Thread: Jets release tackle Ray Willis and quarterback G.J. Kinne

Jets release tackle Ray Willis and quarterback G.J. Kinne

The Jets released two players today, tackle [B]Ray Willis[/B] and quarterback [B]G.J. Kinne[/B]. The moves clear up space for the Jets to bring two additional players to training camp starting July 26 in Cortland, N.Y.

Willis, a six-year veteran out of Seattle, was signed as a free agent in May. Kinne was an undrafted free agent out of Tulsa.

Nothing earth-shattering, but it gives the Jets some options with 88 players and a 90-person roster.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/13205/roster-moves?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Now if they would only get rid of that other Tackle from Seattle.

I was rooting for Kinne. He was an extreme longshot though.

Kinne on twitter:

I definitely didnít get a fair shot, but I know God has a plan! Thanks for all the support

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Snell41;4503235]Kinne on twitter:

I definitely didnít get a fair shot, but I know God has a plan! Thanks for all the support

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Is that the guy whose dad got shot?

[QUOTE=C Mart;4503211]The Jets released two players today, tackle [B]Ray Willis[/B] and quarterback [B]G.J. Kinne[/B]. The moves clear up space for the Jets to bring two additional players to training camp starting July 26 in Cortland, N.Y.

Willis, a six-year veteran out of Seattle, was signed as a free agent in May. Kinne was an undrafted free agent out of Tulsa.

Nothing earth-shattering, but it gives the Jets some options with 88 players and a 90-person roster.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/13205/roster-moves?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter[/URL][/QUOTE]
    Glad they've gotten around to thinning out the QB herd. Kinne wasn't going to bring us any Preseason Championships.:yes:

All Pro
    I think the Jets made a mistake here with the release of Kinne.I don't expect this kid to make the team or even end up on the practice squad,but he could have made it hard for Matt Simms to relax ...

I have plans for young Mr Simms,but he can't be led to believe that he's on easy street or has earned himself any sense of self entittlement.Kid has talent,but he needs to be pushed hard to get the best out of him.

Who's going to do that now.

All Pro
    Hopefully one of these spots is for a blocking TE. George Bryan is still out there after his release from the Cowboys. Definitely worth a look IMO and I'm surprised that he isn't a Jet yet.

Rookie
    Interesting, agreed that George Bryan's name has been thrown around as a blocking Te. Another name that [B]I believe[/B] is still on the market is Vernon Carey who played RT for Sporano in Miami. If Hunter did not show him enough, maybe they make the pick up.

Kinne's HS story is a crazy one, but an NFL QB he is not. Surprised Willis go the ax so quickly.