Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bruschi: Choice between SB ring and HOF, a "no-brainer"

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4503007]Gholston[/QUOTE]

Gholston hit the mother lode.

Set for life and not even sore when he gets up every day.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4502990]Que up Jets fans response: "Too bad Bruschi doesn't have a legitimate Super Bowl ring."[/QUOTE]

Truth hurts don't it.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Who cares?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The goal in the sport is to win the SB. Being recognized as one of the GOAT is nice too.

The goal is to make money, a ridiculous amount if possible. A HOF career is the best way of making the money. I rather have the money over the rings.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sect313;4503004]Sports Science replayed the Tuck Rule, courtesy of the 2001 AFC divisional playoffs.

Should the Tuck Rule have been ruled
    a fumble?

The 2001 AFC divisional playoffs introduced the world to the Tuck Rule. The rule in question (NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2) stated that if a passer lost possession as he was attempting to tuck the ball back toward his body, it was a forward pass. But if the passer had already tucked the ball into his body and then lost possession, it was a fumble. Simple rule, no? Well, no. The Raiders were clinging to a 13-10 lead over the Patriots with 1:50 to play when on a first-and-10 from the Raiders' 42, Tom Brady dropped back to pass. We asked ESPN Sport Science to replay the rest. Here's what it found:

With his elbow cocked at roughly 80 degrees, the ball is at its highest point as Brady begins his throwing motion with his shoulders turned and his elbow moving forward.

During the motion, the ball moves forward one foot, but it's clear Brady has decided not to pass, as his elbow angle remains unchanged and the ball is moving downward. This is the start of the tuck.

As Brady brings the ball down, the angle between his elbow and torso decreases from 90 degrees -- a throwing motion -- to 45 degrees. The ball is now 18 inches from his face mask.

By the time Raiders CB Charles Woodson makes contact with the QB, Brady has placed both hands on the ball, which is now less than a foot from his chest, and his right arm is fully tucked against his torso. Woodson's hit jars the ball loose, and Raiders LB Greg Biekert falls on it.

Conclusion: On the field, the play was ruled
    a fumble, before the video judge overruled it and declared it an incomplete pass. Ten years later, we're overturning it again. Brady had brought the ball into his body and had tucked it with both hands. The play was a fumble. Raiders' ball.

Now, if only we could pull all the players out of retirement to finish the game.[/QUOTE]

What an outstanding read. Just goes to show us in detail in regards to what every true football fan already knew; it was a fumble. No doubt about, without question, the worst call the NFL/Ref's have ever made. They handed the Patriots that SB victory, because without the Raiders getting cheated, the Patriots would have never advanced to the Super Bowl.

The Patriots have honestly never won a legit/honest/pure super bowl under Belichick and Brady. First the "tuck rule" followed by a loss of a 1st round draft pick and Bill Belichick getting fined due to cheating other teams, cheating the league and cheating the game of football. They didn't lose that first round draft pick for nothing, and Belly didn't get fined for being a nice man/good person. They cheated.

The NFL/Refs advanced them to the Super Bowl after the Raiders beat them. Sad. But at least football fans around the world understand that their ***3 rings*** are all tainted. Why do you think Bruschi always talks like this? He's always saying that "“A Super Bowl, a championship is something you earn,” Bruschi said. “And it’s something that can never be taken away". He must feel like a complete fraud when surrounded by players such as Irving, Montana, Sanders, Rice, and yes, even L.T because Tomlinson earned his way into the HOF. Why do you think he's said this same exact sentence at least 20-30 times over the past couple of years? Because he has a chip on his shoulder, even worse, he lives with a guilty conscience. He knows why his head coach in Bill Belichick was fined. He understands why NE lost a 1st round draft pick. He not only knows but also understands that Tom Brady fumbled that Football and that NE never deserved to play during the super bowl that followed. He has a guilty conscience, so maybe by saying the same thing over, and over, and over again... He'll one day convince himself that he's "earned" those *rings*.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aM-JxUVYDM[/url]
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 06:20 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4503175]Who cares?[/QUOTE]

You know, that's the kind of pissy attitude I like!

;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503238]What an outstanding read. Just goes to show us in detail in regards to what every true football fan already knew; it was a fumble. No doubt about, without question, the worst call the NFL/Ref's have ever made. They handed the Patriots that SB victory, because without the Raiders getting cheated, the Patriots would have never advanced to the Super Bowl.

The Patriots have honestly never won a legit/honest/pure super bowl under Belichick and Brady. First the "tuck rule" followed by a loss of a 1st round draft pick and Bill Belichick getting fined due to cheating other teams, cheating the league and cheating the game of football. They didn't lose that first round draft pick for nothing, and Belly didn't get fined for being a nice man/good person. They cheated.

The NFL/Refs advanced them to the Super Bowl after the Raiders beat them. Sad. But at least football fans around the world understand that their ***3 rings*** are all tainted.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aM-JxUVYDM[/url][/QUOTE]

To quote a great JI poster: Who cares? :zzz:

[QUOTE=revischrist;4503006]David Carr just won a super bowl and I am sure he would rather have that ring than have Dan Marino's career. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I imagine that 99 percent of all players in all superbowls are NOT in the HOF.

