Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A bet against Sanchez making the pro bowl ...

Banned
    Anything is possible in football. Peyton Manning could struggle being in Denver, a new offense, after coming off a serious season ending neck injury. Rivers and Roethlisberger could have wild/up and down seasons, Andy Dalton could fall flat on his face during his 2nd season while regressing from his rookie year and a turning 35 year old Brady (in August) could begin to decline some what. It's only a matter of time before Brady hits the wall. It's only a question of when. Mark Sanchez could actually become "that" quarterback who breaks out this season, the league takes note, he sky rockets the rankings and lands a pro bowl spot. Only time will tell, but I wouldn't bet against this kid.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501156]Anything is possible in football. Peyton Manning could struggle being in Denver, a new offense, after coming off a serious season ending neck injury. Rivers and Roethlisberger could have wild/up and down seasons, Andy Dalton could fall flat on his face during his 2nd season while regressing from his rookie year and a turning 35 year old Brady (in August) could begin to decline some what. It's only a matter of time before Brady hits the wall. It's only a question of when. Mark Sanchez could actually become "that" quarterback who breaks out this season, the league takes note, he sky rockets the rankings and lands a pro bowl spot. Only time will tell, but I wouldn't bet against this kid.[/QUOTE]

Keep rubbing your crystal ball, because none of those things will hapen this year, especially Sanchez becoming "that" QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Edit.

How did this post end up in this thread???????
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-26-2012 at 01:28 PM.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4501165]The Pats offense isn't "explosive" by the traditional definition. Rather, it is a painfully efficient, well-tuned machine.

By "explosive" he means "big play". Like the 50 yd bombs they used to throw when they had Moss.

But what the exec failed to realize is that the Pats can throw a 10 yd pass to Welker, Hernandez or Gronk and that can turn into a 50 yd play. The ball doesn't need to travel 50 yds in the air to have a big play for the Pats.[/QUOTE]

That had a lot to do with the incompetence of Ocho and the decline of Branch. I would expect that to change with the additions of Lloyd and Gaffney as the top 2 wideouts, and McDaniels back running the show. Pats will go deep this year.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501156]Anything is possible in football. Peyton Manning could struggle being in Denver, a new offense, after coming off a serious season ending neck injury. Rivers and Roethlisberger could have wild/up and down seasons, Andy Dalton could fall flat on his face during his 2nd season while regressing from his rookie year and a turning 35 year old Brady (in August) could begin to decline some what. It's only a matter of time before Brady hits the wall. It's only a question of when. Mark Sanchez could actually become "that" quarterback who breaks out this season, the league takes note, he sky rockets the rankings and lands a pro bowl spot. Only time will tell, but I wouldn't bet against this kid.[/QUOTE]

You're right, if every top AFC QB suddenly sucks this upcoming season, and Sanchez suddenly becomes amazing, he could make the Pro Bowl. I agree.

Banned
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4501169]That had a lot to do with the incompetence of Ocho and the decline of Branch. I would expect that to change with the additions of Lloyd and Gaffney as the top 2 wideouts, and McDaniels back running the show. Pats will go deep this year.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we have to keep in mind... It's only a matter of time before Brady starts to decline/regress before near retirement. Yes, he's an all-time great, he's coming off another great season last year, but he's no longer a young quarterback enjoying his golden years of 20's quarterback, he's not even a younger 30 anymore... He'll be turning 35 years old in August. The end is near for Tom Brady and especially this Patriots franchise. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brady begin to decline this up coming season.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501174]Yes, but we have to keep in mind... It's only a matter of time before Brady starts to decline/regress before retirement. Yes, he's an all-time great, he's coming off another great season last year, but he's no longer a young quarterback enjoying his golden years of 20's quarterback, he's not even a younger 30 anymore... He'll be turning 35 years old in August. The end is near for Tom Brady and especially this Patriots franchise. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brady begin to decline this up coming season.[/QUOTE]

You've been saying Brady's skills are declining for what, 4 years now? I guess if you say it long enough you'll eventually be right.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4500937]Brady
    Manning
    Big Ben
    Schaub
    Dalton

Does your "friend" happen to be in the market for a bridge? I have one that I've been looking to get rid of.

P.S. Nice pep-rally thread.[/QUOTE]

You're really going to put Dalton on that list over Philip Rivers? Really?

