Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vladimir Ducasse Question

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4501706]Potential is what the man has. Drafted too high, but you don't want him figuring it out on another team now do you? Well you guys know best. Never once been wrong by the sound of it.[/QUOTE]

Like Vernon???

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]but you can't call him a bust yet[/QUOTE]

Oh yes I can. This guy sucks balls. He will either be cut before training camp or he will rid the bench all year and be cut next offseason.,

This guy is one of the biggest turds i have even seen on a football field. He makes Adrian Clarke look like Steve Hutchinson.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4501755]Oh yes I can. This guy sucks balls. He will either be cut before training camp or he will rid the bench all year and be cut next offseason.,

This guy is one of the biggest turds i have even seen on a football field. He makes Adrian Clarke look like Steve Hutchinson.[/QUOTE]

One of the biggest turds joe w has ever seen

Other than looking in the old mirror

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

[QUOTE=sg3;4501769]One of the biggest turds joe w has ever seen

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Morning Sunshine!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4501659]Until they start hitting, there no way Vlad can prove he can block anyone.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It would be nice if we got quality production out of him this year- wherever he fits on the line.

I mean we drafted him, groomed him, and now need o-line help -- its time for the payoff.

When will you GUYS (or gals) admit Vlad is a BUST? When Sanchez is on the operating table table for life saving surgery? When he's on the sideline being checked for an concussion? My definition of a project pick is a 5th rounder on who with some coaching can some day be an contributing member to his team.
    Vlad imho has training camp to prove he belongs in the NFL!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4501701]LOL. He is actually a very good run blocker right now, and if it wasn't for his issues picking up pass protection schemes, he would be starting and doing well on this team.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying Tebow can run the ball very well, if he only learned how to throw the ball he'd be a pretty good qb.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;4501769]One of the biggest turds joe w has ever seen

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Can you post [B][U]anything[/U][/B] without a personal insult?

Just thought I'd point out that Ducasse was a really late 2nd pick, 61st overall. He was practically a 3rd rounder. If you want, review the 2010 NFL draft and compare him to the guys around him. It really wasn't that bad of a pick if he was meant to be a project. Also, hopefully this new blocking scheme installed by Sparano will be better for him. He slowed down because he didn't really know who to block. Maybe zone was just too much for him, and then you add in learning a new playbook. terminology, progressions, and snap counts and of course he wouldn't produce in his first two seasons. He better get his sh*t together real soon though. He's running out of excuses. He was flat out dominant in college though so I think the potential is there.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4501982]Just thought I'd point out that Ducasse was a really late 2nd pick, 61st overall. He was practically a 3rd rounder. If you want, review the 2010 NFL draft and compare him to the guys around him. It really wasn't that bad of a pick if he was meant to be a project. Also, hopefully this new blocking scheme installed by Sparano will be better for him. He slowed down because he didn't really know who to block. Maybe zone was just too much for him, and then you add in learning a new playbook. terminology, progressions, and snap counts and of course he wouldn't produce in his first two seasons. He better get his sh*t together real soon though. He's running out of excuses. He was flat out dominant in college though so I think the potential is there.[/QUOTE]

Good point that he was such a late rounder but

A) If we knew he was SUCH a project we should have taken him later

B) If we thought he'd be further along (my guess) that's discouraging.

Nobody who has seen the guy play, even in preseason has much good to say about him. Sure he's big and strong and pretty good in the run game... He's also the Vlatador, getting QBs killed every other play...

The fact that he was picked in the second round is the only reason he's on the team. Does anyone really think if the guy was a 5th round pick we wouldn't have cut him by now?

[QUOTE][url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4501643]Originally Posted by LI JET FAN[/url]
    Ducasse has no business making this team or any NFL team for that mattter and should be cut in August.[/QUOTE]

Our coaching staff, front office and fan base as a whole not only knew, but also understood that when drafting Vladimir Ducasse, we were drafting a very raw/project type of offensive lineman with the 61st overall pick of 2010 NFL draft. Lets not label this kid or make him out to be some type of bust just yet.

We all knew (to begin with) that it would take at least 2-3 years of developing this kid before he was ready to come into his own. Now, he's only heading into his 3rd NFL season, but yet, we're already seeing a limited amount of Jet fans asking/calling for his walking papers? I call it the Eli Manning treatment ala New Yorkers trying to run a player out of town, before first giving that player a fair chance to reach success/full potential. Patience is a virtue in regards to developing a raw NFL draft selection. Vlad was as raw as they come, with a language barrier to overcome as well.

This isn't a Vernon Gholston type situation, in which we drafted an 'expected NFL ready player' with the 6th overall pick of the NFL draft, played him for 3 years at multiple positions, only to find out (later on) that we couldn't squeeze any potential/production out of the bust (0 career sacks). Gholston actually had a clause built into his contract (before the 2010 season) that would award him a $9 million bonus if he simply recorded one sack. Or caused a fumble. Or a recovered a fumble. Or caught an interception. In 45 NFL games, he did none of those things. Zero. As a front office, we had no time to wait on a potential development of Vernon Gholston for the simple fact, we signed him to a five-year, $40 million contract. Please, lets not act like this is another Vernon Gholston situation.

You don't just cut a 2nd round draft selection after two years of developing under our coaching staff, when we all knew that Vlad was a project talent to begin with. We only signed him to a four-year deal worth $3.25 million. We have more to lose by cutting Vlad when compared to gaining anything in return due to a knee-jerk reaction (release). The kid is built like a freak of nature. He's listed as being 6' 5", 325 pounds. He hasn't shown it on the football field, but his potential goes through the roof. I'm willing to wait for this kid to develop in order to see the finished product, because it could become well worth the wait.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Vlad have a stand-out preseason heading into the regular season. He's heading into his 3rd season of being developed and coached up by our coaching staff, he's learning behind leaders on the offensive line in Ferguson, Mangold and Moore; I'm not willing to give up on this kid yet, before he's been fully coached up/developed/given a chance to succeed.

Well, very well thought out post with a huge amount of facts, so let's just ignore all of that and dump this bum !!!!!!!
    Unbelievable how so many are willing to give up on this kid do fast. As I said a few times before, this will be Vlad's make or break year. He must show this year that he is developing and will be capable of being a starter within the next two seasons. If by the end of next seasons T/C this is still a question then yes , it will be time to cut bait and move on. Yet, not before then as he will have had enough time with the new C/S to know for sure...
    I do find it amusing that our Pats posters are all wiling to point out what a bust Vlad is , yet , if he was drafted by the pats oh how the story would change. All Jets fans would hear is how "next year this sleeper is going to be blowing the Jets defense line into the secondary" .
    Personally my money is on Vlad becoming a solid stater for many years to come. Also because he was bounced all over the line to begin his career he will become a player who can move along the line when injuries occur.....
    I expect many of you so called experts, to be eating a healthy plate of crow by the end of next season

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4501730]Like Vernon???[/QUOTE]

Yep just like Vernon...and Maybin

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Austin;4501986]Good point that he was such a late rounder but

A) If we knew he was SUCH a project we should have taken him later

B) If we thought he'd be further along (my guess) that's discouraging.

Nobody who has seen the guy play, even in preseason has much good to say about him. Sure he's big and strong and pretty good in the run game... He's also the Vlatador, getting QBs killed every other play...

The fact that he was picked in the second round is the only reason he's on the team. Does anyone really think if the guy was a 5th round pick we wouldn't have cut him by now?[/QUOTE]

No he'd be on the practice squad, but alas we did pick him 2nd, so there we are

Banned
    [QUOTE=patman;4501703]Where do you get it takes three years to get an olineman up to snuff? As a Umass guy, I want to root for him to make it, but if the staff thought hunter was a better option last year,[B] that should tell you enough.[/B][/QUOTE]

You mean to tell me, that it's an "insult" to a raw 2nd year project from a small college program in Vlad, that he was developing behind an 8 year player such as Wayne Hunter? Shocker. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=fltflo;4501998]Our coaching staff, front office and fan base as a whole not only knew, but also understood that when drafting Vladimir Ducasse, we were drafting a very raw/project type of offensive lineman with the 61st overall pick of 2010 NFL draft. Lets not label this kid or make him out to be some type of bust just yet.

We all knew (to begin with) that it would take at least 2-3 years of developing this kid before he was ready to come into his own. Now, he's only heading into his 3rd NFL season, but yet, we're already seeing a limited amount of Jet fans asking/calling for his walking papers? I call it the Eli Manning treatment ala New Yorkers trying to run a player out of town, before first giving that player a fair chance to reach success/full potential. Patience is a virtue in regards to developing a raw NFL draft selection. Vlad was as raw as they come, with a language barrier to overcome as well.

This isn't a Vernon Gholston type situation, in which we drafted an 'expected NFL ready player' with the 6th overall pick of the NFL draft, played him for 3 years at multiple positions, only to find out (later on) that we couldn't squeeze any potential/production out of the bust (0 career sacks). Gholston actually had a clause built into his contract (before the 2010 season) that would award him a $9 million bonus if he simply recorded one sack. Or caused a fumble. Or a recovered a fumble. Or caught an interception. In 45 NFL games, he did none of those things. Zero. As a front office, we had no time to wait on a potential development of Vernon Gholston for the simple fact, we signed him to a five-year, $40 million contract. Please, lets not act like this is another Vernon Gholston situation.

You don't just cut a 2nd round draft selection after two years of developing under our coaching staff, when we all knew that Vlad was a project talent to begin with. We only signed him to a four-year deal worth $3.25 million. We have more to lose by cutting Vlad when compared to gaining anything in return due to a knee-jerk reaction (release). The kid is built like a freak of nature. He's listed as being 6' 5", 325 pounds. He hasn't shown it on the football field, but his potential goes through the roof. I'm willing to wait for this kid to develop in order to see the finished product, because it could become well worth the wait.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Vlad have a stand-out preseason heading into the regular season. He's heading into his 3rd season of being developed and coached up by our coaching staff, he's learning behind leaders on the offensive line in Ferguson, Mangold and Moore; I'm not willing to give up on this kid yet, before he's been fully coached up/developed/given a chance to succeed.

