Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some 4:15 Games to Now Start at 4:25

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Some 4:15 Games to Now Start at 4:25

Some 4:15 Games to Now Start at 4:25

NFL shifts CBS & FOX late doubleheader kickoff times to ensure more football for fans

4:25 PM ET Kickoff Time Reduces Overlap With 1:00 PM Games

The kickoff time for Sunday late afternoon doubleheader games on CBS and FOX will be moved from 4:15 PM ET to 4:25 PM ET, the NFL announced today. The 4:05 PM ET kickoff time for games not on the doubleheader network will remain unchanged.

The 4:25 PM ET kickoff time will reduce instances in which fans miss the end of a 1:00 PM ET game telecast because they must receive the opening kickoff of their home team’s late-afternoon game. In addition, fans not in the cities of the late doubleheader opponents will be less likely to miss the beginning of the late doubleheader game.

In researching the kickoff time shift, the NFL analyzed games from the 2009-11 seasons and found that 44 games required part of the audience to be switched to a mandatory doubleheader game kickoff. With a 4:25 PM ET kickoff time, that number that would have been reduced by 66 percent to only 15 games.

Approximately 40 games over the full 2012 season will be impacted by the 10-minute kickoff time shift – with half of those moves coming in games played in Mountain or Pacific time zones with 1:25 PM or 2:25 PM local starts.

[url]http://nflcommunications.com/2012/06/28/nfl-shifts-cbs-fox-late-doubleheader-kickoff-times-to-ensure-more-football-for-fans/[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's only a difference of 10 minutes, which will increase fans overall enjoyment of their football season. I like this move.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got absolutely crucified for bringing this up last year... I need to find that thread...

Found it...

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4184454]it seems like you're getting pissed at people for not giving a **** about a problem seemingly you only face and have an issue with.

people aren't stupid, they just don't care enough.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:
    Last edited by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite; 06-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, now we'll have to wait forever for 60 Minutes to come on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4502879]It's only a difference of 10 minutes, which will increase fans overall enjoyment of their football season. I like this move.[/QUOTE]

I have heard that they did it for betting. Apparently, when games overlapped, the betting dropped like a rock and ratings did as well. With the extra time, degenerate gamblers a better opportunity to place more bets after seeing the results of the 1st batch of games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4502892]Great, now we'll have to wait forever for 60 Minutes to come on.[/QUOTE]

Im sure it will be available at your nursing home for you and the 80+ demographic who cares about 60 Minutes

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4502907]Im sure it will be available at your nursing home for you and the 80+ demographic who cares about 60 Minutes

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

?

He's clearly joking.

Good move by the NFL here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4502907]Im sure it will be available at your nursing home for you and the 80+ demographic who cares about 60 Minutes

That's true.

They could keep showing us the same Mike Wallace re-runs from the '70s and we'd never know the difference.

Come to think of it....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4502912]?

He's clearly joking.

Good move by the NFL here.[/QUOTE]

One must first possess a sense of humor to get a joke.

And agreed. Good move that was long overdue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we know what games theses are?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks NFL - for ten more minutes of commercials.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best part of this is later starts means there is less to watch of the terrible pregame show on NBC.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    AFAIK this affects two Jets games this year...

Sunday Sept. 16 at Pittsburgh 4:15pm (CBS)

Sunday Oct. 21 at New England 4:15pm (CBS)

If I am correct those will both now be 4:25 starts.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/schedule_2012.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good. So now the Jets crowd will be 10 minutes drunker than usual... and show up at their seats at what? 5:30?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4503028]Oh good. So now the Jets crowd will be 10 minutes drunker than usual... and show up at their seats at what? 5:30?[/QUOTE]

I don't think a matter of "10 minutes" will matter in regards to overall drunkenness. It's either you're drunk or you're not. It's as simple as that. A whopping 10 minutes won't change that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503068]I don't think a matter of "10 minutes" will matter in regards to overall drunkenness. It's either you're drunk or you're not. It's as simple as that. A whopping 10 minutes won't change that.[/QUOTE]

Someone has never been to one of Mike D's tailgates.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4503028]Oh good. So now the Jets crowd will be 10 minutes drunker than usual... and show up at their seats at what? 5:30?[/QUOTE]

And still not be loud enough.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503068]I don't think a matter of "10 minutes" will matter in regards to overall drunkenness. It's either you're drunk or you're not. It's as simple as that. A whopping 10 minutes won't change that.[/QUOTE]

^^^ slow drinker ^^^

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually respond to your daily criticisms but 60 Minutes has always been and still is the best news show on television. There's a good reason for its longevity.I record it every week. Because it never starts on time in the fall, I have to set the DVR to record whatever the official 8pm CBS show is as well. Long live 60 Minutes. Carry on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

We finally agree. :yes: