Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4505251]You know this for certain, let's see your facts. Should be plenty of court orders to prove your gps point. I'll wait[/QUOTE]

Because Federal Court orders are the kind of thing the average American can look up in three minutes, when even Congress con't get the full document story after getting 20,000 documents to-date, amirite?

You'll be waiting quite a while, I'd guess. Doesn't prove your (or his) point either way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4505241]Difference is they were traced with GPS devices and it was done with the Mexican govt's knowledge. Fast and Furious was either A: an amateurish debacle, or B: a blatant left-wing maneuver to ultimately neuter the second amendment. There is no C.[/QUOTE]

You may want to read this.

[B]Gun dealer and writer Mike Detty was a central figure in Wide Receiver, who, in his capacity as confidential informant for ATF, sold 450 rifles and handguns to suspected traffickers. As Paul Barrett reported in Bloomberg Businessweek, “The vast majority of the guns were never recovered by U.S. authorities.”[/B] This means control was not maintained on all deliveries, and it is impossible to tell if any people have been killed, and if so, how many. Still, it's crucial to note Detty was told that surveillance would be maintained, and he took great personal risk to assist law enforcement.

Relying on a past relationship that has yielded exclusive reports in this column (this correspondent put Detty and Oversight Committee investigators in touch with each other in August, 2011), Gun Rights Examiner approached him to get a clarifying perspective on these claims.
    [B]
    “It's amazing how much traction that RFID story gets,” Detty replied. “While there were a couple times during Wide Receiver that tracking devices were placed on cars there was not a single weapon that was outfitted with any kind of tracking instrument.”[/B]

“ATF purchased that Yugo from me and as far as I know it is still in their evidence locker,” Detty continued. “Someone might say, maybe Detty didn't know they put tracking devices on the guns. Well, guns came to me from distributors and went from my possession at my home to the bad guys' possession. There would have been no opportunity for ATF to place tracking devices in any of the guns. While they might have small and effective tracking devices now, my Tucson ATF branch did not have access to anything that would work in 2007.”

[url]http://www.examiner.com/article/truth-about-operation-wide-receiver-important-to-determine[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4505255]Because Federal Court orders are the kind of thing the average American can look up in three minutes, when even Congress con't get the full document story after getting 20,000 documents to-date, amirite?

You'll be waiting quite a while, I'd guess. Doesn't prove your (or his) point either way.[/QUOTE]

The info is out there, he is making claims he can't back up, yet I just linked an article completely contradicting his claims in a few minutes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4505258]The info is out there, he is making claims he can't back up, yet I just linked an article completely contradicting his claims in a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

:dunno:

You didn't link Court Records. You linked an article.

Old debate, not going to have it again, but if you want to take an article as face value, ok, I generally don't. Especially when it comes to our Government and how the media reports on it, from smallest local jurisdictions to the Feds at the top.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://democrats.oversight.house.gov/images/stories/wide_receiver.pdf[/url]