Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sobering Review of Shonn Greene

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502735]Antowain Smith is one example. During his first 4 years in the league he combined for 760 rushing attempts with an average of 755.5 rushing yards/6.5 TD's per season before breaking out during his 5th year with 1,157 rushing yards and 12 rushing TD's. I'd consider that a breakout season.

Robert Smith of the Vikings is another example, not exactly 546 carries but Robert Smith combined for 414 rushing attempts during his first 4 years in the league with an average of 472.2 rushing yards/2.75 TD's per season before breaking out during his 5th season, rushing for 1,266 yards, 6 TD's with an average of 5.5 yards per carry. He then went on to have an outstanding football career during the 3 seasons to follow.

Thomas Jones of the Cardinals/Bucs would be yet another example. 499 rushing attempts during his first 4 seasons with an average of 472.7 rushing yards/3 rushing TD's per season before breaking out during his 5th year in the league with Chicago, rushing for 948 yards and 7 TD's. I'd consider that a breakout season, especially considering the fact that Thomas Jones went on to rush for 5 consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons with 43 rushing TD's over the next 5 years.

Priest Holmes of the Ravens could be used as another example. 459 rushing attempts during his first 3 years in the league for an average of 700 rushing yards/3 TD's/195 receiving yards per season before breaking out during his 4th year in the league with KC, rushing for 1,555 rushing yards/8 TD's/614 receiving yards.

These are only a couple of examples of backs that broke out during either their 4th or 5th seasons in the league...

[/QUOTE]
    Antowain Smith had 840 yards his rookie season and over 1,000 yards in his second season.

Robert Smith is another bad example as he didn't have anywhere near the workload Greene has had in his first 3 years.

Thomas Jones. Also not on point with what I said. Not near the workload. He may be the closest example but he never got the same chanes Greene has gotten in 3 years.

Priest Holmes also broke 1,000 yards in his second season.

Look, Greene has had 1 season as a lead back and put up over 1,000 yards with no lost fumbles behind a line many consider to be the biggest position liability on the team (especially when Mangold was out). Think the guy deserves another shot to show if he can improve (as does the OL). Again, if he doesn't show much, he doesn't get re-signed.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502700]Most knowledgeable football fans would.

Only blind homers would take Green over Jordan.[/QUOTE]

Most knowledgeable football fans would know that LaMont Jordan was never healthy, he was always injured. :eek:

You wanna talk about "blind homers", only pathetic little trolls would troll an innocent Jets fan base in which hasn't seen a super bowl since 1969 with over 45,000 negative remarks, comments, post's etc, etc in regards to each and every positive thought that Jet fans have to share. :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4502792]Antowain Smith had 840 yards his rookie season and over 1,000 yards in his second season.

Robert Smith is another bad example as he didn't have anywhere near the workload Greene has had in his first 3 years.

Thomas Jones. Also not on point with what I said. Not near the workload. He may be the closest example but he never got the same chanes Greene has gotten in 3 years.

Priest Holmes also broke 1,000 yards in his second season.[/QUOTE]

Antowain Smith had 840 yards his rookie season and over 1,000 yards his second season... What's you point? Shonn Greene put up 540 rushing yards his rookie season and went over 1,000 yards during his 3rd season. Also, it took Smith 194 rushing attempts to put up 840 yards during his rookie season, an average of 4.3 yards per carry. Shonn Greene put up 540 rushing yards with an average of 5.0 yards per carry during his rookie season. While Antowain Smith fell off the map his 3rd season, only rushing for 614 yards with an average of only 3.4 yards per carry, Shonn Greene just put up 1,054 rushing yards with an average of 4.2 yards per carry. Not sure the point you're trying to make here, because the fact of the matter is this, Antowain Smith had his breakout season during his 5th year in the league with 1,157 rushing yards and 12 TD's. Heading into his 5th season? He had 760 rushing attempts with an average of only 733 rushing yards per season.

In regards to Robert Smith, now you're cherry picking to fit your agenda. So, he only had 252 rushing attempts after his first 3 seasons and 414 rushing attempts after his 4th season, but that doesn't change the fact that he broke out during his 5th season with 1,266 rushing yards off an average of 5.5 yards per carry. He went on to rush for 4989 yards during his final 4 seasons in the league with an average of 5.0 yards per carry. What's my point, fans such as yourself, would have ran Robert Smith out of town during his first 4 years of play before giving him that chance to breakout during his 5th year in the league. That's my point.