In effect, erased from memory. A HOF player with no ring is revered. Butkis, Marino come to mind.

bruschi, if he ate a sh1t sandwich would say its better than steak.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=patman;4503195]The goal is to make money, a ridiculous amount if possible. A HOF career is the best way of making the money. I rather have the money over the rings.[/QUOTE]

If you are HOF caliber, you most likely have been making money.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4503111]I agree with him.[/QUOTE]
    Of course.

What else would he say?

He has no idea what it feels like to be a HOF caliber player.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503238]What an outstanding read. Just goes to show us in detail in regards to what every true football fan already knew; it was a fumble. No doubt about, without question, the worst call the NFL/Ref's have ever made. They handed the Patriots that SB victory, because without the Raiders getting cheated, the Patriots would have never advanced to the Super Bowl.

The NFL/Refs advanced them to the Super Bowl after the Raiders beat them. Sad. But at least football fans around the world understand that their ***3 rings*** are all tainted. Why do you think Bruschi always talks like this? He's always saying that "“A Super Bowl, a championship is something you earn,” Bruschi said. “And it’s something that can never be taken away". He must feel like a complete fraud when surrounded by players such as Irving, Montana, Sanders, Rice, and yes, even L.T because Tomlinson earned his way into the HOF. Why do you think he's said this same exact sentence at least 20-30 times over the past couple of years? Because he has a chip on his shoulder, even worse, he lives with a guilty conscience. He knows why his head coach in Bill Belichick was fined. He understands why NE lost a 1st round draft pick. He not only knows but also understands that Tom Brady fumbled that Football and that NE never deserved to play during the super bowl that followed. He has a guilty conscience, so maybe by saying the same thing over, and over, and over again... He'll one day convince himself that he's "earned" those *rings*.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aM-JxUVYDM[/url][/QUOTE]

That game involved the Raiders and Pats, not the Jets in any way, shape, or form. Why are you so into it?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-28-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4502965]Both are great achievements, but here’s how it stacks up:
    1. Be a HOF player on a Superbowl winning team
    2. Be a HOF player
    3. Be on a Superbowl winning team

The fact the LT feels one way, and Bruschi another, just shows it’s human nature to think whatever you’ve done/achieved is best.

I happen to agree with LT, though.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe a guy like Bruschi would open himself up to credibility issues. wtf is smoking? Art Shell didn't say that, Ray Nitchke didn't say that, [B]LT[/B] said it.

Veteran
    Football is not the ultimate team sport. Not even close.

Banned
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4503291]That game involved the Raiders and Pats, not the Jets in any way, shape, or form. Why are you so into it?[/QUOTE]

Because if I weren't a pure fan of the game and a fan of the sport as a whole... I wouldn't have ever became a die hard Jets fan dating back to my childhood days. I love everything about the game of football; including Sunday BBQ's with the older brother. Fantasy football, college football, the combine leading up to the draft, the actual NFL draft, preseason in order to evaluate not only our rookies, but also rookies around the league (which is why I follow the draft so closely) etc, etc. If you wanted an answer, there it is ASG0. Just because I've always cared for the Jets, doesn't mean that I don't feel/believe it's wrong that Oakland got eliminated from the playoffs which ended up giving Bill Belichick and Tom Brady a Super Bowl Championship in which they never deserved. Patriot fans around here and the sports media made such a big deal in regards to the Revis INT return against Miami. That play that's been questioned/called out as being a "PI" never changed the history of the league. Brady fumbled the football.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Veteran
    Of coarse a player with three SB rings and no shot at the Hall of Fame says the SB is more important. Just like an all-time great with no ring says HoF is better. Both opinions are valid, but highly subjective and biased by their personal experiences. Would be better to ask players with both accomplishments.

[QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503304]Because if I weren't a pure fan of the game and a fan of the sport as a whole... I wouldn't have ever became a die hard Jets fan dating back to my childhood days. I love everything about the game of football; including Sunday BBQ's with the older brother. Fantasy football, college football, the combine leading up to the draft, the actual NFL draft, preseason in order to evaluate not only our rookies, but also rookies around the league (which is why I follow the draft so closely) etc, etc. If you wanted an answer, there it is ASG0. Just because I've always cared for the Jets, doesn't mean that I don't feel/believe it's wrong that Oakland got eliminated from the playoffs which ended up giving Bill Belichick and Tom Brady a Super Bowl Championship in which they never deserved. Patriot fans around here and the sports media made such a big deal in regards to the Revis INT return against Miami. That play that's been questioned/called out as being a "PI" never changed the history of the league. Brady fumbled the football.[/QUOTE]

Hey genius, do you remember when the Tuck Rule was first called that same season? You were just a kid who loved everything about the game, sitting there in your Dolphin's jersey, when you saw the same exact call when Vinny fumbled the ball against the Pats. Except it wasn't a fumble, it was a tuck, just like the Pats later that year. This was the same game, by the way, where Bledsoe was almost killed by Mo Lewis. The Pats lost the game because of the call. Are you outraged?