't lie.

[B]Chris Johnson has been in the league for 4 years with 5,645 rushing yards, 4.8 yards per carry, 38 rushing TD's, 235 1st down runs to go along with 194 receptions, 1426 receiving yards, 7.4 yards per reception, 4 receiving TD's and 51 first down receptions.

Shonn Greene has been in the league for 3 years with 2,360 rushing yards, 4.3 yards per carry, 10 rushing TD's, 110 1st down runs to go along with 46 receptions, 331 receiving yards, 7.2 yards per reception, 0 receiving TD's and 15 first down receptions.
    [/B]
    Shonn Greene, production wise, can't compete/compare to Chris Johnson. That's not the case with Keller/Davis, now is it?

Chris Johnson has averaged 1,411 rushing yards, 9.5 rushing TD's, 58.75 first down runs, 48.5 receptions, 356.5 receiving yards, 1 receiving TD and 12.75 first down receptions per season.

Shonn Greene has averaged 786.6 rushing yards, 3.3 rushing TD's, 36.6 first down runs, 15.3 receptions, 110.3 receiving yards, 0.0 receiving TD's and 5 first down receptions per season.

So, as you can see... Shonn Greene (regardless of having a better season last year) still can't compete with Chris Johnson, production wise, during the course of their respected careers.

Dustin Keller after 4 years, when compared to Vernon Davis after 6 years? Can Keller compare/compete with Vernon Davis? You bet your ass he can (and he has too). He's actually out performed Vernon Davis in regards to production that's been put up on the football field.

[B]Davis has a career average of 50.6 receptions, 633.3 receiving yards, 12.5 yards per reception, 26.8 first down receptions and 5.8 TD's per season.

Keller has a career average of 53.25 receptions, 639.7 receiving yards, 12.1 yards per reception, 32.7 first down receptions and 3.75 TD's per season.[/B]

See the difference of trying to compare a lesser back in Greene to an elite back in Johnson when compared to comparing two very good TE's in Keller to Davis? Night and day.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-25-2012 at 10:13 PM.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500749]Nope, you actually just made my point (without knowingly doing so). Thank you.

Nope. I'm on the verge of showing you, why Shonn Greene isn't on the same level as a Chris Johnson type of talent.

I'll do the total opposite.

Using 1 season in regards to Greene vs Johnson is a huge difference when compared to 6 career years of Davis being compared to 4 career years to Keller, now isn't it? If Davis is the better talent when compared to Dustin Keller, that's news to me, because he's yet to show it on the football field (production wise).

The fact of the matter is this, Dustin Keller's first 4 years in the league have been much stronger when compared to Vernon's first 4 years in the league. Can you argue that fact? No, you can't. Keller has also improved each of his first three seasons with Sanchez under center. Can you argue that fact? No, you can't. This Keller kid has continued to improve, he's also coming off a career year in which he (yes) out performed Vernon Davis. Can you argue these fact's? No, you can't.

Shonn Greene can not compete/compare with an elite talent such as Chris Johnson. But Dustin Keller? Not only has he competed with the likes of Vernon Gholston, but he's also out performed him over the years. Production on the football field doesn't lie.

Chris Johnson has been in the league for 4 years with 5,645 rushing yards, 4.8 yards per carry, 38 rushing TD's, 235 1st down runs to go along with 194 receptions, 1426 receiving yards, 7.4 yards per reception, 4 receiving TD's and 51 first down receptions.

Shonn Greene has been in the league for 3 years with 2,360 rushing yards, 4.3 yards per carry, 10 rushing TD's, 110 1st down runs to go along with 46 receptions, 331 receiving yards, 7.2 yards per reception, 0 receiving TD's and 15 first down receptions.

Shonn Greene, production wise, can't compete/compare to Chris Johnson. That's not the case with Keller/Davis, now is it?

Chris Johnson has averaged 1,411 rushing yards, 9.5 rushing TD's, 58.75 first down runs, 48.5 receptions, 356.5 receiving yards, 1 receiving TD and 12.75 first down receptions per season.

Shonn Greene has averaged 786.6 rushing yards, 3.3 rushing TD's, 36.6 first down runs, 15.3 receptions, 110.3 receiving yards, 0.0 receiving TD's and 5 first down receptions per season.

So, as you can see... Shonn Greene (regardless of having a better season last year) still can't compete with Chris Johnson, production wise, during the course of their respected careers.

Dustin Keller after 4 years, when compared to Vernon Davis after 6 years? Can Keller compare/compete with Vernon Davis? You bet your ass he can (and he has too). He's actually out performed Vernon Davis in regards to production that's been put up on the football field.

[B]Davis has a career average of 50.6 receptions, 633.3 receiving yards, 12.5 yards per reception, 26.8 first down receptions and 5.8 TD's per season.

Keller has a career average of 53.25 receptions, 639.7 receiving yards, 12.1 yards per reception, 32.7 first down receptions and 3.75 TD's per season.[/B]

See the difference of trying to compare a lesser back in Greene to an elite back in Johnson when compared to comparing two very good TE's in Keller to Davis? Night and day.[/QUOTE]

are you familiar with DYAR and DVOA which are used to rate tight ends?

