Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SI Ranks Mark SANCHEZ as #8 BUST 2012

SI Ranks Mark SANCHEZ as #8 BUST 2012

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...58/3/index.htm

(Bust#) 8 Mark SANCHEZ:
    "AS IF he wasn't already struggling to live up to the expectations placed on him by the New York media, Sanchez will have to learn a new offense (coordinator Tony Sparano has been brought in) while also battling a certain southpaw quarterback who is certain to at least take the red zone snaps, killing Sanchez's value. Don't rest your franchise's hopes on the Sanchise."

Having not taken the first snap post ****ty, ranking Mark a bust is a bit unfair (Maybe ****tenforbrains was doing the judging). But I do think it's fair to ask, how many interceptions, losses and/or boneheaded mistakes will it take for Rex to be pressured by the fans into Tebowing?

All League
    This is a Fantasy Football article, Douche.

Dump this sh1t.

you don't read very well do you. either that or you just an ******* ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Could someone please sent the Colonel on a long overseas tour to a place without the internet

Disgusting.

The writer of this list is delusional, painfully biased, and almost certainly either a Pats fan or a Gators fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post

(Bust#) 8 Mark SANCHEZ:
    "AS IF he wasn't already struggling to live up to the expectations placed on him by the New York media, Sanchez will have to learn a new offense (coordinator Tony Sparano has been brought in) while also battling a certain southpaw quarterback who is certain to at least take the red zone snaps, killing Sanchez's value. Don't rest your franchise's hopes on the Sanchise."

Having not taken the first snap post ****ty, ranking Mark a bust is a bit unfair (Maybe ****tenforbrains was doing the judging). But I do think it's fair to ask, how many interceptions, losses and/or boneheaded mistakes will it take for Rex to be pressured by the fans into Tebowing?

All League
    you don't read very well do you. either that or you just an ******* ?
    No. You don't read very well. There's a FF forum in JI. Post it there. So, like I said before, this is a Fantasy Football article, Douche.

Mods, Dump this sh1t.

Or move it to the FF forum.

(Bust#) 8 Mark SANCHEZ:

How did you not realize this was a fantasy article when it listed an entire teams WR corps and ADRIAN PETERSON as busts? At least read the damn thing before hitting the submit button...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

(Bust#) 8 Mark SANCHEZ:

It won't take a whole lot of pressure. Sanchez will definitely be on a short leash. He's been given the very best of everything and he's fallen flat on his face. Rex has that going through his mind right now. He's thinking, "what in the world is it going to take for this kid to catch on?" I gave him the best of everything and still he isn't getting it.

Whether he chooses to say that or not, you know he's got to be thinking it. Rex isn't stupid. He just wants very much to be right about Sanchez and he would NEVER throw his young QB under the bus in front of the media. Those are his best qualities.

Rex is rooting for Sanchez with all of his heart and soul, much the same way I am, but he knows something is going to have to change if he continues down the same path.

All League
    Maybe the Colonel saw those ridiculous PFF OL rankings here recently and got confused.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It won't take a whole lot of pressure. Sanchez will definitely be on a short leash. He's been given the very best of everything and he's fallen flat on his face. Rex has that going through his mind right now. He's thinking, "what in the world is it going to take for this kid to catch on?" I gave him the best of everything and still he isn't getting it.

Whether he chooses to say that or not, you know he's got to be thinking it. Rex isn't stupid. He just wants very much to be right about Sanchez and he would NEVER throw his young QB under the bus in front of the media. Those are his best qualities.

Rex is rooting for Sanchez with all of his heart and soul, much the same way I am, but he knows something is going to have to change if he continues down the same path.
    I have a couple of honest questions that I'd like to ask you, I'd appreciate a couple of well thought our answers for each and every question. Lets talk football.

Was an aging 34-35 year old Plaxico Burees, who spent 3 years away from the game of football incarcerated in a prison cell considered as being "the best of everything"? You know, the same Plaxico Burress who was completely useless between the 20's as Mark's #2 WR? Keep in mind, we're talking about the same washed up WR (has been) that couldn't even land an invite to the Carolina Panthers training camp this offseason.

Was an aging 37 year old Derrick Mason, as our starting slot WR for 5 weeks considered as being "the best of everything" in regards to the overall development of Mark Sanchez? Lets not act like Mason only putting up 13 receptions for 115 receiving yards and 0 TD's was a product of Mark Sanchez struggling, because after being released from the Jets due to an inability to make plays on the football field, Mason got picked up by the Houston Texans and completely failed to put up anything more than 6 receptions for 55 yards and 0 TD's. He no longer has a team heading into the 2012 season. Is that what you consider as giving Sanchez "the best of everything"?

What about throwing a late 5th round draft pick in Jeremy Kerley into the fire? Was throwing a raw rookie WR with no NFL experience and no experience with our first string unit considered as giving Sanchez "the best of everything" due to the fact that we were forced to release Derrick Mason? Kerley had just about zero snaps with the first string unit during training camp, preseason, practice and OTA's (oh yeah, we didn't have OTA's due to a lockout). Is that what you consider providing Sanchez with the "best of everythng" ala releasing his unproductive/unable to perform, 37 year old slot WR in Mason 5 weeks into the season, followed by throwing a raw rookie in Kerley into the fire as his slot WR?

Was Turner going down for the season considered the best of everything? What about Vlad? You've bashed this "3rd year bust" all offseason. Was Vlad as our only potential backup to a struggling offensive line considered as giving Sanchez "the best of everything"? What about Wayne Hunter who couldn't be substituted for due to our bust on the bench in Vlad? Was that also considered to be the "best of everything" for Sanchez? ala having a starting RT in Hunter who continued to get beat like a drum throughout the entire course of the season? What about having to try and replace Nick Mangold with an undrafted rookie (Baxter) ala a rookie who wasn't with the team during the offseason. Was that situation considered as being the "best of everything" for Sanchez?

I don't wanna hear about the defense, I don't wanna hear about this and that etc, etc... I wanna hear/see your response to all of the above ala the pieces that surrounded our quarterback last year. If the pieces above are considered to be the "best of everything", I'd like to see an honest answer to those questions.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-28-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I have a couple of honest questions that I'd like to ask you, I'd appreciate a couple of well thought our answers for each and every question. Lets talk football.

Was an aging 34-35 year old Plaxico Burees, who spent 3 years away from the game of football incarcerated in a prison cell considered as being "the best of everything"? You know, the same Plaxico Burress who was completely useless between the 20's as Mark's #2 WR? Keep in mind, we're talking about the same washed up WR (has been) that couldn't even land an invite to the Carolina Panthers training camp this offseason.

Was an aging 37 year old Derrick Mason, as our starting slot WR for 5 weeks considered as being "the best of everything" in regards to the overall development of Mark Sanchez? Lets not act like Mason only putting up 13 receptions for 115 receiving yards and 0 TD's was a product of Mark Sanchez struggling, because after being released from the Jets due to an inability to make plays on the football field, Mason got picked up by the Houston Texans and completely failed to put up anything more than 6 receptions for 55 yards and 0 TD's. He no longer has a team heading into the 2012 season. Is that what you consider as giving Sanchez "the best of everything"?

What about throwing a late 5th round draft pick in Jeremy Kerley into the fire? Was throwing a raw rookie WR with no NFL experience and no experience with our first string unit considered as giving Sanchez "the best of everything" due to the fact that we were forced to release Derrick Mason? Kerley had just about zero snaps with the first string unit during training camp, preseason, practice and OTA's (oh yeah, we didn't have OTA's due to a lockout). Is that what you consider providing Sanchez with the "best of everythng" ala releasing his unproductive/unable to perform, 37 year old slot WR in Mason 5 weeks into the season, followed by throwing a raw rookie in Kerley into the fire as his slot WR?

