Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mo Wilkerson's car flipped

Mo Wilkerson's car flipped

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Jets RE Muhammad Wilkerson's car flipped in an early Saturday morning accident, but that he was able to avoid "serious injury."

Mort's report provides no other details, but even minor injuries could have Wilkerson questionable for the beginning of Jets camp, which begins a month from Tuesday. Coach Rex Ryan and DC Mike Pettine have both gone out of their way to praise Wilkerson this offseason, with the latter saying he was the team's second most impressive defender in OTAs after only Darrelle Revis.

More: [url]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8094521/new-york-jets-dt-muhammad-wilkerson-charged-car-overturns[/url]
    Last edited by Salz; 06-25-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Salz;4500181]ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Jets RE Muhammad Wilkerson's car flipped in an early Saturday morning accident, but that he was able to avoid "serious injury."

Mort's report provides no other details, but even minor injuries could have Wilkerson questionable for the beginning of Jets camp, which begins a month from Tuesday. Coach Rex Ryan and DC Mike Pettine have both gone out of their way to praise Wilkerson this offseason, with the latter saying he was the team's second most impressive defender in OTAs after only Darrelle Revis.[/QUOTE]

and away we go.....

4:29 AM on the Garden State? Shady. Hope no drugs or alcohol involved...

Jets Insider VIP
    Ah man, hope it turns out to be not serious.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Nothing good ever happens at 4:30am when you are a rich NFL player driving a fast car. Lemme guess, he was coming back from a strip club.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=mtrjets;4500186]4:29 AM on the Garden State? Shady. Hope no drugs or alcohol involved...[/QUOTE]

fingers crossed

Hall Of Fame
    I'd be surprised if he was going anything suspicious. Hopefully he is not hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Apparently he was charged with careless driving and improper lane change, but alcohol was not involved.

What does "careless driving and failure to maintain his lane" mean? "Struck" another car sounds like maybe he was texting or doing something without paying attention. Checking his phone for something, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=mtrjets;4500186]4:29 AM on the Garden State? Shady. Hope no drugs or alcohol involved...[/QUOTE]

Nothing good happens at 4:30 am.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4500196]Apparently he was charged with careless driving and improper lane change, but alcohol was not involved.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that, at least. Looks like he may have dodged a bullet(no pun).

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4500207]Nothing good happens at 4:30 am.[/QUOTE]

Going to the gym seems plausible :i_dont_kn

Driving recklessly also seems plausible...

Hope he isn't injured to the point that affects him for TC...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4500201]What does "careless driving and failure to maintain his lane" mean? "Struck" another car sounds like maybe he was texting or doing something without paying attention. Checking his phone for something, etc.[/QUOTE]

Could be, another thought that came into my mind was that maybe he changed lanes without checking his blind spot.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4500218]Could be, another thought that came into my mind was that maybe he changed lanes without checking his blind spot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's very possible too. Actually more likely than what I was thinking. People switch lanes at night without thinking twice (especially at 4 am). The most important point is no DUI charge. Just hope he's physically OK.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-25-2012 at 02:50 PM.

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4500219]No way his car flips over and he walks way that night without a DUI, especially given the time of day. I bet it's more of checking something on a portable device, driving outside the line, side-swiping a vehicle, and overturning. Scary and tragic, but that seems the most likely situation given the details and his release.[/QUOTE]

The report said he wasn't charged with a DUI. What's your intention? To sound stupid or just troll for the sake of looking stupid?

Banned
    Life is bigger than football. Thankfully for his family and friends, he escaped an accident in which 'could have' led to death. People in life learn from mistakes. This may have been his first time ever flipping a car, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that it'll never happen again.

[QUOTE=southside;4500232]The report said he wasn't charged with a DUI. What's your intention? To sound stupid or just troll for the sake of looking stupid?[/QUOTE]

I miswrote that... I meant, no way his car flips over that late at night and he walks away without a DUI unless he seemed absolutely clear. The fact that he wasn't charged makes the situation sounds 10 x better to me. Read above for my other posts talking about more plausible situations.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-25-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4500207]Nothing good happens at 4:30 am.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

It's summer too. I'm usually up at 4am during the summer....

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4500242]I miswrote that... I meant, no way his car flips over that late at night and he walks away without a DUI unless there was a ton of reasonable cause. The fact that he wasn't charged makes the situation sounds 10 x better to me. See my other posts talking about more plausible situations.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. That makes more sense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Apparently his last tweet was "On the Garden State, Bi----------"

:dunno:

-