Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ran into Parcells today in Oyster Bay

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4501041]Those guys are the 50,000 or so fans who now show up to Gillette but back in the 1980's and early 1990s were nowhere to be seen causing most of your home games to be blacked out on TV

That chick and how she was treated by your organization is a major stain on your franchise that most of your current fair weathered fans dont even remember.[/QUOTE]

From 1964-2000 the New England Patriots were the New York Jets in blue uniforms.

When Belichick and Brady retire, that's exactly where they go again.

SAR I

Banned
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4501158]

How many sellouts did the Pats have from 1985-1993?

[/QUOTE]

WTF is your point?

The Jets have non-sellouts in 2010 and 2011, and you're discussing what the Pats did in friggn' 1985? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501146]The Pats haven't had a non-sellout since 1993.

And unlike the Jets, the Pats haven't spent one dime buying up thousands of unsold tickets to prevent a blackout.[/QUOTE]

"Gillette Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium located in Foxborough, ... The seating capacity is 68756, including 6000 club seats and 87 luxury suites."

The Jets have not sold less than 68,756 seats since 1983...

NMS has over 10K in club seats and 200 luxury suites...

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4500778]not if the jets cheated their way to obtaining it...no[/QUOTE]

I have to admit I thought Belichick could win us a Super Bowl and I would have taken the Video Spying charge to win 3 Super Bowls, Gladly

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4501182]I have to admit I thought Belichick could win us a Super Bowl and I would have taken the Video Spying charge to win 3 Super Bowls, Gladly[/QUOTE]

Here, here.

Screw the high road, I want the rings.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4501160]+1

Absolutely. Bill Parcells is the second-most important Jet after Joe Namath, maybe third after Weeb Eubank.

What so many fans (especially young ones) fail to realize is that the last 15 years have been the most consistent and playoff-potent we have ever had. Taking out the 3 seasons decimated by the loss of [B]our starting QB****[/B], we've averaged 9.5 wins per season on the back of the foundation that Bill Parcells laid from Testaverde to Martin to Tannenbaum.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

SAR I...I am surprised you can post something about Chad and not trash him. YOU SIR...are developing.;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I run into Parcells a couple of times every summer at the track at Saratoga. He's typically there for opening day and/or the travers and/or woodward stakes, among others. Nice guy, friendly, no dooshiness.

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4501173]"Gillette Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium located in Foxborough, ... The seating capacity is 68756, including 6000 club seats and 87 luxury suites."

The Jets have not sold less than 68,756 seats since 1983...

NMS has over 10K in club seats and 200 luxury suites...[/QUOTE]

Metro Boston (including Worcester and Providence) and its surrounding area, as of the 2010 U.S. Census, is ranked fifth among CSA's, having over 7.6 million people.

Metro NYC (including north Jersey and Long Island) has a population of over 19.0 million.

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4501227]Metro Boston (including Worcester and Providence) and its surrounding area, as of the 2010 U.S. Census, is ranked fifth among CSA's, having over 7.6 million people.

Metro NYC (including north Jersey and Long Island) has a population of over 19.0 million.[/QUOTE]

and???????????????

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4501234]and???????????????[/QUOTE]

I dunno.

Seemed like you were trying to make a point that NMS is bigger than Foxboro, so it's easier Gillette to sell out. I guess a counter to that would be to point out the huge population discrepancy.

If that wasn't your point. I apologize, but at least I made you a tad smarter today.;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4501234]and???????????????[/QUOTE]

I think the point is, with over 19 million people in the area, the Jets still can't sell out.

there are 70,000 fans on the Patriots waiting list. I think they could sell out the Met. You can only sell what you have capacity for. 68,000 + 70,000 on the wait list.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4501162]From 1964-2000 the New England Patriots were the New York Jets in blue uniforms.

When Belichick and Brady retire, that's exactly where they go again.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:yes: I couldn't agree more!!

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4501247]I dunno.

Seemed like you were trying to make a point that NMS is bigger than Foxboro, so it's easier Gillette to sell out. I guess a counter to that would be to point out the huge population discrepancy.

If that wasn't your point. I apologize, but at least I made you a tad smarter today.;)[/QUOTE]

Did not realize Boston was that big.... But that was my point on a slow day... Jets averaged over 78k in attendance last year, Giants had 400 more per game on average...

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4501272]there are 70,000 fans on the Patriots waiting list. I think they could sell out the Met. You can only sell what you have capacity for. 68,000 + 70,000 on the wait list.[/QUOTE]

add PSLs,more club seats and 120 suites and see what happens to that waitlist. The Giants were over 150k and did not sell out either... Jets at one point were over 50K on the wait list.

[QUOTE=petejet;4501116][B]What if draft day another team offers Parcells a monster deal for the pick? [/B]He has to say no because Archie strong armed him? In retrospect Parcell's decision sucks but you cannot blame him for keeping his options open. And I can guarantee you one thing. Not a single Jets fan gave a damn about Peyton on January 17, 1999 when the Jets were getting ready to square off against the Broncos in the AFCCG. Its very easy to be a Monday morning QB.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the reason Parcells said he couldn't guarantee Archie he'd take Peyton...

I also think Parcell's contract was to be HC for at least 4 yrs and then GM for an additional 2 years...Unless there was a change of ownership and then he could opt out of his contract
    Last edited by C Mart; 06-26-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Parcells cost us Peyton Manning AND Bill Belichick.

I think the conservative estimate would be 2 Super Bowls.

;):P:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=petejet;4501116]What if draft day another team offers Parcells a monster deal for the pick? He has to say no because Archie strong armed him? In retrospect Parcell's decision sucks but you cannot blame him for keeping his options open. And I can guarantee you one thing. Not a single Jets fan gave a damn about Peyton on January 17, 1999 when the Jets were getting ready to square off against the Broncos in the AFCCG. [B]Its very easy to be a Monday morning QB[/B].[/QUOTE]

I wasn't doing that I was stating a fact.. Your saying what if another team offered him a monster deal that didn't happen..:confused: In 93 the Pats had the first pick and took Bledsoe.. What if another team offered the Pats a huge deal?? That didn't happen either but then the Tuna wasn't the GM..

Banned
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4501306] Jets at one point were over 50K on the wait list.[/QUOTE]

How long is the Jets wait list today?

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501163]WTF is your point?

The Jets have non-sellouts in 2010 and 2011, and you're discussing what the Pats did in friggn' 1985? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

My point is that most Pats fans today are a bunch phonies who were nowhere to be found during the lean years. They are about as genuine as a three dollar bill.