Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Damarcus Gannaway, legit 4.3 speed at 6.2 and 205 pounds...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4502474]Congratulations on successfully making yourself look like a moron.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, and it could not have been more eloquent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4502339]Wayne Chrebet? Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Wes Welker. Which one was it?[/QUOTE]

Ever the optimist, are we? Good luck with that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4502458]A shaky QB?

I don't think that is the right way to look at it at all...

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is in the bottom 3rd of the NFL in completion percentage, YPA and QB rating.

And he was also ranked #2 in QB turnovers with 18 INT's and 8 lost fumbles.

Yep, the Jets QB situation is as solid as a rock heading into the season. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4502395][B]QB MArk Sanchez *****[/B]RB Shonn Greene/Gannaway/Mcknight
    WR Santoni-ho Holmes/ Rookies & scrubs

As a Jets fan, this concerns me. I dont live a negative life, i just fear the team will not be good this year with those players at those key positions.

How is this doom and gloomy?

The defense is not a concern for me personally, but this offensive unit is looking like it is taking far too many gambles with players surrounding a shaky QB coming into a very important year.[/QUOTE]

This is the player.He is either the solution or the problem and it's as simple as that.Sanchez doesn't have to be Tom Brady,he just needs to be a better Pennington.He already has the better arm,all he needs to do is have the same or close to the same mindset.What is that mindset you asked?

"Take what the defense gives u,and exploit the big play when it becomes available".When u have a solid running game,(150-200 yards per game) you can't throw 2 ints per game behind that.A top 10 1st round pick should be able to do what Tony Sparano is about to ask Mark Sanchez to do with all the weapons he has.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4502551]Ever the optimist, are we? Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

No I'm not an optimist. This is like arguing with children. Never said he would. I said it was possible. People said the same things about those undrafted FAs. You said it was pointless. Obviously you're just trolling for a reaction, and thus not worthy of a discussion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502595]Sanchez is in the bottom 3rd of the NFL in completion percentage, YPA and QB rating.

And he was also ranked #2 in QB turnovers with 18 INT's and 8 lost fumbles.

Yep, the Jets QB situation is as solid as a rock heading into the season. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

STFU chump

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4502719]STFU chump[/QUOTE]

Can't deal with the truth RamRod?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502721]Can't deal with the truth RamRod?[/QUOTE]

How many different threads, how many different players can you trash?

Keller, WR's, QB, coaches, GM. Makes no difference.

On and on, what's your purpose here? You went from a part time troll to a full time troll.

You would think that even the dumbest of the dumb would have learned their lesson by now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4502682]This is the player.He is either the solution or the problem and it's as simple as that.Sanchez doesn't have to be Tom Brady,he just needs to be a better Pennington.He already has the better arm,all he needs to do is have the same or close to the same mindset.What is that mindset you asked?

"Take what the defense gives u,and exploit the big play when it becomes available".When u have a solid running game,(150-200 yards per game) you can't throw 2 ints per game behind that.A top 10 1st round pick should be able to do what Tony Sparano is about to ask Mark Sanchez to do with all the weapons he has.[/QUOTE]

+1

Mark isnt Brady, Rivers, or Rodgers,or Brees and im ok with that.

Those Qbs can take a group of lackluster WR's, throw them on their back, and get the job done. Brady does it year after year, Rivers did it with his top 3 WRs all injured in 2010, and we all have seen it with the Peyton Mannings of the world.

That is not Mark yet, and may never be.

SO i am concerned with the lack of proven talent at WR, and am also concerned how the team plans on re adopting the ground n pound mentality with their current RB's on the roster.

I was hoping they would give Mark more talent. I dont think he is ready to make these players better yet like the other top QBs often do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets want Mark Sanchez to take the next step in his development,they should trade Dustin Keller.
    In the offense the Jets are about to showcase,with 4 receivers on the roster who run sup 4.30 and Holmes,Turner and Kerley who run underneath routes 3 of whom to block in space just as well or better than Keller.

Keller is Sanchez's security blanket,so if you move him it will force Sanchez to look at the assets the team has assembled around him.Why keep Keller and pay him a big contract when his skill set is not really suited to what the Jets are going to do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4502973]If the Jets want Mark Sanchez to take the next step in his development,they should trade Dustin Keller.
    In the offense the Jets are about to showcase,with 4 receivers on the roster who run sup 4.30 and Holmes,Turner and Kerley who run underneath routes 3 of whom to block in space just as well or better than Keller.

