Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A bet against Sanchez making the pro bowl ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501248]So, are you saying that Tom Brady will perform at an elite level of play at the age of 38 and into his 40's? [B]If so, give me 10 examples [/B]of HOF QB's who've performed at a high level of play after the age of 38. If not, I'm correct; the end is near. He's a 35 year old quarterback who's on the verge (like it or not) of near retirement.

I know it must hurt Patriot fans just thinking about it, but once Brady either declines or retires, chances are Bill Belichick will also retire, and after that? The Patriots (as a franchise) go back to being 'that team' of the AFC East that fans no longer care enough to even talk about anymore. Just like it's always been.[/QUOTE]

You are intolerable with your endless requests for lists. The "Brady window" is closing, everybody knows that, but your assertion that the Pats are destined for mediocrity in his absence is baseless and without merit.

You are very adept at couching your extremely biased and homerific viewpoints in authoritative, objective-sounding prose, however. For that effort I applaud you.

As I said in a previous post, you could make the Cleveland Browns sound like Super Bowl favorites with the right mix of stats and phrases. Doesn't make you right, though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501181] Once a quarterback turns 35, age becomes an issue. The end is near.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that at age 34, Brady threw for over 5,000 yards and 30 TD's while leading the Pats to another Super Bowl appearance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501276]You do realize that at age 34, Brady threw for over 5,000 yards and 30 TD's while leading the Pats to another Super Bowl appearance.[/QUOTE]

But he failed, and couldn't win the big game. That's the only thing that Brady's season boiled down to last season, is that he failed during the super bowl and lost to Eli Manning for the 2nd time. Who's to say that, at the age of 35 years old, that Brady doesn't have a SB hangover type of season?

All I'm saying is this, it's not a knock on Sanchez that he's not expected to make a trip to the pro bowl heading into only his 4th season, not with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers are all great quarterbacks in their own right. If Mark Sanchez doesn't make the pro bowl, big deal.

But it's foolish to act as if Dalton can't have a sophomore slump ala falling flat on his face, that Roethlisberger/Rivers don't exactly have career years, Manning struggles inside a new Denver offense after missing all of last season due to a season ending neck injury, or that even Tom Brady takes a big decline when compared to his great performance/production of last season as a 35 year old quarterback and last but not least... Mark Sanchez can have a very strong season, especially considering the fact that A.) He's improved each of his first 3 seasons since being drafted and B.) An offensive coordinator who's an upgrade over Shotty Jr, and an offensive coordinator in Sparano who may actually put Sanchez in best possible position to succeed.

The way PatsFanTx post(s), is simple minded.

Brady will have another all-time great season at the age of 35.

Manning will return to Indy form and light the entire league up as a 36 year old.

Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger will both have amazing seasons.

Andy Dalton will become the next coming of Joe Montana during his 2nd season.

And Mark Sanchez will be ran out of the league due to Ryan Leaf type of production/performance.

You're such a tool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if Brady tosses 20% fewer TD's and 20% more INT's this year than last year, that's still 31 / 14.

Sure, it might be well down on last year, and "the end" may be coming, but I'd still take that from my QB any day.

Sanchez has a chance to be in the top 5 AFC QB's this year, if he can cut the turnovers and take fewer sacks. Although we're going to run the ball more, they won't stop passing - if the run works it should make things easier for the QB to take his shots down field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501292]

Brady will have another all-time great season at the age of 35.

Manning will return to Indy form and light the entire league up as a 36 year old.

Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger will both have amazing seasons.

Andy Dalton will become the next coming of Joe Montana during his 2nd season.

And Mark Sanchez will be ran out of the league due to Ryan Leaf type of production/performance.

[/QUOTE]

First time I have ever agreed with you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4501219]Most 1st year QBs will regress slightly, and at least one 3rd or 4th year QB will take a big step up. Sanchez as as good a chance as any since he's having an offense philosophy brought in just to suit his strengths. Anyway there's reason to be optimistic. If you're aren't then that's on you, and I see no reason to bring the rest of us down. Don't take it personal. Some of you act like believing Sanchez will turn things around in a big way is an insult to you personally[/QUOTE]

+1

Well said.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly has Tom Brady done ON THE FIELD to make anyone believe that he will decline? His last two years are among the best of his career. I am supposed to believe that he is going to decline because he had a birthday?

I will put up with people thinking Manning is in decline b.c he had an injury. But there is absolutely no reason to think Brady is going to decline. None.

