Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: These Colorado fires are getting very serious

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4501620]Paul ****ing Bunyon dropped his smoke, POSSIBLY[/QUOTE]

Love your new avatar lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4501586]i'd say there's a good Chance.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://minus.com/jbza36VtKoYcN5_e.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4501605]Why so dooshy?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4501605]How smart are you? Dooshy? THe word is spelled douche. Hence, douchey. Obviously YOU had a fine education. LOL.Why so dooshy?[/QUOTE]

:dooshyalien:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;4501604]Thanks Timmy, I'm safe. We do have one burning about 45 minutes away near Leadville called treasure fire about 400 acres, fortunately it's near the tree line high alpine tundra which slowed the progress. Saw the smoke on Saturday afternoon, real scary knowing how dry it is and no rain relief in sight.

The trees are dead due to the pine beetle, which will accelerate the fires. Plus it's been super windy which is the firefighters nightmare. Another sprung up outside Boulder about 4 pm due to lightning. Needless to say all fireworks have been cancelled. We need some serious rain.[/QUOTE]

The next time someone complains about the weather where they live, feel free to use this -

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Yj0VU.jpg[/IMG]

Be safe!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also I think the Tebowites are going to blame this on all on the Broncos for trading Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is when you see the true tale of what is happening. Scary sh*t.

[IMG]http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/062712_burninghomescolo1_20120627_031600.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4501588]Dude, someone dropped a cigarette.[/QUOTE]

What is it with you and always steering every thread to the topic of guys' butts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My friends live in Northern Colorado, and when I have spoken to them in the last week they've said that the sky is orange. Joke all you want, but houses up there are being destroyed, and families are being put in awful situations.

Just FYI.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw a couple people who live out there on Facebook going crazy and panicking, things are hectic huh?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts out to all those affected out in Colorado.

We had some of the worst wildfires in TX history just last September. One near Austin was the worst, with about 1700 homes being destroyed and tens of thousands of acres burned. Neighborhoods were just gone.

It was horrible with other fires on the other side of Austin and several huge ones over by Houston, all at the same time. So many people lost their homes and businesses, and it has to be such a helpless feeling. So good luck to CO folks and hope for rain.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least this guy had an emergency plan in place.

[IMG]http://www.tetonwyo.org/em/docs/images/garden_hose_fire.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4501715]My friends live in Northern Colorado, and when I have spoken to them in the last week they've said that the sky is orange. Joke all you want, but houses up there are being destroyed, and families are being put in awful situations..[/QUOTE]

It's how we deal with tragedy. We are emotionally immature and scared to death of our own inevitable mortality.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4501776]It's how we deal with tragedy. We are emotionally immature and scared to death of our own inevitable mortality.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I used to work on a team treating severely mentally ill adults whose lives you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. A few them died during the time I worked there. If you had sat in on one of our staff meeting you might have thought were the most heartless sobs you'd ever met. But using black humor helped us deal with a job that paid 28K (and several co-workers had master'), psychologically felt like emptying a leaking rowboat with a shot glass and could be physically dangerous.

That said, how come Boston never gets wild fires? :confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4501776]It's how we deal with tragedy. We are emotionally immature and scared to death of our own inevitable mortality.[/QUOTE]

Are you quoting me from one of your many "Guess who just died" threads?

Side note, I've got friends and family in CO. Haven't heard anything yet from them but that definitely looks like a sh!tty situation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tweeted yesterday; Air Force football stadium

[IMG]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555919_486413028039876_1284876381_n.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4501620]Paul ****ing Bunyon dropped his smoke, POSSIBLY[/QUOTE]

Did I ever tell you guys that they used to call me that in High School?

Bunyan. Bunyan Man. Chewbacca.

Oh, the joyful memories.

Back on topic.....****, socme of those images man. Wow. Wildfires are seriosu business, like floods and tornados and hurricanes. My future plan or living involved finding a place where none of those things ever ****ing happen.....I'm thinking the Highlands of Scotland. Nice and safe from Mother "*****" Nature up there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501825][B]Did I ever tell you guys that they used to call me that in High School?

Bunyan. Bunyan Man. Chewbacca.
    [/B]
    Oh, the joyful memories.

Back on topic.....****, socme of those images man. Wow. Wildfires are seriosu business, like floods and tornados and hurricanes. [B]My future plan or living involved finding a place where none of those things ever ****ing happen.....I'm thinking the Highlands of Scotland. Nice and safe from Mother "*****" Nature up there.[/B][/QUOTE]

One word...

Nessie!

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/warfishnessiechance.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what you are, but what am I?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4501821]Tweeted yesterday; Air Force football stadium

[IMG]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555919_486413028039876_1284876381_n.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Hell on earth. I'd be scared shltless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4501862]One word...

Nessie!

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/warfishnessiechance.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

gawdamn cross....yo mods...is there some type of Hampeur award you can give this guy...cuz he's bringing the funee on almost every post...:yes: