Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tebow shows More Class than his Boosters on JI

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow shows More Class than his Boosters on JI

Here is Tebow showing what a real team guy he is. I am now gald he he is on the Jets and I honestly feel he has helped them already by forcing Sanchez to be even more focused.....

Here is the artcle:

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/25/tebow-says-hes-not-rooting-for-sanchez-to-get-benched/[/url]

[B]Tebow says he’s not rooting for Sanchez to get benched[/B]
    Posted by Michael David Smith on June 25, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT

If Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez plays well this year, Tim Tebow won’t get a chance to start. So does that mean Tebow is rooting for Sanchez to fail, and get benched?

Not according to Tebow, who unsurprisingly says he wants Sanchez to do well, even if that means Tebow remains a backup.

“We have a great relationship, on and off the field,” Tebow said of Sanchez, via GatorZone.com. “It’s really very easy to say I am rooting for him. I will not root against him. I wish him nothing but the best. Now, that doesn’t mean I have to try any less, but I really think he’s done a great job. They’ve been in the AFC Championship Game twice he’s been there. He’s a good quarterback and he’ll continue to work hard and be the best he can.”

Tebow does want to become a starting quarterback again, but he said he believes he has to get better at “everything” about playing quarterback in the NFL.

“I think understanding offense very well, that’ll be a key. And just continuing to work on fundamentals,” Tebow said. “[B]My biggest weakness has probably been fundamentals. The offense we ran at Florida, I had great fundamentals for that, with my feet. Now, being under center, play-action, seven-step drops, being in the pocket, it’s different. The great quarterbacks aren’t necessarily super-athletic, but they have great rhythm and timing because of their feet. . . . Sometimes I want to go so fast, so having rhythm and timing is something I need to work on every day.”[/B]

Anyone who’s watched Tebow would agree that he has to get better as a passer. But it might take only a bad game or two early in the season for the Jets’ coaches to decide that Tebow is already a better quarterback than Sanchez.

I also noted how much more class Tebow displayed than even the writer of this article!!!

The last line of the article shows just how silly many in the media actually are but that is besides the point Tebow is a good guy and I now think we are lucky to have him...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone has ever questioned Tim Tebow as a person.

Hopefully he lights a fire under this team. Players see him working hard and that will make them work hard. I hope Sanchez rises to the occasion and plays well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did it mention anything about him working on his blocking, and pass catching skills?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Tebow and think he brings alot of positives to this team with his work ethic, leadership skills, play making ability when he has the ball in his hands, etc and definitely am not rooting against him.

That being said I am 100% backing Sanchez as our starting QB and believe he has what it takes to lead this team to the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and will continue to improve as a NFL QB and make plays to win games.

I can't speak for others, but just cause I am in the Sanchez camp for the starting QB spot doesn't make me want to root against or see Tebow fail......I just think Sanchez is the better QB for this team.

Sent from my LG-P999

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4500929]Did it mention anything about him working on his blocking, and pass catching skills?[/QUOTE]

I don't know why he's talking about quarterbacking, he should be talking about fullbacking and punt protecting, those are his only jobs according to some here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prophets have said that the Antichrist will initially come as a figure of peace, and will lure many into his fold before revealing his true self.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would our backup fullback be rooting against our starting quarterback?

I'll never understand where these reporters come up with these questions.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;4501095]I like Tebow and think he brings alot of positives to this team with his work ethic, leadership skills, play making ability when he has the ball in his hands, etc and definitely am not rooting against him.

That being said I am 100% backing Sanchez as our starting QB and believe he has what it takes to lead this team to the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and will continue to improve as a NFL QB and make plays to win games.

I can't speak for others, but just cause I am in the Sanchez camp for the starting QB spot doesn't make me want to root against or see Tebow fail......I just think Sanchez is the better QB for this team.

Sent from my LG-P999[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jet fans complain about Mark's accuracy/completion percentage? Just watch Tebow throw the ball, it's no secret why his accuracy is awful and his completion percentage was pretty much ranked dead last. I do believe that he'll make for and develop into a great overall football player though, someone we can line up all over the field. Fullback, Blocking TE, Pass catching TE, HB, backup quarterback and more importantly?

The center piece of a Tony Sparano wildcat formation. Miami's Wildcat formation was very tough to stop with Sparano running the show. Denver's Wildcat was tough to stop because of Tebow being able to both run and pass. Sparano and Tebow are the perfect fit/match/combo/1-2 punch in regards to running an unstoppable Wildcat formation. Tebow ran for 660 yards with an average of 5.4 yards per carry last season, to go along with 6 rushing TD's. That was behind Denver's offensive line, which can't compare to the Jets offensive line. 6' 3", 240 pound Mack Truck in Tebow, rushing behind one of the greatest Center's around in Nick Mangold? Forget about it. We can use Tebow on 1st and 10 to set up 2nd and 6, 2nd and 5 types of situations for Sanchez and our Jets offense. We can use Tebow on 2nd and short and/or 3rd and short types of situations. We'll get that extra yard or two, without question. And when opposing D's are so set on stuffing the run on 3rd and short situations, where they're stacking 9 in the box? Tebow without question, can find a wide open WR streaking for a BIG play.

