Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A bet against Sanchez making the pro bowl ...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4501448]don't have to look very hard, just type "Sanchez pro bowl" into Google.

this is from Rich Cimini, of all people: [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/9651/sanchez-a-pro-bowl-quarterback[/url]

prior to the last 3 weeks, where the offense had a complete meltdown, Sanchez had posted a combined 26 touchdowns and only 11 picks.

at that time, he was a borderline candidate.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dirtstar; that was an outstanding read and just goes to show how much overall improvements Sanchez made last season, during awful situations ala Shotty Jr as offensive coordinator, an aging Burress who was completely useless as our #2 WR between the 20's; due to the fact that he spent 3 years away from the game of football (prison), Mason being a washed up 37 year old who was released due to low production (couldn't play the game of football any longer), having to throw Sanchez' slot WR in Kerley into the fire after the release of Mason 6 weeks into the season; a raw/5th round rookie at that, Nick Mangold going down, having to "replace" Mangold while starting an undrafted rookie who wasn't even with the team during the offseason (Baxter?), not having a solid backup offensive lineman for the simple fact that A.) Vlad has busted (thus far) and B.) Turner went down before the season started etc, etc.

Regardless of what the critics may (or may not) say, Sanchez has improved each of his first 3 seasons in the league and set a career high in completion percentage, total yards, TD's and overall QB rating; despite the fact that he was surrounded by an offense with a whole lot of ****ty situation(s). Can't forget that Holmes made it even worse on Sanchez.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501500]

Sanchez has improved each of his first 3 seasons in the league and set a career high in completion percentage.

[/QUOTE]

That's the equivalent of Stokes saying he is the tallest guy at a pygmy roast.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501533]That's the equivalent of Stokes saying he is the tallest guy at a pygmy roast.[/QUOTE]

don't be a dick.

Give Sanchez 8 more years and he will be just below average.

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4501063]... bad bet ... either way you lose ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Well if we make the SB he can't play in the pro bowl. That is a win win IMO. Honestly I don't see it. Look at it like this.

For Sanchez to make it lets say this has to happen. Brady or Manning makes the SB err. Luck and Schaub miss enough games do to injury not to be invited. Let face it if Luck has an 80 QBR he likely makes it over Sanchez. See Vick, Young, Newton, Dalton ex. Manning or Brady would likely get the auto fan invite even with horrid #s. Which means Sanchez would still have to have better #s then two of Ben, Flacco, and/or Rivers. Ben has 2 young stud WRs, Flacco and Smith looked like a great combo late last year, and Rivers will do better with his current WR core. For a QB that hasn't put up an 80 QBR it will not be easy.

On a plus side so many players where yelling when Rodger wanted to cancel the pro bowl it would be pretty low brow if anyone stepped out this year. So you just may see a not so healthy Manning or Brady limp out just because.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4500883]Please just help me here. I took a solid bet against my dude who's a huge Steelers fan and he's one of the most unbias folks I've ever met. He says Sanchez will make the pro bowl this year and Jets will go 10-6 and make the playoff's. Now I normally wouldn't start a thread based on this but this kid has been correct about the most FAR-FETCHED things ever and after agreeing to the bet I questioning my decision. My bet is against Sanchez being in the pro bowl no matter what even if he's a sub/thrown in cause someone is either in superbowl or someone got injured. Please my fellow Jet fans and Pat trolls reassure me how I'm making a solid bet against Sanchez not making the pro bowl. I mean you can't predict these things but what the hell would have to happen for him to actually make it?

Now let me say this. I think Sanchez will have a decent year and I'm not against the Jets even possibly being a surprise elite team. I think he's capable of being a solid starter but with the focus on the running attack and the weapons around him I just don't see how he can make the pro bowl.[/QUOTE]

At this point its safe to say you are CORRECT.. but Tebow will have a good year.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4501448]don't have to look very hard, just type "Sanchez pro bowl" into Google.

this is from Rich Cimini, of all people: [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/9651/sanchez-a-pro-bowl-quarterback[/url]

prior to the last 3 weeks, where the offense had a complete meltdown, Sanchez had posted a combined 26 touchdowns and only 11 picks.

at that time, he was a borderline candidate.[/QUOTE]

Damn I wonder how much better he could have looked if he had been protected better and had a running game at least in the top half of the league.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;4501555]don't be a dick.

Give Sanchez 8 more years and he will be just below average.[/QUOTE]

That's the equivalent of a dick telling a dick not to be a dick.