Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a pipe and a bud in my son's closet last night.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4503136] When I attended some guys shot heroin but now you can snort it so, it's more popular.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the art of snorting heroin has just recently been introduced.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4503393]+1, it's an emerging problem in my town. Absolutely ridiculous.

This thread raises an interesting question for myself. I'm getting married soon, and I've never tried weed in my life. Ever. I just wasn't ever interested in it. My fiancee never tried it either. It's not like we're all goody two shoes, it's just not something we ever had a desire to partake in.

Well one day we'll have kids, and neither of us have any experience to draw on in this regard.[/QUOTE]

I think you guys owe it to your future children (and to yourselves) to find out.

You will laugh, eat and fall asleep. Most benign "drug" there is. Drinking is far more dangerous.

Doctors prescribe way more dangerous drugs than marijuana. Xanax, Zoloft, Amitriptyline.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    shakin,

Please feel free to send me the confiscated contraband. I will conduct an exhaustive examination of the substance and submit a well researched analysis of it to better inform you of the severity and potency of the substance.

I'm just here to help.

-FS

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4503471]Yes, the art of snorting heroin has just recently been introduced.[/QUOTE]

Where I grew up and live my friends older brothers would not let us get involved with heroin not that we wanted to we considered it dirty, that and coke were always discouraged. We were smoking dope in 5th grade and snorting coke by 7th grade, snorting heroin wasn't popular around here in the early 80's in HS they shot heroin. It's easier to deal with all the way around nowadays, at least where I live, especially in the mind of the recreational drug user making it more popular. Does that explain it better for you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4503393]+1, it's an emerging problem in my town. Absolutely ridiculous.

This thread raises an interesting question for myself. I'm getting married soon, [B]and I've never tried weed in my life. Ever[/B]. I just wasn't ever interested in it. My fiancee never tried it either. It's not like we're all goody two shoes, it's just not something we ever had a desire to partake in.

Well one day we'll have kids, and neither of us have any experience to draw on in this regard.[/QUOTE]

Good for you Paulie. Neither have I. :yes:

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4503439]ok, had the chat. He clearly had no idea it was coming, and he was home all day, which means he didn't realize I found it, which means he's not a daily torcher.

Sat him down, looked him in the eye and asked him if he knows how long weed stays in your system. He got the big eyed "oh sh:t" face. "Whu?" So I asked him again. "Do you know how long weed stays in your system?"

.....homina homina homina, um "No."

That's when I took out the home drug test kit, and put it on the table in between us.

"..gulp..."...flop sweat....

I said "weed stays in your bloodstream for around a month. So if a kid were to be tested every couple of weeks, he'd get caught every time."

The oh sh:t face turned into the sheepish red-faced "I'm bagged" face.

"I want you to go up into your room and take a good look at everything that matters to you. Then I want you to imagine having none of it."

"Dad, I swear, it was only a cou-"//"[B][U]NONE OF IT[/U][/B]."

He shrunk in his chair and welled up a bit, more from embarrassment and shame than anything else -- he's a good kid and he knows he f-cked up. He said "I'm sorry."

I let it go at that.

Tomorrow I'll talk to him about some of the people we know who f-cked up their lives pretty royally through substance abuse, and how they pretty much started out with spliff before moving on to harder crap.

And he'll be pissing in a cup every couple of weeks for the forseeable future.[/QUOTE]

Well done, shakin. Handled it perfectly, IMO

Didn't try to sell him the lies of the "dangers" of marijuana, but fact remains that it is still illegal activity and therefore a risk to living a "clean" life, especially important in his youth. You sound like a really good father who encourages his kid to make his own choices, but smart and informed ones.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 06-29-2012 at 09:22 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fltflo;4502928]Sad thing is I would much rather have
    my 18 year old smoking some buds , yet the laws in this country drive them all to the bottle. My opinion is this so much more harmful to there long health. Then add in the need to piss in a bottle for almost everything you need, job,insurance,post accident and you see how it's just not worth the hassle. The only a answer is to fight for legalization,yet the drug testing industry have and will continue to spend millions to prevent that from every happening.

