Thread: A Question for My Liberal Friends

Jets Insider VIP

A Question for My Liberal Friends

If the mandate (or the entire bill even) is overturned today, how long are you going to whine about it being a politicized, partisan decision by the SCOTUS? When will you get over the outrage long enough to start having a serious conversation in Congress about REAL health [I]care[/I] and [I]cost[/I] reform?

;)

Practice Squad
    There's no reason to not have that conversation no matter what the outcome was.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4502612]If the mandate (or the entire bill even) is overturned today, how long are you going to whine about it being a politicized, partisan decision by the SCOTUS? When will you get over the outrage long enough to start having a serious conversation in Congress about REAL health [I]care[/I] and [I]cost[/I] reform?

;)[/QUOTE]

Lolz.

Lol.

Lolz.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4503207]Lolz.

Lol.

Lolz.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

Context.

I know keeping up really isn't your thing.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4502612]If the mandate (or the entire bill even) is overturned today, how long are you going to whine about it being a politicized, partisan decision by the SCOTUS? When will you get over the outrage long enough to start having a serious conversation in Congress about REAL health [I]care[/I] and [I]cost[/I] reform?

;)[/QUOTE]

I guess the question is for you now.

No, it applies to you even moreso.

Obamacare is still a costly fustercluck bureaucratic nightmare that benefits:

Big Pharma
    Healthcare Insurance Companies

It's health insurance. It is not health [I]care[/I].

The USSC did not invalidate the 1400 exemptions that Obama incompetently gave or any of the other many structural (financial) problems of this Godzilla-like government disaster which makes the whole thing unworkable.

Liberals think they have the Single-Payer or something akin to Single-Payer. Obamacare is not even close to Single-Payer.

It's just a...fustercluck!

:jets17

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4503358]No, it applies to you even moreso.

Big Pharma

The USSC did not invalidate the 1400 exemptions that Obama incompetently gave or any of the other many structural (financial) problems of this Godzilla-like government disaster which makes the whole thing unworkable.

Liberals think they have the Single-Payer or something akin to Single-Payer. Obamacare is not even close to Single-Payer.

:jets17[/QUOTE]

I just meant the part about How long will you whine about it.

Hopefully everyone will wake up and will try to improve it.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4503358]No, it applies to you even moreso.

Big Pharma

:jets17[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4503376]Hopefully everyone will wake up and will try to improve it.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Just remember, the leading argument in support of the bill was "Let's just pass it first and [I]then[/I] read it"

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4502612]start having a serious conversation in Congress about REAL health [I]care[/I] and [I]cost[/I] reform?[/QUOTE]

Reform with R and D. Good luck with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4503364]I just meant the part about How long will you whine about it.[/QUOTE]

Link to any complaints of the Supreme Court making this a political decision... you know, like the point of the thread.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4503406]LOL

Just remember, the leading argument in support of the bill was "Let's just pass it first and [I]then[/I] read it"[/QUOTE]

Our healthcare has been F'd up for a very longtime. Any action is better than the status quo.

[QUOTE=cr726;4503603]Our healthcare has been F'd up for a very longtime. Any action is better than the status quo.[/QUOTE]

No doubt that's true but if we end up having a massive tax increase and we don't substantially bend the curve on health care spending as a result of this new policy, I'm afraid that wouldn't be true.

If health care costs continue to spiral out of control and we are just adding more people into that system, this bill while covering more people is going to create enormous drag on the entire economy leading to millions of underemployed and unemployed people over a very long period of time.

If the cost of health care can be reduced substantially this will be far better than the status quo.