Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Martin, and Not Zhen Bo Liu

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Martin, and Not Zhen Bo Liu

[QUOTE]FIRST ON 3: Suspects in delivery driver's death no strangers to trouble; Mom defends murder suspect

WWAY on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 11:59pm.

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- Three of the four suspects charged as adults in connection to the murder of a Chinese food delivery driver are no strangers to trouble. A 15-year-old boy has also been charged, but information on him is protected, because he is a juvenile.

The 15-year-old and Cornell Dwayne Haugabook Jr., 20, are charged with murder and armed robbery of Zhen Bo Liu, 60, who was found dead in a car near 13th and Queen Streets June 14. Investigators say Liu was delivering food for a Chinese restaurant when he was killed and robbed of his delivery. Investigators say the suspects then took the $48 worth of food home and ate it.

The StarNews reports the group planned the robbery before ordering the food. Assistant District Attorney Jason Smith said the 15-year-old shot Liu in the foot and then Haugabook shot him in the face, killing him. The two returned to a nearby house and shared the food with the others.

Haugabook made his first appearance in court this morning. His mother was in court for the hearing. Nadine Milton would not go on camera, but told WWAY her son moved to Wilmington four months ago. That's around the time he finished off a four-year prison sentence in Florida for armed burglary, grand theft and grand theft firearm, according to the Florida Department of Corrections website. Because he is still on probation for those crimes, a judge denied Haugabook bond this morning.

Milton said she thinks her son is too young to get the death penalty. She also said she does not think he has it in him to kill someone. Milton said her son has no money, and so she doesn't think he could afford a gun. She also said he is not in a gang.

The other suspects, Manije Daneek Johnson, 16, Rasheed Ramone Thompson, 16, and Marvin Lee White, 18, are charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in connection with Liu's death.

While none of those three have any convictions we could find, White has pending charges of larceny, having a weapon on school property, drug possession, discharging a firearm in the city limits and breaking and entering, according to court records.

Records also show Thompson has a court date next month for defacing public property.

[IMG]http://www.wwaytv3.com/files/imagecache/field_story_image/drivermurder_0.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Sixth person arrested in connection with Chinese delivery murder

WWAY on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 9:37pm.

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- Wilmington Police have arrested and charged a sixth person in connection to the murder of a Chinese food delivery driver last week.

Investigators say they arrested Nathaniel T. Lawrence, 16, last night. Lawrence is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in connection with the homicide of Zhen Bo Liu June 14 at 13th and Queen Streets.

A WPD spokeswoman said in a statement that the department has "no further comment about what his exact involvement in the case is."[/QUOTE]

Six young African Americans order Chineese food. $48.00 worth. Driver arrives, and is gunned down in cold blood in his car. The murders take the food, go inside, and chow down.

No claim of self-defense here.

So I ask, why is the Martin case National News, and this....just isn't?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501844]Six young African Americans order Chineese food. $48.00 worth. Driver arrives, and is gunned down in cold blood in his car. The murders take the food, go inside, and chow down.

So I ask, why is the Martin case National News, and this....just isn't?[/QUOTE]

The sad truth: there is no major mouthpiece pushing an agenda, and the media just flat out sucks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501844]Six young African Americans order Chineese food. $48.00 worth. Driver arrives, and is gunned down in cold blood in his car. The murders take the food, go inside, and chow down.

You know exactly why it isn't. But hey, did you hear about those poor obnoxious door to door salesmen who had the cops called on them? The huge rally for their cause starts at noon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

[B][SIZE="5"]So I ask, why is the Martin case National News, and this....just isn't?[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Where oh where is the outrage or coverage?

If these were 4 asian or whites and the delivery kid were black, watch out!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Martin was shot to death while unarmed and the police let the assailant go initially and didn't charge him. It appears these boys who shot the delivery man were not let go and were charged.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4501889]I believe Martin was shot to death while unarmed and the police let the assailant go initially and didn't charge him. It appears these boys who shot the delivery man were not let go and were charged.[/QUOTE]

Both victims were shot to death, both were unarmed.

One victim, not Martin, was robbed as well.

One victim, Martin, was accused of, with some measure of evidence supporting, physically assaulting his shooter first.

One victim, not Martin, was a clear cut case of premeditation.

One victim, not Martin, was agains six assailants.

And yes, one assailant, Martin's, was initially not arrested due to claims of self-defense, a claim not made in this horrific killing.

Now, are you saying the only reason the media is covering Martin, is because Zimmerman was not arrested in the moments after the shooting?

By the way, did you know Zimmerman has passed two polygraph examinations thus far?

I didn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all know why.

Being a white man is overrated.

So is being a yellow man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

[B]No claim of self-defense here.[/B]

You answered your own question here. The Martin case is national news because of the unique defense being used. While tragic, senseless murders happen every day. A few in Boston yesterday I'm sure no one heard about but sadly they are a daily occurance. The stand your ground case makes this national news.

P.S.: Another [I]Thoughts[/I] thread? Dont you have an opinion? :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4501943]You answered your own question here. [B]The Martin case is national news because of the unique defense being used[/B]. While tragic, senseless murders happen every day. A few in Boston yesterday I'm sure no one heard about but sadly they are a daily occurance. The stand your ground case makes this national news.

P.S.: Another [I]Thoughts[/I] thread? Dont you have an opinion? :)[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Yeah, THATS the reason why it is getting all the attention. :rolleyes:

Since when is self-defense "unique"?

C'mon man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4501943]The Martin case is national news because of the unique defense being used.[/quote]

Self-Defense is hardly unique (see the case of teh Father who beat to death his daughters sexual attacker just a week or so ago).

And nether is, for that matter, "prosecutorial discretion" is it? For example, the President just said he will not prosecute 800,000 illegals on his discretion. While certainly the discretion in FLA was in error, it's hardly unique in our criminal justice system is it?