Guys like Dalton and Freeman are insanely overrated.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I thought Goodell got rid of the pro-bowl? :confused:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Austin;4501176]Guys like Dalton and Freeman are insanely overrated.[/QUOTE]

Freeman is vastly overrated, but Dalton looks like he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Reminds me a lot of Pennington before the injuries.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501174]Yes, but we have to keep in mind... It's only a matter of time before Brady starts to decline/regress before near retirement. Yes, he's an all-time great, he's coming off another great season last year, but he's no longer a young quarterback enjoying his golden years of 20's quarterback, he's not even a younger 30 anymore... He'll be turning 35 years old in August. The end is near for Tom Brady and especially this Patriots franchise. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brady begin to decline this up coming season.[/QUOTE]

Yes, at some point he is going to get really old and decline in performance. Sooner rather than later. Again, I agree with everything you said, Mr. Obvious. ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4501175]You've been saying Brady's skills are declining for what, 4 years now? I guess if you say it long enough you'll eventually be right.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. The only time I've ever questioned Brady, is after his season ending injury, the following season I questioned how he'd respond/return from injury. I was wrong, he's came back stronger than ever each of the past 3 seasons. I've never once questioned his age though, because there's never been any reason to do so. But now, Brady is on the verge of turning 35 years old a little over a month from today. Once a quarterback turns 35, age becomes an issue. The end is near.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4501178]Freeman is vastly overrated, but Dalton looks like he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Reminds me a lot of Pennington before the injuries.[/QUOTE]

Freeman's in the NFC? But I agree, Dalton had a tremendous rookie season. He and AJ Green having a promising future as a tandem. Also, Rivers is incredibly underrated because of his team's failures and a poor recent season. Prior to last year he put up 3 consecutive seasons of 100+ QB rating. That's insane. I mean, he has Norv Turner as his coach... what can you really expect from him?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Austin;4501176]You're really going to put Dalton on that list over Philip Rivers? Really?

Guys like Dalton and Freeman are insanely overrated.[/QUOTE]

:O

Shame on me. I forgot Rivers. I knew I was forgetting someone.

My point was that all the QBs I mentioned were more likely to make the Pro Bowl than Sanchez.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4501190]:O

Shame on me. I forgot Rivers. I knew I was forgetting someone.

My point was that all the QBs I mentioned were more likely to make the Pro Bowl than Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, although I still think there's a good chance Dalton takes a step back this year -- I could see him having a Bradfordeque regression... At the end of year one everyone thinks he's the next big thing, at the end of year two everyone is writing him off and saying he sucks.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4501185]Freeman's in the NFC? But I agree, Dalton had a tremendous rookie season. He and AJ Green having a promising future as a tandem. Also, Rivers is incredibly underrated because of his team's failures and a poor recent season. Prior to last year he put up 3 consecutive seasons of 100+ QB rating. That's insane. I mean, he has Norv Turner as his coach... what can you really expect from him?[/QUOTE]

Disagree on Dalton, totally agree of Rivers.

Rivers was REALLY good from 2007-2010 and suddenly after one down season everyone and their mom has jumped ship. I still think he was playing injured and will come back with a vengeance this year.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4501178]Freeman is vastly overrated, but Dalton looks like he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Reminds me a lot of Pennington before the injuries.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the Pennington assessment in that he will hit his ceiling entirely early in his career

All Pro
    Most 1st year QBs will regress slightly, and at least one 3rd or 4th year QB will take a big step up. Sanchez as as good a chance as any since he's having an offense philosophy brought in just to suit his strengths. Anyway there's reason to be optimistic. If you're aren't then that's on you, and I see no reason to bring the rest of us down. Don't take it personal. Some of you act like believing Sanchez will turn things around in a big way is an insult to you personally

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501181]You're wrong. The only time I've ever questioned Brady, is after his season ending injury, the following season I questioned how he'd respond/return from injury. I was wrong, he's came back stronger than ever each of the past 3 seasons. I've never once questioned his age though, because there's never been any reason to do so. But now, Brady is on the verge of turning 35 years old a little over a month from today. Once a quarterback turns 35, age becomes an issue. The end is near.[/QUOTE]

So, the guy who loves to twist stats to bolster weak arguments, while ignoring others that don't fit, is ignoring the fact that Brady just had statistically the second best season for a QB [I]in history[/I]. But the end is near.

What a surprise.

Banned
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4501232]So, the guy who loves to twist stats to bolster weak arguments, while ignoring others that don't fit, is ignoring the fact that Brady just had statistically the second best season for a QB [I]in history[/I]. But the end is near.

What a surprise.[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying that Tom Brady will perform at an elite level of play at the age of 38 and into his 40's? If so, give me 10 examples of HOF QB's who've performed at a high level of play after the age of 38. If not, I'm correct; the end is near. He's a 35 year old quarterback who's on the verge (like it or not) of near retirement.

I know it must hurt Patriot fans just thinking about it, but once Brady either declines or retires, chances are Bill Belichick will also retire, and after that? The Patriots (as a franchise) go back to being 'that team' of the AFC East that fans no longer care enough to even talk about anymore. Just like it's always been.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.