Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Damarcus Gannaway, legit 4.3 speed at 6.2 and 205 pounds...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503153]If the only TE that you could actually come up with, is Mickey Shuler, who was drafted back in 1978 as the only pass catching TE that's been better than Keller? That just goes to show that it's been a long time coming in regards to having a pass catching TE talent such as Dustin Keller. Thank you for helping me prove my point. I've been waiting for someone to mention Mickey Shuler. As if it's a knock on Dustin Keller. Shuler may have higher career numbers, but that doesn't mean that he was always more productive when compared to Dustin Keller.

Shuler: 12 years, 438 receptions, 4,189 receiving yards, 9.5 yards per reception, 37 TD's.

Keller: 04 years, 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per receptions, 15 TD's.

It's obvious that Keller is on the verge of becoming the Jets greatest pass catching TE of all-time.

Lets take a look at how Shuler's first 4 seasons of play holds up against Keller's first 4 years in the league. To be fair, I won't use Shulers first 4 years, I'll use his first 4 seasons (there's a difference).

Shuler: 57 receptions, 649 receiving yards, 11.3 yards per receptions, 11 TD's.

Keller: 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per receptions, 15 TD's.

It's no question in regards to which TE has gotten off to a much better/more productive start to their respected careers. One thing is for sure, Dustin Keller is on the verge of going down as the greatest pass catching TE in Jets franchise history.

But, since Shuler never became a full time starter until his 7th season, to be fair to Shuler, lets take a look at Shuler's first 4 years as a stater when compared to Keller's first 4 years as a starter.

Shuler: 256 receptions, 2,770 receiving yards, 10.0 yards per receptions, 20 TD's.

Keller: 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per receptions, 15 TD's.

Keller's first 4 seasons when including the playoffs?

Keller: 239 receptions, 2,861 receiving yards, 11.9 yards per reception, 18 TD's.

Shuler put up those numbers during his 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th years in the league. He had a lot more experience when compared to Dustin Keller who's just now scratching the surface after coming off a career year.

But when it's all said and done?

Shuler played 12 years and averaged 36.5 receptions, 401.5 receiving yards, 11.0 yards per reception and 3.0 TD's per season.

Keller played 4 years and averages 53.25 receptions, 639.75 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per reception and 3.75 TD's per season.

So, I'll agree to agree with you Savage69; That Shuler is the most productive Jets TE of all-time (numbers wise). But if Keller plays another two-three seasons as a Jet? He'll break Shuler's record for receiving yards and possibly receptions and TD's. Keller's on pace of doing what Shuler did in 12 years, in only half that time of 6 years. Maybe even 7 years.
    .[/QUOTE]

OK how about Nut case Johnny Mitchell 4 years on a bad team 16 tds to 15 for Keller who played with Favre and Sanchez.. Nut job played with Browning Nagle and Glen Foley with a shot Boomer and Jack Trudeau

.. Look I like Keller but you have a tendency to overrate jet players.. And read your post you said he was already the best.. Oh and even Anthony Becht had more TD's in his first 4 years..
    Last edited by Savage69; 06-28-2012 at 06:42 PM.

All League
    Top 5 TE's I have seen (Since late 70's)

1) Mickey Shuler
    2) Jerome Barkum
    3) Dustin Keller
    4) Chris Baker
    5) Johnny Mitchell

Banned
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4503249]OK how about Nut case Johnny Mitchell 4 years on a bad team 16 tds to 15 for Keller who played with Favre and Sanchez.. Nut job played with Browning Nagle and Glen Foley with a shot Boomer and Jack Trudeau

.. Look I like Keller but you have a tendency to overrate jet players.. And read your post you said he was already the best.. Oh and even Anthony Becht had more TD's in his first 4 years..[/QUOTE]

Congrats to Anthony Becht for putting up a whopping 1 TD more than what Dustin Keller has put up after 4 years of being in the league. What you failed to mention, is that Dustin Keller has put up 93 more receptions than Becht, 1,495 more receiving yards that Becht and 58 more 1st down receptions when compared to Anthony Becht's first 4 years in the league. You also forgot to mention that Becht retired with only 188 career receptions after 11 years. Keller is at 213 after only 4. You didn't mention how Becht finished with only 1,537 career receiving yards during an 11 year career. Keller's put up 2,559 after only 4. You failed to mention how Becht retired with only 97 first down receptions after 11 years Keller has 131 first down receptions after only 4. All you mentioned is how Becht had 1 more TD after 4 years when compared to Keller (you left everything else out). I consider that agenda posting. And why am I even comparing one of 2008's best overall (top 5) pass catching draft selections (both WR's and TE's) combined to a 1st round Jet bust of a TE in Anthony Becht?

And lets not mention Johnny Mitchell due to the fact that A.) He didn't have a good quarterback and B.) Put up (another) whopping 1 more TD reception when compared to Keller. You mention the fact that Mitchell had all these JAG QB's as if I'm stupid or something. You forgot to mention the facts that Mitchell had Nagle for only two games as quarterback and Trudeau for only 5 games. Boomer Esiason was his full time quarterback for 3 of his 4 years here. Esiason had 16, 15 and 12 game seasons at QB from 1993-1995. He wasn't done either, he went on to play two more seasons after leaving the Jets. He was a much better quarterback when compared to Sanchez as of 2009-2011.

You can take Mitchell's entire 4 year career with the Jets (3 with a veteran QB in Boomer) and he only put up 158 receptions, 2,086 receiving yards, 101 first down receptions and 16 TD's. It doesn't compare to Keller's 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 131 first down receptions and 15 TD's. Is this where I congratulate Mitchell for 1 more TD reception?

Keller has done all this with a rookie QB in Sanchez who only had 1 year of college experience on an offense in 09 that ran the more more and passed the ball fewer than any other team in the league. Sanchez really struggled during his 2nd year as a raw/developing quarterback and I may disagree, but many fans around the game of football now consider Sanchez a bust after 3 NFL seasons. And you wanna talk about QB struggles?

If you feel it's right to talk about the QB's that Mitchell had (Boomer for 3 years), would it be fair if I questioned a struggling Sanchez, and asked how Keller would perform with elite QB's such as Brady (Gronk), Rodgers (Finley), Rivers (Gates), Brees (Graham) and Manning (Clark) etc, etc?

Is it really this hard for some Jet fans, such as yourself, to just admit that Dustin Keller is one of the greatest pass catching TE's our franchise has ever featured?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 07:33 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503290]Congrats to Anthony Becht for putting up a whopping 1 TD more than what Dustin Keller has put up after 4 years of being in the league. What you failed to mention, is that Dustin Keller has put up 93 more receptions than Becht, 1,495 more receiving yards that Becht and 58 more 1st down receptions when compared to Anthony Becht's first 4 years in the league.

[B]And lets not mention Johnny Mitchell[/B] due to the fact that A.) He didn't have a good quarterback and B.) Put up (another) whopping 1 more TD reception when compared to Keller. You mention the fact that Mitchell had all these JAG QB's as if I'm stupid or something. You forgot to mention the facts that Mitchell had Nagle for only two games as quarterback and Trudeau for only 5 games. Boomer Esiason was his full time quarterback for 3 of his first 4 years here. Esiason had 16, 15 and 12 game seasons at QB from 1993-1995. He wasn't done either, he went on to play two more seasons after leaving the Jets. He was a much better quarterback when compared to Sanchez as of 2009-2011.

You can take Mitchell's entire 4 year career with the Jets (3 with a veteran QB in Boomer) and he only put up 158 receptions, 2,086 receiving yards, 101 first down receptions and 16 TD's. It doesn't compare to Keller's 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 131 first down receptions and 15 TD's. Is this where I congratulate Mitchell for 1 more TD reception?

Keller has done all this with a rookie QB in Sanchez who only had 1 year of college experience on an offense in 09 that ran the more more and passed the ba;; fewer than any other team in the league. Sanchez really struggled during his 2nd year as a raw/developing quarterback and I may disagree, but many fans around the game of football now consider Sanchez a bust after 3 NFL seasons. And you wanna talk about QB struggles?

If you feel it's right to talk about the QB's that Mitchell had (Boomer for 3 years), would it be fair if I questioned a struggling Sanchez, and asked how Keller would perform with elite QB's such as Brady (Gronk), Rodgers (Finley), Rivers (Gates), Brees (Graham) and Manning (Clark) etc, etc?

Is it really this hard for some Jet fans, such as yourself, to just admit that Dustin Keller is one of the greatest pass catching TE's our franchise has ever featured?[/QUOTE]

If Keller & Mitchell were on the same team, there's a good chance Keller would never see the field.

Yes, Mitchell didn't have the career that he could have, but talent wise, there weren't alot of guys that could match up with him.

But Keller has his head on straight...something Johnny Mitchell couldn't get right.

WR Ganaway will prob make the ps tis yr.;) Jets are loaded @ WR

Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    Schilens
    White
    Turner

Not sure about Jackson, Pollard and Mcwhite.:rolleyes:

PS

Pollard
    Riley

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4503328]WR Ganaway will prob make the ps tis yr.;) Jets are loaded @ WR

Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    Schilens
    White
    Turner

Not sure about Jackson, Pollard and Mcwhite.:rolleyes:

PS

Pollard
    Riley[/QUOTE]

We are loaded with bodies not talent. I think the best wr on the roster right now is Kerley, and was one of the few players going balls out last year when the team was spiraling down. Let's see if he keeps it up this year.

[QUOTE=Funaz;4503389]We are loaded with bodies not talent. I think the best wr on the roster right now is Kerley, and was one of the few players going balls out last year when the team was spiraling down. Let's see if he keeps it up this year.[/QUOTE]

Really? So did Santonio quit the team cause nobody told me.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4503469]Really? So did Santonio quit the team cause nobody told me.[/QUOTE]

After 2010 = Jets fans ready to build a statue in front of MetLife for the "Great" Santonio Holmes.

