Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Hoyer "unsuccessfully" tried to cash in

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502275]You should stop being such a troll, or at the very least, if you can't control your trollish ways/behavior; at least try and stay on topic without derailing/hijacking each and every thread into a "Jets suck, blah blah, Patriots are better blah blah, my team is better than yours etc, etc" [B]Now, tell me, what does NE's current backup situation/future starting situation have to do with the "Jets"[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Ummm...read the thread title there Statz. There's a clue there for ya.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502267]Yes, Tony Eason was awful the mid to late 80's and Cassel has been less than impressive over the years. Chances are, both of NE's current backups would also fall flat on their face in regards to trying to lead a franchise in replace of Brady. Big shoes to fill.[/QUOTE]

Eason was so bad he led the Pats to the Super Bowl.

Something no Jet QB has done for 44 years.
    Last edited by FF2; 06-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502275]You should stop being such a troll, or at the very least, if you can't control your trollish ways/behavior; at least try and stay on topic without derailing/hijacking each and every thread into a "Jets suck, blah blah, Patriots are better blah blah, my team is better than yours etc, etc" Now, tell me, what does NE's current backup situation/future starting situation have to do with the "Jets"?[/QUOTE]

Because jet fans posted that without Brady they will fall off the edge, ignoring the fact that the pats won 3 division titles and went to the SB since kraft brought the team in 93 without Brady.

Back on topic, when Hoyer leaves after this year The pats will bring in a Vet QB as the third string guy. A guy like Shaun Hill, Billy Volek type to be third string.
    Mallet will be the #2. Or they might go with a Henne/Staton type that is still young enough to develop more in case Mallet does not progress as hoped..

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4502260]Oh yeah? Name 133 that are better or I'm right.[/QUOTE]

Pick a defense out of the 4 that will finish last of those 4.

I'll give you a hint. Don't say Bills or Dolphins.

Then pick the top 8 players on that team.

The 3 that are left are the worst.

There you go.

Jets Insider VIP
    After Brady...

...the Patriots will dissolve into the faggotry that is New England.

No one will care.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4502303]After Brady...

No one will care.[/QUOTE]

+1

The Bills with a stupid accent. :yes:

[QUOTE=freestater;4502333]+1

The Bills with a stupid accent. :yes:[/QUOTE]

lol.....Good thing NYers and NJites have no accent.;)

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4502352]lol.....Good thing NYers and NJites have no accent.;)[/QUOTE]

Pronounce "Roof".

You'll understand what a New Yorker says.

Someone from New England sounds like they're barking.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4502354]Pronounce "Roof".

You'll understand what a New Yorker says.

Someone from New England sounds like they're barking.[/QUOTE]

Ask a chowd to say PARK THE CAR.

[QUOTE=Mardukis;4502377]Ask a chowd to say PARK THE CAR.[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady's not even from the New England region.

All Pro
    With so many regional dialects and colloquialisms across the country I find it amusing that anyone, especially New Yawkaas, rag on others language quirks. :D

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502264]Chances are, the Patriots coaching will take a step in the wrong direction once Brady walks away. I can't picture Bill Belichick continuing to coach the Patriots once Brady walks away. God forbid he goes on to have Cleveland Brown types of losing seasons with NE after Brady... He'll go down as a fraud. His best bet, is to ride off into the sunset once Brady can no longer perform. But yeah, it's just gonna be fun watching NE scramble to find their next QB (for which could be many of years to come) once an all-time great such as Brady retires.[/QUOTE]

Funny, this is the one football topic where you throw all the stats and clear-headed exposition out the window and devolve into full-on biased Pats-hating.

Do you have any legitimate links, quotes, anything, etc. to back up anything you say here? Belichick's the highest paid coach in all four major sports. He's going to waltz into Canton first-ballot. He's got 5 rings. He's won more Coach of the Year awards post-Spygate than pre-Spygate. Has he said or done anything up to this point to suggest he's worried about his legacy?

I think he'll retire on his own terms, not just when Brady does. If he's a true Parcells disciple he'll never truly retire.

Stick to your usual areas of expertise.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-28-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502223] I can't wait to see NE without Tom Brady running the show.[/QUOTE]

You saw it 3 years ago.

Pats still won 11 games and finished ahead of the Jets.

Nothing will change when Brady hangs them up.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4502506]I think he'll retire on his own terms, not just when Brady does. If he's a true Parcells disciple he'll never truly retire.
    [/QUOTE]

Belicheck will retire; then a year later he'll be tempted out of retirement to coach the NEW YORK JETS.

:D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4502303]After Brady...

No one will care.[/QUOTE]

BB will also be gone from the team, because he knows he will never have a chance to win without Brady.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502513]You saw it 3 years ago.

Pats still won 11 games and finished ahead of the Jets.

Nothing will change when Brady hangs them up.[/QUOTE]

When they had their team in its prime; When Brady goes, so will Bellichuck....

Banned
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4502425]With so many regional dialects and colloquialisms across the country I find it amusing that anyone, especially New Yawkaas, rag on others language quirks. :D[/QUOTE]

Only when it comes to you chowds. Your accent is the only one that's worse than ours. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4502284]Eason was so bad he led the Pats to the Super Bowl.

Something no Jet QB has done for 44 years.[/QUOTE]

Wow. At least let Tx type out his crappy posts himself.

[QUOTE=JamesR;4502515]Belicheck will retire; then a year later he'll be tempted out of retirement to coach the NEW YORK JETS.

:D[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine if Belichick retires, Rex ultimately finds himself on the hot seat years down the road, and Woody tries to bring Belichick back in? Holy ****, that sequence of events would be too hilarious not to just laugh at.

You mean the third string QB on the Patriots wasn't able to land a better gig elsewhere? Shocking.