Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ran into Parcells today in Oyster Bay

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4500778]not if the jets cheated their way to obtaining it...no[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500785]Wake up and smell the coffee.

Your team hasn't even played in the Super Bowl for 44 years, and you wouldn't take 3 titles in 10 years?

Get off you high white horse.[/QUOTE]

Lmao...your tacit acceptance of the Patriot way* is hilarious....and delusional.

The ends justify the means in your sad little world.

You really believe we bring up this cheating stuff simply to bust balls.

No one believes for a second the Patriots won anything honestly... and in the spirit of good sportsmanship.

Not even you.

You know I'm right.

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4500792]Lmao...your tacit acceptance of the Patriot way* is hilarious....and delusional.

No one believes for a second the Patriots won anything honestly... and in the spirit of good sportsmanship.

Not even you.

You know I'm right.

-[/QUOTE]

32, you have always been one of my favorite posters over the years.

Until the NFL strips the Pats of all their titles, I sleep very well at night with all those championships.:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4500558]Having having lunch at the Coach Grill with Dan Henning and a attractive older looking lady. Not sure if it was Henning's wife or Parcells' lady friend.

Said hello, he was very nice. He's looking pretty fit and relaxed.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask him if he reads Jets Insider? Is he one of my fans?

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500808]32, you have always been one of my favorite posters over the years.

Until the NFL strips the Pats of all their titles, I sleep very well at night with all those championships.:yes:[/QUOTE]

And Tex, likewise.;)

I've waited this long, I'll take one honestly achieved Championship over all of your dubious, muddied, ill-gotten cheat fests.

You havent won crap since you got exposed (division titles mean nothing in the shadow of failure).

All I need to know about your organization.

Admittedly, the Jets have lagged talent wise to even the cheating Pats*, but I can sleep with that too.

When we win, we will have won....honestly, not by the machinations of some introverted arsehwole and his sidekick Ernie Adams the ghost.

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4500792]Lmao...your tacit acceptance of the Patriot way* is hilarious....and delusional.

Not even you.

You know I'm right.

-[/QUOTE]

Well said 32.

There was a reason why....

A.) Bill Belichick was fined by the NFL. For cheating.

B.) The New England Patriots lost a 1st round draft pick. For cheating.

They've yet to win an honest/legit Super Bowl under Belichick and Brady. The dynasty that "could have been". Cheating destroyed their success; that success is tainted.

Just like pure fans of baseball will never look at Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens, Rafael Palmeiro and Alex Rodriguez the same etc, etc... Pure fans of football will never look at Belichick, Brady and the Patriots the same, ever again, or at least not until they actually win a legit super bowl with no cheating involved. The Patriots were the steroid users of the early to mid 2000's.

The last time I checked? They've recently been eliminated during the first round of the playoffs against both the Ravens and Jets and have also lost two Super Bowls to the Giants. Kind of hard winning super bowls the legit/honest way, but yet, they ***won*** three super bowls from 2001-2004? They cheated.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-25-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4500822]And Tex, likewise.;)

I've waited this long, I'll take one honestly achieved Championship over all of your dubious, muddied, ill-gotten cheat fests.

You havent won crap since you got exposed (division titles mean nothing in the shadow of failure).

Admittedly, the Jets have lagged talent wise to even the cheating Pats*, but I can sleep with that too.

When we win, we will have won....honestly, not by the machinations of some introverted arsehwole and his sidekick Ernie Adams the ghost.

-[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say, that I hope the Jets win one for fans like yourself.

And likewise for all those other SOJF's (as dubbed by all the newbies) who don't have a friggn' clue.

You know what I mean.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    F-Tuna. He has no integrity and cost us Peyton Manning in the 1997 draft.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lf it weren't for Parcells, PatsfanTurdX would have nearly 50000 worthless sh1tstirring trolling posts at finheaven or Torontobillsfans.com or some place other than here...

Damn you, big Tuna for that

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Not even you.

You know I'm right.

-[/QUOTE]

+1

Perfect summary.

