Thread: My Latest Rap Battle

Hall Of Fame
    The children.

I weepz for them.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;4502619]Just curious...which one are you? I only got through about 4 minutes of it when I heard my wife coming. I had to shut it down quicker than pron. I couldn't even begin to explain that I was watching a couple of sports nerds rap against each other because it was recommended to me on the sports nerd site I MODERATE.

I'd rather explain to her ass to mouth.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even last that long. As soon as I saw the fat kid with the glasses "rapping", I hated myself so severely for watching it that I contemplated suicide.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4502742]I couldn't even last that long. As soon as I saw the fat kid with the glasses "rapping", I hated myself so severely for watching it that I contemplated suicide.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we just don't understand it.

I, quite frankly, was stumped as to what I was watching. I got about 30 seconds into the first guys "rap" and was done.

Where were they-looked like a soundstage. Shouldn't it be in a gansta alley or something?

Do people pay money to see that? Do people WIN money for out-rapping the other guy?

Is the decision voted on, like "you didn't suck as bad as the other guy, so you win"?

Perplexing.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4502785]Maybe we just don't understand it.

I, quite frankly, was stumped as to what I was watching. I got about 30 seconds into the first guys "rap" and was done.

Where were they-looked like a soundstage. Shouldn't it be in a gansta alley or something?

Do people pay money to see that? Do people WIN money for out-rapping the other guy?

Is the decision voted on, like "you didn't suck as bad as the other guy, so you win"?

Perplexing.

_[/QUOTE]

I agree with Stokes. Perplexing.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Nobody tops Cypress Hill............

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qhnS22q1J8[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4502490]You look European.[/QUOTE]

/thread :D

[QUOTE=JStokes;4502785]Maybe we just don't understand it.

Perplexing.

_[/QUOTE]

I'm the tall guy. This was shot at a TV Studio for Columbia Access Television and aired on their TV station a few times and reached thousands of viewers. I have battled at numerous places and events before. Some of them are "more street". Decisions are made by judges. You can see their opinions in the end. They are usually fellow battlers. People pay money to go to events yes. Battling is very big and there are tons of videos on youtube now days.

All League
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4502428]lol, it's all ****ing nerdy white guys[/QUOTE]

A fap battle might be more believable. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Like nother poster said, kidos for putting yourself out there like that. Thats very admirable and you can use that as an asset in the real world.

But the rap was terrible. Im sorry. It was bad. I couldnt get through more then 30 seconds of it. Maybe i just dont have a taste for this stuff and im not getting it. But i just dont hink this is any good. Am i wrong?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4503361]I'm the tall guy. This was shot at a TV Studio for Columbia Access Television and aired on their TV station a few times and reached thousands of viewers. I have battled at numerous places and events before. Some of them are "more street". Decisions are made by judges. You can see their opinions in the end. They are usually fellow battlers. People pay money to go to events yes. Battling is very big and there are tons of videos on youtube now days.[/QUOTE]

Hang on. Columbia access television? Columbia, as in the Ivy league university? These are Ivy league nerds trying to act hard?

And people pay money to see this???

[IMG]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002641083/3649326924_lol_guy_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    And the emcee was soooooo bad. I was thinking, "well, at least it cant get any worse then this guy.". And then the rap started.

Columbia Missouri.

And what do you expect for a battle? It's free entertainment.

All League
    That emcee made it really bad.

Do a rap about the hampur, and read it at the reunion

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4503361]I'm the tall guy. This was shot at a TV Studio for Columbia Access Television and aired on their TV station a few times and reached thousands of viewers. I have battled at numerous places and events before. Some of them are "more street". Decisions are made by judges. You can see their opinions in the end. They are usually fellow battlers. [B]People pay money to go to events yes.[/B] Battling is very big and there are tons of videos on youtube now days.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4503451]Columbia Missouri.

And what do you expect for a battle? [B]It's free entertainment[/B].[/QUOTE]

I still don't get what [I]it[/I] is, this "battle" thing. Besides, if it's free "entertainment", what people are paying to go see it? And how much are the PSLs?

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JStokes;4503558]I still don't get what [I]it[/I] is, this "battle" thing. Besides, if it's free "entertainment", what people are paying to go see it? And how much are the PSLs?

_[/QUOTE]

Its free entertainment on TV. But to watch it live, you need a ticket. But, before you need a ticket, you need a PSL. But, before you need a PSL, you need to be on the waitlist for 10-15 years.

As Mink says, battling is very big. I'm sending my youngest to start battling lessons before he starts nursery school in the fall. I want him to have every advantage in life.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503572]Its free entertainment on TV. But to watch it live, you need a ticket. But, before you need a ticket, you need a PSL. But, before you need a PSL, you need to be on the waitlist for 10-15 years.

As Mink says, battling is very big. I'm sending my youngest to start battling lessons before he starts nursery school in the fall. I want him to have every advantage in life.[/QUOTE]

If having a ton of youtube videos is evidence of something being "big", then I guess cute cats are really really really really "big".

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4503404]Hang on. Columbia access television? Columbia, as in the Ivy league university?
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4503451]Columbia Missouri.
    [/QUOTE]

This might be my favorite exchange I've seen in a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4503373]A fap battle might be more believable. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jyc4vuSrtjia6.png[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You left a C out of the thread title.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503572]Its free entertainment on TV. But to watch it live, you need a ticket. But, before you need a ticket, you need a PSL. But, before you need a PSL, you need to be on the waitlist for 10-15 years.

As Mink says, battling is very big. [B]I'm sending my youngest to start battling lessons before he starts nursery school in the fall. I want him to have every advantage in life.[/B][/QUOTE]

:applause:

I did think Mink had some good line though. Would be better with a beat behind it rather than a cappella, no?