Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk football.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Spit out my oatmeal TWICE while reading the last few pages. Great stuff.
    Poor DWC, tryin to talk FB in the middle of typical JI dickswinger...that was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Sucking up? Lol...you are sinking to new depths in a lame attempt to soothe your bitter self. Pathetic. Just look at your rapid fire posts. You need help dude. Seriously.
    Leave Jordy alone. Weren't you in love once, only to get your heart ripped out. I guess Kelly couldn't meet all of Jordy expectations. Time will eventually heal those scars.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Truth is, TX has probably forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know.
    Best post in the entire thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Tx is a jackass.
    Worst post in the entire thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I didn't criticize TX so don't try to take him down with you.

And how much he's forgotten is none of my business.

But I agree, TX is a knowledgeable poster; something you'll never be.

I'm sure he thinks you're a doosh too; he's just being polite.
    Nope, I don't think Jordy is a doosh at all.

We go back many years and have had some good battles (Thomas, Urlacher, Braggs ) back and forth.

Over the years, I think Jordy has become pretty frustrated as a Jets fan because of their lack of success and has thrown away his green glasses and has become more critical and objective poster.

The kool aid drinking and green pom pom waving crowd just doesn't like to hear anything negative about the Jets.

Truth is, TX has probably forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know.
    That is definitely ass kissing...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    How is a true, factual post considered "ass kissing"?

TX actually knows a lot about football, and can have great discussions about the game.

When he isn't in trolling mode, and wants to..........

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Over the years, I think Jordy has become pretty frustrated as a Jets fan because of their lack of success and has thrown away his green glasses and has become more critical and objective poster.
    How ironic that you consider yourself an arbiter of critical and objective Jet fans when you lack those same qualities as regarding the Pasts* ill-gotten cheat-fezt SB victories.

Even the most level-headed, fair-minded, objective Jet fans (in your book) become "delusional" if they express a sincer belief that the whole Spygate "investigation"... by the NFL was a cover-up and sham designed to save the game from a shameful scandal that would have rocked it to its core.

Anyway, now that this thread has deteriorated into yet another hijacked Pats troll cluster ****.....I strongly suggest that the chowds take their parting shots at me.... then move on from this thread.

Thankee.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Poor DWC, tryin to talk FB in the middle of typical JI dickswinger...that was hilarious
    Eventually he will realize how things work around here. I used to get a little annoyed but now I just embrace it and enjoy the entertainment.

Who needs the Hampur? The Strip is where the real entertainment is.

Hall Of Fame
    For the sake of the thread I will give DWC my picks b.c I think this is a good topic.

Offensive ROY: RB, David Wilson, NYG - A steal by the Giants at the end of the 1st. Bradshaw has the foot problems, I expect Wilson to get a lot of carries. And the passing game will help the running game.

Defensive ROY: DE, Chandler Jones, NE - Incredible length. Great pedigree. High ceiling. Very raw but he has one of the best ever coaching him. And NE is always playing with a lead so he will get plenty of opportunities to rack of the sacks.

Comeback Player: QB, Peyton Manning, DEN - Don't call it a comeback.

Surprise Team: Buffalo Bills - I think they had an amazing draft. Picked up 2 guys I was hoping the Jets would. Addition of Super Mario. Jackson coming back.

Disappointing Team: Atlanta Falcons - I think expectations will be high once again. However, Matty Ice (worst nickname ever) will continue to melt outside of his dome and especially in playoff games.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-01-2012 at 09:28 AM.

For the sake of the thread I will give DWC my picks b.c I think this is a good topic.

Offensive ROY: RB, David Wilson, NYG - A steal by the Giants at the end of the 1st. Bradshaw has the foot problems, I expect Wilson to get a lot of carries. And the passing game will help the running game.

Defensive ROY: DE, Chandler Jones, NE - Incredible length. Great pedigree. High ceiling. Very raw but he has one of the best ever coaching him. And NE is always playing with a lead so he will get plenty of opportunities to rack of the sacks.