This old man is actually kind of sad. I hope I never get this delusional at that age.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4500822]And Tex, likewise.;)

-[/QUOTE]

You surprise me here 32. I always figured you for an intelligent, reasoned, fair-minded man not blinded by the Green. So it surprises me that you'd have the same opinion as the tin foil hat crowd, when even coaches who lost in the SB to the Pats have gone on record that Spygate is all overblown nothingness.
    How easy it seems to be to ignore the fact they got to 2 more SBs and in each they were one play away from winning those as well. Do I wish it never happened? Sure. Did it have anything to do with their success? Not a bit.

Not sure how a Sooth thread on Tuna turned into yet another Spygate discussion.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4500850]F-Tuna. He has no integrity and cost us Peyton Manning in the 1997 draft.[/QUOTE]

Parcells changed the entire culture around the organization. He brought the team back to respectability. I am forever grateful and a big fan of his. Archie Manning cost us Peyton not Parcells.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4500941]You surprise me here 32. I always figured you for an intelligent, reasoned, fair-minded man not blinded by the Green. So it surprises me that you'd have the same opinion as the tin foil hat crowd, when even coaches who lost in the SB to the Pats have gone on record that Spygate is all overblown nothingness.
    How easy it seems to be to ignore the fact they got to 2 more SBs and in each they were one play away from winning those as well. [B]Do I wish it never happened? Sure[/B]. Did it have anything to do with their success? Not a bit.

Not sure how a Sooth thread on Tuna turned into yet another Spygate discussion.[/QUOTE]

This bolded here is the entire point. Your favorite franchise is eternally shackled with the stigma of SpyGate and the scuminess that is Belichick. Our 1 past and all future championships will be unstained.

And you can thank your dooshy friend Tx for the sidetrack.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4500785]Wake up and smell the coffee.

Your team hasn't even played in the Super Bowl for 44 years, and you wouldn't take 3 titles in 10 years?

Get off you high white horse.[/QUOTE]

Not at all - because everyday there would be a Pats fan telling us how we cheated to get them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4500999]Parcells changed the entire culture around the organization. He brought the team back to respectability. I am forever grateful and a big fan of his. [B]Archie Manning cost us Peyton not Parcells[/B].[/QUOTE]

It was Parcells that wouldn't guarantee that he would take Peyton with the first pick of the 97 draft Archie Manning had no problem with NY or the Tuna..:confused:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rosie Ruiz won*** the CheatingTown Marathon, too

I wouldn't take that win*** either

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4501019]Rosie Ruiz won*** the CheatingTown Marathon, too

[/QUOTE]

Rosie Ruiz was a New Yorker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4501018]It was Parcells that wouldn't guarantee that he would take Peyton with the first pick of the 97 draft Archie Manning had no problem with NY or the Tuna..:confused:[/QUOTE]

THIS.

All Tuna had to do was give Archie his word that he wouldn't be trading the 1st pick. That's all. All the good that Tuna did for the Jets can't erase that monumental blunder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4500999]Parcells changed the entire culture around the organization. He brought the team back to respectability. I am forever grateful and a big fan of his. Archie Manning cost us Peyton not Parcells.[/QUOTE]

Ding Ding!!
    Before Parcells, the Jets as an organization was an absolute joke. He brought credibility and respectability to the organization. He created the front office that runs the team today. For this I am greatful.

Likewise every Pats fan should be kissing his big fat a$$, because prior to Parcells the Patsies were a bigger joke than even the Jets. Of course most currents Pats fans dont remember the Pats before Brady and Belichik. Thats because they were Giants/Cowboys fans back then. I doubt many Pats fans today remember the days of Tommy Hodson, Dick MacPherson, Victor Kiam or the Lisa Olson incident with Zeke Mowatt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4501027] I doubt many Pats fans today remember the days of Tommy Hodson, Dick MacPherson, Victor Kiam or the Lisa Olson incident with Zeke Mowatt.[/QUOTE]

Who are those guys and what does a chick have to do with football?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4501019]Rosie Ruiz won*** the CheatingTown Marathon, too

I wouldn't take that win*** either[/QUOTE]wtf

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501021]Rosie Ruiz was a New Yorker.[/QUOTE]

That didn't take long; TX ramming it up your nose. :nono: