Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brian Hoyer "unsuccessfully" tried to cash in

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4503495] and this board being renamed PatsInsiderSouth. [/QUOTE]
    Thanks to trolls like you and the board's tolerance, this place has been that for the last few years.:rolleyes:

All League
    Most fans tend to overrate players on their team that others consider to be of unestablished or mediocre talent. Has Hoyer looked okay to good in the limited playing time he's had? Sure but not enough, long enough to determine how good he is/isn't.

My prediction is that he will sign with a team during free agency next year and compete with that team's QB for the starter. I don't see him signing as a back up to any franchise QBs.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4503562]Thanks to trolls like you and the board's tolerance, this place has been that for the last few years.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Especially when you have Jets fans always starting threads like this one.

All League
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4503302]It will be pretty much the same team. Brady is good, but he's not exactly a goat type player. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I still see him as a system qb.[/QUOTE]

If it merely takes a "system" to make a QB good to great then why don't all teams use the same system? That thinking defies logic.

Brady's teflon is wearing a little thin... not wishing for it but this is the year he gets knocked out for at least a couple of games. So maybe we'll see what the pats have without him.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503421]I can go on and on.[/QUOTE]

No kidding.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503421] I can go on and on.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2;4504367]No kidding.[/QUOTE]
    lolz

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504224]Especially when you have Jets fans always starting threads like this one.[/QUOTE]

Perrhaps we should redirect to a PATS site for real insight on football.

You know, the fans who appeared in 2001.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4504225]If it merely takes a "system" to make a QB good to great then why don't all teams use the same system? That thinking defies logic.[/QUOTE]

It takes the right system for the players, and a feel for play calling, situations, and adjustments. I quite frankly know how the Pats do it, or who does it. You tell me.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4504604]It takes the right system for the players, and a feel for play calling, situations, and adjustments. I quite frankly know how the Pats do it, or who does it. You tell me.[/QUOTE]

True is a symbiotic relationship. It's not that The Patriot system is so amazing that you can run it everywhere with any qb and get Brady type performance. It's lots of things coming together to make the magic. Then you can groom players to fill in when needed.

I think Rogers is another example of system qb. When your backup comes in and lights it up ala Flynn did its a good chance the offense as a whole is just coached very well. We'll See how good Flynn looks this year in Sea, but I doubt he will look as good as he did in gb.

Also look at Peyton, who was essentially the offense. He took A crappy team and made them perennial 12 game winners. I am really interested to see what he does in Denver.

I also consider Elway a great qb, shannanhan hasn't done crap with any other Qb except an all time great one, and is proving he wasn't.as important to those Super Bowl victories as the qb. This Is in contrast to Brady and bellichek, where it's the coaching that carried them not an all time great qb.

I know it sounds crazy, whatever though I am crazy.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4504608]True is a symbiotic relationship. It's not that The Patriot system is so amazing that you can run it everywhere with any qb and get Brady type performance. It's lots of things coming together to make the magic. Then you can groom players to fill in when needed.

I think Rogers is another example of system qb. When your backup comes in and lights it up ala Flynn did its a good chance the offense as a whole is just coached very well. We'll See how good Flynn looks this year in Sea, but I doubt he will look as good as he did in gb.

Also look at Peyton, who was essentially the offense. He took A crappy team and made them perennial 12 game winners. I am really interested to see what he does in Denver.

I also consider Elway a great qb, shannanhan hasn't done crap with any other Qb except an all time great one, and is proving he wasn't.as important to those Super Bowl victories as the qb. This Is in contrast to Brady and bellichek, where it's the coaching that carried them not an all time great qb.

I know it sounds crazy, whatever though I am crazy.[/QUOTE]

Peyton ran the offense in Indy. It'll be interesting to see how it looks and works in Denver right away.

Rodgers is a great QB in a great system.

Elway overcame a terrible offensive system in Denver. Never had a running game until the end, and won through sheer talent, but he was no genius.

What I really want to know is who's system they're running in Foxboro? Belicheck? Brady? Who runs the offense? Do they even have an OC?

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4504612]

What I really want to know is who's system they're running in Foxboro? Belicheck? Brady? Who runs the offense? Do they even have an OC?[/QUOTE]

Charlie Weiss created that offense when the Pats went with Brady over Bledsoe.

BB was smart enough to recognize the system worked with Brady and continued to build around it (all the draft choices used for Olinemen).

That offense will only get better this year with McDaniels back.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504622]Charlie Weiss created that offense when the Pats went with Brady over Bledsoe.

BB was smart enough to recognize the system worked with Brady and continued to build around it (all the draft choices used for Olinemen).

That offense will only get better this year with McDaniels back.[/QUOTE]

Well I knew where it came from, but how does it keep evolving, and who makes the weekly game plans? Charlie didn't fare as well as his system. I mean it even made Cassal look good. It's just something that I don't think has ever happened before. An offensive system that keeps on clicking at a top level through wholesale changes in personnel. Even without an OC at times. Is it Belicheck? That may explain why the defense has suffered.

Rookie
    If it is a system that is making Brady look so good, how come nobody else is copying and using it?

I think you may be wrong and Brady is a bigger part of the offense than some give him credit for. Not a mobile QB, he's a cerebral QB.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4504632]Well I knew where it came from, but how does it keep evolving, and who makes the weekly game plans? Charlie didn't fare as well as his system. I mean it even made Cassal look good. It's just something that I don't think has ever happened before. An offensive system that keeps on clicking at a top level through wholesale changes in personnel. Even without an OC at times. Is it Belicheck? That may explain why the defense has suffered.[/QUOTE]

I think BB has a ton of input into the offense, but, especially the last 3 or 4 years, I think Brady has had alot of input into the weekly gameplans, especially things he is comfortable with.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504622]Charlie Weiss created that offense when the Pats went with Brady over Bledsoe.

That offense will only get better this year with McDaniels back.[/QUOTE]

Patriots' offense is dominant because BB has this ability to stay a few years ahead of the defenses in his schemes. He's constantly evolving him with the right buy back there (Brady), and uses his players to their strengths, instead of forcing the offense to play a certain way regardless of personnel. BB understands this better than anyone. This, plus the best offensive line coach (IMO, WAY underrated) in the game - who consistently makes outstanding players out of his line - Dante Scarnecchia.

Banned
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4505094]Patriots' offense is dominant because BB has this ability to stay a few years ahead of the defenses in his schemes. He's constantly evolving him with the right buy back there (Brady), and uses his players to their strengths, instead of forcing the offense to play a certain way regardless of personnel. BB understands this better than anyone. This, plus the best offensive line coach (IMO, WAY underrated) in the game - who consistently makes outstanding players out of his line - Dante Scarnecchia.[/QUOTE]

That is what you call a well-informed, very observant, quality post.

Not sure if any Pats fan could have stated that better.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4505137]That is what you call a well-informed, very observant, quality post.

Not sure if any Pats fan could have stated that better.[/QUOTE]

I mean....Brady is gay........:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503421]So, you don't think there's a big difference between Aaron Rodgers and Kellen Clemens? Or Peyton Mannig and Ryan Leaf? What about Tom Brady and Charlie Batch? How about Joe Montana and Patrick Ramsey? Better yet, what about Cam Newton/Mike Vick vs Quincy Carter? [B]Carter never threw more TD's than INT's during a single season[/B]. Last but not least, you've never seen a gigantic difference between QB's such as Dan Marino and Chris Weinke? Or Jim Kelly and Matt Leinart? I can go on and on.[/QUOTE]

He did filling in for Chaddy cakes in 04..:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502233]That's my goal every season. [B]We haven't won the division[/B], but we did beat the Patriots during the regular season followed by eliminating them from the playoffs (In Foxboro) and also advanced deep into the playoffs. That's good enough for me until we actually bring one home. With all that said, I remember what happened to Miami's franchise once Dan Marino walked away. Hopefully the same happens to NE x2.[/QUOTE]

We did in 02..:yes: