Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ran into Parcells today in Oyster Bay

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500785]Wake up and smell the coffee.

Your team hasn't even played in the Super Bowl for 44 years, and you wouldn't take 3 titles in 10 years?

Get off you high white horse.[/QUOTE]no, thats why we don`t have any titles in 43 years. We want to earn them, not steal them.

[QUOTE=The Band;4502183]no, thats why we don`t have any titles in 43 years. We want to earn them, not steal them.[/QUOTE]

I am tired of waiting..........

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4501523]YES! He kept us from getting the best QB prospect in NFL history, all because he knew he wouldnt stick around with the Jets long enough to see him develop. Then he passes on a cant miss Left Tackle in Orlando Pace.[/QUOTE]

That was definitely a cluster **** year in terms of what Parcells did with the #1 pick.

The only year he didn't mess up was 2000 when he had 4 #1's.

Even Matt Millen couldn't **** THAT up ( well maybe he could).

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4501027]Ding Ding!!
    Before Parcells, the Jets as an organization was an absolute joke. He brought credibility and respectability to the organization. He created the front office that runs the team today. For this I am greatful.

[B]Likewise every Pats fan should be kissing his big fat a$$, because prior to Parcells the Patsies were a bigger joke than even the Jets. Of course most currents Pats fans dont remember the Pats before Brady and Belichik. Thats because they were Giants/Cowboys fans back then. I doubt many Pats fans today remember the days of Tommy Hodson, Dick MacPherson, Victor Kiam or the Lisa Olson incident with Zeke Mowatt.[/B][/QUOTE]

Every Pats fan who gives me $#it I say things like that to. I also tell them that my favorite Pats season ever was 1990. They cluelessly look at me like WTF am I talking about, like I'm speaking an alien language - and that's all I need to know about what kind of a fan they are.

+1 and +1 for both paragraphs, especially the 2nd.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4501162]From 1964-2000 the New England Patriots were the New York Jets in blue uniforms.

When Belichick and Brady retire, that's exactly where they go again.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

+1. Been saying that for a while now, too. Well, except red uniforms/white helmets; the blue came in with the silver helmets that Parcells brought them.

And if Brady went down this year, watch how fast they plummet.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4501392]My point is that most Pats fans today are a bunch phonies who were nowhere to be found during the lean years. They are about as genuine as a three dollar bill.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Most of us here, at least the ones that are old enough, can say we lived through the Kotite years. God bless him, but they were like a battle scar... something to be lived through and your resolve as a true fan made stronger. Any fan of a sports team that liked them just when they tarted competing - or worse yet, only after they started winning championships - and give long-suffering fans of opposing teams hell deserve to be called out for the phonies they are.

If any Pats fan DID live through those horrendous 1960s - early '90s years, then they have a right to be proud of the recent history. Otherwise, **** off. And regardless, childishly mocking fans of a rival team on their foorums is embarrassing and shows immaturity and arrogance usually resrved for school playgrounds.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4501870]Parcells answer was the same as any other GM would have given, that he would take him but if he were blown away by a ridiculous offer he wouldn't be able to say no given all the areas he felt the Jets needed to upgrade.

Archie wanted a guarantee because he feared his daughter would wind up in NO if they offered their entire draft to the Jets.

Archie was the problem.:yes:[/QUOTE]

The bottom line was the Tuna didn't want to use the first pick for a rookie QB..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=parkwayjet1;4502076]Yep, that was it. In 1998, for the 4th consecutive season, the NFL had the Jets open on the road (previous years openers were at Miami, at Denver, at Seattle). I knew the team had turned a corner when they played S.F. even for all 4 quarters in their building. Glenn Foley even looked good that day at QB for us vs. Steve Young.

I believe the Jets then lost the following week in their home opener to the Ravens, followed that with a blowout of the Colts in Vinny's first game ever, then lost on the road again at the Rams. If I'm correct, that was a 1-3 start for a team that would end with a 12-4 record. And the only other loss? To Peyton Manning in his rookie season after the Jets blew a 23-10 halftime lead. What a season.[/QUOTE]

Here you go.. [url]http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/1998-nyj[/url]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4501733]Decent post..... I remember we lost game 1 in 1998 and I thought, here we go. SOJ.[/QUOTE]

I was at that game; I walked out on Cloud Nine. The J E T S intercepted Young almost right away....the uniforms were so great. They got snakebit, but gave the Niners all they could handle. That game is on NFL network about once a month out here.

[QUOTE=parkwayjet1;4502076]Yep, that was it. In 1998, for the 4th consecutive season, the NFL had the Jets open on the road (previous years openers were at Miami, at Denver, at Seattle). I knew the team had turned a corner when they played S.F. even for all 4 quarters in their building. Glenn Foley even looked good that day at QB for us vs. Steve Young.

[/QUOTE]
    That deep bomb (flea flicker) to Keyshawn...I was like "Is this the same team??" No more "Just follow (parcells) fullback to stop the Jets".

[QUOTE=Mardukis;4502186]I am tired of waiting..........[/QUOTE]

pick a different team then. You ain`t getting any championships anytime soon. The Jets are the Red Sox/Cubs of the NFL. It`ll be a hundred years before the Jets win anything, and we`ll all be dead by then. Save your money and your sanity for your family. Give it up if you have tickets/.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=The Band;4503429]pick a different team then. You ain`t getting any championships anytime soon. [B]The Jets are the Red Sox/Cubs of the [/B]NFL. It`ll be a hundred years before the Jets win anything, and we`ll all be dead by then. Save your money and your sanity for your family. Give it up if you have tickets/.[/QUOTE]
    Actually, not true.

The Red Sox have won 2 World Series in the last 8 years.

Many of us were alive when the Jets won their last Super Bowl.

So they're not the Cubs either.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503568]

Many of us were alive when the Jets won their last Super Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

I'll bet that number is less than 5% of all the posters on this message board.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503569]I'll bet that number is less than 5% of all the posters on this message board.[/QUOTE]

I think practically every Pats fan that posts on this board (with the possible exception of AFCEast) is over 43, and considering you guys are about 20% of the posters (or maybe it just seems that way), I'll take you up on that bet.

Banned
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503589]I think practically every Pats fan that posts on this board (with the possible exception of AFCEast) is over 43, and considering you guys are about 20% of the posters (or maybe it just seems that way), I'll take you up on that bet.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, I'd love to know what the actual percentage is.

I still say it would be around 5%.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503589]I think practically every Pats fan that posts on this board (with the possible exception of AFCEast) is over 43, and considering you guys are about 20% of the posters (or maybe it just seems that way), I'll take you up on that bet.[/QUOTE]

Patrolliedoosh is over 43? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503591]Just out of curiosity, I'd love to know what the actual percentage is.

I still say it would be around 5%.[/QUOTE]

Well Jordy says he was then there's me,KJ,parkway,WB and ???? Some may have been alive but had no idea what football was..:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503591]Just out of curiosity, I'd love to know what the actual percentage is.

I still say it would be around 5%.[/QUOTE]

I'm sensing another poll.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4503595]Well Jordy says he was then there's me,KJ,parkway,WB and ???? Some may have been alive but had no idea what football was..:yes:[/QUOTE]
    Right. The question becomes how many actually watched the game and had a reasonable understanding of what they were watching.

Being in diapers doesn't count (except for Tex in 2001, 2003 and 2004. He had no choice :D)

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503597]I'm sensing another poll.[/QUOTE]

Either that, or we need a poster who is very proficient with stats.

Any posters like that here in 2012 on JI?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Jordy;4503594]Patrolliedoosh is over 43? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Judging from his posts, I'd put him in his early 50s, no?