In regards to Priest Holmes? Correction. He broke 1,000 yards during his rookie season, not his 2nd season. But yeah, so what, he broke 1,000 yards during his rookie season. Shonn Greene broke 1,000 yards during his 3rd season as a first year starter... What's your point? It still doesn't change the fact that Holmes went from 1,008, 506 and 588 during each of his first 3 seasons (regressing) to 1,555 rushing yards and 8 TD's during his 4th season (His breakout year). A fan such as yourself, would have been the first one running Holmes out of town due to the fact that he regressed during his 2nd and 3rd seasons when compared to his rookie season. That's what the fans and front office did to Holmes, ran him out of town after only 3 years. KC Chiefs became very thankful for that. He broke out during his 4th season with KC and never looked back.

It's kind of funny how you mention the facts such as Antowain Smith rushing for 840 yards with a 4.3 yards per carry during his rookie season, but fail to mention how Shonn Greene rushed for 540 rushing yards with an average of 5.0 yards per carry during his rookie season.

It's kind of sad how you mention the fact that Priest Holmes rushed for over 1,000 yards during his rookie season but fail to mention how A.) He regressed during his 2nd and 3rd seasons and B.) Shonn Greene has improved his production each of the past 3 seasons and rushed for 1,000+ yards as a first year starter.

It's also weird how you mention a player such as Antowain Smith rushing for over 1,000 yards during his 2nd season, but completely ignore the fact that Shonn Greene rushed for over 1,000 yards during his 3rd season.

You my friend, use an agenda posting style in regards to posting anything Shonn Greene related.

Why did Antowain Smith rush for over 1,000 yards during his 2nd season? Because he had 300 rushing attempts. Greene only had 293 rushing attempts during his first two seasons combined. It's called Greene not having anywhere near the workload that Smith had. See how that works?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 12:33 PM.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4502726]You're going to make me post it yet again?

You are the one who needs to get laid Ray. There's no doubt.

Ray Ray: [B]it hurt the running game in the process and in play-action, still, Greene put up over 1,000 yds and didn't get all of [U]the carries[/U] with LT [U]still getting a significant portion of the workload[/U][/B][U][B]."[/B][/U]

This comment of yours was specifically related to 2011. Go re-read your post.

First you said you were talking about receptions AND carries.

I posted this to show that you were talking only about carries. You ignored that and tried to back-peddle.

Now you're trying to spin it to sound as if you were talking about all 3 years.

You weren't. You were only referring to 2011 in that paragraph.

Stop arguing about something that you are wrong about.

Not to mention, no one other than you thinks that Greene has good vision.

You are an insufferable homer.[/QUOTE]

You're a dumbass

I was talking about receptions and carries because it factored into Green's playing time.

WTF am I wrong about?

And how the **** does this discussion mean I am a homer?

It's obvious you are just pulling **** out of your ass hoping it sticks.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502787]That's the problem. LaMont Jordan was never healthy, which is why you can't rate him ahead of Shonn Greene. Durability is a huge aspect when ranking a running back, and LaMont Jordan was as injury prone as they come. After leaving the Jets, Jordan went on to miss a whopping 30 games during his final 5 years in the league. He was never able to carry a work load. Never. During his final 4 seasons in the league? He only put up 114, 144, 80 and 25 rushing attempts per season... Still missed 26 games during those last 4 years of breaking down. It was sad to see such an injury prone player.

There's multiple reason(s) on why it took LaMont Jordan 9 years to rush for only 3,734 rushing yards before breaking down and having to call it quits. Only one, 1,000+ yards season during 9 years of play. Shonn Greene on the other hand? Greene has already put up 2,360 rushing yards with one, 1,000+ yard season after only 3 years of play.

I'm taking Shonn Greene over LaMont Jordan any day of the week and twice on gameday.[/QUOTE]

You are be right about that, Lamont did seem to be injury prone and did not know the plays that well. Maybe Shonn does get the nod over Lamont. But I am ready for somebody to take Shonn's job, he can't make tackler's miss and he can't catch well

[QUOTE=Jordy;4502729]You don't think 546 carries in 3 years is a significant workload? Enough to evaluate a RB?

Seriously?

Especially last year when Greene had more than 3 times the carries that LT had?

Get a clue.[/QUOTE]

Ummm...

546 carries

100 the first year, abot 180 the second year, that is a partial workload. But oh BTW, the first 100, he had a 5.0 yc, the second 100, he had a 4.1 ypc. Last year, he was the featured back in a rotation, but still only got 250 carries, but his ypc was 4.2.