Well, very well thought out post with a huge amount of facts, so let's just ignore all of that and dump this bum !!!!!!!
    Unbelievable how so many are willing to give up on this kid do fast. As I said a few times before, this will be Vlad's make or break year. He must show this year that he is developing and will be capable of being a starter within the next two seasons. If by the end of next seasons T/C this is still a question then yes , it will be time to cut bait and move on. Yet, not before then as he will have had enough time with the new C/S to know for sure...
    I do find it amusing that our Pats posters are all wiling to point out what a bust Vlad is , yet , if he was drafted by the pats oh how the story would change. All Jets fans would hear is how "next year this sleeper is going to be blowing the Jets defense line into the secondary" .
    Personally my money is on Vlad becoming a solid stater for many years to come. Also because he was bounced all over the line to begin his career he will become a player who can move along the line when injuries occur.....
    I expect many of you so called experts, to be eating a healthy plate of crow by the end of next season[/QUOTE]

Great post, it's refreshing to read actually, than the usual rhetoric from our know-it-all arm-chair GM's who rip off one-liner after another without any substance...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501647][B]Our coaching staff, front office and fan base as a whole not only knew, but also understood that when drafting Vladimir Ducasse, we were drafting a very raw/project type of offensive lineman with the 61st overall pick of 2010 NFL draft. Lets not label this kid or make him out to be some type of bust just yet.

We all knew (to begin with) that it would take at least 2-3 years of developing this kid before he was ready to come into his own.[/B] Now, he's only heading into his 3rd NFL season, but yet, we're already seeing a limited amount of Jet fans asking/calling for his walking papers? I call it the Eli Manning treatment ala New Yorkers trying to run a player out of town, before first giving that player a fair chance to reach success/full potential. Patience is a virtue in regards to developing a raw NFL draft selection. Vlad was as raw as they come, with a language barrier to overcome as well.
    [/QUOTE]

That's a load of crap. While it was known that he was a raw talent, it was also contemplated that he would come right in and compete for the starting job. The Jets cut Faneca the night after he was drafted, that wasn't coincidence. It was good fortune for the Jets that Matt Slauson turned into a viable starter, because this guy turned out to be a lemon - at least thus far.

To say that a 2nd round Olineman should get 3 years to develop is insane. The guy is on a 4 year contract. That timetable means the only meaningful contribution we would get from Vlad is in his walk year and then he'd move on to some other team.

Prospects come in all sorts of types - some are more polished while some are raw. But, even a raw 2nd round pick needs to be able to contribute relatively quickly. If not at some point during his rookie season, then certainly in his second. And at least, in whatever minimal snaps you get (preseason or otherwise), demonstrate that you are starting to "get it". So far, we haven't seen any of that from Vlad. And while the regular season is still two months + away, we don't really have any indication that this guy is ready to contribute.

Our line regressed last year and we hear that Cally was looking to replace Moore with Caleb S., not Ducasse. We had possibly the worst RT in the game and the team goes out and guarantees his salary for 2012. That pretty much tells you what the team thinks of him.

Maybe he'll get an opportunity and surprise people - that would be great for all of us. But, until that happens, you can't view Ducasse as anything but a disappointment thus far. Its not the end of the world - teams strike out on draft picks all the time. But, lets not sugarcoat it - As we stand now, here in 2012, Ducasse was a crap draft pick.

They should let him compete for the personal punt protector position.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Disappointing to say the least.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4502058]Yep just like Vernon...and Maybin[/QUOTE]

Maybin is not Vernon Gholsten....... Maybin had an impact.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4502134]That's a load of crap. While it was known that he was a raw talent, it was also contemplated that he would come right in and compete for the starting job. The Jets cut Faneca the night after he was drafted, that wasn't coincidence. It was good fortune for the Jets that Matt Slauson turned into a viable starter, because this guy turned out to be a lemon - at least thus far.

To say that a 2nd round Olineman should get 3 years to develop is insane. The guy is on a 4 year contract. That timetable means the only meaningful contribution we would get from Vlad is in his walk year and then he'd move on to some other team.

Prospects come in all sorts of types - some are more polished while some are raw. But, even a raw 2nd round pick needs to be able to contribute relatively quickly. If not at some point during his rookie season, then certainly in his second. And at least, in whatever minimal snaps you get (preseason or otherwise), demonstrate that you are starting to "get it". So far, we haven't seen any of that from Vlad. And while the regular season is still two months + away, we don't really have any indication that this guy is ready to contribute.

Our line regressed last year and we hear that Cally was looking to replace Moore with Caleb S., not Ducasse. We had possibly the worst RT in the game and the team goes out and guarantees his salary for 2012. That pretty much tells you what the team thinks of him.

Maybe he'll get an opportunity and surprise people - that would be great for all of us. But, until that happens, you can't view Ducasse as anything but a disappointment thus far. Its not the end of the world - teams strike out on draft picks all the time. But, lets not sugarcoat it - As we stand now, here in 2012, Ducasse was a crap draft pick.[/QUOTE]

+1 quality post.