Banned
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4500752]are you familiar with DYAR and DVOA which are used to rate tight ends?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am.

Lets do DYAR and DVOA year by year when comparing Davis and Keller.

[B]Davis:[/B] As a rookie player in 2006, Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -61 (ranked 43) and a DVOA of -30.4% (ranked 42nd).

[B]Keller:[/B] As a rookie player in 2008, Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 55 (ranked 18th) and a DVOA of 2.3 (21st).

Keller had the much better rookie season.

[B]Davis:[/B] As a 2nd year player in 2007, Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -9 (ranked 32nd) and a DVOA of -8.9% (ranked 32nd).

[B]Keller:[/B] As a 2nd year player in 2009, Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 16 (ranked 29th) and a DVOA of -4.2% (ranked 30th).

Keller had the better 2nd year.

[B]Davis: [/B]As a 3rd year player in 2008, Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -54 (ranked 37th) and a DVOA of -24.6% (ranked 37th).

[B]Keller:[/B] As a 3rd year player in 2010, Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 38 (ranked 27th) and a DVOA of -1.6% (ranked 29th).

Once again, Keller had the much better 3rd year.

[B]Davis:[/B] As a 4th year player in 2009, Vernon Davis had a DYAR of 131 (ranked 14th) and a DVOA of 8.7% (ranked 19th).

[B]Keller:[/B] As a 4th year player in 2011, Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 49 (ranked 25th) and a DVOA of -1.0% (ranked 31st).

Finally, Vernon Davis was able to have a much better 4th season when compared to Keller's 4th season.

These DYAR and DVOA statistics support exactly what I've been saying; that Keller's first 4 years have been much better/more productive when compared to Vernon's first 4 years in the league.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4500752]are you familiar with DYAR and DVOA which are used to rate tight ends?[/QUOTE]

Veron Davis #4

Dustin Keller # 31

But according to DWC, Keller is a better TE than Vernon Davis. :rolleyes:

What's next, Keller is better than Gonk?

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500776]Veron Davis #4

Dustin Keller # 31

What's next, Keller is better than Gonk?[/QUOTE]

During Vernon's first 4 years in the league, he combined for an average DYAR of 7 (average ranking of 31.6) and an average DVOA of -18.5 (average ranking of 32.5).

During Keller's first 4 years in the league, he combined for an average DYAR of 39.5 (average ranking of 24.75) and an average DVOA of -1.1 (average ranking of 27.7).

Now thinking about it, when not only judging pure stats/production but when also using DYAR and DVOA? Dustin Keller's first 4 years in the league, have been much better when compared to Vernon's first 4 years in the league...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4500229]
    I'm even ticked off at the Bell signing since it means Leonhard won't be coming back. :([/QUOTE]

Really? I thought that was creamy goodness...

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500781]During Vernon's first 4 years in the league, he combined for an average DYAR of 7 (average ranking of 31.6) and an average DVOA of -18.5 (average ranking of 32.5).

During Keller's first 4 years in the league, he combined for an average DYAR of 39.5 (average ranking of 24.75) and an average DVOA of -1.1 (average ranking of 27.7).

Now thinking about it, when not only judging pure stats/production but when also using DYAR and DVOA? Dustin Keller's first 4 years in the league, have been much better when compared to Vernon's first 4 years in the league...[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't you have some rain water to push away down there in FLA?

Veron Davis is an elite TE in the NFL.

Dustin Keller is barely a friggn' JAG.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500776]Veron Davis #4

Dustin Keller # 31

What's next, Keller is better than Gonk?[/QUOTE]

You're wrong cherry lips. You were just looking at Fred Davis numbers, not Vernon Davis. Too funny. And not even Fred Davis ranked 4th; Tony Gonzalez did.

Last year Vernon Davis was 20th in DYAR and 23rd in DVOA.

Last year Dustin Keller was 25th in DYAR and 31st in DVOA.

Also, on a side note... That was Vernon's 6th season compared to only Keller's 4th season. If Keller had another two years of experience, he would have performed much better than VERNON Davis ala 20th and 23rd in DYAR and DVOA.

To make a long story short, regardless of whether or not you use overall stats (production) or DYAR and DVOA... Keller's first 4 years in the league have been much better than Vernon's first 4 years in the league. There's no question about it. You can't deny it. Dustin Keller is off to a better/more productive career after 4 years when compared to the first 4 years of Vernon Davis. That stats have shown it. The production have shown it. DYAR and DVOA have shown it, and last but not least... I've just posted it.

I'm still laughing my ass off, how you thought Vernon Davis was Fred Davis :eek:

[url]http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te[/url]

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500787]

Veron Davis is an elite TE in the NFL.

Dustin Keller is barely a friggn' JAG.[/QUOTE]

So, you're pretty much saying that Vernon Davis was even more of a JAG when compared to Dustin Keller heading into his 5th season?

[B]Davis: As a rookie player in 2006[/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -61 (ranked 43) and a DVOA of -30.4% (ranked 42nd).

[B]Keller: As a rookie player in 2008[/B], Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 55 (ranked 18th) and a DVOA of 2.3 (ranked 21st).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Davis[/COLOR]: [COLOR="Green"][COLOR="Green"]As a 2nd year player in 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -9 (ranked 32nd) and a DVOA of -8.9% (ranked 32nd).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Keller: As a 2nd year player in 2010[/COLOR][/B], Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 16 (ranked 29th) and a DVOA of -4.2% (ranked 30th).

[B]Davis: As a 3rd year player in 2008[/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -54 (ranked 37th) and a DVOA of -24.6% (ranked 37th).

[B]Keller: As a 3rd year player in 2010,[/B] Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 38 (ranked 27th) and a DVOA of -1.6% (ranked 29th).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Davis: As a 4th year player in 2009[/COLOR][/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of 131 (ranked 14th) and a DVOA of 8.7% (ranked 19th).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Keller: As a 4th year player in 2011[/COLOR][/B], Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 49 (ranked 25th) and a DVOA of -1.0% (ranked 31st).

[B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][CENTER]And the winner is...[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][CENTER][FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]DUSTIN KELLER[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]

[B]During Vernon's first 4 years in the league[/B], he combined for an average DYAR of 7 (average ranking of 31.6) and an average DVOA of -18.5 (average ranking of 32.5).

[B]During Keller's first 4 years in the league[/B], he combined for an average DYAR of 39.5 (average ranking of 24.75) and an average DVOA of -1.1 (average ranking of 27.7).
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-25-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4500797]So, you're pretty much saying that Vernon Davis was even more of a JAG when compared to Dustin Keller heading into his 5th season?

[B]Davis: As a rookie player in 2006[/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -61 (ranked 43) and a DVOA of -30.4% (ranked 42nd).

[B]Keller: As a rookie player in 2008[/B], Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 55 (ranked 18th) and a DVOA of 2.3 (ranked 21st).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Davis[/COLOR]: [COLOR="Green"][COLOR="Green"]As a 2nd year player in 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -9 (ranked 32nd) and a DVOA of -8.9% (ranked 32nd).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Keller: As a 2nd year player in 2010[/COLOR][/B], Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 16 (ranked 29th) and a DVOA of -4.2% (ranked 30th).

[B]Davis: As a 3rd year player in 2008[/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of -54 (ranked 37th) and a DVOA of -24.6% (ranked 37th).

[B]Keller: As a 3rd year player in 2010,[/B] Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 38 (ranked 27th) and a DVOA of -1.6% (ranked 29th).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Davis: As a 4th year player in 2009[/COLOR][/B], Vernon Davis had a DYAR of 131 (ranked 14th) and a DVOA of 8.7% (ranked 19th).

[B][COLOR="Green"]Keller: As a 4th year player in 2011[/COLOR][/B], Dustin Keller had a DYAR of 49 (ranked 25th) and a DVOA of -1.0% (ranked 31st).

[B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][CENTER]And the winner is...[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][CENTER][FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]DUSTIN KELLER[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]

[B]During Vernon's first 4 years in the league[/B], he combined for an average DYAR of 7 (average ranking of 31.6) and an average DVOA of -18.5 (average ranking of 32.5).

[B]During Keller's first 4 years in the league[/B], he combined for an average DYAR of 39.5 (average ranking of 24.75) and an average DVOA of -1.1 (average ranking of 27.7).[/QUOTE]

How many teams in the NFL would take Dustin Keller over Vernon Davis?

The answer is zero, including the Jets.

If Keller is so good in your eyes, why haven't the Jets extended him? :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500838]How many teams in the NFL would take Dustin Keller over Vernon Davis?

The answer is zero, including the Jets.

If Keller is so good in your eyes, why haven't the Jets extended him? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Who's to say that the Jets aren't considering extending Dustin Keller's contract before his contract expires next offseason? Maybe we're hoping he has a monster season during his contract year.

Regardless of what you say PatsFanTx, you can't deny the fact that Keller's first 4 seasons in the league have been more productive when compared to Vernon's first 4 seasons. In short, Dustin Keller is on the right track.

First 4 years from Vernon Davis: 181 receptions, 2,097 receiving yards, 11.5 yards per reception, 93 first down receptions, 22 TD's and 4 fumbles.

First 4 years from Dustin Keller: 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per reception, 131 first down receptions, 15 TD's and 2 fumbles.

These statistics above, only goes to show why Keller's DYAR and DVOA numbers/rankings are better heading into his 5th season (this up coming season) when compared to Vernon Davis heading into his 5th season (2011).

During Vernon's first 4 years in the league, he combined for an average DYAR of 7 (average ranking of 31.6) and an average DVOA of -18.5 (average ranking of 32.5).

It's a no contest.

[B]Last year:[/B]

Vernon Davis: 67 receptions, 792 receiving yards, 11.8 yards per reception, 33 first down receptions, 6 TD's, 3 fumble(s).

Dustin Keller: 64 receptions, 815 receiving yards, 12.5 yards per reception, 39 first down receptions, 5 TD's, 1 fumble.

If Vernon Davis is the "better player", one thing is for sure; it's most definitely not showing/translating onto the football field in regards to overall production/statistics.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-26-2012 at 12:28 AM.