Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damarcus Gannaway, legit 4.3 speed at 6.2 and 205 pounds...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Damarcus Gannaway, legit 4.3 speed at 6.2 and 205 pounds...

Steiny keeps pimping this guy as a can't miss prospect, Bent says it's not just Steiny blowing smoke up everyone's behind and that indeed he has really impressed the coaching staff. I'm trying to think who has those kind of metrics in the league but i'm having a hard time. I also like the fact that Gannaway tore it up in the arena league before signing with us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;4501636]Steiny keeps pimping this guy as a can't miss prospect, Bent says it's not just Steiny blowing smoke up everyone's behind and that indeed he has really impressed the coaching staff. I'm trying to think who has those kind of metrics in the league but i'm having a hard time. I also like the fact that Gannaway tore it up in the arena league before signing with us.[/QUOTE]

Although I don't know all that much about DaMarcus Ganaway, I do know that our 2nd round draft pick in Stephen Hill runs a 4.3 flat. For a 6'4/6'5 220 pound WR... That's very impressive.

Who has a better chance of making the team, WR DaMarcus Ganaway or his brother, RB Terrance Ganaway?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's fast though.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uPV1wrd2mc[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4501640]Although I don't know all that much about DaMarcus Ganaway, I do know that our 2nd round draft pick in Stephen Hill runs a 4.3 flat. For a 6'4/6'5 220 pound WR... That's very impressive.

Who has a better chance of making the team, WR DaMarcus Ganaway or his brother, RB Terrance Ganaway?[/QUOTE]

their not related

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if he makes the team.. That would be 3 legit 4.3 receivers on the roster.

Hill,Chaz,Ganaway

Which is a huge change from last years Group.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dexter Jackson and Eron Riley also have run under 4.3.
    Dexter's forty was faster than DeSean Jackson's at the same combine.
    Eron Riley is 6'3+ and has a 40'' vert and ran in the 4.2s

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Backfield speed

McKnight ran a 10.4 100 meter in HS.
    i suggest we add Will Demps 10.05 100 HS
    to the backfield

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edit:

I saw some of his college highlights. He looks impressive for a small school kid.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-27-2012 at 08:00 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully he beats out Patrick Turner and Scotty Mcnight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman;4501770]Hopefully he beats out Patrick Turner and Scotty Mcnight.[/QUOTE]

If all he has is "metrics", then probably not since these guys have already been on the roster.

But supposedly people are raving about the SKILL they're seeing, in which case beating out Turner/McKnight shouldn't be difficult at all . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;4501676]their not related[/QUOTE]

They're.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny is the new Al Davis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    These numbers are astounding!
    Speed = SB!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Practice squad body, nothing more. Who was the guy everyone was impressed with last year, but come game time couldn't catch a cold?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4501820]Practice squad body, nothing more. Who was the guy everyone was impressed with last year, but come game time couldn't catch a cold?[/QUOTE]

Santonio Holmes?

:rimshot:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4501822]Santonio Holmes?

:rimshot:[/QUOTE]

Touche.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We definitely could benefit from a speed boost on all squads.. however.. it seems like Sanjay Lal drank too much of Al Davis's cool-aid..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know some Jets fans regard pessimism as a badge of honor, but I don't see why our guys have to stink just because they have good #s.

Schilens is more a question of his health than his ability. If somehow he can stay on the field, he's definitely given reason to believe he'll upgrade our WR corp.

Ganaway has at least shown an ability to succeed at an AFL level. Doesn't mean much, but is better than some guy off the street.

Hill has the potential to be GREAT. Doesn't mean he will be, but doesn't mean he won't, either.

I understand if you want to water down the kool-aid, but some people automatically assume the better the guy looks, the worse he's going to be . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the kid is going to impress. Not because of his speed, but because he can play, and I come as close as I can to guaranteeing a spot on the 53 man roster. You heard it hear first...well not first, but early. Say goodbye to Turner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4501820]Practice squad body, nothing more. Who was the guy everyone was impressed with last year, but come game time couldn't catch a cold?[/QUOTE]

Damn he was from temple. He owned in practice and choked in games. Jets had another preseason practice champ a few years ago. Back when penny was qb he was tearing it up in practice, but dropped everything in the games.m