Keller is Sanchez's security blanket,so if you move him it will force Sanchez to look at the assets the team has assembled around him.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard the term of a pass catching TE creates/makes for a Quarterbacks best friend? That's exactly what Keller is to Sanchez. Since when is it a "bad thing" that a QB has a pass catching TE to fall back/rely on? Brady has Gronkowski. Brees has Graham. Rivers has Gates. Manning always had Clark. Smith has Vernon Davis. Ryan has Gonzalez. Stafford has Pettigrew. Romo has Witten. Vick has Celek. Rodgers has Finley. Newton has Olsen. Dalton has Gresham. Schaub has Daniels. Each and every one of these TE's (Outside of Daniels) were targeted at least 90 times last season. Some were targeted as much as 149 times. Should all GM's and head coaches scrap these pass catching TE's, just so their quarterback could be forced into focusing on other assets that's been assembled over the years? I'm not sure you understand just how important having a pass catching TE is to a quarterbacks success during this era of football. This isn't the 70, 80, 90's or even early 2000's anymore. Every elite quarterback has a very strong/productive pass catching TE to fall back on (as a security blanket).

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4502973]Why keep Keller and pay him a big contract [/QUOTE]

I'll give you 10 examples. 1.) Dustin Keller has already became the most talented/most productive Jets TE in Franchise history, and he's only heading into his 5th season. 2.) He's improved (production wise) each of his first 3 years with Sanchez under center. 3.) He's coming off a career year. 4.) He's a matchup problem for just about any defense ala faster than most LB's, bigger/stronger than most Safety's and also has very good hands. 5.) Has the most chemistry with Sanchez when compared to any other player on the roster. 6.) Has been our most consistent offensive player since being drafted into the league back in 2008. 7.) Provides Sanchez and our offense with what every other elite quarterback is provided with; a pass catching/vertical threat of a TE. 8.) Has never been injured. Has played in all 64 regular season games since being drafted. 9.) Is a big time playoff performer. Has put up a total of 26 receptions, 302 receiving yards and 3 TD's during only 6 career playoff games ala an average of 4.3 receptions, 50.3 receiving yards and 0.5 TD's per game. 10.) The best of Dustin Keller has yet to come. He's just now starting to scratch the surface.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4502973]his skill set is not really suited to what the Jets are going to do[/QUOTE] What are you basing this off of, the ways that Shotty Jr used Keller? Because you don't know what his skill-set is/are suited for. And you don't know how Tony Sparano will use Dustin Keller either. Tony Sparano has always ran the rock in order to setup the pass. His Dolphin offenses usually always ranked top 10 in regards to 'explosive plays' ala plays of 20+ yards. Tony Sparano has a physical approach in regards to the run game, but a very vertical pass and catch type of style of attack in regards to the passing game. One thing that Tony Sparano has never had? A pass catching TE talent such as Dustin Keller himself. I'm sorry, but Anthony Fassano can never compare to a player of Keller's caliber. So you don't know how coach Sparano can (and will) use Dustin Keller, for the simple fact he's never had his hands on such as pass catching TE talent.

Fassano has been in the league for 6 years with a whopping average of only 27.3 receptions, 340.1 receiving yards, 18.5 first down receptions and 3.1 TD's per season.

Keller has been in the league for 3 years with a very productive average of 53.25 receptions, 639.75 receiving yards, 32.75 first down receptions and 3.75 TD's per season. Not only that, but he's coming off a career high under an awful offensive coordinator with 65 receptions, 815 receiving yards, 39 first down receptions to go along with 5 TD's.

In closing, the lack of respect/acknowledgement that Keller gets around here can be disheartening at times. Since you all think (and believe) that a pass catching talent such as Keller can simply be "replaced", answer this one question in which I've asked over 5 times now; prior to Dustin Keller arriving, who was our most productive pass catching TE over the past 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503049]Have you ever heard the term of a pass catching TE creates/makes for a Quarterbacks best friend? That's exactly what Keller is to Sanchez. Since when is it a "bad thing" that a QB has a pass catching TE to fall back/rely on? Brady has Gronkowski. Brees has Graham. Rivers has Gates. Manning always had Clark. Smith has Vernon Davis. Ryan has Gonzalez. Stafford has Pettigrew. Romo has Witten. Vick has Celek. Rodgers has Finley. Newton has Olsen. Dalton has Gresham. Schaub has Daniels. Each and every one of these TE's (Outside of Daniels) were targeted at least 90 times last season. Some were targeted as much as 149 times. Should all GM's and head coaches scrap these pass catching TE's, just so their quarterback could be forced into focusing on other assets that's been assembled over the years? I'm not sure you understand just how important having a pass catching TE is to a quarterbacks success during this era of football. This isn't the 70, 80, 90's or even early 2000's anymore. Every elite quarterback has a very strong/productive pass catching TE to fall back on (as a security blanket).

