Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: As Campaign Heats Up, Democrats Focus on Racism (FOXNews)

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4501623]"Barack the Magic Negro" was a term coined by LIBERAL op ed writer David Ehrenstein in a piece he wrote in the L.A. Times. The term was subsequently used in a song parody by conservative satirist Paul Shanklin -- to ridicule the hypocrisy of LIBERAL writer David Ehrenstein and the LIBERAL press that ignored his use of the term HE created. Limbaugh played the song to riducule the left and point out their hypocrisy as well -- and the left's resulting outrage because they (and you) thought Limbaugh coined the phrase is pure GOLD.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08ZIsSPKuo[/url]

Is the song.

[IMG]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/11562243.jpg[/IMG]

Is the guy who wrote it.

And he wrote it for Rush's show from "Al Sharpton's point of view". I don't know how he was "satirizing" the LA Times article written by a black guy about Barack Obama's appeal in which he spoke about the "magic negro" cultural phenomenon.

But if you need more proof:

[url]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/371736/january-20-2011/rush-limbaugh-speaks-chinese[/url]

I mean these are the two I remember, I've yet to actually google "Rush Limbaugh racist" - bet I won't find anything...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501637][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08ZIsSPKuo[/url]

Is the song.

[IMG]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/11562243.jpg[/IMG]

Is the guy who wrote it.

And he wrote it for Rush's show from "Al Sharpton's point of view". I don't know how he was "satirizing" the LA Times article written by a black guy about Barack Obama's appeal in which he spoke about the "magic negro" cultural phenomenon.

But if you need more proof:

[url]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/371736/january-20-2011/rush-limbaugh-speaks-chinese[/url]

I mean these are the two I remember, I've yet to actually google "Rush Limbaugh racist" - bet I won't find anything...[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,3391015.story[/url]

And just in case you missed it, Ehrenstein is a flaming LIBERAL.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4501638][url]http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,3391015.story[/url]

And just in case you missed it, Ehrenstein is a flaming LIBERAL.[/QUOTE]

No he got it... Ehrenstein gets a pass because he's black.. if you're white and repeat it, you're racist. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4501637]I don't know how he was "satirizing" the LA Times article written by a black guy about Barack Obama's appeal in which he spoke about the "magic negro" cultural phenomenon.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, you either lack understanding of what satire is, or you simply view your satire through a pre-determined prism where being satirical, or telling jokes, where blacks are the target is by default racism.

I see no racism whatsoever here myself, I see satire, like the Dailyshow, Colbert Report, Saturday Night Live and any number of comedians engage in.

What I'd say is that the real racism in regards to this is that for some reason it's become off limits for whites to joke about or engage in satire about or even legitimately criticise, African Americans. Special treatement for one race, based on skin tone, is racism. Finding a clear cut case of satire to be "racist" only because the target is black, even though the original source was a black liberal writer, is a clear cut case of racial preferential treatement in my view.

[QUOTE=cr726;4501547]Really, interesting, do tell.[/QUOTE]

Getting arrested does not lead to deportation. Felony convictions often can but not always. In sanctuary cities like Boston and LA someone would almost have to be convicted of murder to be reported to INS

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501802]Apparently, you either lack understanding of what satire is, or you simply view your satire through a pre-determined prism where being satirical, or telling jokes, where blacks are the target is by default racism.

[B]I see no racism whatsoever here myself, I see satire, like the Dailyshow, Colbert Report, Saturday Night Live and any number of comedians engage in.
    [/B]
    What I'd say is that the real racism in regards to this is that for some reason it's become off limits for whites to joke about or engage in satire about or even legitimately criticise, African Americans. Special treatement for one race, based on skin tone, is racism. Finding a clear cut case of satire to be "racist" only because the target is black, even though the original source was a black liberal writer, is a clear cut case of racial preferential treatement in my view.[/QUOTE]

Those are comedies. Limbaugh is hypocritical junkie lunatic that just likes to Wharrgarbl endlessly.

Maybe it's just my perception, because I despise Limbuagh, but I see racist mockery there. Kind of like the Allen West stuff from the Dems recently.

Obama is a worthless scumbag.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4501816]Those are comedies.[/quote]

Sorry, no. The Dailyshow and Colbert are no less Political than Limbaugh, they simply do a better job of convincing theri audience that they are there for the "lols" than Limbaugh does.

Make no mistake, John Stewart and Rush Limbaugh, in purpose, have far more in common than they do difference.

[QUOTE]Limbaugh is hypocritical junkie lunatic that just likes to Wharrgarbl endlessly.[/QUOTE]

That may be true. It doesn't make that song any less an obvious satire than it already is.

Again, it goes back to the point, racism. Teh racism here is the double-standard, based only onr ace, that allows comedy, satire and criticism against some racial groups, but not equally against one specific racial group.

All his wargarbl aside, I highly doubt Rush Limbaugh is a "racist", i.e. wants to see one race treated better or worse then the others based only upon membership in that race.

[quote]Maybe it's just my perception, because I despise Limbuagh, but I see racist mockery there. Kind of like the Allen West stuff from the Dems recently.[/QUOTE]

The Allen West "stuff" that seems to be getting a complete pass?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;4501802]
    What I'd say is that the real racism in regards to this is that for some reason it's become off limits for whites to joke about or engage in satire about or even legitimately criticise, African Americans. [/QUOTE]

And on the other side of the coin, black comedians routinely and inevitably make white people the butt of their jokes. But that's not racist.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4501841]And on the other side of the coin, black comedians routinely and inevitably make white people the butt of their jokes. But that's not racist.[/QUOTE]

Depends.

Chris Rock does it, funny.

Eddie Murphey does it, funny.

They're laughing at us, sure, but with us too.

IMO when Martin Lawrence does it.....well, thats alot closer to what some here claim Limbaugh does, hate-masked-as-lols.

Just my view, but even then, I wouldn't call Martin lawrence a racist based only on his comedy routine.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4501846]Depends.

Chris Rock does it, funny.

[COLOR="Red"]Eddie Murphey does it, funny.[/COLOR]

They're laughing at us, sure, but with us too.

IMO when Martin Lawrence does it.....well, thats alot closer to what some here claim Limbaugh does, hate-masked-as-lols.

Just my view, but even then, I wouldn't call Martin lawrence a racist based only on his comedy routine.[/QUOTE]

Racist POS! Not "funny"Watch raw. Another Eddieism " It HAS to be a woman of COLOR" said several years ago to the racist pig, Oprah, when asked " what kind of woman he wanted to marry?" Could you see the reaction in, say, the same question was asked of Tim Allen and he said " she has to be white" BTW, Piece of crap married a black woman as high yellow as they come, she is as white as me, dumped his as*s after she found out smilin Eddie likes to get it in the can by Transzees

[QUOTE=acepepe;4501858]Racist POS! Not "funny"Watch raw.[/quote]

I have, repeatedly, it's brilliantly funny.

[quote]Another Eddieism " It HAS to be a woman of COLOR" said several years ago to the racist pig, Oprah, when asked " what kind of woman he wanted to marry?" Could you see the reaction in, say, the same question was asked of Tim Allen and he said " she has to be white" BTW, Piece of crap married a black woman as high yellow as they come, she is as white as me, dumped his as*s after she found out smilin Eddie likes to get it in the can by Transzees[/QUOTE]

Who Murphey chooses to screw, marry or anything else is his business, not mine. I respect that he, as an individual, has his own tastes and preferences.

With respect, because I like very curvy pale skinned curly-headed redheads does not make me a racist, nor does Murphey's personal tastes, tranny or otherwise, make him a racist.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;4501846]

Just my view, but even then, I wouldn't call Martin lawrence a racist based only on his comedy routine.[/QUOTE]

Would a white comic doing something equal to the Martin Lawrence routine -- but about blacks -- be called a racist?

You know the answer. And you know that means Lawrence should be too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;4501869]
    Who Murphey chooses to screw, marry or anything else is his business, not mine. I respect that he, as an individual, has his own tastes and preferences.

With respect, because I like very curvy pale skinned curly-headed redheads does not make me a racist, nor does Murphey's personal tastes, tranny or otherwise, make him a racist.[/QUOTE]

You're missing his point. Murphy tells Oprah that he needs to marry "a woman of color." Oprah probably nods approvingly as the obese audience claps and woot wooots.

Tim Allen tells Elizabeth Hasselbeck that he needs to marry "a woman who is white," and his career is toast.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4501877]You're missing his point. Murphy tells Oprah that he needs to marry "a woman of color." Oprah probably nods approvingly as the obese audience claps and woot wooots.

Tim Allen tells Elizabeth Hasselbeck that he needs to marry "a woman who is white," and his career is toast.[/QUOTE]

No old friend, I didn't miss the point. The point is a double standard by the media and society, being laid down upon (in these situations) Murphey and Allen. For that, judge society and the media, not Murphey or Allen IMO.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501839]Sorry, no. The Dailyshow and Colbert are no less Political than Limbaugh, they simply do a better job of convincing theri audience that they are there for the "lols" than Limbaugh does.