[QUOTE] The stand your ground case makes this national news.[/QUOTE]

Except the man who wrote teh Stand your Ground Law said this case was clear cut in that Stand your Ground didn't apply (posted/linked here at the time we first discussed it).

[quote]P.S.: Another [I]Thoughts[/I] thread? Dont you have an opinion? :)[/QUOTE]

Of course I have an opinion. My opinion is that there is a 500 pound elephant int he room regarding crime in America, something you simply cannot discuss without being described as a horrible evil racist who hates poor people and just doesn't understand their plight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets face it if Martin wasn't black and Zimmerman wasn't a light skinned Latino it would be back page news. The Rev would be looking for a crime to happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.wect.com/story/18877914/why-arent-blacks-outraged-issue-of-race-in-recent-murder"]http://www.wect.com/story/18877914/why-arent-blacks-outraged-issue-of-race-in-recent-murder[/URL]

[quote]WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) A man on the other side of the country is calling for the African-American community in Wilmington, and the entire United States, to speak up about a recent murder.

Robert Oliver, of San Diego, emailed Mayor Pro-tem Earl Sheridan and the rest of Wilmington City Council to ask why no one is outraged about the June 14 murder of Zhen Bo Liu. Six black males, including two juveniles, face charges related to the crime.

[b]In his email, Oliver wrote it's "time for black people to get off the dime and not be tolerant of their own criminals."[/b]

Sheridan said that Oliver's message is wrong to make the matter a racial one. The council member said the crime does not seem to be racially-motivated, so race is not the issue.

"Just because they're black, he's calling it a racial thing," said Sheridan. "I think that smacks of racism in and of itself."

Oliver said Monday night that he wants to see both Sheridan and the NAACP proclaim violence like this to be intolerable.

"I'm seeing all of this stuff about Trayvon Martin all over the nation," said Oliver. "Why can't we see that kind of outrage about this man who was just doing his job?"

Sheridan said the crime is a shame for everyone in the community. He wants to see Wilmington improve as a positive environment for children.

"We want to be sure that all parts of our community are a nice community - that our young people grow up and do the right thing, regardless of whether they are black or white or Hispanic or whatever," Sheridan said.

Oliver added that the crime happened in Wilmington, but communities across the country should be involved.

"The black community, not only in Wilmington, but here in San Diego, Detroit and Los Angeles, should be outraged that six of their own would, in cold blood, kill a man just for kicks."

Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.[/quote]

Robert Oliver.....this guy gets it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501908]Both victims were shot to death, both were unarmed.

One victim, Martin, was accused of, with some measure of evidence supporting, physically assaulting his shooter first.

And yes, one assailant, Martin's, was initially not arrested due to claims of self-defense, a claim not made in this horrific killing.

Now, are you saying the only reason the media is covering Martin, is because Zimmerman was not arrested in the moments after the shooting?

By the way, did you know Zimmerman has passed two polygraph examinations thus far?

I didn't.[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman was not only not arrested he was sent home. I'm guessing if these boys were sent home with a claim of self defense the news would be viral. I'm outraged that this happened and I'm outragged that nobody gives a rats ass that these criminals have guns in their possession.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4502101]Zimmerman was not only not arrested he was sent home. I'm guessing if these boys were sent home with a claim of self defense the news would be viral.[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman was arrested. He wasn't charged/arraigned and was released.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4501889]I believe Martin was shot to death while unarmed and the police let the assailant go initially and didn't charge him. It appears these boys who shot the delivery man were not let go and were charged.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4501908]Both victims were shot to death, both were unarmed.

I didn't.[/QUOTE]

The national outrage in the Zimmerman case was the guy being let off without charge. Everyone knows there are hideous crimes committed all the time. They are all an outrage but not uncommon. What we don't expect is for the Justice system to let them out without charges. That to me was the outrage in the Zimmerman case. Guy shoots an unarmed kid he ought to be charged.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4502091]In his email, Oliver wrote it's "time for black people to get off the dime and not be tolerant of their own criminals."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh, Oliver.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One is a crime perpetrated and planned by criminals.

They are caught. Crime happens all over America.

Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, neither one had perpetrated a crime and one of them died because of what? A misunderstanding at best?

The two situations are vastly different.

+1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4502286]The two situations are vastly different.[/QUOTE]

Not quite, if the Martin Family and prosecuton is to be believed.

But getting some of our REAL racists to see the obvious is like pulling teeth. It's ok, we get that to some, the life of a 60 year old innocent asian man simply isn't as important, to them, the media, and some with a certain political agenda, as that of Mr. Martin, self-defense or not.

After all, it was young black men who conspired and who killed him in cold blood for $40 worth of Eggrolls. And in America today, if you talk about that in any depth, you get branded a racist and shunned.

Same way youy get branded a racist for supporting the enforcement of Law.

It's an endless circle today. If you disagree with liberalism, you are by default a racist. Pot, Kettle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4502317]Not quite, if the Martin Family and prosecuton is to be believed.

But getting some of our REAL racists to see the obvious is like pulling teeth. It's ok, we get that to some, the life of a 60 year old innocent asian man simply isn't as important, to them, the media, and some with a certain political agenda, as that of Mr. Martin, self-defense or not.

After all, it was young black men who conspired and who killed him in cold blood for $40 worth of Eggrolls. And in America today, if you talk about that in any depth, you get branded a racist and shunned.

Same way youy get branded a racist for supporting the enforcement of Law.

It's an endless circle today. If you disagree with liberalism, you are by default a racist. Pot, Kettle.[/QUOTE]

We're any threads here started when kids in Alabama ran over a black dude walking down the road?

Did liberals and Al Sharpton protest?

No.

Just stop.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...