Was Turner going down for the season considered the best of everything? What about Vlad? You've bashed this "3rd year bust" all offseason. Was Vlad as our only potential backup to a struggling offensive line considered as giving Sanchez "the best of everything"? What about Wayne Hunter who couldn't be substituted for due to our bust on the bench in Vlad? Was that also considered to be the "best of everything" for Sanchez? ala having a starting RT in Hunter who continued to get beat like a drum throughout the entire course of the season? What about having to try and replace Nick Mangold with an undrafted rookie (Baxter) ala a rookie who wasn't with the team during the offseason. Was that situation considered as being the "best of everything" for Sanchez?

I don't wanna hear about the defense, I don't wanna hear about this and that etc, etc... I wanna hear/see your response to all of the above ala the pieces that surrounded our quarterback last year. If the pieces above are considered to be the "best of everything", I'd like to see an honest answer to those questions.

Thats some sound posting brother.

All Pro
    Good luck with that. His answers will be honest, but they won't be thoughtful.

Jets Insider VIP

Great Post and you will be waiting a long time for any type of sound answer.....

oh well then

Fantasy Football or Real Football, Sanchez is a bust. I'm just laughing at these Sanchez supporters doing their best to look as ridiculous as the Tebow supporters.

Compared to the situations that many other young QBs are thrown into ? Yeah, it does rank up there with being "the best of everything". Just ask guys like David Carr, Tim Couch, Alex Smith, yada, yada, yada.

Was Sanchez thrown into an absolutely 100% perfect situation ? Nope. But guess what ? That kind of situation doesn't exist in reality. Now, having one of the top ranked offensive lines, coupled with one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL, along with one of the top rated defenses ? Kind of difficult to get any more "perfect" than that in the real world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Compared to the situations that many other young QBs are thrown into ? Yeah, it does rank up there with being "the best of everything". Just ask guys like David Carr, Tim Couch, Alex Smith, yada, yada, yada.

Was Sanchez thrown into an absolutely 100% perfect situation ? Nope. But guess what ? That kind of situation doesn't exist in reality. Now, having one of the top ranked offensive lines, coupled with one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL, along with one of the top rated defenses ? Kind of difficult to get any more "perfect" than that in the real world.
    We're talking about last year. Not 2009 and/or 2010 where Sanchez was under center for teams that made consecutive trips to the AFC Championship game for the first time in franchise history. When Sanchez had a healthy offensive line and strong running game? He may have struggled as a raw rookie and 2nd year quarterback, but at the end of the night, especially during the playoffs; he got the job done.

We're talking about 2011, and unless you expected for Sanchez to drop back, hand the ball off to himself followed by creating running lanes/holes as an offensive lineman for himself to run though... Well, then; Then please explain which offensive line and top of the line rushing attack your speaking of/referring to? I would like to know.

The last time I checked, the Jets ranked 12th in rushing TD's, 22nd in rushing yards and 30th in average yards per rushing attempt. The best our offensive line and run game could do was rank 21st overall in rushing. And lets not blame that on Sanchez either, because as a raw rookie we ranked 1st in rushing offense while also breaking a franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season, in 2010 we ranked 4th in rushing yards and in 2009/2010 we ranked 5th/8th in average yards per rushing attempt.

Despite all of the negative situations that were lined up against Sanchez last season ala a completely useless Burress between the 20's as our #2 WR, Mason as a washed up slot WR (Both in whom are currently without jobs), injuries galore to the offensive line (Turner, Mangold, Moore (recovering from offseason hip surgery), failing to replace Woody with an awful Hunter, being forced to start an undrafted rookie Center in Baxter in replace of Mangold, having to throw a raw 5th round WR in Kerley into the fire as our starting slot WR come week 5 (Due to Mason being completely washed up), Holmes pretty much quitting during the final weeks, Shotty Jr struggling as an offensive coordinator, L.T on his last wheels (retired), Jets ranking as the 21st rated run offense etc, etc and Sanchez still set career high(s) in passing yards (7th amongst AFC QB's), completion percentage, TD's (3rd amongst AFC QB's) and QB rating.

Were you watching the same season as the rest of us Jet fans, or were you just watching ESPN?
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-29-2012 at 02:42 AM.

and they kept giving him schitty!