Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Most Overrated Players - per ESPN

[QUOTE=joe810;4503750]cam newton = vince young after one year we will see if he pans out i say bust for sure[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked the Panthers don't call you right away for even more advice.

[QUOTE=Mardukis;4504039]I'm shocked the Panthers don't call you right away for even more advice.[/QUOTE]

they're both black though

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4503815]Why did you compare him to Vince Young?

Young had a mediocre/poor rookie year.[/QUOTE]

Young was rookie of the year in 2006... Arguably not deserving, but I don't think it's fair to say he had a poor rookie year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4503323]You obviously cannot be reading this board.:rolleyes: Just ask the masses what they think of Sanchez. It is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for most here to take the green colored shades off and be objective about Sanchez's long term success. Or should I say, lack thereof?[/QUOTE]

MJ, virtually everyone thinks Sanchez sucks, even his own fanbase. Kid gets booed at home games. A handful of Jet fans are the only people that think he can still become a good player - the other 31 fan bases, every commentator, every "expert", every analyst think he's the worse QB in the league.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4504151]MJ, virtually everyone thinks Sanchez sucks, even his own fanbase. Kid gets booed at home games. A handful of Jet fans are the only people that think he can still become a good player - the other 31 fan bases, every commentator, every "expert", every analyst think he's the worse QB in the league.[/QUOTE]

From outsiders perspective. I don't think anyone considers Mark Sanchez the worst QB in the league. There are at least six - 10 Qbs worse than him. I think we see him closer to the bottom than to the top , when comparing NFl starting Qb's.

There is also a large part of the Jet fan base will try and use every excuse why Sanchez hasn't developed into that franchise QB. IT always someone else fault. When is he held accountable for his numbers and those fans say maybe he isn't as good as we thought.

There are a lot of team that missed on that franchise QB. IT okay to accept that and not to justify that he on the same path as Eli Manning. (there were so many QBs could make that claim and yet they never developed into what Qb Eli manning has become) . I know why so many Jet fans are in denial because if Sanchez ever became that franchise Qb than the Jets are that much closer to that championship. Who wants to start over and find a new guy to latch onto.

It's now or never for Mark Sanchez. He either does it now or he will be playing for someone else in 2013.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4504217]From outsiders perspective. I don't think anyone considers Mark Sanchez the worst QB in the league. There are at least six - 10 Qbs worse than him. I think we see him closer to the bottom than to the top , when comparing NFl starting Qb's.

There is also a large part of the Jet fan base will try and use every excuse why Sanchez hasn't developed into that franchise QB. IT always someone else fault. When is he held accountable for his numbers and those fans say maybe he isn't as good as we thought.

There are a lot of team that missed on that franchise QB. IT okay to accept that and not to justify that he on the same path as Eli Manning. (there were so many QBs could make that claim and yet they never developed into what Qb Eli manning has become) . I know why so many Jet fans are in denial because if Sanchez ever became that franchise Qb than the Jets are that much closer to that championship. Who wants to start over and find a new guy to latch onto.

[B]It's now or never for Mark Sanchez. He either does it now or he will be playing for someone else in 2013.[/B]

[/QUOTE]

That's a good post, and sums it up accurately.

All Pro
    Can't believe I agree with Tex, but that bolded line is true. The rest of that paragraph will be true next year. It's now or never.

Ocho Stinko...

The guy did nothing for the Patriots last year, he wasn't a key player. He basically faded and couldn't keep up with his better peers.

He's going to be a star w/ the Tunas

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4504151]MJ, virtually everyone thinks Sanchez sucks, even his own fanbase. Kid gets booed at home games. A handful of Jet fans are the only people that think he can still become a good player - the other 31 fan bases, every commentator, every "expert", every analyst think he's the worse QB in the league.[/QUOTE]

Who mentioned anything about the fanbase, commentators, so called experts? I didn't.

I said he couldn't be reading this board. So your clarification wasn't necessary. I already know Sanchez sucks and so does everyone else with a brain.

That disappoints me to no end. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do not want the Jets to start looking for another franchise QB. I honest to goodness want Sanchez to succeed. This team is SB ready. I believe that. The player issues that popped up from last year's 8-8 record? I believe they've been rectified.

We have everything necessary to win a SB right now. We just need our f*cking QB to show up and start playing good football. I truly believe it's the QB that is the ONLY thing holding this team back.

If we are forced to start looking for a replacement for Sanchez, I'm afraid that by the time we find one, Rex will no longer be our HC and the team will no longer be ready to win it all.:mad: