Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk football.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    That's not very nice, or creative. Beside that's a crime in Texas. Don't be making wild allegations.
    And not looked upon with kindness in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    How ironic that you consider yourself an arbiter of critical and objective Jet fans when you lack those same qualities as regarding the Pasts* ill-gotten cheat-fezt SB victories.

Even the most level-headed, fair-minded, objective Jet fans (in your book) become "delusional" if they express a sincer belief that the whole Spygate "investigation"... by the NFL was a cover-up and sham designed to save the game from a shameful scandal that would have rocked it to its core.

Anyway, now that this thread has deteriorated into yet another hijacked Pats troll cluster ****.....I strongly suggest that the chowds take their parting shots at me.... then move on from this thread.

Thankee.

-
    Yeah, it was the chowds who forced this thread off course.

SPYGATE! ATTICA! SPYGATE! ATTICA!...........

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think you've been quite lovable since the poll
    ew.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1

Hightower on NE, who the Steelers wanted for their defense, is a better pick for DROY than Jones. I can't imagine Jones racking up 12 sacks the way NE plays defense.
    That's assuming that our tackles' play last year is indicative of their abilities, and not the way they played in 2010. One could easily say he'll be shut down in those two games if Sparano's offense works the way it's supposed to.

Jones is fast, but not physical. Our division is a physical division. Look for him to get adjusted to things before he figures out exactly how to use his talents.

Hightower is a more ready to play guy than Jones for NE. I'm more worried about that pick. You're just buying into the Jones hype.

I agree with you guys. And even RayRay, he made a good point (kills me to say it). The Jones pick was a little tongue-in-cheek. I figured after I picked Wilson (a Giant) I would throw in a Patriot for grins.

My real pick is Luke Kuechly. I posted it earlier in the thread.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...19&postcount=4

Hall Of Fame
    Shocking how Spygate got integrated into this thread.

How can we relevantly bring Tebow into the mix? Then things will get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree with you guys. And even RayRay, he made a good point (kills me to say it). The Jones pick was a little tongue-in-cheek. I figured after I picked Wilson (a Giant) I would throw in a Patriot for grins.

My real pick is Luke Kuechly. I posted it earlier in the thread.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...19&postcount=4
    He's another good pick. Coples and HIghtower may be featured in the Jets and Pats respectively, which may have the stand out as rookies. LK may also, since he was drafted to replace someone.

Watch, Bruce Irvin blows everyone away.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How is a true, factual post considered "ass kissing"?
    Haha...good one

How can we relevantly bring Tebow into the mix? Then things will get interesting.

It still won't be complete. At least not until Vin or Jordy brings Braylon into it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Chandler Jones is a ridiculous selection. He is raw, was a late bloomer, and won't even be a starter. The way the Pats rotate players and how they change their gameplan from week to week, it's very difficult on rookies, this has always been the case and why Belichick favors veteran players an why Belichick has such a poor success rate with young players.
    You said the exact same thing about Jerod Mayo his rookie year.

How'd that turn out?

All Pro

Tebow would never cheat. He would have given back the rings, as all good respectable people would.

Banned
    +1

Hightower on NE, who the Steelers wanted for their defense, is a better pick for DROY than Jones. I can't imagine Jones racking up 12 sacks the way NE plays defense.
    I also like the Hightower pick better than Jones.

BB loves versitle players and Hightower fits that to a tee.

I think Hightower will be a starter from day one and Jones to be a rotational player during his rookie year.

How'd that turn out?
    Honestly, TX, his rookie year was one of his best years. He hasn't become the superstar that he was projected after that.

I believe Hightower will make a bigger impact on the defense than Mayo in the long run.

I also like the Hightower pick better than Jones.

BB loves versitle players and Hightower fits that to a tee.

I think Hightower will be a starter from day one and Jones to be a rotational player during his rookie year.
    Exactly how I see it too. If Jones starts from day 1, and I'm the offensive coordinator, I run it to his side every play.

Watch Hightower lead the team in tackles, or be close to it.

All Pro

How'd that turn out?
    He's too small.

Banned
    Honestly, TX, his rookie year was one of his best years. He hasn't become the superstar that he was projected after that.

I believe Hightower will make a bigger impact on the defense than Mayo in the long run.
    Unfortunately, you are correct about Mayo.

Totally disappointed in his performance after his rookie season.

I think he either steps up his play this year, or it will be his last year as a Patriot.

Banned
    Exactly how I see it too. If Jones starts from day 1, and I'm the offensive coordinator, I run it to his side every play.

Watch Hightower lead the team in tackles, or be close to it.
    I think the key here is whether the Pats play more 3-4 or 4-3 during the year.

They changed around quite a bit last season.

Unfortunately, you are correct about Mayo.

Totally disappointed in his performance after his rookie season.

I think he either steps up his play this year, or it will be his last year as a Patriot.
    It will also probably define the rest of his career, regardless of where he plays.

I think the key here is whether the Pats play more 3-4 or 4-3 during the year.

They changed around quite a bit last season.
    They had to, as they were so porous to start the year. It's all about personnel with BB (on defense). Funny, how he was this defensive genius, but his offense is so prolific. That just shows he knows football, period.

Cheating aside, of course.

TX actually knows a lot about football, and can have great discussions about the game.

When he isn't in trolling mode, and wants to..........
    I never said he did or didn't, just that Jordy was kissing his ass, thought was funny in the middle of the brawl that was going on, that was some great reading

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I never said he did or didn't, just that Jordy was kissing his ass, thought was funny in the middle of the brawl that was going on, that was some great reading
    I just finished reading the entire thread.

You are correct, that was some great reading.