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ascngg[/url][/QUOTE]

I had an organic chem teacher in college and he said take the bud crush it. Take a dry frying pan heat to medium and warm it for 5 minutes. Now you will have the best tea in the world.....ALLEGEDLY :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4502875]Kids have the worst hiding places[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

If your parents can find your stash...then so can the cops.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread raises an interesting question for myself. I'm getting married soon, and I've never tried weed in my life. Ever. I just wasn't ever interested in it. My fiancee never tried it either. It's not like we're all goody two shoes, it's just not something we ever had a desire to partake in.

[IMG]http://fishooked.minus.com/jRHOnaGdyfxU3_e.jpg[/IMG]

What a couple of squares :P

Just kidding.
    However heroin is something that absolutely scares the crap out of me,and its one thing I never even tried - this is coming from someone that did LSD regularly (at least for awhile).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

That may be so, but you'll learn 'em how to maintain an inspection-ready sock-drawer at an early age, putting them WAY ahead of their classmates. :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    late last night DWC posted a 9,000-word opus on his experiences with weed, or more specifically, "smoking 8 blunts of the 'dro."

i demand to know what happened to that post :mad:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4503439]ok, had the chat. He clearly had no idea it was coming, and he was home all day, which means he didn't realize I found it, which means he's not a daily torcher.

Sat him down, looked him in the eye and asked him if he knows how long weed stays in your system. He got the big eyed "oh sh:t" face. "Whu?" So I asked him again. "Do you know how long weed stays in your system?"

.....homina homina homina, um "No."

That's when I took out the home drug test kit, and put it on the table in between us.

"..gulp..."...flop sweat....

I said "weed stays in your bloodstream for around a month. So if a kid were to be tested every couple of weeks, he'd get caught every time."

The oh sh:t face turned into the sheepish red-faced "I'm bagged" face.

"I want you to go up into your room and take a good look at everything that matters to you. Then I want you to imagine having none of it."

"Dad, I swear, it was only a cou-"//"[B][U]NONE OF IT[/U][/B]."

He shrunk in his chair and welled up a bit, more from embarrassment and shame than anything else -- he's a good kid and he knows he f-cked up. He said "I'm sorry."

I let it go at that.

Tomorrow I'll talk to him about some of the people we know who f-cked up their lives pretty royally through substance abuse, and how they pretty much started out with spliff before moving on to harder crap.

And he'll be pissing in a cup every couple of weeks for the forseeable future.[/QUOTE]

Nice... Well done

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4503614]late last night DWC posted a 9,000-word opus on his experiences with weed, or more specifically, "smoking 8 blunts of the 'dro."

i demand to know what happened to that post :mad:[/QUOTE]

He self-deleted it.

But the mods can still see it.

I'm only up to chapter 12.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4503551]Good for you Paulie. Neither have I. :yes:

_[/QUOTE]

i think it was clear to us all that you've never been high.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4503551]Good for you Paulie. Neither have I. :yes:

_[/QUOTE]

Did you ever have to deal with this issue with your kids?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4503393]Well one day we'll have kids, and neither of us have any experience to draw on in this regard.[/QUOTE]

lolz! Just like my dad :P

I remember when he found my pipe. He came into my room:

[IMG]http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/angry-son-i-am-disappoint.png[/IMG]
    Son. I found this in your room today. I thought I talked to you about smoking tobacco and why it's wrong.

[IMG]http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean).png[/IMG]
    Yes, Dad. Tobacco. Sorry. I never learn my lessons.

[QUOTE=Fishooked]this is coming from someone that did LSD regularly (at least for awhile).[/QUOTE]

Well, that certainly explains a lot :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4503617]He self-deleted it.

But the mods can still see it.

I'm only up to chapter 12.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. He gave us the short version - good thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503630]Thanks for the heads up. He gave us the short version - good thinking.[/QUOTE]

you'll need like 8 blunts of 'dro to make it through the complete draft.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4503632]you'll need like 8 blunts of 'dro to make it through the complete draft.[/QUOTE]

That's cool...as long as I'm not driving until at least 30 minutes later.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4503632]you'll need like 8 blunts of 'dro to make it through the complete draft.[/QUOTE]

If it takes 8 blunts, he's smoking some sh*tty commercial stuff that probably smells like Big Lots knock off Polo colgne and has more seeds than a pomegranate.