Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Value of Anthony Fasano

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4501553]Possibly.[/QUOTE]

Give me 10 examples or I am right.

Banned
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4501543]So your saying you think Keller is better than Davis?[/QUOTE]

Can't even talk football with you. I tried, it's impossible. You're nothing more than a pathetic little troll who gets a kick out of trolling a Jets fan base with 24/7 negativity in regards to anything positive and/or any fan believing in their team that we've loved since childhood days. Not a personal attack if it's the truth, and you my friend; are a pathetic little troll. Enjoy quoting my post's each and every chance you get, I won't "ignore you", but I'm done replying/responding to you.

You win. Vernon Davis has been 1000x more productive when compared to a jag/bum/scrub/loser of a pass catching TE in Dustin Keller.

Happy? Now enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that your ass-hole trollish personality has forced another Jets fan into refusing future football conversation with a troll such as yourself. You have/show no knowledge of the game (it's in your post-count/history) and you're not here to talk football at all. Enjoy taking a crap on the Jets fan base, while I continue to enjoy the up coming season with my fellow fan base. That's the difference between me and you. I'm a Jets fan on a Jets message board/fan site. You on the other hand? You're nothing more than a little Patriots troll, trolling a Jets fan base. Your mother must be proud of the son she's raised in life.

Take care.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-26-2012 at 10:42 PM.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4501556]Give me 10 examples or I am right.[/QUOTE]

Finally... This whole time I've been wondering how I could get you to vote for Mittens in November...

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501558]Can't even talk football with you. I tried, it's impossible. You're nothing more than a pathetic little troll who gets a kick out of trolling a Jets fan base with 24/7 negativity in regards to anything positive and/or any fan believing in their team that we've loved since childhood days. Not a personal attack if it's the truth, you my friend; are a pathetic little troll. Enjoy quoting my post's each and every chance you get, I won't "ignore you", but I'm done replying/responding to you.

You win. Vernon Davis has been 1000x more productive when compared to a jag/bum/scrub/loser of a pass catching TE in Dustin Keller.

Happy? Now enjoy the satisfaction of knowing your ass-hole trollish personality has forced another Jets fan into refusing future football conversation with a troll such as yourself. You have/show no knowledge of the game (it's in your post-count/history) and you're not here to talk football at all. Enjoy taking a crap on the Jets fan base, while I continue to enjoy the up coming season with my fellow fan base. That's the difference between me and you. I'm a Jets fan on a Jets message fan site. You're Patriots troll, trolling a Jets fan base. Your mother must be proud of the son she's raised in life.

Take care.[/QUOTE]

so Davis or Keller? I'm still not sure how you feel.

Banned
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4501545]Talent wise? Certainly not... Comparable thus far? Absolutely. Both disappear for entire games...[/QUOTE]

I respect the fact that you, as a football fan, can also see they're comparable in regards to production on the football field. But AlwaysGreen, why does Keller seem to disappear at times? Was it because of Shotty's play calling? Sanchez developing? Sanchez struggles? I'm honestly not sure myself, but all I know is this, he's improved each of his first 3 seasons (production wise) with Sanchez under center and he's also been our most consistent offensive player over the past 3 seasons. The kid is coming off a career year, I think we'll see him feast during his contract year (which is why I believe our coaching staff has waited on an extension, to first see him feast during his contract year).

Of course you can't play the "what if" game on an NFL level, but what type of production would Keller put up with Tom Brady as his quarterback? Drew Brees as a quarterback? Peyton Manning as a quarterback? Would he still disappear for stretches at a time? And if Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham and Dallas Clark were developing with a younger quarterback such as Sanchez, what type of production would they put up? The same types of production that they've put up with Brady, Brees and Manning or would they also ala Keller, disappear from time to time? I guess these are questions that we have no answer for, but they are valid questions.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501568]I respect the fact that you, as a football fan, can also see they're comparable in regards to production on the football field. But AlwaysGreen, why does Keller seem to disappear at times? Was it because of Shotty's play calling? Sanchez developing? Sanchez struggles? I'm honestly not sure myself, but all I know is this, he's improved each of his first 3 seasons (production wise) with Sanchez under center and he's also been our most consistent offensive player over the past 3 seasons. The kid is coming off a career year, I think we'll see him feast during his contract year (which is why I believe our coaching staff has waited on an extension, to first see him feast during his contract year).

Of course you can't play the "what if" game on an NFL level, but what type of production would Keller put up with Tom Brady as his quarterback? Drew Brees as a quarterback? Peyton Manning as a quarterback? Would he still disappear for stretches at a time? And if Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham and Dallas Clark were developing with a younger quarterback such as Sanchez, what type of production would they put up? The same types of production that they've put up with Brady, Brees and Manning or would they also ala Keller, disappear from time to time? I guess these are questions that we have no answer for, but they are valid questions.[/QUOTE]

you can make the same arguments or Vernon Davis disappearing. poor QB play, poor coaching etc...Bottom line is Vernon Davis has shown the ability to take over a game, Dustin Keller has not...

Vernon Davis > Dustin Keller

Not to knock Dustin, because I think he has progressed nicely and I believe we will see his true upside this year, but Vernon is a more talented overall player.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4501574]you can make the same arguments or Vernon Davis disappearing. poor QB play, poor coaching etc...Bottom line is Vernon Davis has shown the ability to take over a game, Dustin Keller has not...

Not to knock Dustin, because I think he has progressed nicely and I believe we will see his true upside this year, but Vernon is a more talented overall player.[/QUOTE]

This guy gets it.

[QUOTE=sg3;4500879]We need to wait and see one season.. a season in which I think the JET OFFENSE in it's entirety, freed from the yoke of the predictable and in most games downright awful game planning of Schottenheimer will have a BREAKOUT SEASON

including Keller

I do think that Fasano is a pretty good pass catching TE who has made some very good clutch TD and other receptions for the Dolphins while having to deal mostly with Chad Henne throwing the ball..... which is only a few small steps better than the agony and horror that Bronco receivers have had to go through with Saint Timmy "throwing" the football[/QUOTE]
    Sign Fasano next year when he becomes a free agent. Keller should be productive this year. Plus Cumberland's back, if fully healed he's a real handful to stop in open space

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501558] Your mother must be proud of the son she's raised in life.[/QUOTE]

Dude. Seriously? My mother is dead.

But before she passed she did tell me that she was glad I never embarrassed her like this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJkYiAshW8s[/url]

All Pro
    For the record, saying Vernon Davis is better than Dustin Keller is not an insult to Keller.

Vernon Davis is a physical freak who was drafted sixth overall. He should be better than Dustin Keller.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501558]Your mother must be proud of the son she's raised in life.

Take care.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2®;4501766]Dude. Seriously? My mother is dead.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you two have this dance before?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Wouldn't mind having the him back home.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Austin;4501805]For the record, saying Vernon Davis is better than Dustin Keller is not an insult to Keller.

Vernon Davis is a physical freak who was drafted sixth overall. He should be better than Dustin Keller.[/QUOTE]

I was going to post something similar. Not saying Vernon is better, but has the potential to be batter. Neither of them have made that step, but Keller would have to be 3 inches taller, or 3 tenths of a second faster to be comparable in potential.

Jets Insider VIP
    93 posts about Anthony Fasano. Even he would think this is pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4500329]Heaven forbid we get players that actually understand playing in our division.

Mercy.[/QUOTE]

Or can stay on the field.

If we follow the fans lead we would field a team of IR All Stars.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4501574]you can make the same arguments or Vernon Davis disappearing. poor QB play, poor coaching etc...Bottom line is Vernon Davis has shown the ability to take over a game, Dustin Keller has not...

Not to knock Dustin, because I think he has progressed nicely and I believe we will see his true upside this year, but Vernon is a more talented overall player.[/QUOTE]

6th overall pick vs the 30th.

Pretty much sums it up, though you could make an easy argument that a 6 overall was way too much for Davis, easier to say that Keller was worth a late 1st. And given their production the Jets should be happy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4501865]6th overall pick vs the 30th.

Pretty much sums it up, though you could make an easy argument that a 6 overall was way too much for Davis, easier to say that Keller was worth a late 1st. And given their production the Jets should be happy.[/QUOTE]
    Where they were drafted is irrelevant at this point. Maybe never relevant.

I mean, I don't need to remind you where Gholston was drafted.

The bottom line is, Davis is an athletic and talented beast at the TE position.

He more than anyone else was probably the reason the Niners beat the Saints in the playoffs last year. He was remarkable in that game.

I [U]wish[/U] Keller was that talented.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4501912]Where they were drafted is irrelevant at this point. Maybe never relevant.

He more than anyone else was probably the reason the Niners beat the Saints in the playoffs last year. He was remarkable in that game.

I [U]wish[/U] Keller was that talented.[/QUOTE]

If you asked 32 GM's who they would rather have, Vernon Davis or Dustin Keller, all 32 would take Davis, including Tanny.

There is a reason why Keller is the only core player from a few years ago who's contract has not been extended.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4501827]Didn't you two have this dance before?[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

Yet he keeps talking **** about my dead mother?? :mad:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4501912]Where they were drafted is irrelevant at this point. Maybe never relevant.

I [U]wish[/U] Keller was that talented.[/QUOTE]

Where they were drafted is obviously relevant when you're talking about guys on their first contact. Keller was drafted 30th overall, and the expectation was that he'd be an upper echelon TE. He's not there yet, which is one of the reasons the Jets will likely let him walk.

Davis was drafted 6th overall in 2006, then signed the biggest contact in NFL history for a TE in 2010. In theory, he should be a dominant TE, as valuable as just about any reciever. He's somewhat disapointing as well -- most would say he's not even the best TE in the league, while still being a beast.

My point is that nobody ever thought Keller had the ceiling Davis had, so the fact that you can even make the comparrison between them speaks poorly of Davis.