Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yep, Iran's only against the Israeli Government

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Iran's only against the Israeli Government

They aren't anti-semitic at all. Right Kenny?

[QUOTE][B]TEHRAN — [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/iran/index.html?inline=nyt-geo"]Iran[/URL]’s vice president delivered a baldly anti-Semitic speech on Tuesday at an international antidrug conference here, saying that the Talmud, a central text of Judaism, was responsible for the spread of illegal drugs around the world. [/B]

European diplomats in attendance expressed shock. Even Iranian participants in the conference, co-sponsored by Iran and the United Nations, privately wondered at their government’s motive for allowing such a speech, even given its longstanding antagonism toward Israel. More than 25,000 Jews live in Iran, and they are recognized as a religious minority, with a representative in Parliament.

The speech by Vice President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi seemed bound to isolate Iran further just days before a new set of onerous Western economic sanctions, notably a European embargo on Iranian oil, is set to be enforced because of the longstanding dispute over [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/iran/nuclear_program/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier"]Iran’s nuclear program[/URL]. Iran says the program is peaceful, and Western nations and Israel suspect it is a cover to develop the ability to make [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/topics/atomic_weapons/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier"]nuclear weapons[/URL].

Mr. Rahimi, second in line to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said [B]the Talmud teaches to “destroy everyone who opposes the Jews.” [/B]

[B]The “Zionists” are in firm control of the illegal drug trade, Mr. Rahimi said, asking foreign dignitaries to research his claims. “Zionists” is Iran’s ideological term for Jews who support the state of Israel. [/B]

[B]“The Islamic Republic of Iran will pay for anybody who can research and find one single Zionist who is an addict,” Mr. Rahmini said. “They do not exist. This is the proof of their involvement in drugs trade.” [/B]

What made his remarks even more striking is that Iran’s fight against illegal drugs is one of the few issues on which the Islamic republic can count on Western sympathy. Iran’s battle to stop the flow of drugs coming in from neighboring Afghanistan has often been mentioned as a potential field of cooperation during negotiations over the country’s nuclear program.

Several Iranian ministers gave politically neutral briefings on the impact of the drug trade on the country. Antonio De Leo, the [URL="http://www.unodc.org/"]United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime[/URL] representative in Iran, praised the Islamic republic as a “key strategic partner in the fight against drugs.”

Mr. Rahimi, who spoke after Mr. De Leo, [B]told stories of gynecologists’ killing black babies on the orders of the Zionists and claimed that the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 was started by Jews, adding that mysteriously, no Jews died in that uprising. [/B]

[B]He also said the Talmud teaches Jews to think that they are a superior race. “They think God has created the world so that all other nations can serve them,” he said. Halfway through his speech, Mr. Rahimi said there was a difference between Jews who “honestly follow the prophet Moses” and the Zionists, who are “the main elements of the international drugs trade.”[/B]

A European diplomat said afterward: “This was definitely one of the worst speeches I have heard in my life. My gut reaction was: why are we supporting any cooperation with these people?”

But the diplomat, who declined to be identified by name or country, defended his presence at the conference. “If we do not support the United Nations on helping Iran fight drugs, voices like the one of Mr. Rahimi will be the only ones out there,” he said.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/27/world/middleeast/irans-vice-president-rahimi-makes-anti-semitic-speech.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disgusting.

But how much is that reward he's offering? I know a few stoners of many religions ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iran and those who think like Iran are de facto Nazi in their hatred of the Jews.

Not really much of a question on that IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On that note please enjoy this poem written by an innocent 6 year old Palestinian girl:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvWABooXDEE&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4503188]On that note please enjoy this poem written by an innocent 6 year old Palestinian girl:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvWABooXDEE&feature=player_embedded[/url][/QUOTE]

And we're off!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Move.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    When the shyt finally hits the fan and Israel obliterates Iran, I'm going to have my popcorn ready and thoroughly enjoy the show....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4503216]When the shyt finally hits the fan and Israel obliterates Iran, I'm going to have my popcorn ready and thoroughly enjoy the show....[/QUOTE]

I have zero issues with Israel taking care of their own business.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Iran needs a new PR Director. They should call SAR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503227]Iran needs a new PR Director. They should call SAR.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    The message is clearly to draw attention to the economic sanctions; they are trolling for help from countries on the fence.