I'll give you 10 examples. 1.) Dustin Keller has already became the most talented/most productive Jets TE in Franchise history, and he's only heading into his 5th season. 2.) He's improved (production wise) each of his first 3 years with Sanchez under center. 3.) He's coming off a career year. 4.) He's a matchup problem for just about any defense ala faster than most LB's, bigger/stronger than most Safety's and also has very good hands. 5.) Has the most chemistry with Sanchez when compared to any other player on the roster. 6.) Has been our most consistent offensive player since being drafted into the league back in 2008. 7.) Provides Sanchez and our offense with what every other elite quarterback is provided with; a pass catching/vertical threat of a TE. 8.) Has never been injured. Has played in all 64 regular season games since being drafted. 9.) Is a big time playoff performer. Has put up a total of 26 receptions, 302 receiving yards and 3 TD's during only 6 career playoff games ala an average of 4.3 receptions, 50.3 receiving yards and 0.5 TD's per game. 10.) The best of Dustin Keller has yet to come. He's just now starting to scratch the surface.

What are you basing this off of, the ways that Shotty Jr used Keller? Because you don't know what his skill-set is/are suited for. And you don't know how Tony Sparano will use Dustin Keller either. Tony Sparano has always ran the rock in order to setup the pass. His Dolphin offenses usually always ranked top 10 in regards to 'explosive plays' ala plays of 20+ yards. Tony Sparano has a physical approach in regards to the run game, but a very vertical pass and catch type of style of attack in regards to the passing game. One thing that Tony Sparano has never had? A pass catching TE talent such as Dustin Keller himself. I'm sorry, but Anthony Fassano can never compare to a player of Keller's caliber. So you don't know how coach Sparano can (and will) use Dustin Keller, for the simple fact he's never had his hands on such as pass catching TE talent.

Fassano has been in the league for 6 years with a whopping average of only 27.3 receptions, 340.1 receiving yards, 18.5 first down receptions and 3.1 TD's per season.

Keller has been in the league for 3 years with a very productive average of 53.25 receptions, 639.75 receiving yards, 32.75 first down receptions and 3.75 TD's per season. Not only that, but he's coming off a career high under an awful offensive coordinator with 65 receptions, 815 receiving yards, 39 first down receptions to go along with 5 TD's.

In closing, the lack of respect/acknowledgement that Keller gets around here can be disheartening at times. Since you all think (and believe) that a pass catching talent such as Keller can simply be "replaced", answer this one question in which I've asked over 5 times now; prior to Dustin Keller arriving, who was our most productive pass catching TE over the past 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years?[/QUOTE]

All that for a very average TE? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503049]

I'll give you 10 examples. 1.) [B]Dustin Keller has already became the most talented/most productive Jets TE in Franchise history[/B][/QUOTE]

Really?? More then Mickey Shuler?? And don't give me Shuler played longer you just said Keller was the most productive..:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4503069]Really?? More then Mickey Shuler?? And don't give me Shuler played longer you just said Keller was the most productive..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If the only TE that you could actually come up with, is Mickey Shuler, who was drafted back in 1978 as the only pass catching TE that's been better than Keller? That just goes to show that it's been a long time coming in regards to having a pass catching TE talent such as Dustin Keller. Thank you for helping me prove my point. I've been waiting for someone to mention Mickey Shuler. As if it's a knock on Dustin Keller. Shuler may have higher career numbers, but that doesn't mean that he was always more productive when compared to Dustin Keller.

Shuler: 12 years, 438 receptions, 4,189 receiving yards, 9.5 yards per reception, 37 TD's.

Keller: 04 years, 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per receptions, 15 TD's.

It's obvious that Keller is on the verge of becoming the Jets greatest pass catching TE of all-time.

