Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: These Colorado fires are getting very serious

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4501902]gawdamn cross....yo mods...is there some type of Hampeur award you can give this guy...cuz he's bringing the funee on almost every post...:yes:[/QUOTE]

I would only accept if the word "Dooshy" was somewhere on the award. :D

All League
    Got some rain in central CO!!! About 10 minutes. Bad part is rain for me means high winds and lightning to others!!!!! Hoping this really small system hits the Springs and Ft Collins but doesnt look good :(

IT IS GETTING INSANE OUT HERE!!

just an update....35,000 people now evacuated from their homes in Colorado Springs, and just started evacuating from Boulder too from that Treasure fire...plus another 2-3 days of 100+ degrees and zero precipitation...you can taste ash in the air over 100 miles away...it's getting crazy with no end in sight as the springs blaze has now jumped over the firefighters containment line...if you have friends that live in colorado, they may be asking to live with you soon as almost all the hotels are now booked too from all the evacuations. Most people here carry oxygen tanks around with them b/c they can't breathe the thin air when it's ok outside...now everyone is carrying tanks with them!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4501622]Love your new avatar lol[/QUOTE]

Would putting a gimp mask on Chance be disrespeckful?

I'd love to see his curious, omniscient, wise-beyond-his-years eyes peeking out through the slitz.

Hopefully Manning built a moat around his mansion.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4501789]That said, how come Boston never gets wild fires? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Drunks pissing on the streets has its advantages

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4501951]Drunks pissing on the streets has its advantages[/QUOTE]

Its the mollasses. Know your history.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501825]Did I ever tell you guys that they used to call me that in High School?

Bunyan. Bunyan Man. Chewbacca.

Oh, the joyful memories.

Back on topic.....****, socme of those images man. Wow. Wildfires are seriosu business, like floods and tornados and hurricanes. My future plan or living involved finding a place where none of those things ever ****ing happen.....I'm thinking the Highlands of Scotland. Nice and safe from Mother "*****" Nature up there.[/QUOTE]

Glad to reset your youth for a bit. :D;)

It's horrible, and the snow and rain in subsequent years will bring massive slides; the spring thaw will be absolutely treacherous in the affected areas; for years to come.

Horrible.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4501862]One word...

Nessie!

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/warfishnessiechance.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh man, this is good. Chance has that OMG lockyness look to him also.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crossfire;4501862]One word...

Nessie!

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/warfishnessiechance.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Peebag;4501902]gawdamn cross....yo mods...is there some type of Hampeur award you can give this guy...cuz he's bringing the funee on almost every post...:yes:[/QUOTE]

Lmao, he got my award. Dont know how I missed this one.

:yes:

-

Veteran
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;4501604]Thanks Timmy, I'm safe. We do have one burning about 45 minutes away near Leadville called treasure fire about 400 acres, fortunately it's near the tree line high alpine tundra which slowed the progress. Saw the smoke on Saturday afternoon, real scary knowing how dry it is and no rain relief in sight.

The trees are dead due to the pine beetle, which will accelerate the fires. Plus it's been super windy which is the firefighters nightmare. Another sprung up outside Boulder about 4 pm due to lightning. Needless to say all fireworks have been cancelled. We need some serious rain.[/QUOTE]

We are north of you in western montana...lots of pine beetle kill here too. there's an incredible amount of dry fuel in the mountains. We have a few fires near us now too (one about 1600 acres) and the wind has been crazy for days now, but it is still early and the true fire season has not even begun yet. Unlike a few decades ago, so many have built homes in these mountainous areas it's going to be scary. Take care brother!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Im in south Denver, smack in between Springs and Boulder. Air quality not so good. We are getting T-storms now.

I heard the Springs fire was started by jackazz rednecks shootin propane tanks. Death penality should be involved in this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4501821]Tweeted yesterday; Air Force football stadium

[IMG]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555919_486413028039876_1284876381_n.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    I know that range very well, the Rampart Range, I often ride the scooter up there. Its a huge off road area. Fortunenatly, in this photo the peaks there, not many homes, where it reaches the flats its more densly populated. Homes on 1/2 acre plots with lots of fuel surrounding the homes. Evacuation was pulled off as good as could be expected. Oh and yes that is the Air Force Academy

Be safe Firefighters.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4501901]Hell on earth. I'd be scared shltless.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;4502252]I know that range very well, the Rampart Range, I often ride the scooter up there. Its a huge off road area. Fortunenatly, in this photo the peaks there, not many homes, where it reaches the flats its more densly populated. Homes on 1/2 acre plots with lots of fuel surrounding the homes. Evacuation was pulled off as good as could be expected. Oh and yes that is the Air Force Academy

Be safe Firefighters.[/QUOTE]

At first glance, to me it looked like a volcanic erruption.

[QUOTE=dustykeller;4501936]Hopefully Manning built a moat around his mansion.[/QUOTE]

lol

[QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;4502240]Im in south Denver, smack in between Springs and Boulder. Air quality not so good. We are getting T-storms now.

I heard the Springs fire was started by jackazz rednecks shootin propane tanks. Death penality should be involved in this one.[/QUOTE]

+1. Especially if firemen continue to put themselves in danger to put the fire out, and are injured (or worse).

[IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk306/AlistairCononach/Untitled.jpg[/IMG]

Fixed.

Nessie is Scottish after all.

Btw, how is it that Stokes is not yet in this image?
    Last edited by Warfish; 06-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=gark2k;4501917]just an update....35,000 people now evacuated from their homes in Colorado Springs, and just started evacuating from Boulder too from that Treasure fire...plus another 2-3 days of 100+ degrees and zero precipitation...you can taste ash in the air over 100 miles away...it's getting crazy with no end in sight as the springs blaze has now jumped over the firefighters containment line...if you have friends that live in colorado, they may be asking to live with you soon as almost all the hotels are now booked too from all the evacuations. Most people here carry oxygen tanks around with them b/c they can't breathe the thin air when it's ok outside...now everyone is carrying tanks with them!![/QUOTE]

Prayers and thoughts Colorado.