[QUOTE]Zionist who is an addict,” Mr. Rahmini said. “They do not exist. This is the proof of their involvement in drugs trade.”[/QUOTE]

wtf

[QUOTE=unnamed diplomat]“If we do not support the United Nations on [B]helping Iran fight drugs, voices like the one of Mr. Rahimi will be the only ones out there[/B]"[/QUOTE]LOLOLOLOL

It's drugs! ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4503227]Iran needs a new PR Director. They should call SAR.[/QUOTE]

Not sure that would be an upgrade...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4503216]When the shyt finally hits the fan and Israel obliterates Iran, I'm going to have my popcorn ready and thoroughly enjoy the show....[/QUOTE]

You will be waiting a very long time because Israel wont do a damn thing on its own against Iran.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4505790]You will be waiting a very long time because Israel wont do a damn thing on its own against Iran.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying they're scared? lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4505863]Are you saying they're scared? lol[/QUOTE]

He's saying what he usually says on this topic.

Between Iran and Israel, he sides with Iran.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4505887]He's saying what he usually says on this topic.

Between Iran and Israel, he sides with Iran.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for speaking for me, but no that is not what I am saying.
    Israel no doubt has the military might to wipe out the entire Middle East if it wished to, either using its nuclear arsenal or advanced military might.

But, Israel is bright. They will never unilaterally go into Iran. It makes no sense for them to do so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't agree with you on much..but I 2nd that

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4505928]Thanks for speaking for me[/quote]

No problem Ken. I've been reading you on this topic long enough to know where you clearly stand on it. You're no fan of Israel, which is your right of course.

[quote]Israel no doubt has the military might to wipe out the entire Middle East if it wished to, either using its nuclear arsenal or advanced military might.

But, Israel is bright. They will never unilaterally go into Iran. It makes no sense for them to do so.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that would depend on what Iran does.

And what we do (or don't do) in reply.

I'd hardly consider it an impossabillity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4505939]No problem Ken. I've been reading you on this topic long enough to know where you clearly stand on it. You're no fan of Israel, which is your right of course.

I'd say that would depend on what Iran does.

[B]And what we do (or don't do) in reply.[/B]

I'd hardly consider it an impossabillity.[/QUOTE]

If Israel feels truly threatened by Iran (I doubt they do) then why does our response have any bearing on what they decide to do to protect their people. Im sure if The USA was threatened by any other nation, we would not be waiting to see Israel's response to determine what we will do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4505996]If Israel feels truly threatened by Iran (I doubt they do) then why does our response have any bearing on what they decide to do to protect their people.[/quote]

You'd have to ask them. I'd guess it has something to do with that "Allies" thingamawhatchit, and that whole "World's Only Super Power & World Policeman" thing too. :Dunno:

But I agree, if they (Israel) felt an immediate threat, I have no doubt whatsoever they'd fight on their own with whatever it is they posess, US permission or assistance or not.

Doesn't mean they won't use diplomac/alliancey with us, to rid themselves of a potential threat by making as case (to our leaders) that it's in our interests too. Guess it's up to our leaders if they buy it or not.

[quote]Im sure if The USA was threatened by any other nation, we would not be waiting to see Israel's response to determine what we will do.[/QUOTE]

Assumes the USA and Israel are roughly equals in millitary strength and World Clout and circumstances/freedom of action/freedom from retalliation.

That would be a bad assumption.

Israel looks to us, because we are their Big Ally, the Super Power (currently) of the two, we hold the cards (on the World Stage), we run the show (generally) on such things.