Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Damarcus Gannaway, legit 4.3 speed at 6.2 and 205 pounds...

[QUOTE=cant wait;4503780]We should have a countdown to 50000. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm sure he will be able to look back over the years and be so proud of all the great work he's done and the mark he's left on society[/QUOTE]

How's your cure for cancer coming?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cant wait;4503780]We should have a countdown to 50000. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm sure he will be able to look back over the years and be so proud of all the great work he's done and the mark he's left on society[/QUOTE]

50000 and he has been banned multiple times:eek:

track coaches prep you for the 40 time. Keep in mind its impressive but there's an art to running the 40 time that doesn't translate to Football. You aren't running track style when you are out on the football field. 40 time's are VERY overrated. A lot of the lateral drills and more than anything game tape will give you an idea for how fast a guy is with the pads on. Gannaway ran a solid 40 time but a lot of that is how he was prepped for the 40 time and how he executed. Football isn't a track race. Can he hit the hole after he breaks a tackle and outrun a safety or corner if he has the angle on them? That remains to be seen. I wouldn't put any stock on ANYbody's 40 time and think he's a can't miss guy because of it. Its dumb especially for a running back. You can't use speed at RB unless you're at the 2nd level anyway and thats the hardest part to get to for a RB.

Guy can run a 4.1 as a RB but if he can't read the hole or get the angle on anybody after he's hit the 2nd level he's just a bullet hitting a wall at close range. I'd like to see him in short yardage situations first and also given some carries like in the 2nd half of some games while defenses are a bit tired and see if he can wear them out a bit more. Also I'd like to see him and Powell compete for a position ... We may have to cut ties with one of them unless we're going into the season with 4 or 5 backs. Doubt we can keep all these guys ... remember Terminator's spot still up in the air ... we'll see

[QUOTE=Scoop24;4501680]Well if he makes the team.. That would be 3 legit 4.3 receivers on the roster.

Hill,Chaz,Ganaway

Which is a huge change from last years Group.[/QUOTE]
    Not only speed but they can block too - at least hill can. Here's a fast recap of how the draft prospects have looked so far: [url]http://bit.ly/MFA6KP[/url]

[QUOTE=FF2;4503805]How's your cure for cancer coming?[/QUOTE]

Oh right, I forgot about your other handle. Damn, 95000 posts total? You win dude

[QUOTE=Jordy;4501822]Santonio Holmes?

:rimshot:[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

[QUOTE=hmhertz;4501696]McKnight ran a 10.4 100 meter in HS.
    i suggest we add Will Demps 10.05 100 HS
    to the backfield[/QUOTE]

McKnight quit puking...that's a great sign! I see him blossing with mi hermanito Sanchez...viva Mejico!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4503772][I]After the game, one unnamed Jets teammate said Holmes “quit” on the team. And it didn't start this week. “He quit,” the player told Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “It’s happened for the past two to three weeks. It’s happened all season.”[/I]

[I]“I’ll tell you what, it’s tough for guys to follow a captain that kind of behaves in that manner,” LaDainian Tomlinson said. “When you’re a captain, guys are looking at you, you’ve got to lead by example. You’ve got to play your tail off until the last play. And when that don’t happen, you have guys looking at you in a way that captains shouldn’t be looked at.”[/I]

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/jets-teammate-on-holmes-he-quit/[/URL]

How much evidence is enough for you?

How many times are we going to have this dance?[/QUOTE]

Great an unnamed player said something.

Again, give me a quote by an actual person, not some imaginary person spewing nonsense. No one even thought that he quit in week 15 or 16. Until some unnamed person said so. You say you watch games, how many posts did you write in week 15 and 16 saying he quit?

And as I said, not some LT quote that you want to interpret as he quit, because nowhere in that quote does LT say Holmes quit.

I get it, you don't like him, makes you more open minded.
    And you have a hard on for Braylon and hate that they kept Holmes.

We've seen your dance too many times already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Give Jordy some slack Jet Nut....

After all...its an actual football post...not a personal attack on you or me or ray or some other poster hes decided to fight with..

Progress in his treatment IMHO

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4504737]Great an unnamed player said something.

[B]Again, give me a quote by an actual person, not some imaginary person spewing nonsense. No one even thought that he quit in week 15 or 16. Until some unnamed person said so. You say you watch games, how many posts did you write in week 15 and 16 saying he quit?

And as I said, not some LT quote that you want to interpret as he quit, because nowhere in that quote does LT say Holmes quit.[/B]

We've seen your dance too many times already.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I hope youve never been selected for jury duty.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4504932]LOL.

I hope youve never been selected for jury duty.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because the last thing you would want out of a juror is someone with common sense, logic and brains.

You would rather have a juror who believes what he hopes or want to be true is fact.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4505014]Yes, because the last thing you would want out of a juror is someone with common sense, logic and brains.

You would rather have a juror who believes what he hopes or want to be true is fact.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So in your estimation it's OK that LT thinks it's hard to follow a leader who "acts like that", as long as quitting isn't specifically mentioned?

Maybe he doesn't like Taco Bell? I know I'd have trouble following a leader who didn't buy chalupas after the game . . .

All Pro
    This is why I think Sporano will be perfect for this team right now. He's not gonna let any players sulk or *****, and he's going to call them out when they make a mistake. Not saying that Santonio was right, but having players held accountable will keep these things from becoming an issue this year. We need confidence, and focus. I don't care if he's the Herm Edwards of OCs. We only need 17 points a game and to keep the defense off the field a little.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4505037]This is why I think Sporano will be perfect for this team right now. He's not gonna let any players sulk or *****, and he's going to call them out when they make a mistake. Not saying that Santonio was right, but having players held accountable will keep these things from becoming an issue this year. We need confidence, and focus. I don't care if he's the Herm Edwards of OCs.[B] We only need 17 points a game and to keep the defense off the field a little[/B].[/QUOTE]

Since Rex has been here the team has avg 21.8 in 09,22.9 in 2010 and 23.6 last season..:yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4505060]Since Rex has been here the team has avg 21.8 in 09,22.9 in 2010 and 23.6 last season..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Well how about we need to score 17 points every game. Not average. Let me know our won loss record when we score 17.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4504737]Great an unnamed player said something.

Again, give me a quote by an actual person, not some imaginary person spewing nonsense. No one even thought that he quit in week 15 or 16. Until some unnamed person said so. You say you watch games, how many posts did you write in week 15 and 16 saying he quit?

And as I said, not some LT quote that you want to interpret as he quit, because nowhere in that quote does LT say Holmes quit.

We've seen your dance too many times already.[/QUOTE]

Your dance is old and tired.

So now you're doubting Jenny Vrentas' credibility? She's proving to be the Jets best beat writer. I'm sure she made it up. :rolleyes:

Gosh. LT didn't specifically use the word "quit." I'm sure if he did, you'd complain that he didn't pronounce it correctly. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=OCCH;4505019]So in your estimation it's OK that LT thinks it's hard to follow a leader who "acts like that", as long as quitting isn't specifically mentioned?

Maybe he doesn't like Taco Bell? I know I'd have trouble following a leader who didn't buy chalupas after the game . . .[/QUOTE]

He hates to be wrong.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4505269]Your dance is old and tired.

So now you're doubting Jenny Vrentas' credibility? She's proving to be the Jets best beat writer. I'm sure she made it up. :rolleyes:

Gosh. LT didn't specifically use the word "quit." I'm sure if he did, you'd complain that he didn't pronounce it correctly. :rolleyes:

[B]He hates to be wrong.[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, change your handle to "Irony," it's too perfect, and the same number of letters too...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4505282]LOL, change your handle to "Irony," it's too perfect, and the same number of letters too...[/QUOTE]

At least you're much better at counting letters than you are at counting years.

LMAO!

[QUOTE=Jordy;4505284]At least you're much better at counting letters than you are at counting years.

LMAO![/QUOTE]

I can count years just fine

Did you figure out how to search for posts that are about 3 weeks old?

Jets Insider VIP
    better to just try and ignore Jordy along with his newfound chowd troll pals. Better than letting that group just derail every thread hers at JI