Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SI Ranks Mark SANCHEZ as #8 BUST 2012

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    he played well in the playoffs then, with a better oline, running game and recievers, last year "he" lost the last 3 games when the season was on the line,
    including back to back with the teams 2 biggest rivals.
    Those last 3 games weren't Sanchez's fault.

The losses were a result of Shotty's poor play calling, terrible play by the OLine, lack of running game, WR's not gaining separation and the defense giving up too many points.

Sanchez always plays his best in important games.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Is that providing Sanchez with the best of everything? Well, he (Burress) was the best of what was available.

Derrick Mason was the best of what was available.

Bottom line is the Jets FO gave him the best of what they could at that particular moment and they ALWAYS have.
    Translation: best of everything = best possible low-quality patch job.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Year 1, certainly.

Year 2, he was at least riding shotgun. He played very well @ NE as we all remember. May have been the worst loss of the TB/BB era.
    AGREED.

I've never given Sanchez any credit for the Jets playoff wins. But that one you just cannot deny. Sanchez made Brady his b!tch that day. His passes were sharp. He was decisive. He had touch. He executed all of the plays called to perfection. When he wasn't sure what he was seeing, he quickly threw the ball away. There may be other games where he had more impressive statistics, but given the gravity and importance of that game, that was certainly Sanchez's best ever.

Meanwhile, Tom Brady definitely looked like Cindy Brady that day. Pigtails and b!tching that things weren't going her way. Got smacked around by the Jets defense.

I still laugh myself silly with enjoyment to this day watching Rex jiggle down the field to congratulate Shonn Greene after he'd stuck the final nail in the Patsy coffin. That was truly priceless.

Last yr was the lockout yr.. Who cares??? You wanna win the SB during a Lockout yr???? GO ahead.. lol!!!!!!!!! Sanchez will be back to 2009-10 form tis yr... mofo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

The losses were a result of Shotty's poor play calling, terrible play by the OLine, lack of running game, WR's not gaining separation and the defense giving up too many points.

STFU TX you Sanchez apologist.

All League

Your sarcasm brings out the truth.

Watch the games.

Imagine yourself trying to find a receiver when your 6'-6" pussie Left Tackle is shoved in your face and the entire OL folds like a cheap Shoji screen. Try it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Brady played half as$ed in the Ravens game, saved by Ravens sh1tting the bed and played the same in the SB. It was his horrible pick that turned the fgame around, not Welker not being able to snag Brady's sh1tty pass.

Start getting your excuses for the downfall, it's started.

Hall Of Fame
    Saying Sanchez was given everything he could have wanted and saying Sanchez was never properly developed are two completely different concepts.

I keep hearing he was dropped into the perfect situation--top o-line, top running game, top defense--so therefore he should have excelled.

That's like saying the kid that just got his licsence was handed the keys to a indy race car, what more can you ask for?

DEVELOPMENT. He got all the bells and whistles, but he was also saddled with a defensive coach with NO interest in the offense that thought "ground and pound" was the way to dominate offensively, he was given an awful offensive coordinator that NEVER played to Sanchez's strengths, never made any adjustments, he was given a terrible QB coach who never--by any accounts--tutored Sanchez or fixed any of his flaws, never worked on his mechanics or field vision or mistakes--you've all said it, he's making the same mistakes today as he did as a rookie--Sanchez's fault but where was his QB coach? Swapped out his receivers, took away his favorite target, gave him an incredibly and unnecessarily complex offensive playbook, gave him D-bags in Holmes, Mason and Plax, then let him get killed last year with Hunter.

The Jets failed him--they traded up to number 5, gave him the keys to the indy race car and said "go ahead, kid, see you in 4 years, go win a Super Bowl".

Can't stand hearing the "he was put in the best situation ever for a rookie QB" without recognizining that they basically threw him into the fray with little or no direction.

JMHO. I know, the haters are going to proclaim "more excuses". But everything I said is true and it all factors into the equation.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Brady played half as$ed in the Ravens game, saved by Ravens sh1tting the bed and played the same in the SB. It was his horrible pick that turned the fgame around, not Welker not being able to snag Brady's sh1tty pass.

Dude dropped from 1st to 4th in the top 100. Even the players know it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Saying Sanchez was given everything he could have wanted and saying Sanchez was never properly developed are two completely different concepts.

I keep hearing he was dropped into the perfect situation--top o-line, top running game, top defense--so therefore he should have excelled.

That's like saying the kid that just got his licsence was handed the keys to a indy race car, what more can you ask for?

DEVELOPMENT. He got all the bells and whistles, but he was also saddled with a defensive coach with NO interest in the offense that thought "ground and pound" was the way to dominate offensively, he was given an awful offensive coordinator that NEVER played to Sanchez's strengths, never made any adjustments, he was given a terrible QB coach who never--by any accounts--tutored Sanchez or fixed any of his flaws, never worked on his mechanics or field vision or mistakes--you've all said it, he's making the same mistakes today as he did as a rookie--Sanchez's fault but where was his QB coach? Swapped out his receivers, took away his favorite target, gave him an incredibly and unnecessarily complex offensive playbook, gave him D-bags in Holmes, Mason and Plax, then let him get killed last year with Hunter.

The Jets failed him--they traded up to number 5, gave him the keys to the indy race car and said "go ahead, kid, see you in 4 years, go win a Super Bowl".

Can't stand hearing the "he was put in the best situation ever for a rookie QB" without recognizining that they basically threw him into the fray with little or no direction.

JMHO. I know, the haters are going to proclaim "more excuses". But everything I said is true and it all factors into the equation.

_
    I just think it's a lame cop out to blame all of Mark's struggles as a passer on Schotty.