I love everything about this Tebow signing, and this is coming from a Sanchez supporter/believer. He's more than just a quarterback, he's a football player.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow = Cowbell

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0&feature=related[/URL]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501149]Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jet fans complain about Mark's accuracy/completion percentage? Just watch Tebow throw the ball, it's no secret why his accuracy is awful and his completion percentage was pretty much ranked dead last. I do believe that he'll make for and develop into a great overall football player though, someone we can line up all over the field. Fullback, Blocking TE, Pass catching TE, HB, backup quarterback and more importantly?

The center piece of a Tony Sparano wildcat formation. Miami's Wildcat formation was very tough to stop with Sparano running the show. Denver's Wildcat was tough to stop because of Tebow being able to both run and pass. Sparano and Tebow are the perfect fit/match/combo/1-2 punch in regards to running an unstoppable Wildcat formation. Tebow ran for 660 yards with an average of 5.4 yards per carry last season, to go along with 6 rushing TD's. That was behind Denver's offensive line, which can't compare to the Jets offensive line. 6' 3", 240 pound Mack Truck in Tebow, rushing behind one of the greatest Center's around in Nick Mangold? Forget about it. We can use Tebow on 1st and 10 to set up 2nd and 6, 2nd and 5 types of situations for Sanchez and our Jets offense. We can use Tebow on 2nd and short and/or 3rd and short types of situations. We'll get that extra yard or two, without question. And when opposing D's are so set on stuffing the run on 3rd and short situations, where they're stacking 9 in the box? Tebow without question, can find a wide open WR streaking for a BIG play.

I love everything about this Tebow signing, and this is coming from a Sanchez supporter/believer. He's more than just a quarterback, he's a football player.[/QUOTE]

I'm still questioning how effective Tebow will be as a straight up "fullback". Sure, he's big and he had a nice ypc average, but in my opinion, much of that is due to running option. They dynamics change when you drop into a straight I formation or single back set, and have a "conventional" QB handing the ball off to you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Tebow shows More Class than his Boosters [b]and haters[/b] on JI.[/QUOTE]

FIXED.

Despite what anyone says - including Tebow himself - his goal is to be a starter and nothing less.

If after '12, TT isn't happy with his role in NY he'll demand a trade so he can start elsewhere. Simple as that.

Given all options, I think he's the best backup QB available, before and now.

I'm still not sold on Sparano or DeGugli's OL and until then God only knows.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4501215]FIXED.

Despite what anyone says - including Tebow himself - his goal is to be a starter and nothing less.

If after '12, TT isn't happy with his role in NY he'll demand a trade so he can start elsewhere. Simple as that.

Given all options, I think he's the best backup QB available, before and now.

I'm still not sold on Sparano or DeGugli's OL and until then Tebow only knows.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, yeah Lucy, and Mark is a lot more tolerant of Tim as a Jet QB than most who start threads like this one on LS.
    So what? I'll let you know in a classey NY second.....

[U]Trivia that ya'll should just skip, it's to boring to bother with,,, that said:[/U]

Tim came to UF with a friend of his telling a story about Tim throwing a football into the endzone from the 50 yard line while on one knee, when he was 12 years old in PeeWee Football. Naw, never happened, right?

Then the first time that Tim walked out on the field in the SWAMP in his street shoes, just for fun, he chunked one 70+ yards into the endzone.

Later on, nobody would believe what Tim did when he arrived at UF in Jan of his Sr HS year, he was an early enrollee at UF. The coaches came into the weight room and found Tim working with 435 LBs on the Bench.
    They about jumped out of their shoes. They were worried that it might hurt his flexibility so they [U]restricted Tim to no more than 400 LBs[/U] after that.
    [I](that's never been heard of before for ANY QB, anywhere, at any level)[/I]

At the NFL Combine, Tim did several more bench reps than #1 draft pick DT N.Sue did, and more than any other QB in NFL Combine history.

[B]Will they never learn?[/B]

[B]From the NY Post[/B]

The backup quarterback continues to impress teammates and coaches. Ryan told a story Thursday about a lineman challenging Tebow to a strength contest in the weight room. ([I]silly boy[/I]) Both players had to hold sledgehammers out to the side of their bodies for as long as they could. Tebow topped the unidentified ([I]and embarrassed[/I]) lineman by 14 seconds. (so much for Tim's [I]'weak arm'[/I] I guess)

* Tim didn't hold the sledgehammer out for 14 seconds, he held it out for 14 [B]MORE[/B] seconds than the lineman did that had issued the challenge. :eek:

[B]“This guy is crazy with how strong he is and the kind of focus [he has],” Ryan said. (just ask Revis)[/B]

They ALL believe those stories now. :yes:
    ============

I personally believe that some of the wobble and occasional inaccuracy comes from Tim having to [I]'take something off'[/I] of nearly every pass that he throws. A roped bullet pass from 20 yds or less could break an arm, and he can still overthrow all but the very fastest WR's on a go route.