Running the football has never been a problem, he's put up good numbers.

Receiving the football and passing protection is another story, THAT has impacted his workload, and his opportunities on the field, and why he hasn't been in the majority of the offensive snaps, this has been my argument throughout the entire thread.

Again, WTF are you arguing about, ****tard?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-28-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4502045]It wasn't until his 3rd year, last year, that he got a bigger workload, and he produced, despite injuries and subpar play on the OL and and flawed offensive philosophy. Because of poor play overall in the passing game and lacking talent to stretch the field, [B]it hurt the running game in the process and in play-action, still, Greene put up over 1,000 yds and didn't get all of the carries with LT still getting a significant portion of the workload.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4502854]You're a dumbass

I was talking about receptions and carries because it factored into Green's playing time.

WTF am I wrong about?

And how the **** does this discussion mean I am a homer?

It's obvious you are just pulling **** out of your ass hoping it sticks.[/QUOTE]
    LOL.

You're just making yourself look like a dumbass.

Only YOU would read that post and pretend like you were talking about receptions and carries. What were my clues you ask? Oh let's see. The fact you specifically said [B]RUNNING GAME [/B]and [B]CARRIES [/B]in your post. :rolleyes:

Seriously STFU.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4502858]You are be right about that, Lamont did seem to be injury prone and did not know the plays that well. Maybe Shonn does get the nod over Lamont. [B]But I am ready for somebody to take Shonn's job[/B], he can't make tackler's miss and he can't catch well[/QUOTE]

I would also love an x-factor, game changing, freak of nature type of RB beast at the RB position myself. But I'm also thankful we have a very solid back in Shonn Greene for the time being. Some fans are completely against drafting a RB during the first round and/or second rounds, due to the fact that they're "a dime a dozen". I've always completely disagreed. Yeah, yeah, I know, guys such as Fred Jackson and Adrian Foster went undrafted etc, etc but...

[B]Reggie Bush[/B]: 1st round, 2nd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Darren McFadden[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]: 1st round, 4th overall.
    Cedric Benson: 1st round, 4th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Adrian Peterson[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]: 1st round, 7th overall.
    Marshawn Lynch: 1st round, 12th overall.
    Ryan Matthews: 1st round, 12th overall.
    [B]Jonathan Stewart[/B]: 1st round, 13th overall.
    [B]Rashard Mendenhall[/B]: 1st round, 23rd overall.
    [B]Willis McGahee[/B]: 1st round, 23rd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]Chris Johnson[/COLOR][/B]: 1st round, 24th overall.
    [B]Steven Jackson[/B]: 1st round, 24th overall.
    Beanie Wells: 1st round, 31st overall.

[B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Matt Forte[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]: 2nd round, 44th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]LeSean McCoy[/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 53rd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Ray Rice[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 55th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]Maurice Jones-Drew[/COLOR][/B]: 2nd round, 60th overall.

As you can see, more than half the NFL's starting RB's were drafted during either the 1st or 2nd rounds. The players highlighted in black bold print are just the players that I, myself personally, have always loved in regards to overall talent. Reggie Bush hasn't lived up to his Gale-Sayers hype, but he is an explosive athlete and a true offensive weapon coming out of the backfield. The players I have in blue? Those are blue-chip prospect who I'd love to see on the Jets. Anyone of those blue chip players would instantly turn Sanchez and the Jets offense into an explosive one. So, if you're not willing to spend a 1st round draft pick on a running back, then you have no right complaining about the ability/talent/potential of Shonn Greene. Sometimes you get what you pay for, in our case? We paid for a 3rd round talent in Shonn Greene.

With Sanchez as our Quarterback moving forward.
    John Conner as our starting/developing fullback.
    Holmes as our #1 WR.
    Hill as a potential #1/#2 wide out (We can't quit on him after only 1 year heading into next years draft).
    Kerley as our slot receiver.
    Keller as our pass catching TE (That's if we extend his contract)
    Ferguson as our Franchise LT.
    Mangold as our all-pro Center.

(8 of 11 starters mentioned).

Revis, Cromartie and Wilson as our trio of CB's.
    Bell and Landry as our two Safety's.
    Harris as our #1 IMLB.
    Bart Scott as our #2 IMLB .
    Demario Davis as a potential replacement.
    Wilkerson and Coples as our DE's.
    Pouha/Ellis as our NT's.

(9 of 11 starters mentioned).

As you can see, we do have holes (here and there), but we also have lots of building blocks moving forward. I'm all for going for the highest rated/ranked RB during round 1 of next years draft. A developing franchise QB in Sanchez. A #1 WR in Holmes. A true pass catching TE in Keller. A potentially strong outside WR in Hill. What are we missing in regards to the skilled positions? An explosive running back. I'm all for the drafting of a 1st round talent. Of course we may have concerns heading into next years draft in regards to our offensive line (RT) and defense (OLB's and maybe Safety's) but I wouldn't mind us going RB during round 1 with OLB during round 2. Pace and Thomas are getting up there.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 02:01 PM.

OUR OFFENSIVE LINE'S RUN BLOCKING WAS VERY GOOD LAST YEAR

People seem to be having a hard time separating the line's performance in pass protection and the run game. They were bad in pass protection, but were very good at run blocking.

The running game's problems had far more to do with Greene than the offensive line. Greene only gets the yards that the offensive line provides for him. He doesn't make people miss and he doesn't run people over. He hasn't been the same guy that he was in his rookie year. That guy was a potential top 10 back. The guy that's been on the team for the last two years isn't.

I'm fine with giving him another shot this year, but if he doesn't improve then we need to get rid of him (not extend him).

And there's a reason why we haven't used him as a feature back. A feature back needs to be able to run, catch, and block. Greene is an average runner, a well below-average receiver, and a below-average blocker. The reason why McKnight was never able to take snaps away from LT on passing downs was because LT is one of the best pass blocking backs in the league and McKnight is another below-average blocker. And while Greene can catch the ball most of the time now, he's not a threat as a receiver. Greene vs. a linebacker is not a huge mismatch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JB1089;4502997]OUR OFFENSIVE LINE'S RUN BLOCKING WAS VERY GOOD LAST YEAR

People seem to be having a hard time separating the line's performance in pass protection and the run game. They were bad in pass protection, but were very good at run blocking.

The running game's problems had far more to do with Greene than the offensive line. Greene only gets the yards that the offensive line provides for him. He doesn't make people miss and he doesn't run people over. He hasn't been the same guy that he was in his rookie year. That guy was a potential top 10 back. The guy that's been on the team for the last two years isn't.

I'm fine with giving him another shot this year, but if he doesn't improve then we need to get rid of him (not extend him).

And there's a reason why we haven't used him as a feature back.[B] A feature back needs to be able to run, catch, and block.[/B] Greene is an average runner, a well below-average receiver, and a below-average blocker. The reason why McKnight was never able to take snaps away from LT on passing downs was because LT is one of the best pass blocking backs in the league and McKnight is another below-average blocker. And while Greene can catch the ball most of the time now, he's not a threat as a receiver. Greene vs. a linebacker is not a huge mismatch.[/QUOTE]

Adrian Peterson had 18 receptions last year does that mean he's not a feature back?? :eek:

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502954]I would also love an x-factor, game changing, freak of nature type of RB beast at the RB position myself. But I'm also thankful we have a very solid back in Shonn Greene for the time being. Some fans are completely against drafting a RB during the first round and/or second rounds, due to the fact that they're "a dime a dozen". I've always completely disagreed. Yeah, yeah, I know, guys such as Fred Jackson and Adrian Foster went undrafted etc, etc but...

[B]Reggie Bush[/B]: 1st round, 2nd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Darren McFadden[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]: 1st round, 4th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Adrian Peterson[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]: 1st round, 7th overall.
    [B]Jonathan Stewart[/B]: 1st round, 13th overall.
    [B]Rashard Mendenhall[/B]: 1st round, 23rd overall.
    [B]Willis McGahee[/B]: 1st round, 23rd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]Chris Johnson[/COLOR][/B]: 1st round, 24th overall.
    [B]Steven Jackson[/B]: 1st round, 24th overall.

[B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Matt Forte[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]: 2nd round, 44th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]LeSean McCoy[/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 53rd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Blue"]Ray Rice[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 55th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]Maurice Jones-Drew[/COLOR][/B]: 2nd round, 60th overall.

As you can see, more than half the NFL's starting RB's were drafted during either the 1st or 2nd rounds. The players highlighted in black bold print are just the players that I, myself personally, have always loved in regards to overall talent. Reggie Bush hasn't lived up to his Gale-Sayers hype, but he is an explosive athlete and a true offensive weapon coming out of the backfield. The players I have in blue? Those are blue-chip prospect who I'd love to see on the Jets. Anyone of those blue chip players would instantly turn Sanchez and the Jets offense into an explosive one. So, if you're not willing to spend a 1st round draft pick on a running back, then you have no right complaining about the ability/talent/potential of Shonn Greene. Sometimes you get what you pay for, in our case? We paid for a 3rd round talent in Shonn Greene.