Sure there will be a day when father time catches him, but we might not even get to see it. And he has lost a little on his fastball. But he is far from decline.

IMO I do not think we will ever see Tom Brady enter his decline. I think he is the type of guy who will leave on his own terms and on top.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he makes the Pro Bowl. Now, maybe he gets the Vince Young treatment, where he's the sixth or seventh rated QB and four back out, but I doubt that happens again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4501366]There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he makes the Pro Bowl. Now, maybe he gets the Vince Young treatment, where he's the sixth or seventh rated QB and four back out, but I doubt that happens again.[/QUOTE]

You just said there's a snowball's chance in hell, which means it's impossible. Then you said it is possible. The Vince Young treatment happens all the time. In fact I think most years at least 2 QBs decline an invite. I remember Dave Craig made the pro bowl in a year he had, I think 18 fumbles. Ken O'Brien went one year as the I think the 5th option. So why do you need to start the post with a statement like that unless you're looking for confrontation? Weren't you one of the guys complaining about Rex and his mouth?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4501365]What exactly has Tom Brady done ON THE FIELD to make anyone believe that he will decline? His last two years are among the best of his career. I am supposed to believe that he is going to decline because he had a birthday?

I will put up with people thinking Manning is in decline b.c he had an injury. But there is absolutely no reason to think Brady is going to decline. None.

Sure there will be a day when father time catches him, but we might not even get to see it. And he has lost a little on his fastball. But he is far from decline.

IMO I do not think we will ever see Tom Brady enter his decline. I think he is the type of guy who will leave on his own terms and on top.[/QUOTE]

That is something I would like to bet on. I think Brady will hang on until they have push him off. Not saying it will happen soon, but he doesn't strike me as the type to move on. He's a little too vain for that. What's he going to do, little dog shows? I sure do hope to see it. Probably end up playing for KC, hopefully with a comb over. It does happen overnight usually btw. Game of inches and all that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501248]So, are you saying that Tom Brady will perform at an elite level of play at the age of 38 and into his 40's? If so, [B]give me 10 examples of HOF QB's[/B] who've performed at a high level of play after the age of 38. [B]If not, I'm correct;[/B] the end is near. He's a 35 year old quarterback who's on the verge (like it or not) of near retirement.

I know it must hurt Patriot fans just thinking about it, but once Brady either declines or retires, chances are Bill Belichick will also retire, and after that? The Patriots (as a franchise) go back to being 'that team' of the AFC East that fans no longer care enough to even talk about anymore. Just like it's always been.[/QUOTE]

Will you ever grow up and stop being such a tool with these list demands? Just because I [U]refuse [/U]to jump through your silly hoops doesn't make you correct about [U]anything[/U].

Brady just barely lost his 4th and 5th Super Bowls. The last one, at age 34, happened after he put up the second best numbers than ANY QB in history. If Welker makes a somewhat difficult catch, one that he said himself he makes 99% of the time, then Brady has another ring.

Everyone knows that at some point Brady will have to hang up the cleats. But your assertion that his ability is going to disappear because his birthday is coming up this August, and that you are cocksure that BB will retire once Brady does, and that the Pats will be irrelevant thereafter, are just speculation and worthless empty wishes with no basis in fact. List me 2500 predictions that you made last season that have all come 100% true. If you can't, then I am correct.

There's nothing wrong with your passion and optimism. But your constant berating of ANYBODY who disagrees with your viewpoint, and your insistence of demanding stupid lists and spewing copious text of endless stats, is what got you banned here in the first place, 3, 4, 5 times?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4501366]There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he makes the Pro Bowl. Now, maybe he gets the Vince Young treatment, where he's the sixth or seventh rated QB and four back out, but I doubt that happens again.[/QUOTE]

bull****.

he was a borderline candidate last year up until Week 14.

if he turns a few of his INTs into completions, he has a pretty good shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4501381]That is something I would like to bet on. I think Brady will hang on until they have push him off. Not saying it will happen soon, but he doesn't strike me as the type to move on.[B] He's a little too vain for that[/B]. What's he going to do, little dog shows? I sure do hope to see it. Probably end up playing for KC, hopefully with a comb over. It does happen overnight usually btw. Game of inches and all that.[/QUOTE]

I think you are letting your hatred for Brady and the Pats blind your opinion. Which is fine. I will never get in the way of Patriot bashing.