I think it was time to move on from Schottenheimer, but let's be honest here, if Schotty was so terrible then he wouldn't have been hired by one of the most respected HC's in the league to run his offense. Nor would he have received an interview for the HC position in Jacksonville or interviewed to orchestrate the offenses of some of the biggest powerhouses in college football (Alabama and Florida).

Schotty just didn't mesh with what we want to do here. Ground and Pound. Sparano matches that criteria to a tee.

It's all on Sanchez at this point. There is no more blaming the OC, the receivers, or pinning all of the blame on Wayne Hunter. Aaron Rodgers had arguably the greatest season a QB has ever had last year behind a dogsh*t OL filled with practice squad players. You're telling me that a single sub par RT is enough to prevent Sanchez from performing at even just an adequate level?

Either Sanchez steps up and proves that he's the guy, or he's competing for a starting job elsewhere next season. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Compared to the situations that many other young QBs are thrown into ? Yeah, it does rank up there with being "the best of everything". Just ask guys like David Carr, Tim Couch, Alex Smith, yada, yada, yada.

Was Sanchez thrown into an absolutely 100% perfect situation ? Nope. But guess what ? That kind of situation doesn't exist in reality. Now, having one of the top ranked offensive lines, coupled with one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL, along with one of the top rated defenses ? Kind of difficult to get any more "perfect" than that in the real world.

Too bad that top ranked offensive line and rushing attack **** the bed in the AFCCG's......Along with our top ranked defense which gave up 461 yards and 3 TDS and a FG in 5 Colt possesions after Sanchez had the Jets up 17-6.....

Our vaunted o-line and running attack put up 70 yards in 22 attempts...3.1 ypc.....

Against the Steelers our OL and running attack put 86 yards in 29 attempts for a robust 2.9 ypc while our defense was shredded by Mendenhall for 166 yards and over 200 yards rushing by the Steelers.....

Sanchez in the biggest games of his life put up 490 yards.....4 TDS....1 INT....7.8 YPA......Seems like the kid stepped up while our running attack and defense so highly touted fell apart......If the defense and running attack performed even somewhere near the norm we would have been in back to back SB's led by a rookie and 2nd year QB.......

The OL and running attack and defense get all the credit from some for the playoff wins but when it came to the AFCCG's they all came up small while Sanchez performed above his regular season stats......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Unlike Jets fans, Pats fans do not make excuses. They accept how things turned out and just get ready for next season and another AFCE title, AFC Conference Championship and another Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I just think it's a lame cop out to blame all of Mark's struggles as a passer on Schotty.

I think it was time to move on from Schottenheimer, but let's be honest here, if Schotty was so terrible then he wouldn't have been hired by one of the most respected HC's in the league to run his offense. Nor would he have received an interview for the HC position in Jacksonville or interviewed to orchestrate the offenses of some of the biggest powerhouses in college football (Alabama and Florida).

Schotty just didn't mesh with what we want to do here. Ground and Pound. Sparano matches that criteria to a tee.

It's all on Sanchez at this point. There is no more blaming the OC, the receivers, or pinning all of the blame on Wayne Hunter. Aaron Rodgers had arguably the greatest season a QB has ever had last year behind a dogsh*t OL filled with practice squad players. You're telling me that a single sub par RT is enough to prevent Sanchez from performing at even just an adequate level?

Either Sanchez steps up and proves that he's the guy, or he's competing for a starting job elsewhere next season. It's that simple.

This is an excellent point. I don't think people should be too upset if Sam Bradford, who is much more in the mold of the precision-minded pocket passer, actually has decent success under Schotty next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This is an excellent point. I don't think people should be too upset if Sam Bradford, who is much more in the mold of the precision-minded pocket passer, actually has decent success under Schotty next year.
    Unlike Jets fans, Pats fans do not make excuses.
    See above quote.

Jet fans will try anything to convince themselves that Sanchez is not the problem.

YOU HAVE TO PASS FROM THE POCKET TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE NFL.

Year 1, certainly.

Year 2, he was at least riding shotgun. He played very well @ NE as we all remember. May have been the worst loss of the TB/BB era.
    How can that be compared to losing to the Giants in the year they were 18-0? or even this year., those were losses in the superbowl.

Jet fans think of it as a big win and a loss, it did not even hurt as much as the previous year when they got blown out by the ravens in the 1st quarter, or when Indy came back to win in Indy.

Hall Of Fame
    How can that be compared to losing to the Giants in the year they were 18-0? or even this year., those were losses in the superbowl.

Jet fans think of it as a big win and a loss, it did not even hurt as much as the previous year when they got blown out by the ravens in the 1st quarter, or when Indy came back to win in Indy.
    "May have been"

Didn't Tom Brady call it one of the hardest losses or worst moments or something to that effect?

But that is all beside the point. Point was that Sanchez deserves more credit that TX was giving him.

Banned
    Those were the two worst, by far.

And blowing a 21-3 lead to the Colts in the AFCCG was also worse than a Divisional round loss to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I'm saddened that you read what you think I wrote, rather than what I actually wrote.

_

All League

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A POCKET TO PASS FROM THE POCKET to be successful in the NFL.
    Fixed

This fantasy writer has Shonn Greene at Number 5 busts.( sure TEx didn't write this article)

5 Shonn GREENE

JETS RB

FOR A supposedly powerful runner, Greene averaged 2.2 yards after contact (26th among backs with at least 100 carries) in 2011. And he was never able to keep aging LaDainian Tomlinson on the bench, especially at the goal line. Though LT is gone, Tim Tebow has arrived to vulture the short-yardage TDs, meaning Greene's rep as an underachiever will continue.