With Sanchez as our Quarterback moving forward.
    John Conner as our starting/developing fullback.
    Holmes as our #1 WR.
    Hill as a potential #1/#2 wide out (We can't quit on him after only 1 year heading into next years draft).
    Kerley as our slot receiver.
    Keller as our pass catching TE (That's if we extend his contract)
    Ferguson as our Franchise LT.
    Mangold as our all-pro Center.

(8 of 11 starters mentioned).

Revis, Cromartie and Wilson as our trio of CB's.
    Bell and Landry as our two Safety's.
    Harris as our #1 IMLB.
    Bart Scott as our #2 IMLB .
    Demario Davis as a potential replacement.
    Wilkerson and Coples as our DE's.
    Pouha/Ellis as our NT's.

(9 of 11 starters mentioned).

As you can see, we do have holes (here and there), but we also have lots of building blocks moving forward. I'm all for going for the highest rated/ranked RB during round 1 of next years draft. A developing franchise QB in Sanchez. A #1 WR in Holmes. A true pass catching TE in Keller. A potentially strong outside WR in Hill. What are we missing in regards to the skilled positions? An explosive running back. I'm all for the drafting of a 1st round talent. Of course we may have concerns heading into next years draft in regards to our offensive line (RT) and defense (OLB's and maybe Safety's) but I wouldn't mind us going RB during round 1 with OLB during round 2. Pace and Thomas are getting up there.[/QUOTE]

I really liked the idea of Peyton Hillis, he signed for 1 yr 3 mil, that would have been a good low risk/high reward signing, maybe Ganaway or McKnight will be that guy if we're lucky

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4503184]I really liked the idea of Peyton Hillis, he signed for 1 yr 3 mil, that would have been a good low risk/high reward signing, maybe Ganaway or McKnight will be that guy if we're lucky[/QUOTE]

I'm really high on Joe McKnight (after watching how he performed on special teams last season) but man, that KC Chiefs offense is going to be very tough to stop.

Playmakers at every skilled position. Picking up Eric Winston at RT will become huge for that offense as well. Now that they're on the verge of getting Jamaal Charles back? A player who missed all of last season after rushing for 1,467 (6.4 yards per carry) back in only 2010? Watch out, because their backfield is loaded after the return of Charles along with the addition of Hillis. A 3 headed monster rushing attack in Charles, Hillis and Dexter McCluster. They're on the verge of featuring the NFL's most dynamic/dangerous backfield. Look for McCluster to have a special season both rushing and receiving out of the backfield. Can line that kid up everywhere as a dual threat. Getting a very solid TE in Kevin Boss should also help Cassel at quarterback. They have, in my eyes, a top 10 talent at the WR position in Dwayne Bowe. Kid can simply feast on the outside. a 6'4/230 pound 2nd year WR in Jon Baldwin who's ready to come into his own (development wise). Steve Breaston is the perfect slot WR coming off a 61 reception, 785 receiving yard type of season. This offense is young, it's blazing fast and it's explosive. All Matt Cassel has to do, is get the ball out to these guys in open space, and watch them run to daylight. The'll put points on the board without question. Too much talent on one side of the ball not to.

I also love what their doing on the defensive end of the ball, being led by blue chip prospect/talent in Safety Eric Berry. Flowers and Arenas (from what I've seen) are also decent CB's. They have three animals at LB to say the least in Derrick Johnson (IMLB) along with a great pass rushing OLB in Tamba Hali. Can't forget about IMLB Jovan Belcher either, who's only 26 years of age coming off consecutive seasons of 84+ tackles. Landing Brandon Siler as a backup MLB during the offseason was big, gave them solid depth behind Johnson/Belcher. I simply love what they've done with their defensive line over the years, it's re-vamped, being led by Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson. I almost forgot to mention, KC just drafted a DT by the name of Dontari Poe with the 11th overall pick of the 1st round. Just solidified their defensive front. Those guys are monsters on the defensive line. Also picked up Ropati Pitoitua after being released by the Jets. He could provide solid depth for their defensive front. I love the potential of their offense and am amazed at what they've done to that defense over the years. It's top 5 legit heading into 2012.

I know the Broncos have Manning and the Charges are always tough, but I think they take the AFC West this season.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 05:56 PM.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4503027]Adrian Peterson had 18 receptions last year does that mean he's not a feature back?? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Adrian Peterson has average to below-average hands for a back, but is a threat once the ball is in his hands on the outside. Greene isn't. Peterson is also a HOF level runner and a much better blocker.

He had 36 catches for 341 yards in '10 and 43 catches for 436 yards in '09. Early in his career, it was something that needed improvement, and that's why Chester Taylor had such a prominent role on the Vikings.

3 skill sets for a running back: running, receiving, blocking

Greene is average at one, and below-average at the other two. That =/= feature back.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4503219]3 skill sets for a running back: running, receiving, blocking[/QUOTE]

Can't forget about vision, durability, awareness, strength and toughness.

I've enjoyed and loved watched all-time greats such as Barry, Smith and Tomlinson over the years, but Adrian Peterson is the ultimate back. The greatest mixture of size, speed and power that I've ever seen. Also has great field vision and is one of the toughest RB's that's ever lived to play the game. He's fearless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JB1089;4503219]Adrian Peterson has average to below-average hands for a back, but is a threat once the ball is in his hands on the outside. Greene isn't. Peterson is also a HOF level runner and a much better blocker.

He had 36 catches for 341 yards in '10 and 43 catches for 436 yards in '09. Early in his career, it was something that needed improvement, and that's why Chester Taylor had such a prominent role on the Vikings.

3 skill sets for a running back: running, receiving, blocking

[B]Greene is average at one, and below-average at the other two.[/B] That =/= feature back.[/QUOTE]

And Greene was a 3rd rd pick and Peterson was the 7th pick in the first rd.. No shock there for me..

[QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4503184]I really liked the idea of Peyton Hillis, he signed for 1 yr 3 mil, that would have been a good low risk/high reward signing, maybe Ganaway or McKnight will be that guy if we're lucky[/QUOTE]

I was actually against paying for a FA RB until I saw the deal hillis...I think he is a real bargain at that price. Our front office must believe we are ok with our young backs, and I do believe we have to give these guys a chance to find out what we have, but hillis is a good player, who can catch the ball and is not expensive at $3million.

I also agree about KC looking very strong....I think they will be a playoff team. They have some good players on defense, charles and hillis are a great combo, as are bowe, baldwin, and moeki plus winston is a great addition to the line.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4503287]And Greene was a 3rd rd pick and Peterson was the 7th pick in the first rd.. No shock there for me..[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Sometimes you get what you pay for in this league, and the Jets only paid for a 3rd round running back prospect. If anyone is against drafting a RB during the 1st round (or even 2nd round), then in my eyes, they have no right to question Shonn Greene moving forward.

Reggie Bush: 1st round, 2nd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Darren McFadden[/COLOR][/B]: 1st round, 4th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Adrian Peterson:[/COLOR][/B] 1st round, 7th overall.
    Jonathan Stewart: 1st round, 13th overall.
    Rashard Mendenhall: 1st round, 23rd overall.
    Willis McGahee: 1st round, 23rd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Red"]Chris Johnson:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] 1st round, 24th overall.
    Steven Jackson: 1st round, 24th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"]
    Matt Forte:[/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 44th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"]LeSean McCoy:[/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 53rd overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Ray Rice:[/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 55th overall.
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Maurice Jones-Drew:[/COLOR][/B] 2nd round, 60th overall.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4502918]LOL.

You're just making yourself look like a dumbass.

Only YOU would read that post and pretend like you were talking about receptions and carries. What were my clues you ask? Oh let's see. The fact you specifically said [B]RUNNING GAME [/B]and [B]CARRIES [/B]in your post. :rolleyes:

Seriously STFU.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: :shakehead

Right, I'm the dumbass, I'm wrong, I'm the one who is pretending... blah blah blah

Too bad you don't even ****ing know what you are arguing about any more.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-28-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    the Jet running game's major problem last year was our OC NOT using Tomlinson as the run outside, catch passes ONLY on third down change of pace back

BUT using Tomlinson as an alternating series every down back plowing into the middle between the tackles on first and second down

AND

thus taking away those sort of carries from Shonn Greene, a running back more equipped to be a workhorse every down back and run between the tackles

Thankfully, the moron has gone off to ruin the Rams offense AND Tomlinson has retired as a Charger replaced by Sparano who knows how to run a running game and Shonn Greene ready to show how good he is when used properly in a properly coached running game

GONNA BE FUN