That 80 yard Playoff OT TD throw was not Tim's first by a long shot.
    He had the 2nd longest TD Pass (80 yds) in the Sugar Bowl history (Jan 2010) to WR Riley Cooper (now with the Raiders), and most of it was in the air on a sideline streak.

Start Mark, play Tim, then let the chips fall where they may. I'm good with either of them leading the team and/or both playing during games if they are winning. No matter what any of us say or want to happen, it will ultimately be settled on the field by the Jets team, just as it should be. :yes:

PS

Just to rattle the haters that claim that Tim can't throw the ball:
    Tebow's first 16 starts plus 23 backup plays = 19 TD's to 9 Ints for a 2.11 to 1 Ratio and 15.4 yds/comp.
    Sanchez's first 16 starts as a Jet starter = 12 TD's to 20 Ints for a 0.60 to 1 Ratio and 12.5 yds/comp.

Now tell me again which one can't throw the ball, and get it to the [I]'correct' [/I]person?

Tebow has only had 9 Int's in 400 attempts, but he can't read a defense or make an accurate throw,,, whaterver. :rolleyes:
    One thrown in the dirt is the same as one thrown out of bounds, except that the one out of bounds gives the receiver zero chance to make a big play.

And which of them had the better and more experienced receivers to throw the ball to?
    Mark is completing only 7 more passes per 100 than Tim is, not really much of a difference, but only if you ignore the actual outcomes of the throws.

15.4 yds/comp -- 5.4 ypc --- 6.6 yds per play overall with a winning record on an otherwise 4-14 team,,,, what a bum! :rolleyes:

To end on a more positive note, many have come around already, and many more will jump on the new Jets bus once it gets rolling. :cool:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow sucks as a QB dude... Nothing you say will ever change the opinion of 99.6% of people that watch football religiously...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4501550]Tebow sucks as a QB dude... Nothing you say will ever change the opinion of 99.6% of people that watch football religiously...[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean the 99.6% of those that are as stupid as you are?

Tebow's Football history is there for anyone not to dumb or lazy to look at it.

The proof is in the winning, something that someone like yourself is probably not familiar with.

PeeWee - A winner

Florida 4A HS, Record Setting State Champion

D1 College in the SEC, Record Setting 2x BCS-NC, only 3x Heisman Finalist in NCAA History

NFL, Team and NFL Record setting Playoff winner.

So yep, he's just another run of the mill sucky [B]Record Setting Champion, [/B]unlike a hateful loser like yourself. :yes:

Now you have yo-self a real nice evening, ya-hear.... :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4501564]Don't you mean the 99.6% of those that are as stupid as you are?

Tebow's Football history is there for anyone not to dumb or lazy to look at it.

The proof is in the winning, something that someone like yourself is probably not familiar with.

PeeWee - A winner

Florida 4A HS, Record Setting State Champion

D1 College in the SEC, Record Setting 2x BCS-NC, only 3x Heisman Finalist in NCAA History

NFL, Team and NFL Record setting Playoff winner.

So yep, he's just another run of the mill sucky [B]Record Setting Champion, [/B]unlike a hateful loser like yourself. :yes:

Now you have yo-self a real nice evening, ya-hear.... :cool:[/QUOTE]

GFY

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4501564]
    Tebow's Football history is there for anyone not to dumb or lazy to look at it.[/QUOTE]

I stopped here. The irony was TOO strong...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow haters probably come as two different types:

Type 1 - Sanches girl/boy friends who are scared chit-less that Mark is about to lose his job.

Type 2 - Anti-religious bigots that wish that EVIL could just go ahead and rule the world, they really hate anyone that does good things.

BTW, which type do you two fall into? :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4501576]Tebow haters probably come as two different types:

Type 1 - Sanches girl/boy friends who are scared chit-less that Mark is about to lose his job.

Type 2 - Anti-religious bigots that wish that EVIL could just go ahead and rule the world, they really hate anyone that does good things.

BTW, which type do you two fall into? :yes:[/QUOTE]

Type 3 - One of the many who hate the ridiculously over the top teenage drama queens that follow him around like a lost puppy...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4501581]Type 3 - One of the many who hate the ridiculously over the top teenage drama queens that follow him around like a lost puppy...[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, so yours is a Type 3 Negative then.

Is that worn on a tag around your scrawny neck so that you can be identified by the Type 1's & 2's? :yes: