Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sobering Review of Shonn Greene

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4503184]I really liked the idea of Peyton Hillis, he signed for 1 yr 3 mil, that would have been a good low risk/high reward signing, maybe Ganaway or McKnight will be that guy if we're lucky[/QUOTE]
    Hillis at his best is a physical beast. Gannaway is the only one of the two who has the physical size to be a Hillis-type.

Hillis was a 7th round pick. So you never know.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4503382]

I'm the dumbass, I'm wrong, I'm the one who is pretending
    [/QUOTE]
    Someone had to say it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503557]Someone had to say it.[/QUOTE]

Except, you are the dumbass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4503560]Except, you are the dumbass.[/QUOTE]

Give it up, you are completely embarrassing youself in this thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I. Know Is I hope Sparano can Do for McKnight as he did for bush.. Cause our Run game lacks serious explosion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503563]Give it up, you are completely embarrassing youself in this thread.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502568]The Jets have about as much of a chance of winning the Super Bowl as Shaq does making a free throw.[/QUOTE]

STFU!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4503480]the Jet running game's major problem last year was our OC NOT using Tomlinson as the run outside, catch passes ONLY on third down change of pace back

BUT using Tomlinson as an alternating series every down back plowing into the middle between the tackles on first and second down

AND

thus taking away those sort of carries from Shonn Greene, a running back more equipped to be a workhorse every down back and run between the tackles

Thankfully, the moron has gone off to ruin the Rams offense AND Tomlinson has retired as a Charger replaced by Sparano who knows how to run a running game and Shonn Greene ready to show how good he is when used properly in a properly coached running game

GONNA BE FUN[/QUOTE]
    Ganaway/McKnight and Green hopefully will complement each other but naturally I'm still hoping for Ganaway to be that explosive, shifty, tough, all around type of back that would take our running game up a notch

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's a Shonn Greene interview with Jeané Coakley...

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Greene-Transitioning-Well-to-Sparanos-Offense/01180590-1024-4609-9df1-6445a8c78fa7[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    read it twice and still drunk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4503480]the Jet running game's major problem last year was our OC NOT using Tomlinson as the run outside, catch passes ONLY on third down change of pace back

BUT using Tomlinson as an alternating series every down back plowing into the middle between the tackles on first and second down

AND

thus taking away those sort of carries from Shonn Greene, a running back more equipped to be a workhorse every down back and run between the tackles

Thankfully, the moron has gone off to ruin the Rams offense AND Tomlinson has retired as a Charger replaced by Sparano who knows how to run a running game and Shonn Greene ready to show how good he is when used properly in a properly coached running game

GONNA BE FUN[/QUOTE]

I think this point is even more evident in the quick and quiet exit of bill callahan. I honestly believe he felt that schotty held the offense and particularly the running game back with his transparent play calling. Callahan tried to leave before last year and was blocked, and left at his first opportunity with no offer for the jets to promote him or negotiate....very much swept under the rug IMO

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4504009]I think this point is even more evident in the quick and quiet exit of bill callahan. I honestly believe he felt that schotty held the offense and particularly the running game back with his transparent play calling. Callahan tried to leave before last year and was blocked, and left at his first opportunity with no offer for the jets to promote him or negotiate....very much swept under the rug IMO[/QUOTE]

Callahan wanted to interview for OC position in 2011. Jets wouldn't let him. That where the bitterness comes in. More headcoaches are picked from the OC ranks, than the oline coach ranks. IF he has any ideas of being a headcoach again than you can understand why he was upset with the Jets .

The Jets did tried to sign Callahan to an extension but he refused. Chris Mortensen
    Legendary Cowboys line coach Hudson Houck retires after 29 yrs; Bill Callahan (Jets) wll replace him. #ESPN story up soon. #NFL32
    ————————————
    Tough go for the Jets. Bill Callahan has done a great job with this offensive line. Last year not so much but he’s been very consistent. Doing wonders with Nick Mangold and D’brickashaw Ferguson and more notably Matt Slauson a late round pick that he’s molded into a very solid left guard.
    I’m sure his absence will be felt and there is no real reason why Bill left. He did turn down an extension with Jets shorty after the Jets loss in Miami.
    One can speculate but no doubt this collapse in New York played a roll in his departure.

Source : Adam Schefter
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-30-2012 at 09:26 AM.