Make no mistake, John Stewart and Rush Limbaugh, in purpose, have far more in common than they do difference.

That may be true. It doesn't make that song any less an obvious satire than it already is.

Again, it goes back to the point, racism. Teh racism here is the double-standard, based only onr ace, that allows comedy, satire and criticism against some racial groups, but not equally against one specific racial group.

All his wargarbl aside, I highly doubt Rush Limbaugh is a "racist", i.e. wants to see one race treated better or worse then the others based only upon membership in that race.

The Allen West "stuff" that seems to be getting a complete pass?[/QUOTE]

I disagree, in that the comedies are supposed to make people laugh, but have an obvious bias, heavily left. I watch them b/c they make me laugh and their bias does not change my mind or matter to me, it's for entertainment purposes only.

Limbaugh is like taco bell, steaming crap with no redeeming value. You only order him if you want a super-sized helping of colorful far-right talking points.

I would bet $1,000 that if we had infallible "truth o'meter", Limbaugh would fail the racist test badly. Just a biased opinion, of course.

I do think it's telling but no surprise at all that the West stuff has gotten no play.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4501895]I disagree, in that the comedies are......for entertainment purposes only.[/quote]

And Opinion Talk Radio isn't?

Limbaugh self-describes as an entertainer. He clearly is not a journalist or other supposedly-higher-standards media member.

I think you're making a very thin semantics argument between Comedy-News-Opinion Entertainment and Political-News-Opinion Entertainment.

For example, you'd be very hard presse to tell me the real differences between Limbaugh and HBO's Bill Mahr. Or between, then, Bill Mahr and the Daily Show. Differences, I should stress, not based upon political support for one side and political disdain for the other.

[QUOTE]Limbaugh is like taco bell, steaming crap with no redeeming value.[/QUOTE]

His millions of listeners and hundred-million-dollar contract would beg to differ.

Clearly, he must be entertaining somone out there.

[QUOTE]I would bet $1,000 that if we had infallible "truth o'meter", Limbaugh would fail the racist test badly. Just a biased opinion, of course.[/QUOTE]

Quite biased. For all hsi supposed racism, the best anyone has come up with is a clear-cut case of political satire, satire, it should be reminded, based upon the writings of a liberal african american who used the objectionable term first. A musical version of a hundred million political cartoons in a hundred different Newspapers every year......very few of whom get labeled as "racist" by your favored side.

[quote]I do think it's telling but no surprise at all that the West stuff has gotten no play.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. And?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501921][QUOTE]And Opinion Talk Radio isn't?

Limbaugh self-describes as an entertainer. He clearly is not a journalist or other supposedly-higher-standards media member.

I think you're making a very thin semantics argument between Comedy-News-Opinion Entertainment and Political-News-Opinion Entertainment.

For example, you'd be very hard presse to tell me the real differences between Limbaugh and HBO's Bill Mahr. Or between, then, Bill Mahr and the Daily Show. Differences, I should stress, not based upon political support for one side and political disdain for the other.[/QUOTE]

[B] Fair point[/B]

[QUOTE]His millions of listeners and hundred-million-dollar contract would beg to differ.

Clearly, he must be entertaining somone out there.
    [/QUOTE]

[B]Lots of bottom feeders out there on both sides.[/B]

[QUOTE]Quite biased. For all hsi supposed racism, the best anyone has come up with is a clear-cut case of political satire, satire, it should be reminded, based upon the writings of a liberal african american who used the objectionable term first. A musical version of a hundred million political cartoons in a hundred different Newspapers every year......very few of whom get labeled as "racist" by your favored side.[/QUOTE]

[B]My favorite side? Which side is that? You're the only one who gets to not be affiliated? I have many stances that lean left (abortion, gay marriage, drugs) and many that lean right (illegals, entitlements, crime and punishment).
    [/B]
    [QUOTE]Indeed. And?[/QUOTE]
    [B]

I'm not sure what you're saying/asking. Are you saying my West comment was so obvious as to be superfluous? :D[/B]

[QUOTE=Warfish;4501869]I have, repeatedly, it's brilliantly funny.

With respect, because I like very curvy pale skinned curly-headed redheads does not make me a racist, nor does Murphey's personal tastes, tranny or otherwise, make him a racist.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you're not a Brooklyn Italian.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4501941][B] Fair point[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote]You're the only one who gets to not be affiliated? I have many stances that lean left (abortion, gay marriage, drugs) and many that lean right (illegals, entitlements, crime and punishment)[/quote]

I thought I recalled you self-describing as a Liberal and Democrat.

If not, my apologies then for using "your favored side".