Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chimp Attack Lady to Sue State of CT

All League

Chimp Attack Lady to Sue State of CT

Seriously? It's the states fault? And $150m?

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chimpanzee-attack-victim-faults-state-officials-16667198[/url]

Lawyers for a Connecticut woman severely disfigured in a chimpanzee attack have filed papers accusing state officials of failing to seize the animal before the mauling despite a staff member's warning that it was dangerous.

Attorneys for Charla Nash filed documents Wednesday with the state claims commissioner that explain why she should be allowed to sue the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection for $150 million. The commissioner must approve any lawsuit against the state. A hearing was set for Aug. 10.

The chimpanzee ripped off Nash's nose, lips, eyelids and hands before being killed by police outside Nash's friend's home in Stamford. Nash has had a face transplant since the 2009 attack.

Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen says the state shouldn't be held liable.

Jets Insider VIP
    She got a face transplant. What more does this lipless ghoul want?

All League
    I'd hope the States Commisioner would review it, and says "Have a Coke, and shut the fvck up."

Or something along those lines.

Or even "Fvck you and your fish eatin friend."

Jets Insider VIP
    Friggin lawyers

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Feed her to the Lions.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

When are the leaders in this country finally going to address the scourge of bath salts abuse among our chimp population?

In a way, it is the state's fault for not having stricter "exotic pet" laws...something they are only putting in place now, after the attack.

Frankly, I don't blame her...even though a portion of any monetary award will be coming directly out of my pocket.

All League
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4502767]In a way, it is the state's fault for not having stricter "exotic pet" laws...something they are only putting in place now, after the attack.

Frankly, I don't blame her...even though a portion of any monetary award will be coming directly out of my pocket.[/QUOTE]

Population of Ct is about 11 million people. If she gets $150m, that's about $13.63 a person.

For $150m, I say we buy her another chimp to finish the job.

[QUOTE=Big L;4502779]Population of Ct is about 11 million people. If she gets $150m, that's about $13.63 a person.

For $150m, I say we buy her another chimp to finish the job.[/QUOTE]

11 million? It's more like 3.5 million - so let's call it $50 per person.

I'm OK with that for someone who had their face ripped off.

Heck, I'd have a beer with her.

All League
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4502795]11 million? It's more like 3.5 million - so let's call it $50 per person.

Heck, I'd have a beer with her.[/QUOTE]

Shyt, that's even worse. About $42.86 each. "I'm stupid, everyone pay me." don't float with me.

I'd have a beer with the chimp who gets the job done.

[QUOTE=Big L;4502803]Shyt, that's even worse. About $42.86 each. "I'm stupid, everyone pay me." don't float with me.

I'd have a beer with the chimp who gets the job done.[/QUOTE]

I'm usually on your side with this sort of thing, but in this case I don't consider the victim "stupid". Maybe a bit naive and too trusting of her friend who owned the chimp, but not necessarily stupid.

Now, the b**** who owned the ape...she's stupid. But, unfortunately she's dead now so we can't extact any vengance on her.

Let's face it (no pun intended), the state shouldn't allow people to have chimps or other dangerous animals as pets.

All League
    I hope the case gets thrown out, then I'll give you the address to send me your $42.86.

[QUOTE=Big L;4502818]I hope the case gets thrown out, then I'll give you the address to send me your $42.86.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it would be $85.72, since my wife an I file jointly.

And, since most people in Bridgeport and Hartford don't pay taxes, it would be more than that.

I'm not saying she should get $150 million, but I do think she should get enough money so that she is financially secure for the rest of her life.

The state (all states) should make dangerous pets illegal. Then, if anything like this ever happens again - be it a chimp, tiger, pitbull, whatever - the state is off the hook and the individual who decides to own the animal is liable not only financially, bit criminally as well.

All League
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4502828]Actually, it would be $85.72, since my wife an I file jointly.

And, since most people in Bridgeport and Hartford don't pay taxes, it would be more than that.

I'm not saying she should get $150 million, but I do think she should get enough money so that she is financially secure for the rest of her life.

The state (all states) should make dangerous pets illegal. Then, if anything like this ever happens again - be it a chimp, tiger, pitbull, whatever - the state is off the hook and the individual who decides to own the animal is liable not only financially, bit criminally as well.[/QUOTE]

Chimp At Your Own Risk, I always say.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Big L;4502830]Chimp At Your Own Risk, I always say.[/QUOTE]

What did she think was going to happen going over there with that expression on her mug?

The dead chimp with the stomach full of cheeks and eyes is the real victim here.

WHo advocates for Mr. Flips?

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks to Obama and his cronies....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4502583]She got a face transplant. What more does this lipless ghoul want?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]The dead chimp with the stomach full of cheeks and eyes is the real victim here.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :chimp:

It was a 200 lb chimp... I wouldn't go near that thing, I don't care how tame.
    It's still an animal and multiple times stronger than any man alive.

From the reports i read... It ripped off her lips, eye lids, and hands?! The woman was blinded too as result of the attack.

I feel badly for her. Glad she's still alive for her family, though.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Big L;4502779]Population of Ct is about 11 million people. If she gets $150m, that's about $13.63 a person.

For $150m, I say we buy her another chimp to finish the job.[/QUOTE]

LOL'ed and woke up wife.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4502795]

Heck, I'd have a beer with her.[/QUOTE]

Hampur reunion tentative schedule -

9:00 AM - Meet CHANCE the cat!

10:30 AM - A public measurement of JStokes (tape measures will be provided)

11:30 AM - Meet and Greet with Chimp Attack Lady- (bring your cameras and pets!)