Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Hoyer "unsuccessfully" tried to cash in

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Beli will find a new Brady easy as pie

I mean, look how easy it's been for the Dolphins to find the new Marino

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4502234]Kind of old news. As others mentioned, it's pretty hard to see where Hoyer's trade value comes from without anything other than garbage time experience under his belt. I see the most likely scenario being Hoyer remains the backup this season and then signs on next year with a team where he can compete in camp for a starting job.

As for Mallett... anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's. He's still extremely raw, and wasn't even dressed for the majority of games last season. Is he really content to sit for 4-5 total years? I don't know... but this isn't comparable to the Rodgers situation at all. Rodgers was definitely Favre's heir apparent, and only remained on the bench as long as he did because Favre reneged on his retirement timetable and threw a wrench into the Packers' plans.

I'd say there's a solid chance Brady's successor will come from somewhere else.[/QUOTE]
    Tim Tebow's Jets contract will expire right about the same time as Brady's retirement.

Just saying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan Mallet? I think he'll be a solid starter there in 2015.

Surprised the Pats haven't traded Hoyer already. Such a waste to have 4 QB's on the roster and it looks like they will do it again here in 2012.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4502215]If Matt Hoyer was really any more than a JAG, would Beli the Genius have peed away a second round pick on Ryan "Leaf" [B]Clement[/B] in order to have a QB of the future on the Cheatriot roster?[/QUOTE]

Who the h3ll is Clement?

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502233]That's my goal every season. We haven't won the division, but we did beat the Patriots during the regular season followed by eliminating them from the playoffs (In Foxboro) and also advanced deep into the playoffs. That's good enough for me until we actually bring one home. With all that said, I remember what happened to Miami's franchise once Dan Marino walked away. Hopefully the same happens to NE x2.[/QUOTE]

Right. And I guess you forget that last season you were swept and missed the playoffs entirely?

Oh, and both Miami's ownership AND coaching has been a joke sine Marino. NE suffers no such affliction.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hoyer? Mallett? Who cares! The Patriots go from a perennial Super Bowl Contender to an above average/Wild Card Caliber team without Brady. I'm just thrilled we don't have to deal with this more than 2-3 years. The Patirots are 1 major injury to Brady or 2-3 years away from coming back to the pack. Cannot imagine Bellichek even stays when Brady retires. As smart as Bellichek is, doubt he wants to prove it without an all-time great QB.
    Last edited by Dynamic Hip Screw; 06-27-2012 at 05:23 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4502241]Tim Tebow's Jets contract will expire right about the same time as Brady's retirement.

Just saying.[/QUOTE]

He's already got great chemistry with Hernandez! :cool:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502223]These types of threads put a smile on my face. Talking about a backup to Tom Brady in which no NFL team want's. Brady's turning 35, so I'm pretty sure the topic of discussion in regards to NE's future starting QB (once Brady hangs it up) should be a fun one. He's turning 35 this up coming season, he should be out of the league in 3-4 years at the very most. I can't wait to see NE without Tom Brady running the show.[/QUOTE]

So thats your strategy? Wait for 3 or 5 years?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4502249]So thats your strategy? Wait for 3 or 5 years?[/QUOTE]

Or 44

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So no more Pats fans telling me that they have 3 of the 4 best QBs in the division?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4502251]So no more Pats fans telling me that they have 3 of the 4 best QBs in the division?[/QUOTE]

The Pats have 3 of the 4 best QBs in the division.

:alien:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4502254]The Pats have 3 of the 4 best QBs in the division.[/QUOTE]

And 3 of the 4 worst defensive players in the division.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4502237]I'm sure Beli will find a new Brady easy as pie

I mean, look how easy it's been for the Dolphins to find the new Marino[/QUOTE]

And the Jets to find another Namath.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4502255]And 3 of the 4 worst defensive players in the division.[/QUOTE]

Gary Guyton's gone and you only get to count Sergio Brown once. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4502255]And 3 of the 4 worst defensive players in the division.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? Name 133 that are better or I'm right.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4502243]Oh, and both Miami's ownership AND coaching has been a joke sine Marino. NE suffers no such affliction.[/QUOTE]

Chances are, the Patriots coaching will take a step in the wrong direction once Brady walks away. I can't picture Bill Belichick continuing to coach the Patriots once Brady walks away. God forbid he goes on to have Cleveland Brown types of losing seasons with NE after Brady... He'll go down as a fraud. His best bet, is to ride off into the sunset once Brady can no longer perform. But yeah, it's just gonna be fun watching NE scramble to find their next QB (for which could be many of years to come) once an all-time great such as Brady retires.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502264]Chances are, the Patriots coaching will take a step in the wrong direction once Brady walks away. I can't picture Bill Belichick continuing to coach the Patriots once Brady walks away. God forbid he goes on to have Cleveland Brown types of losing seasons with NE after Brady... He'll go down as a fraud. His best bet, is to ride off into the sunset once Brady can no longer perform. But yeah, it's just gonna be fun watching NE scramble to find their next QB (for which could be many of years to come) once an all-time great such as Brady retires.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky the Jets don't have that problem, here in 2012.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4502212]Cassel is evidence for any team to not acquire a Patriots backup.

Cassel and Tony Eason.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Tony Eason was awful the mid to late 80's and Cassel has been less than impressive over the years. Chances are, both of NE's current backups would also fall flat on their face in regards to trying to lead a franchise in replace of Brady. Big shoes to fill.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502267]Yes, Tony Eason was awful the mid to late 80's and Cassel has been less than impressive over the years. Chances are, both of NE's current backups would also fall flat on their face in regards to trying to lead a franchise in replace of Brady. Big shoes to fill.[/QUOTE]

True again. Yet the Jets should have an easy time of it replacing Sanchez should he show no improvement this year or next. I hear he wears a size 6 1/2.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4502269]True again. Yet the Jets should have an easy time of it replacing Sanchez should he show no improvement this year or next. [B]I hear he wears a size 6 1/2[/B].[/QUOTE]
    Is that the kind of stuff that's bantied about at the donut shop?

By the way, with a 10 1/2 inch hand, I doubt his shoe size is 6 1/2.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4502265]You're lucky the Jets don't have that problem, here in 2012.[/QUOTE]

You should stop being such a troll, or at the very least, if you can't control your trollish ways/behavior; at least try and stay on topic without derailing/hijacking each and every thread into a "Jets suck, blah blah, Patriots are better blah blah, my team is better than yours etc, etc" Now, tell me, what does NE's current backup situation/future starting situation have to do with the "Jets"?