After 2011 = Worst WR in NFL history.

Gotta love it.

[QUOTE=124;4503490]After 2010 = Jets fans ready to build a statue in front of MetLife for the "Great" Santonio Holmes.

After 2011 = Worst WR in NFL history.

Gotta love it.[/QUOTE]

That's what quitting on your team gets you.

[QUOTE=McGinley;4503494]That's what quitting on your team gets you.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, Jets fans should have known what Holmes was long ago. If it hit you in the face it couldn't be more obvious the type of player Holmes was if people paid attention to football outside of the Jets. He was like this at Ohio State and in Pittsburgh. It wasn't just a love for marijuana that made him available for such a cheap price. He's NOT a Top 10 WR, but he's in the Top 20, and can at times make some clutch plays, but he's a diva personified, a me-first player who always has been and always will be. A nice three game stretch against some **** secondaries in 2010 blinded a lot of people, I guess.

Jets Insider VIP

not really true

SOJFs still love Jerricho Cotchery who actually did quit on his team

Tone merely had enough of dumb-a$$ed game plans from his retarded offensive coordinator and wanted him GONE

and as it turned out, he was merely ahead of his time by about a week or so in making that determination

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4502973]If the Jets want Mark Sanchez to take the next step in his development,they should trade Dustin Keller.
    In the offense the Jets are about to showcase,with 4 receivers on the roster who run sup 4.30 and Holmes,Turner and Kerley who run underneath routes 3 of whom to block in space just as well or better than Keller.

Keller is Sanchez's security blanket,so if you move him it will force Sanchez to look at the assets the team has assembled around him.Why keep Keller and pay him a big contract when his skill set is not really suited to what the Jets are going to do.[/QUOTE]

Following your logic they should get rid of Hill, Kerley etc and leave only Holmes as a target so he has only 1 option.

Can't think of anything that makes [B]less[/B] sense. Get rid of his security blanket.

Too funny, you can't be serious. No way.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Another pointless post from someone who thinks they know that he quit on the team just because he got into an argument with one of the most hated Jets of all time in week 17.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4503647]Another pointless post from someone who thinks they know that he quit on the team just because he got into an argument with one of the most hated Jets of all time in week 17.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

Did you miss the articles, and quotes from players and coaches?

Q-U-I-T-T-E-R

Spinning it any other way only darkens the green tint of your glasses.

Banned
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4503328]

Jets are loaded @ WR

[/QUOTE]

Next to the Dolphins, the Jets probably have the worst WR's in the AFC.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503702]Next to the Dolphins, the Jets probably have the worst WR's in the AFC.[/QUOTE]

k

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4503675]Seriously?

Did you miss the articles, and quotes from players and coaches?

Q-U-I-T-T-E-R

Spinning it any other way only darkens the green tint of your glasses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did, all said the same things, he got into it with Hunter.

All said, in print and on TV that it was no big deal, heat of the moment thing.

You and others continue to hammer away as if anyone said he quit on the team.

Find the quotes from players and coaches that actually say he quit the last games of the season, then tell me to stop spinning. You are letting your opinion get in the the way of reality. Not what you interpret as quitting, actual quotes, as you just claimed, that say "Holmes quit the last few or any games of the season"

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503702]Next to the Dolphins, the Jets probably have the worst WR's in the AFC.[/QUOTE]

Jeebus dude, 49,591 posts and they're all the same.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4503738]Yeah, I did, all said the same things, he got into it with Hunter.

All said, in print and on TV that it was no big deal, heat of the moment thing.

You and others continue to hammer away as if anyone said he quit on the team.

Find the quotes from players and coaches that actually say he quit the last games of the season, then tell me to stop spinning. You are letting your opinion get in the the way of reality. Not what you interpret as quitting, actual quotes, as you just claimed, that say "Holmes quit the last few or any games of the season"[/QUOTE]

[I]After the game, one unnamed Jets teammate said Holmes “quit” on the team. And it didn't start this week. “He quit,” the player told Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “It’s happened for the past two to three weeks. It’s happened all season.”[/I]

[I]“I’ll tell you what, it’s tough for guys to follow a captain that kind of behaves in that manner,” LaDainian Tomlinson said. “When you’re a captain, guys are looking at you, you’ve got to lead by example. You’ve got to play your tail off until the last play. And when that don’t happen, you have guys looking at you in a way that captains shouldn’t be looked at.”[/I]

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/jets-teammate-on-holmes-he-quit/[/URL]

How much evidence is enough for you?

How many times are we going to have this dance?

[QUOTE=CraigFL;4503757]Jeebus dude, 49,591 posts and they're all the same.[/QUOTE]

We should have a countdown to 50000. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm sure he will be able to look back over the years and be so proud of all the great work he's done and the mark he's left on society