Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brian Hoyer "unsuccessfully" tried to cash in

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4502553]You mean the third string QB on the Patriots wasn't able to land a better gig elsewhere? Shocking.[/QUOTE]

Second string... for the record, it's the Jets fans starting all of these threads ****ting on the Pats and then getting upset that Pats fans jump in.

First rule of not attracting Pats trolls... don't start irrelevant threads about the Pats. The less threads you start, the less we fly to them. It's a Jets board, after all. Stick to Jets topics and it will keep things mostly under control, unless it's a major deal.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-28-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4502199]Ken knew it, and made it be known that Matt Hoyer ala the Pats back-up QB, has less interceptions than Bart Starr, Joe Montana, and Brett Favre. Name me 247 other back-up QBs that are named Matt that can say that here in 2012 or else I'm right. And don't pretend your a true fan because your all nothing but a bunch of morans. I seen it then and is saying it now. It's not a personal attack if its true ala accurate. Go aheads, I'm waiting. But somehow I don't think you can do it. See? I just knew and also understood.[/QUOTE]

BTW, you spelled Yaz's name wrong.

:P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4503120]BTW, you spelled Yaz's name wrong.

:P[/QUOTE]

BTW, it's spelled D-o-g-g-i-n-[B]g[/B]

;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4503120]BTW, you spelled Yaz's name wrong.

:P[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4503224]BTW, it's spelled D-o-g-g-i-n-[B]g[/B]

;)[/QUOTE]

You two should get a room.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This HAS to be the slowest time of the year for football talk.

Talking about a BACKUP Patriot QB on the Jet Message Board.

Can you say pwned?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502223]These types of threads put a smile on my face. Talking about a backup to Tom Brady in which no NFL team want's. Brady's turning 35, so I'm pretty sure the topic of discussion in regards to NE's future starting QB (once Brady hangs it up) should be a fun one. He's turning 35 this up coming season, he should be out of the league in 3-4 years at the very most. I can't wait to see NE without Tom Brady running the show.[/QUOTE]

It will be pretty much the same team. Brady is good, but he's not exactly a goat type player. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I still see him as a system qb.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4503302]It will be pretty much the same team. Brady is good, but he's not exactly a goat type player. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I still see him as a system qb.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4503302]It will be pretty much the same team. Brady is good, but he's not exactly a goat type player. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I still see him as a system qb.[/QUOTE]

There are three options for those who wish to crap on the winningest NFL team of the last 10+ years:

1) Brady is awesome and Belichick sucks, Brady's been carrying the team for years

2) Belichick is awesome and Brady sucks, Brady is a pure system QB and Belichick is a genius

3) They all cheat and everybody in the organization sucks

Take your pick!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You're crazy. NE may not have earned those SB's the right/legit/honest way, but Brady is still an all-time great. Top 10 without question. If he is a system quarterback, he's one of the greatest system QB's of all-time because the last time I checked... Matt Cassel only threw for 3,693 yards, 21 TD's/11 INT's with a QB rating of 89.4. Brady has put up seasons of 4,110 yards, 4,398 yards, 4,806 yards, 5,235 yards etc, etc. Has put up seasons of 23 TD's, 24 TD's, 26 TD's, 28 TD's, 28 TD's, 28 TD's (x3 not a typo), 36 TD's, 39 TD's and 50 TD's. Brady's coming off a season where he just threw for 5,235 yards, 39 TDs/12 INT's, a completion percentage of 65.6% along with a QB rating of 105.6. You think that's impressive? Think back to the year before of 2010 where Brady threw for 3,900 yards, 36 TD's/4 INT's, a completion percentage of 65.9% with a QB rating of 111.0. That's still nothing compared to his 2007 season where Brady threw for 4,806 yards, 50 TD's/4 INT's, a completion percentage of 68.freakin' 9% with a QB rating of 117.2. I think the greatest single season quarterback performance I've ever seen.

I lived through those Dan Marino days. I feared Dan Marino. But not even Dan Marino was better than Tom Brady. Marino was beyond great in his own right, and may have the better numbers (5/6 more years in the league than Brady) but Tom Brady? He's a robot inside of that pocket. The closest thing that I've ever seen to a computerized, reading defenses, generated machine. That's Tom Brady.

No fan base has ever had it worse than Jet fans. I truly believe that. From 1986-1996 (10 years) of having to deal with HOF Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. From 1983-1999 (17 years) we got hit with one of the greatest HOF QB's of all-time in Dan Marino and last but not least? Not even two years after Marino hung up cleats, our defense attacked Drew Bledsoe and ended up getting hit with yet again, another all-time great at the QB position in Tom Brady dating back to 2001. It's been 11 years and counting in regards to Brady and the Patriots. I remember the hit on Bledsoe like it were yesterday. I was so glad to see Brady come off the bench, I thought the Patriots were done for after Bledsoe went down. Boy was I wrong. 11 years later, and this machine is still playing stronger/better than ever.

The only thing that can slow down Tom Brady, is Tom Brady's age in itself; which is why I put such a high emphasis on Brady turning 35 come August 3rd. No QB has ever played at this level into their 40's, which is why I tell myself that the end for Brady and the Patriots is very near. In less than 5 years (hopefully sooner) the madness will be over. No more Kelly, no more Marino and no more Brady inside of our own AFC East division. Chances are, if the history of the sport means anything, we'll go another 10, 15, maybe even 20 years before the Dolphins, Patriots or Bills feature another HOF QB leading either of those 3 franchises.

So, no, I'll agree to disagree; in 4-5 years the Patriots won't be the same team. They'll have to replace Brady, Welker, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Branch, Warren and Wilfork etc, etc. They may also have to replace coach Bill Belichick. Thy may never be able to "replace" a Tom Brady though. I know it's been 12 years and Miami still hasn't replaced Marino and it's also been 16 years and Buffao still hasn't replaced Kelly. I think Doug Flutie was the closest they've came. Which is bad.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 08:32 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503325]
    So, no, I'll agree to disagree; in 4-5 years the Patriots won't be the same team. They'll have to replace Brady, Welker, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Branch, Warren and Wilfork etc, etc. They may also have to replace coach Bill Belichick. Thy may never be able to "replace" a Tom Brady though. I know it's been 12 years and Miami still hasn't replaced Marino and it's also been 16 years and Buffao still hasn't replaced Kelly. I think Doug Flutie was the closest they've came. Which is bad.[/QUOTE]

This is a very even-handed and sensible analysis of the situation. You could have just said that in the first place and avoided all the nasty responses.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4503335]This is a very even-handed and sensible analysis of the situation. You could have just said that in the first place and avoided all the nasty responses.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I understand that great coaches go with great QBs and it will be interesting to see what happens when bill leaves, or Brady leaves. It's no coincidence that no coach ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams, same for QBs. Usually it's with both of them the magic happens.

There are coaches who win with multiple QBs though, so who knows. I tend to think that the top QBs aren't that much better than the worst ones, they are just in a better fit.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4503386] I tend to think that the top QBs aren't that much better than the worst ones, they are just in a better fit.[/QUOTE]

So, you don't think there's a big difference between Aaron Rodgers and Kellen Clemens? Or Peyton Mannig and Ryan Leaf? What about Tom Brady and Charlie Batch? How about Joe Montana and Patrick Ramsey? Better yet, what about Cam Newton/Mike Vick vs Quincy Carter? Carter never threw more TD's than INT's during a single season. Last but not least, you've never seen a gigantic difference between QB's such as Dan Marino and Chris Weinke? Or Jim Kelly and Matt Leinart? I can go on and on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady will be gone in way less than 4-5 years. No way Jizabella, not to mention all his boyloves are going allow him to play until he is nearly 40. Tammi will be exiting from the scene after the 2013-14 season and Cheatin' Billy will either join him or hang around for one more year to watch the Ryan "Leaf" Mallet error begin, the Cheaters return to their more customary spot at the bottom of the division, the stadium in Sucksboro return to half empty as the frontrunners all break both ankles jumping off the bandwagon and, best of all, this terrific Jets message board become, once again choll trowd free

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4502575]Second string... for the record, it's the Jets fans starting all of these threads ****ting on the Pats and then getting upset that Pats fans jump in.

First rule of not attracting Pats trolls... don't start irrelevant threads about the Pats. The less threads you start, the less we fly to them. It's a Jets board, after all. Stick to Jets topics and it will keep things mostly under control, unless it's a major deal.[/QUOTE]

Ryan Mallet > Brian Hoyer. Even New England knows it. Hoyer's #3.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4503478]Brady will be gone in way less than 4-5 years. No way Jizabella, not to mention all his boyloves are going allow him to play until he is nearly 40. Tammi will be exiting from the scene after the 2013-14 season and Cheatin' Billy will either join him or hang around for one more year to watch the Ryan "Leaf" Mallet error begin, the Cheaters return to their more customary spot at the bottom of the division, the stadium in Sucksboro return to half empty as the frontrunners all break both ankles jumping off the bandwagon and, best of all, this terrific Jets message board become, once again choll trowd free[/QUOTE]

Given your extreme suckage at predictions, we can all look forward to Brady playing into his 60s, the Pats owning the Jets in perpetuity, and this board being renamed PatsInsiderSouth. Oh, and they'll take away your computer privileges at the asylum.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;4503487]Ryan Mallet > Brian Hoyer. Even New England knows it. Hoyer's #3.[/QUOTE]

Hoyer is #2, Mallet was not even game day active for most of the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;4503497]Hoyer is #2, Mallet was not even game day active for most of the season.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about this year. Hoyer won't be above Mallet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    this TOO will, thankfully no longer be needed

This message is hidden because GuidoYaztremski is on your ignore list.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4503302]It will be pretty much the same team. Brady is good, [B][U]but he's not exactly a goat type player[/U][/B]. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I still see him as a system qb.[/QUOTE]

And you guys wonder why people laugh at Jets fans. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503524]And you guys wonder why people laugh at Jets fans. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. No one wonders why there are a percentage of silly Jets fans. It's pretty universally accepted that all fan bases have their share of fans with extreme opinions.

Really, the only thing anyone wonders about here is - why are you such an aszhole?