Lets take a look at how Shuler's first 4 seasons of play holds up against Keller's first 4 years in the league. To be fair, I won't use Shulers first 4 years, I'll use his first 4 seasons (there's a difference).

Shuler: 57 receptions, 649 receiving yards, 11.3 yards per receptions, 11 TD's.

Keller: 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per receptions, 15 TD's.

It's no question in regards to which TE has gotten off to a much better/more productive start to their respected careers. One thing is for sure, Dustin Keller is on the verge of going down as the greatest pass catching TE in Jets franchise history.

But, since Shuler never became a full time starter until his 7th season, to be fair to Shuler, lets take a look at Shuler's first 4 years as a stater when compared to Keller's first 4 years as a starter.

Shuler: 256 receptions, 2,770 receiving yards, 10.0 yards per receptions, 20 TD's.

Keller: 213 receptions, 2,559 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per receptions, 15 TD's.

Keller's first 4 seasons when including the playoffs?

Keller: 239 receptions, 2,861 receiving yards, 11.9 yards per reception, 18 TD's.

Shuler put up those numbers during his 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th years in the league. He had a lot more experience when compared to Dustin Keller who's just now scratching the surface after coming off a career year.

But when it's all said and done?

Shuler played 12 years and averaged 36.5 receptions, 401.5 receiving yards, 11.0 yards per reception and 3.0 TD's per season.

Keller played 4 years and averages 53.25 receptions, 639.75 receiving yards, 12.0 yards per reception and 3.75 TD's per season.

So, I'll agree to agree with you Savage69; That Shuler is the most productive Jets TE of all-time (numbers wise). But if Keller plays another two-three seasons as a Jet? He'll break Shuler's record for receiving yards and possibly receptions and TD's. Keller's on pace of doing what Shuler did in 12 years, in only half that time of 6 years. Maybe even 7 years.

Keller only needs 1,631 receiving yards to pass Shuler. That's an average of 815.5 receiving yards per season over the next two seasons. He should get it done. Especially considering the fact that he's gone from 522, 687 and 815 receiving yards during each of the past 3 seasons. He continues to improve. He's 22 TD's away from passing Shuler in TD receptions. He'll have to average 11 TD's per season over the next two years or 7.3 TD's per season over the next 3 years to do so. I believe he'll get it done. In regards to receptions? He's 225 receptions behind Shuler. Considering the fact that Keller has put up 45, 55 and 65 receptions each of the past 3 years, there's no reason to believe that Keller can't/won't average 75 receptions over the next 3 years; which would put him at 438 receptions. Good enough to tie Shuler.

In closing, just the fact that we have to mention a pass catching TE that our franchise drafted back in 1978 (30 years before the drafting of Keller), as the only pass catching TE that ranks up there with Keller's production after only 4 years of developing (3 with a very raw QB in Sanchez); just goes to show why, as a long time Jets fan; I feel that Keller is a keeper.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503153]

It's obvious that Keller is on the verge of becoming the Jets greatest pass catching TE of all-time.

[/QUOTE]

The Jets have not extended Keller because they know he does not fit into their future plans.

After the 2012 season, Keller will be catching passes for another team.

If he was anywhere as good as you make him out to be, the Jets would have already extended him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503153]If the only TE that you could actually come up with, is Mickey Shuler, who was drafted back in 1978 as the only pass catching TE that's been better than Keller? That just goes to show that it's been a long time coming in regards to having a pass catching TE talent such as Dustin Keller. Thank you for helping me prove my point. .[/QUOTE]

He didn't prove your point, he refuted it. :confused:

You asked him to name a better Jets pass catching TE than Keller and he did.

What planet are you on?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4501822]Santonio Holmes?

:rimshot:[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4503069]Really?? More then Mickey Shuler?? And don't give me Shuler played longer you just said Keller was the most productive..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Shuler was night and day ahead of Keller.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502487]
    Holmes and Hill on the outsides, with Kerley working out of the slot can combine for a strong trio of WR's.
    [/QUOTE]

A malcontent quitter who had a whopping 650 yards last year, a rookie and a JAG.

One of the worst trios in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this guy who like to write about Stats would keep Keller and i still would trade him.

Here's my reason again.

I want to see Mark Sanchez develop into the player the Jets thought he would be when they took him top 5 in the 1st round of the draft .

P.S. I think Keller is a very talented Pass catching TE who can't block the way i want if i was going to feature the RUN as the base of my offense.