Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ran into Parcells today in Oyster Bay

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Band;4503429]The Jets are the Red Sox/Cubs of the NFL.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4503568]Actually, not true.

The Red Sox have won 2 World Series in the last 8 years.

Many of us were alive when the Jets won their last Super Bowl.

So they're not the Cubs either.[/QUOTE]

If WS = SB and LCS = Conference Championship what would we be?

The Cleveland Indians? Longer title drought but they have been to the WS a couple of times.

The Pirates? Won the WS in '79. Have been to the NLCS since. I think that is a close comparison.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503606]Judging from his posts, I'd put him in his early 50s, no?[/QUOTE]

If you're judging by his feeble attempts at humor, I would agree.

His emotional IQ suggests much younger. Like 35?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503611]If you're judging by his feeble attempts at humor, I would agree.

[B]His emotional IQ suggests much younger. Like 35?[/B][/QUOTE]

Watch it pal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4500999]Parcells changed the entire culture around the organization. He brought the team back to respectability. I am forever grateful and a big fan of his. Archie Manning cost us Peyton not Parcells.[/QUOTE]yup ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503662]Watch it pal.[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps I've said too much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503664]Perhaps I've said too much.[/QUOTE]
    :eek: Nooooooo , ... Jordy say TOO MUCH ? ? ? .... NEVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR :rolleyes:

~ ~ i mean , . . it's not like THAT has NEVER happened before :P
    [img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562740_3837459909002_522613980_n.jpg[/img]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;4503672]:eek: Nooooooo , ... Jordy say TOO MUCH ? ? ? .... NEVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR :rolleyes:

~ ~ i mean , . . it's not like THAT has NEVER happened before :P
    [/QUOTE]
    freak.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503689]freak.[/QUOTE]
    :wavey: now , now, . . . jordy...
    [img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/545736_3389354786654_2132568295_n.jpg[/img]
    .... try to be nice :P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503611]If you're judging by his feeble attempts at humor, I would agree.

His emotional IQ suggests much younger. Like 35?[/QUOTE]

I still don't get the emotional intelligence thing. Kind of think they are at odds, but I was 2 months old when we won. I thoght you got to win every year at the time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4503709]I still don't get the emotional intelligence thing. Kind of think they are at odds, but I was 2 months old when we won. I thoght you got to win every year at the time.[/QUOTE]
    I know. I probably should have said 15.

2 months? LOL. You knew what was going on?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503711]I know. I probably should have said 15.

2 months? LOL. You knew what was going on?[/QUOTE]

No didn't you hear I thought we'd win every year. I obviously didn't have a clue what was going on.

Actually no I didn't even know what the Jets were until I was around 7 and I wanted to rebel against my father and brother. The really uptight Giants fans.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4503715]No didn't you hear I thought we'd win every year. I obviously didn't have a clue what was going on.

Actually no I didn't even know what the Jets were until I was around 7 and I wanted to rebel against my father and brother. The really uptight Giants fans.[/QUOTE]
    That's funny. That was a factor in me becoming a Jets fan as well. My dad was an avid Giants fan and that fact and Joe Namath led me to the Jets.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Band;4503429]pick a different team then. You ain`t getting any championships anytime soon. The Jets are the Red Sox/Cubs of the NFL. It`ll be a hundred years before the Jets win anything, and we`ll all be dead by then. Save your money and your sanity for your family. Give it up if you have tickets/.[/QUOTE]

pretty dooshy post. Pretty dooshy to say the least.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4501561]:eek:

The chowds didnt even believe this, until it happened, though they have gladly taken the SB cheat wins like you would have...apparently.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I Actually consider it the same as stealing signs in baseball, If you're smart enough to pull it off and can decipher it, more power to you...Still hate Belichick and the Pats tho, don't get me wrong

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4502297]The bottom line was the Tuna didn't want to use the first pick for a rookie QB..[/QUOTE]

That's bullish*t, Tuna was trying to talk Manning into coming out, he was going to take him without a doubt

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4503972]I Actually consider it the same as stealing signs in baseball,[B] If you're smart enough to pull it off and can decipher it[/B], more power to you...Still hate Belichick and the Pats tho, don't get me wrong[/QUOTE]

Recording signals is easy, any fool in the stands with a beer in his hand can do that. Deciphering and putting them to effective use to affect the outcome of football games is a different issue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503569]I'll bet that number is less than 5% of all the posters on this message board.[/QUOTE]

I was 4 months old

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4502297]The bottom line was the Tuna didn't want to use the first pick for a rookie QB..[/QUOTE]

Actually you don't know that. We only know that he couldn't/wouldn't guarantee the pick if a team offered a boatload if picks and Peyton decided not to come out.

The rest is imagined.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503598]Right. The question becomes how many actually watched the game and had a reasonable understanding of what they were watching.

Being in diapers doesn't count (except for Tex in 2001, 2003 and 2004. He had no choice :D)[/QUOTE]

I was ****ting diapers myself, but my mother said I understood what was going on like the baby in E-Trade

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4501523]YES! He kept us from getting the best QB prospect in NFL history, all because he knew he wouldnt stick around with the Jets long enough to see him develop. Then he passes on a cant miss Left Tackle in Orlando Pace.[/QUOTE]

First off your story about Parcells is wrong.

Just as claiming Manning was the best QB prospect in NFL history is a total rewrite of history.