Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: As Campaign Heats Up, Democrats Focus on Racism (FOXNews)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501323]To be fair, do you read any of those "positions" Warfish rolled out as coming from the left from posters on this board?[/QUOTE]

Is that what the article is about? I didn't realize Nancy Pelosi posted here.

I bet that Plumber person is her. Those drunken, drug-induced angry rants would fit the profile.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501312]I remember a while back "barack the magic negro" or something to that effect.[/quote]

:dunno: Can't say I'm familiar. Now would teh description you provide alone constitute racism as define as "Racism is the belief that different characteristics in racial groups justify discrimination (wikipedia)".

But I'll put forward, for the opposing viewpoint, that the specific organizational purpose of the NAACP, The Congressional Black Caucus, The National Organization of Women (sexism), almost all Affirmative Action Policies, La Raza and more are all specificly and directly textbook examples of racism in their very purpose, to promote benfits for one racial or ethnic group, or one gender, over the others in policy.

[QUOTE]McCain Presidential rallies in '08[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested to hear your tales of the racism you saw personally at these rallies. My wife went to one in our area (I did not) and she didn't mention any racism or controversy.

[QUOTE]and this board. I can't remember the last time I've read a racist statement by a liberal poster, while Acepepe posts quite frequently.[/QUOTE]

I think we may define racism differently. I'd also say this board, with it's 10 or so truly active regulars, is a poor place to guage larger societal reality.

I also have to say I geenerally do not read Acepepe much, so can't comment on him or his positions, but I'd be suprised if actual racism, as defined above, was tolerated by our Moderators here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501326]My choom gang watches Workaholics on Comedy Central when we 'choom'.

But here's what I'm talking about:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_the_Magic_Negro[/url][/QUOTE]

That's pretty awful. I usually just think of Limbaugh as a generally person, to the point that him being racist or not wouldn't change my opinion of him at all.

Love Workaholics, reminds of the kind of dumbazz I was at that age. so happy to have added the word "growler" to my names-for-poop repertoire. :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4501324]Wow.

You sound JUST like a liberal. Giving up the rights of the individual. How very Orwellian of you. The right of one person to own a gun should be sacrificed to keep people from being killed, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't see individuals rights being removed by asking for proof of identity, the same way I do not find an individuals right to own a gun removed by current Federal Registration laws or libel/slander laws removing free speech rights.

And I'm as libertarian as we have here at JI. Even the most core rights have some form of appropriate regulation and limits.

We've covered this, you and I, and if I recall correctly we've already found agreement PK. As long as the State provides a form of free voter ID for those who show need (I.e. the poor), then we've already agreed that showing an ID is not an undue burden in our society today.

I would maintain that someone who does not posess any form of personal identification, and is unwilling to take even basic steps to aquire one, is themselves choosing to abandon their right to vote. The same way someone who chooses not to buy a gun has abandoned their 2nd amendment rights.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501312]I can't remember the last time I've read a racist statement by a liberal poster[/QUOTE]

Couple things here... You're basing your opinion on a few... Whether that be in the crowd of a McCain rally or the small community of this forum...

I can reference an entire congressional caucus as racist, sans poor Allen West whom they ridicule... Can you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501334]We've covered this, you and I, and if I recall correctly we've already found agreement PK. As long as the State provides a form of free voter ID for those who show need (I.e. the poor), then we've already agreed that showing an ID is not an undue burden in our society today.
    [/QUOTE]

Exactly. :yes:

But states do not do that.

So there's that :P
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 06-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501312]I remember a while back "barack the magic negro" or something to that effect.

McCain Presidential rallies in '08 and this board. I can't remember the last time I've read a racist statement by a liberal poster, while Acepepe posts quite frequently.[/QUOTE]

You may want to look up Charles Barron and Al Sharpton for some prominent anti Semitic Democrats.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501326]My choom gang watches Workaholics on Comedy Central when we 'choom'.

because Obama is a magical Negro (a[COLOR="Red"] term previously popularized by [B][I]RACIST [/I][/B]Spike Lee[/COLOR][3]), not a real black man from the "hood".
    This is why he did the song!! Eat it!
    Last edited by acepepe; 06-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4501340]Exactly. :yes:

But states do not do that.

So there's that :P[/QUOTE]

Then we remain in agreement.

If a State wants a voter ID check Law, they SHOULD do what we've agreed upon.

P.S. Lern2quote :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501361]Then we remain in agreement.

If a State wants a voter ID check Law, they SHOULD do what we've agreed upon.

P.S. Lern2quote :P[/QUOTE]

I fixed it. ;)

Absentee ballots are the real cause of voter fraud. I will anxiously await you and your campaign to ban absentee ballots.

I will look the other way, George. I do not want to actually stop voter fraud. Too busy. Workee workee...

[url]http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/286557/yes-virginia-there-really-voter-fraud-hans-von-spakovsky[/url]
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 06-26-2012 at 05:14 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be checking out Workaholics after my next choom session

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4501336]Couple things here... You're basing your opinion on a few... Whether that be in the crowd of a McCain rally or the small community of this forum...

I can reference an entire congressional caucus as racist, sans poor Allen West whom they ridicule... Can you?[/QUOTE]

I can't reference an entire congressional caucus as racist. I don't spend my team reading about race relations or "who's being racist now?" type stories.

The McCain rallies covered on television during the last election revealed racism - "He's not an American". The birther sh*t was just the logical next step for racists, after Obama won.

And I know, this small community of posters is not a perfect representation of society, but I mean I think it's reasonable to reference it when we're speaking about racism in politics, because we talk politics here. And it's pretty obvious to anyone who reads these boards, if there is racism, it comes from a small subset of posters, who happen to be extremely conservative.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4501383]I will be checking out Workaholics after my next choom session[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML_yKt_SzvI[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4501325]No, no, I think you misheard. He said "Puff the Magic Dragon"....the Choom gangs favorite song.[/QUOTE]

I loves this one

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DLcsQ1fUxk[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4501440]I loves this one

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DLcsQ1fUxk[/URL][/QUOTE]

That was pretty awesome. It did make me wanna get some kind bud and hotbox the hell outta my car though. Ahh to be 20 again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501437][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML_yKt_SzvI[/url][/QUOTE]

I think you need to choom to laugh at that show.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Al not so Sharp ton hates anything that isn't black and doesn't kiss his fat black ass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4501308]Not necessarily.[/QUOTE]

Really, interesting, do tell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Arrested 35 Times, Illegal Immigrant Sofyan Eldani Still Not Deported[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[URL]http://www.wsfa.com/story/17592940/feds-cant-deport-illegal-immigrant-with-criminal-record[/URL]
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]ICE Determined Protesters Should Not Be Held For Deportation, Because They Aren't "Criminal Aliens, Recent Border Crossers [Or] Egregious Immigration Law Violators."[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [URL]http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2012/03/21/20120321phoenix-police-release-names-protestors-arrested-abrk.html[/URL]
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501312]I remember a while back "barack the magic negro" or something to that effect.
    [/QUOTE]

"Barack the Magic Negro" was a term coined by LIBERAL op ed writer David Ehrenstein in a piece he wrote in the L.A. Times. The term was subsequently used in a song parody by conservative satirist Paul Shanklin -- to ridicule the hypocrisy of LIBERAL writer David Ehrenstein and the LIBERAL press that ignored his use of the term HE created. Limbaugh played the song to riducule the left and point out their hypocrisy as well -- and the left's resulting outrage because they (and you) thought Limbaugh coined the phrase is pure GOLD.