Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vladimir Ducasse Question

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Vladimir Ducasse Question

I see in one of the pics above he's in at left guard... is that a possibility?

Also, how has he progressed in mini camps? Anybody know...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

ducasse

he was in at left guard b/c Slauson still can't practice in full b/c of his shoulder...Slauson was on the sideline with trainers while Ducasse was taking first team reps in the meantime.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gark2k;4501414]he was in at left guard b/c Slauson still can't practice in full b/c of his shoulder...Slauson was on the sideline with trainers while Ducasse was taking first team reps in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Not true.. Slauson was in there at RG and he said himself he didn't know why.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    LG has been Ducasse's position since he's been here. The talk about him playing RT has been just fan speculation I think.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    O M G could you imagine Ducasse at RT? We could be the first NFL team to lose our first and second string QB on the first 2 plays of a season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ducasse Sucks, time to get rid of the bum

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4501427]LG has been Ducasse's position since he's been here. The talk about him playing RT has been just fan speculation I think.[/QUOTE]

He was drafted to play RT and was listed as a RT most of last year. Heonly played G do to injuries. Vlad has all the ability to play RT he is just a slow guy mentally and is a project. He was very raw when we drafted him. It normally takes 3 years to build an OL. If Vlad doesn't play more this year yeah he is done but you can't call him a bust yet. The coaches know where he is at. If he is that truly bad at RT he will be gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love people that know stuff, and just blurt it out. It makes them seem really smart. In fact the louder and cruder they are the more impressive they become.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ducasse has no business making this team or any NFL team for that mattter and should be cut in August.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;4501643]Ducasse has no business making this team or any NFL team for that mattter and should be cut in August.[/QUOTE]

Our coaching staff, front office and fan base as a whole not only knew, but also understood that when drafting Vladimir Ducasse, we were drafting a very raw/project type of offensive lineman with the 61st overall pick of 2010 NFL draft. Lets not label this kid or make him out to be some type of bust just yet.

We all knew (to begin with) that it would take at least 2-3 years of developing this kid before he was ready to come into his own. Now, he's only heading into his 3rd NFL season, but yet, we're already seeing a limited amount of Jet fans asking/calling for his walking papers? I call it the Eli Manning treatment ala New Yorkers trying to run a player out of town, before first giving that player a fair chance to reach success/full potential. Patience is a virtue in regards to developing a raw NFL draft selection. Vlad was as raw as they come, with a language barrier to overcome as well.

This isn't a Vernon Gholston type situation, in which we drafted an 'expected NFL ready player' with the 6th overall pick of the NFL draft, played him for 3 years at multiple positions, only to find out (later on) that we couldn't squeeze any potential/production out of the bust (0 career sacks). Gholston actually had a clause built into his contract (before the 2010 season) that would award him a $9 million bonus if he simply recorded one sack. Or caused a fumble. Or a recovered a fumble. Or caught an interception. In 45 NFL games, he did none of those things. Zero. As a front office, we had no time to wait on a potential development of Vernon Gholston for the simple fact, we signed him to a five-year, $40 million contract. Please, lets not act like this is another Vernon Gholston situation.

You don't just cut a 2nd round draft selection after two years of developing under our coaching staff, when we all knew that Vlad was a project talent to begin with. We only signed him to a four-year deal worth $3.25 million. We have more to lose by cutting Vlad when compared to gaining anything in return due to a knee-jerk reaction (release). The kid is built like a freak of nature. He's listed as being 6' 5", 325 pounds. He hasn't shown it on the football field, but his potential goes through the roof. I'm willing to wait for this kid to develop in order to see the finished product, because it could become well worth the wait.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Vlad have a stand-out preseason heading into the regular season. He's heading into his 3rd season of being developed and coached up by our coaching staff, he's learning behind leaders on the offensive line in Ferguson, Mangold and Moore; I'm not willing to give up on this kid yet, before he's been fully coached up/developed/given a chance to succeed.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-27-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501647]Our coaching staff, front office and fan base as a whole not only knew, but also understood that when drafting Vladimir Ducasse, we were drafting a very raw/project type of offensive lineman with the 61st overall pick of 2010 NFL draft. Lets not label this kid or make him out to be some type of bust just yet.

We all knew (to begin with) that it would take at least 2-3 years of developing this kid before he was ready to come into his own. Now, he's only heading into his 3rd NFL season, but yet, we're already seeing a limited amount of Jet fans asking/calling for his walking papers? I call it the Eli Manning treatment ala New Yorkers trying to run a player out of town, before first giving that player a fair chance to reach success/full potential. Patience is a virtue in regards to developing a raw NFL draft selection. Vlad was as raw as they come, with a language barrier to overcome as well.

This isn't a Vernon Gholston type situation, in which we drafted an 'expected NFL ready player' with the 6th overall pick of the NFL draft, played him for 3 years at multiple positions, only to find out (later on) that we couldn't squeeze any potential/production out of the bust (0 career sacks). Gholston actually had a clause built into his contract (before the 2010 season) that would award him a $9 million bonus if he simply recorded one sack. Or caused a fumble. Or a recovered a fumble. Or caught an interception. In 45 NFL games, he did none of those things. Zero. As a front office, we had no time to wait on a potential development of Vernon Gholston for the simple fact, we signed him to a five-year, $40 million contract. Please, lets not act like this is another Vernon Gholston situation.

You don't just cut a 2nd round draft selection after two years of developing under our coaching staff, when we all knew that Vlad was a project talent to begin with. We only signed him to a four-year deal worth $3.25 million. We have more to lose by cutting Vlad when compared to gaining anything in return due to a knee-jerk reaction (release). The kid is built like a freak of nature. He's listed as being 6' 5", 325 pounds. He hasn't shown it on the football field, but his potential goes through the roof. I'm willing to wait for this kid to develop in order to see the finished product, because it could become well worth the wait.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Vlad have a stand-out preseason heading into the regular season. He's heading into his 3rd season of being developed and coached up by our coaching staff, he's learning behind leaders on the offensive line in Ferguson, Mangold and Moore; I'm not willing to give up on this kid yet, before he's been fully coached up/developed/given a chance to succeed.[/QUOTE]

This is nothing but another lame excuse. He's very raw and it was understood he would take 2-3 years before we saw anything?!

He's a f*cking 2nd round draft choice. I'm sorry but you don't waste 2nd round draft choices on 2-3 year PROJECTS. It is understood that you EXPECT contributions, at least some contributions, from a first day pick.

So I've got news for you. Either the Jets FO f*cking sucks and needs to be fired or you are just making lame excuses for Goofy.

This kid needs to get his sh*t in gear. Why would you make excuses for a f*cking kid who single handedly BLEW up the Jets season last season? He got Sanchez clobbered and allowed Robert Turner to get his leg broken on the same play. All this after he was a FIRST DAY PICK and the guy that beat him like a rented mule? JJ WATT, another first day pick but from the following YEAR.

I'm tired of this kids crap. He either contributes or he should be fired immediately.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4501649]This is nothing but another lame excuse. He's very raw and it was understood he would take 2-3 years before we saw anything?!

He's a f*cking 2nd round draft choice. I'm sorry but you don't waste 2nd round draft choices on 2-3 year PROJECTS. It is understood that you EXPECT contributions, at least some contributions, from a first day pick.

So I've got news for you. Either the Jets FO f*cking sucks and needs to be fired or you are just making lame excuses for Goofy.

This kid needs to get his sh*t in gear. Why would you make excuses for a f*cking kid who single handedly BLEW up the Jets season last season? He got Sanchez clobbered and allowed Robert Turner to get his leg broken on the same play. All this after he was a FIRST DAY PICK and the guy that beat him like a rented mule? JJ WATT, another first day pick but from the following YEAR.

I'm tired of this kids crap. He either contributes or he should be fired immediately.[/QUOTE]

Mainejet, it's called NFL player development; which is something that you obviously know nothing about.

Our front office, our coaching staff, our fan base, pretty much everyone and their mothers not only knew, but also understood that we were drafting a project talent with the 29th pick of the 2nd round (61st overall). Your temper tantrums can't and/or won't change that. It's reality buddy.

These aren't "excuses", these are stone cold facts. He was a very raw kid coming out of college, one who not only had a language barrier to overcome, but also lacked any type of NCAA Division 1 experience ala playing for a small program such as Massachusetts. He went up against teams such as Albany, Rhode Island, Stony Brook, Delaware, Richmond, North Eastern, Hofstra and James Madison etc, etc; and you honestly mean to tell me, that you're seriously complaining about the fact that an inexperienced project made mistakes as only a raw, 2nd year player, in whom had just about no elite college and/or NFL experience? Are you kidding me? He's been the first UMass football player drafted by the NFL since linebacker Khari Samuel in 1999 for a reason. It's called being a developing project from a small college program.

