Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ran into Parcells today in Oyster Bay

[QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4503990]I was ****ting diapers myself, but my mother said I understood what was going on like the baby in E-Trade[/QUOTE]

Everything come out OK?;)

Back then we had the cloth diapers so it had to be pretty nasty:-) mothers have it easy nowadays the mothers back then had to wash and reuse the diapers, nasty

Jets Insider VIP
    tuna=douche

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4503990]I was ****ting diapers myself, but my mother said I understood what was going on like the baby in E-Trade[/QUOTE]

Remember, this is the same person who lied to you about Santa Claus for many years. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    But Manning said his decision to return to Knoxville was not impacted by the Jets:
    [INDENT]"The reason I decided to stay had nothing to do with who had the first pick. My reasons for staying were based purely on the fact that I wanted to be a senior in college. I kind of rushed through my first three years of college, taking maximum hours. I had been starting since I was a freshman and really just kind of been on the go in a hurry for my first three years.
    "I wanted to have that one year to slow things down and really enjoy the college experience, and I really did that and had a fun senior year. Obviously I think I became a better player in my senior year, I got a year stronger and got a year more of experience."

"There is no telling how it would have turned out. Bill Parcells was there. He and I had visited a couple of times thorough the years, and there is no guarantee they would have taken me with the first pick. They could have drafted someone else; they could have made a trade, so we will never know."[/INDENT]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4504280]Remember, this is the same person who lied to you about Santa Claus for many years. ;)[/QUOTE]

What about Santa Claus? What are you saying?

Any Jet fan who hates on Parcells needs to remember what they were before he came around and changed the franchise. Archie Manning is the reason the Jets didn't land Peyton, not Bill. Archie runs his children's lives. It is what it is.

[QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4504042]Back then we had the cloth diapers so it had to be pretty nasty:-) mothers have it easy nowadays the mothers back then had to wash and reuse the diapers, nasty[/QUOTE]

LOL.. they didn't wash them (yuck). There was a thing called diaper service. Kind of like the "milk man" but instead of leaving your empty bottles in an aluminum bin for the milkman to swap out, they'd leave dirty diapers in a pail and the service would deliver the clean ones. I remember the both the milk truck and the diaper truck coming by our building every morning while I waited for the school bus.
    Last edited by Dcat; 07-01-2012 at 08:18 PM.

[QUOTE=124;4505173]Any Jet fan who hates on Parcells needs to remember what they were before he came around and changed the franchise. Archie Manning is the reason the Jets didn't land Peyton, not Bill. Archie runs his children's lives. It is what it is.[/QUOTE]

that's not quite how I remember it. Check me, anyone, if I am wrong on this... Archie wanted Bill to commit to drafting Peyton before Peyton would declare that he would forego his senior year. Parcells refused to do so, and Peyton continued on to his senior year. I was under the impression that Peyton would have been a Jet if Parcells had agreed. When Parcells refused, the decision was made (by Archie and/or Peyton) to not come out early. I guess Archie didn't want the uncertainty of Parcells trading the pick away and Peyton winding up in some "undesirable" place (such as Indianapolis... har har har or San Diego ala Eli Manning.)

Oakland had the next pick (Darrell Russell)and Atlanta the 3rd pick, which Atlanta traded to Seattle in exchange for Seattle's 1st, 2nd, 3rd AND 4th (!!!!) in order to pick Shawn Springs.
    Last edited by Dcat; 07-01-2012 at 08:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4504283]But Manning said his decision to return to Knoxville was not impacted by the Jets:
    [INDENT]"The reason I decided to stay had nothing to do with who had the first pick. My reasons for staying were based purely on the fact that I wanted to be a senior in college. I kind of rushed through my first three years of college, taking maximum hours. I had been starting since I was a freshman and really just kind of been on the go in a hurry for my first three years.
    "I wanted to have that one year to slow things down and really enjoy the college experience, and I really did that and had a fun senior year. Obviously I think I became a better player in my senior year, I got a year stronger and got a year more of experience."

"There is no telling how it would have turned out. Bill Parcells was there. He and I had visited a couple of times thorough the years, and there is no guarantee they would have taken me with the first pick. They could have drafted someone else; they could have made a trade, so we will never know."[/INDENT][/QUOTE]

I believe that Manning statement above is 100% unfettered, pure B U L L S H I T.

[QUOTE=Mardukis;4503912]pretty dooshy post. Pretty dooshy to say the least.[/QUOTE]yes, quite dooshy as you say. It has been 43 years already. another 57 of this stuff and it will be 100. I`d bet the Jets hit that 57 before they win. Ofcourse I wouldn`t be around to collect. :)

[QUOTE=Dcat;4505178]that's not quite how I remember it. Check me, anyone, if I am wrong on this... Archie wanted Bill to commit to drafting Peyton before Peyton would declare that he would forego his senior year. Parcells refused to do so, and Peyton continued on to his senior year. I was under the impression that Peyton would have been a Jet if Parcells had agreed. When Parcells refused, the decision was made (by Archie and/or Peyton) to not come out early. I guess Archie didn't want the uncertainty of Parcells trading the pick away and Peyton winding up in some "undesirable" place (such as Indianapolis... har har har or San Diego ala Eli Manning.)

Oakland had the next pick (Darrell Russell)and Atlanta the 3rd pick, which Atlanta traded to Seattle in exchange for Seattle's 1st, 2nd, 3rd AND 4th (!!!!) in order to pick Shawn Springs.[/QUOTE]

I never heard that version, I hope its not true, I always thought Peyton didnt want to come out early. If it is true its typical of our luck, we could have had one of the all time great qb's...very frustrating

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;4504082]tuna=douche[/QUOTE]
    as a head coach ; cool :cool:...

....as a gm , not so much :(

Rookie
    According to Patsfans.com poll

about 18% of fans became fans since 2000.

It was pretty evenly split by decades.

There are about an equal number of old geezers who have been following them since the 60's.

[QUOTE=Spectre;4505527]According to Patsfans.com poll

about 18% of fans became fans since 2000.

It was pretty evenly split by decades.

There are about an equal number of old geezers who have been following them since the 60's.[/QUOTE]

Probably similar demographics to almost every team out there.

Rookie
    So much for the Bandwagon Theory

[QUOTE=Spectre;4505527]According to Patsfans.com poll
    [/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Rookie
    I guess a majority became Patriot fans after 2001 is what your saying?

You don't know football fans very well. :rolleyes:

Do your own poll on when people became Jet fans and my guess is the stats will look strikingly similar to the Patriot fan poll. :eek:

[QUOTE=Spectre;4505620]I guess a majority became Patriot fans after 2001 is what your saying?

You don't know football fans very well. :rolleyes:

Do your own poll on when people became Jet fans and my guess is the stats will look strikingly similar to the Patriot fan poll. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I'd guarantee under 8% post 2000...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Spectre;4505620][B]Do your own poll on when people became Jet fans[/B] and my guess is the stats will look strikingly similar to the Patriot fan poll. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Does it have to be a specific year or can it be like "late-70's" or "mid-80's" or "for as long as I can remember" or "I was 7 in '78 or '79 when I became a Jets fan?"