But

If Brady hangs on too long, it will be b.c he is such a fierce competitor. I think the last thing Brady is as a FOOTBALL PLAYER is vain. Lets leave Giselle and personal life out of this. Not for nothing but if anybody is vain, it is Sanchez with his GQ spreads and such. At least Brady won before he did any of that garbage. Brady may have a super model wife and be the most handsome player in the NFL but he is far from being a pretty boy prima donna. He is tough as they come. Sure he has whined for some roughing calls but every QB does that today.

I hope to see it as well. But it will be very unlikely. To this point there is no evidence to support a decline other than saying that it will eventually happen b.c of father time.

I am willing to say that barring injury, he has a minimum of 3 top years left.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4501408]bull****.

he was a [B]borderline candidate[/B] last year up until Week 14.

if he turns a few of his INTs into completions, he has a pretty good shot.[/QUOTE]

This is the first I have heard of this.

The only way Sanchez was going to the Pro Bowl last year was if he bought a ticket or every QB ahead of him backed out.

It is going to be very hard for him ever to make a Pro Bowl even if he plays well. I do not think he will ever have the passing numbers as some of the other QBs. Some of that will not be his fault. Jets are a defensive team and they play in the Meadowlands which is not QB friendly.

We don't need him to be a Pro Bowler, we need him to turn some of his INTs into completions, as you said. If he controls what he can control and minimizes his own mistakes then I think we will be OK. He does not need to put up Brees' numbers for this team to be good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4501420]This is the first I have heard of this.

The only way Sanchez was going to the Pro Bowl last year was if he bought a ticket or every QB ahead of him backed out.

[/QUOTE]

don't have to look very hard, just type "Sanchez pro bowl" into Google.

this is from Rich Cimini, of all people: [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/9651/sanchez-a-pro-bowl-quarterback[/url]

prior to the last 3 weeks, where the offense had a complete meltdown, Sanchez had posted a combined 26 touchdowns and only 11 picks.

at that time, he was a borderline candidate.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4501448]

prior to the last 3 weeks, where the offense had a complete meltdown, Sanchez had posted a combined 26 touchdowns and only 11 picks.

at that time, he was a borderline candidate.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the NFL season isn't only 13 games.

Sanchez crapped the bed when the Jets needed him the most.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501453]Too bad the NFL season isn't only 13 games.

Sanchez crapped the bed when the Jets needed him the most.[/QUOTE]

Along with the rest of the team.

And those 10 come from behind wins.

Oh, except during the playoffs, when they needed the defense the most in the championship games.

Too soon?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4501453]Too bad the NFL season isn't only 13 games.

Sanchez crapped the bed when the Jets needed him the most.[/QUOTE]

have i suggested otherwise?

just saying it's not some outlandish notion to say that Sanchez could make the Pro Bowl, when he had an outside shot as late as Week 14 there in 2011.

now crawl back in your faphole before DWC pwns your old ass again :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4501232]So, the guy who loves to twist stats to bolster weak arguments, while ignoring others that don't fit, is [B]ignoring the fact that Brady just had statistically the second best season for a QB[/B] [I]in history[/I]. But the end is near.

What a surprise.[/QUOTE]

Brady wasn't even statistically the 2nd best QB in the NFL this season?

As far as him getting old? Maybe, but Jets fans thinking once he's gone the Pats are doomed is laughable. It's sort of like saying once Revis is gone, the Jets defense is doomed under Rex. Rex is a great defensive coach... BB is a great coach period. He'll find a way to get it done with no Brady, he already did once.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4500883]Please just help me here. I took a solid bet against my dude who's a huge Steelers fan and he's one of the most unbias folks I've ever met. He says Sanchez will make the pro bowl this year and Jets will go 10-6 and make the playoff's. Now I normally wouldn't start a thread based on this but this kid has been correct about the most FAR-FETCHED things ever and after agreeing to the bet I questioning my decision. My bet is against Sanchez being in the pro bowl no matter what even if he's a sub/thrown in cause someone is either in superbowl or someone got injured. Please my fellow Jet fans and Pat trolls reassure me how I'm making a solid bet against Sanchez not making the pro bowl. I mean you can't predict these things but what the hell would have to happen for him to actually make it?

Now let me say this. I think Sanchez will have a decent year and I'm not against the Jets even possibly being a surprise elite team. I think he's capable of being a solid starter but with the focus on the running attack and the weapons around him I just don't see how he can make the pro bowl.[/QUOTE]

No worries, you are absolutely correct. Sanchez has a vagina and he'll be lucky to rid himself of the yeast infection he's suffering through right now.

Carry on