Anyone who knew (anything) about the overall situations of Vlad coming out of school, not only knew, but also understood it could take this kid a good 2-3 years of developing under an NFL coaching staff before being ready to come into his own. Which is something that our coaching staff obviously already knew, especially considering the fact that he's yet to be "cut". He's still on the roster for a reason. He'll be here next offseason as well. It's called NFL development. We didn't draft Vlad during the 2nd round to impact asap (regardless of the unrealistic view points that you've shared with us); we drafted Vlad to develop his ability, tap into his potential, coach up his talents all for a chance to see the finished product 2-3 maybe even 4 years down the line.

You're making a big deal about this, due to the fact that he's a "2nd round draft pick". I can name you 15 1st round draft picks (from the 2010 NFL draft) that's done nothing on the NFL level, and I could also name you 15 2nd round draft picks in which have completely done nothing since being drafted back in 2010. The difference? Those teams expected these players to impact sooner rather than later, the Jets on the other hand? We've only expected to develop this kid over the years.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-27-2012 at 05:12 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet-Faith;4501409]I see in one of the pics above he's in at left guard... is that a possibility?

[B]Also, how has he progressed in mini camps?[/B] Anybody know...[/QUOTE]

Until they start hitting, there no way Vlad can prove he can block anyone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4501649]This is nothing but another lame excuse. He's very raw and it was understood he would take 2-3 years before we saw anything?!

This kid needs to get his sh*t in gear. Why would you make excuses for a f*cking kid who single handedly BLEW up the Jets season last season? He got Sanchez clobbered and allowed Robert Turner to get his leg broken on the same play. All this after he was a FIRST DAY PICK and the guy that beat him like a rented mule?[COLOR="Red"] JJ WATT,[/COLOR] another first day pick but from the following YEAR.

I'm tired of this kids crap. He either contributes or he should be fired immediately.[/QUOTE]
    He beat the as*ses off of Most NFL lineman last year not just Vlad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it seems that our resident Bambi murderer thinks he actually knows more about scouting, personnel evaluation and everything else about football based on his exhaustive thirty minute "study" of his dogeared Lindys draft preview from his local Rite aid than do the 20 or so professionals who do those things every day 52 weeks a year

It would be hilarious if not so pathetic

Just sayin

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4501662]Sometimes it seems that our resident Bambi murderer thinks he actually knows more about scouting, personnel evaluation and everything else about football based on his exhaustive thirty minute "study" of his dogeared Lindys draft preview from his local Rite aid than do the 20 or so professionals who do those things every day 52 weeks a year

[B]It would be hilarious if not so pathetic[/B]

Just sayin[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.progresswear.com/images/oh-the-irony-men-main_07.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;4501643]Ducasse has no business making this team or any NFL team for that mattter and should be cut in August.[/QUOTE]

LOL. He is actually a very good run blocker right now, and if it wasn't for his issues picking up pass protection schemes, he would be starting and doing well on this team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4501538]He was drafted to play RT and was listed as a RT most of last year. Heonly played G do to injuries. Vlad has all the ability to play RT he is just a slow guy mentally and is a project. He was very raw when we drafted him. It normally takes 3 years to build an OL. If Vlad doesn't play more this year yeah he is done but you can't call him a bust yet. The coaches know where he is at. If he is that truly bad at RT he will be gone.[/QUOTE]

Where do you get it takes three years to get an olineman up to snuff? As a Umass guy, I want to root for him to make it, but if the staff thought hunter was a better option last year, that should tell you enough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Potential is what the man has. Drafted too high, but you don't want him figuring it out on another team now do you? Well you guys know best. Never once been wrong by the sound of it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501647]Our coaching staff, front office and fan base as a whole [B]not only knew, but also understood [/B]

Vlad was as raw as they come, with [B]a language barrier to overcome as well. [/B]

.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the larfs, not just once, but twice in this truncated quote. Is it possible for someone to "not only know, but to also [B]misunderstand"[/B]????

And what language barrier are you taking about!!!??? He's been in the US for 10 years and went to a 4 year state university. I'm guessing he speaks the King's English with more proficiency that "yous".:rolleyes:

And yes, I'm hoping you're right and the FO gives him at least 3-4 more years to 'develop'.