Surprise Team: Buffalo Bills - I think they had an amazing draft. Picked up 2 guys I was hoping the Jets would. Addition of Super Mario. Jackson coming back.

Disappointing Team: Atlanta Falcons - I think expectations will be high once again. However, Matty Ice (worst nickname ever) will continue to melt outside of his dome and especially in playoff games.
    Chandler Jones is a ridiculous selection. He is raw, was a late bloomer, and won't even be a starter. The way the Pats rotate players and how they change their gameplan from week to week, it's very difficult on rookies, this has always been the case and why Belichick favors veteran players an why Belichick has such a poor success rate with young players.

Disappointing Team: Arizona Falcons - I think expectations will be high once again. However, Matty Ice (worst nickname ever) will continue to melt outside of his dome and especially in playoff games.
    OROY: Michael Floyd - Giants are a passing team, and use the run to open up the pass. Arizona will pass all over the place, as they're always going to be playing from behind.

DROY: Quenton Coples - Yep. Raw versus monster. Coples is a monster, and if his "lazy" issues are resolved then this is an easy one. Hightower on NE is a better pick than Jones, IMO.

CPOY: Manning is the safe pick that everyone is going to choose. Fred Jackson is an old RB, Randy Moss are two who should be watched.

Surprise Team: You can draft all the great players in the world, but in the end there's a reason the Patriots have had mediocre drafts overall and still have been dominant. Bills are another safe pick on paper. I'll go with the NYJ, KC, and CLE. Yep, Cleveland.

Disappointing Team: Has Atlanta NOT been disappointing? Ravens go here.

Hall Of Fame
    Chandler Jones is a ridiculous selection. He is raw, was a late bloomer, and won't even be a starter. The way the Pats rotate players and how they change their gameplan from week to week, it's very difficult on rookies, this has always been the case and why Belichick favors veteran players an why Belichick has such a poor success rate with young players.

Chandler Jones will be a dynamic player for the Pats.

And he gets to play against Hunter and Brick TWICE. He will have plenty of opportunities to pad his stats in those games.

+1

Hightower on NE, who the Steelers wanted for their defense, is a better pick for DROY than Jones. I can't imagine Jones racking up 12 sacks the way NE plays defense.

Chandler Jones will be a dynamic player for the Pats.

And he gets to play against Hunter and Brick TWICE. He will have plenty of opportunities to pad his stats in those games.
    That's assuming that our tackles' play last year is indicative of their abilities, and not the way they played in 2010. One could easily say he'll be shut down in those two games if Sparano's offense works the way it's supposed to.

Jones is fast, but not physical. Our division is a physical division. Look for him to get adjusted to things before he figures out exactly how to use his talents.

Hightower is a more ready to play guy than Jones for NE. I'm more worried about that pick. You're just buying into the Jones hype.

Veteran
    And on that note...it's a goodnight for me.
    Hope TX gave you a nice hot beef injection so you're not a cranky raghole all day.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1

Hightower on NE, who the Steelers wanted for their defense, is a better pick for DROY than Jones. I can't imagine Jones racking up 12 sacks the way NE plays defense.
    That's my pick there. Hightower will have close to 100 tackles as the only player making tackles on that team. Jones will be watching him from the bench most of the game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Hope TX gave you a nice hot beef injection so you're not a cranky raghole all day.
    That's not very nice, or creative. Beside that's a crime in Texas. Don't be making wild allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    That's my pick there. Hightower will have close to 100 tackles as the only player making tackles on that team. Jones will be watching him from the bench most of the game.
    I guarantee you it'll be Hightower and Coples by years' end who will be DROY candidates. Maybe Maurice Claiborne of Dallas, but I doubt it. I think Ingram was drafted on the wrong team. I loved him, but he's not on the right team for him, and doesn't have the compliment player that he had at SC to open things up for him.