Thread: Here It Comes - Chinese Lenders - Will They Push California Municipalities around?

Bewildered Beast

Here It Comes - Chinese Lenders - Will They Push California Municipalities around?

Local developers in Hunters Point have been crushed to the point they went to China. (I live in this area of San Francisco; it is truly the "frontier" so to speak). Kofi Annan is a top guy for Lennar; he has come to our Bayview Heights HOA meetings over past 8 years and blah blah blah - small footprint apartments; too much density for the area...just a general snowjob. Now he's going to China to get financing. With that type of investment, and a lack of local govt oversight I feel this will be a boondoggle (it already is actually) of massive proportions.

I accept that this is probably the way things will be done in the future; just taking a moment to share with my critical-thinking friends here in the Palor Tricks forum. :)

[URL]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304458604577489062449154168.html[/URL][URL]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304458604577489062449154168.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    In recent years, Chinese state money—in large part provided by CDB and its counterpart the Export-Import Bank of China—has been pivotal in funding major infrastructure and resource projects around the world, but the bulk of that activity has been in developing countries in Africa, South America and Asia.
    Enlarge Image[IMG]http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/MK-BV245A_LENNA_G_20120625183609.jpg[/IMG]

That has resulted in the construction of dams, airports, railways, highways and sports arenas that otherwise wouldn't get built, primarily in developing countries. [B]Funding is typically conditional upon Chinese developers and contractors being used to build the projects. And in order to keep costs down, and in many cases to ensure the necessary expertise, at least a portion of the workforce is flown in from China.[/B]

[/QUOTE]I don't think they will need to; plenty of ex-pat Chinese already here that can follow instructions. Chinese Americans are prominent in SF Building departments; I can tell you from personal experience as both a Commercial lender and a self employed mortgage broker.

It should be pretty easy; yet I am really intrigued by the potential for a massive F up here. Will the lenders push around San Francisco?

I mean, they will have the hammer ($$$)...

Hall Of Fame
    The Chinese are going to own this country, along with other countries not name the USA.

All Pro
    Other than the name change to Plesidio I see nothing objectionable.

;)

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4501997]The Chinese are going to own this country, along with other countries not name the USA.[/QUOTE]

The Chinese aren't going to own this country until the Japanese are good and ready to sell it to them.

Bewildered Beast
    Off to a good start...:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4502018]Off to a good start...:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Which government is further to the left, the Chinese or SF?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4502011]The Chinese aren't going to own this country until the Japanese are good and ready to sell it to them.[/QUOTE]

What about the Germans? Don't they own the NYSE already?

Its a joke how we sell ourselves to these countries. I am glad my grandfather is dead so he doesn't have to live to see this garbage. He fought in WWII and then Korea. For what? So we can piss everything away in 70 yrs.

But people will argue that it is a good thing that these countries would want to "invest" in America.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4502029]What about the Germans? Don't they own the NYSE already?

Its a joke how we sell ourselves to these countries. I am glad my grandfather is dead so he doesn't have to live to see this garbage. He fought in WWII and then Korea. For what? So we can piss everything away in 70 yrs.

But people will argue that it is a good thing that these countries would want to "invest" in America.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you no matter how crappy you have it you are growing up in far better times than your grandfather if he fought in WW2. Stop complaining and buy another Korean car.

All Pro
    As long as they don't start calling Siamese cats names like "Chance" I think we can manage